Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/30/2014 8:59:50 PM EDT
I wonder if half of LA's surgically-enhanced residents have to move out now.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/california-governor-expected-plastic-bag-ban-25858684

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#1]
A lot of places are starting to do that
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:01:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They're the first to issue a statewide ban on them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:04:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Guess I will buy my own bags in bulk to use for groceries to later use for litter box bags and still throw away plastic bags.

And the governor is a flaming plastic bag of shit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#4]
The world gets more retarded on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:09:25 PM EDT
[#5]
i heard about this.  makes sense.  lets save the environment from plastic bags by cutting down a bunch of trees.  fucking CA.  the libtards and hippies have turned that place into a shit hole
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i heard about this.  makes sense.  lets save the environment from plastic bags by cutting down a bunch of trees.  fucking CA.  the libtards and hippies have turned that place into a shit hole
View Quote

I agree!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought they wont let people use those either, or maybe they charge you for them.

They want people to bring in their own reusable cloth bags
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Guess I will buy my own bags in bulk to use for groceries to later use for litter box bags and still throw away plastic bags.

View Quote

the alternative is paper....
which costs more money, takes more energy, and is harder to recycle than plastic.
liberals in the 80's were sucking off plastic as saving the rain forest. not it is the devil
never trust what the environmental terrorists say. its all bullshit
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:13:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#10]
More plastic bags for me.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:17:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey Bros. Why you hate capitalism?

Store owners are behind this as they don't have to supply bags. Now they get to charge you for the bag if you want one.

Capitalism, bros.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I remember when they there was some "save the trees" crap back in the late 70's or early 80's that brought in the use of plastic bags. Reminds of global cooling, no global warming, no climate change.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:18:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Here
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Get your preban plastic bags HERE
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:46:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

they charge for payper, welcome to austin texas 2013
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:53:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#17]
So dime bags are now going to be dime boxes?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:53:28 PM EDT
[#18]
The planet is safe now - on to the spotted owls.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

no truer words have ever been spoken...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:56:22 PM EDT
[#20]
meh, plastic bags are the ghetto's tumbleweeds.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#21]
They should just draw astronaut helmets on the bags and give them to kids to play with.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Tree killers!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:57:54 PM EDT
[#23]
I will have to toss these up in EE

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:01:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some of us are old enough to remember when plastic bags were pushed on us by the environuts because the paper bags where killing too many trees.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Id start a campaign to leave shopping carts all over the parking lot in protest.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:05:35 PM EDT
[#26]
There was a time when I had reservations about a plastic grocery bag ban. Unfortunately, California citizens are some of the least responsible citizens in the country and the state, waterways, beaches, etc. is filled with plastic bags that were not properly recylcled or disposed of.

The reality is that many people are purchasing reusable bags by their own initiative. Plus, waste will be cut down, grocery stores will save money, and there will be less waste. Grocery stores such as Raley's give a credit for reusable bags as well. They pay for themselves. Finally, it is nice to have a bag that is durable, can be reused, and does not rip apart as the groceries are being transferred to or from the car.

Frankly, I just do not care about this. California banned plastic bags. Oh well. Eventually no one will care. Plenty of paper material to recyle as well. Just watch. In a couple of years, everyone will forget about it. Otherwise, y'all can come to the land of the free and enjoy plastic grocery bags in Idaho.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:06:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Id start a campaign to leave UPSIDE-DOWN shopping carts all over the parking lot in protest.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:09:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Portland has that shit. Fucking pain in the ass paper bags

On top of cutting down trees, how much energy does it take to produce a paper bag vs a plastic one?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:12:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I remember when they there was some "save the trees" crap back in the late 70's or early 80's that brought in the use of plastic bags. Reminds of global cooling, no global warming, no climate change.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly what I was thinking.

Why do we keep listening to these douche bags?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:16:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I thought they wont let people use those either, or maybe they charge you for them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those cloth bags are a health hazard and a means of transmission for things like salmonilla (however the fuck you spell it). Most people who have those bags never wash them, mostly because they are shit material that don't hold up well to repeated washing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:16:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Store owners are behind this as they don't have to supply bags. Now they get to charge you for the bag if you want one.

Capitalism, bros.
View Quote
Yep.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:17:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Some of us are old enough to remember when plastic bags were pushed on us by the environuts because the paper bags where killing too many trees.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I remember that bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:18:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know, gonna have to buy plastic bags for dog poop in the yard, then throw them away as well as the paper ones. Oh well, I work for a forest products company so I guess that's good for them...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#34]
I think a bag tax is more appropriate.  Bag use drops by like 80% when you use a simple 10 cent tax, but you still get to throw away bags that have carried raw meat.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:22:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went to a gun store in north Austin a few months back where they mentioned that the code enforcement person who has to make sure no one uses plastic was asking for a plastic bag because having no bags is an obvious PITA.

It was funny, in an "even the enforcers know it's wrong" kinda Soviet joke sort of way.

Though it does make me wonder if there's "big paper" money behind it, or if it's just the complete disconnect of enviro justice warrior rich white people who don't do their own shopping allowing these bills to be passed.  Or both.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:24:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
There was a time when I had reservations about a plastic grocery bag ban. Unfortunately, California citizens are some of the least responsible citizens in the country and the state, waterways, beaches, etc. is filled with plastic bags that were not properly recylcled or disposed of.

The reality is that many people are purchasing reusable bags by their own initiative. Plus, waste will be cut down, grocery stores will save money, and there will be less waste. Grocery stores such as Raley's give a credit for reusable bags as well. They pay for themselves. Finally, it is nice to have a bag that is durable, can be reused, and does not rip apart as the groceries are being transferred to or from the car.

Frankly, I just do not care about this. California banned plastic bags. Oh well. Eventually no one will care. Plenty of paper material to recyle as well. Just watch. In a couple of years, everyone will forget about it. Otherwise, y'all can come to the land of the free and enjoy plastic grocery bags, suppressors, "high-capacity magazines", SBRs, no bullet buttons, good hunting, better state income tax, cheaper gas, better schools, less illegal immigrants, lower crime, cheaper outdoor recreation, etc... in Idaho.
View Quote

Edit: Added some important benefits to leaving this shit-dump.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:26:56 PM EDT
[#39]
It isn't just grocery stores.

A local uber progressive town banned all plastic bags several years ago.
One of my main "go to" hardware stores is in that down.

Try hand carrying 50 mag catches for cabinet doors out to your truck because they cannot give you a fucking bag anymore.
Stupid, stupid, stupid.

But it isn't.

A smart person would look at campaign donations and lobbying efforts by the plastic bag industry, the paper bag industry and the reusable bag industry.
Or who owns the companies poised to capitalize on this law and their connections (either supporters or family members) of politicians.

Always…..Follow…. The……Money..
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:27:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:29:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Peak plastic bags
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#43]
those things have caught 2 cars on fire of mine.hit a hot exaust and wrap around - poof.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Assault bags You don't need to make only 1 trip only assault lifters need to make one trip.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:41:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Frankly, I just do not care about this. California banned plastic bags. Oh well. Eventually no one will care. Plenty of paper material to recyle as well. Just watch. In a couple of years, everyone will forget about it. Otherwise, y'all can come to the land of the free and enjoy plastic grocery bags, suppressors, "high-capacity magazines", SBRs, no bullet buttons, good hunting, better state income tax, cheaper gas, better schools, less illegal immigrants, lower crime, cheaper outdoor recreation, etc... in Idaho.

LOL. Life is good here.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:41:33 PM EDT
[#46]
fuck em I will bury mine first before they confiscate them...oh wait
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Someone inviting Californians to invade their state?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Otherwise, y'all can come to the land of the free and enjoy plastic grocery bags in Idaho.

Someone inviting Californians to invade their state?

LOL. I just hope the liberals stay behind. I still do not understand why I see "Blue girl, red state" stickers here. Why are they here? They can go to Washington or California if it is so much better. Leave us peaceful conservatives alone.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:02:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
LOL. Life is good here.
View Quote

I envy you! I left Montana 3 years ago for various reasons, spent a lot of time in the Panhandle of Idaho, while I was there, can't wait until I can get back to either one
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:05:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Meh.. If they really cared, stores would promote free cloth bags over a certain amount spent. Plastic bags should be available, for an additional cost. Discounts for this who bring in their own bags. They could call it 'my bag.' Just like other leading countries. People cry about everything.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:09:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yep.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Capitalism, bros.
Yep.  

Are you kids trolling?  Capitalism is the voluntary exchange of goods and services.  If this were the case, then why is there a law when store owners could enact such a policy on their own?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top