Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 9/30/2014 8:39:22 PM EDT
Our Wal-Mart has been hit by a bunch of thievery lately, lots of recent security.  Normally, the guards only want to see your papers if you have something not bagged.  That is still a PITA, but their store, their rules and all that shit.  Lately, they are checking every time anyone walks through the exit door.  Tonight, I had to wait in line for one of the two registers who were trying to set a record for the slowest MoFo's on the planet for ringing you out.  Then, this dude was at the exit holding everybody up checking EVERY GOD DAMNED ITEM in their basket against the receipt...  I went around the exit line and began to walk out the door.  "Excuse me, Sir! Can I see your receipt?" I hear as I pass the line...  Me: "No!", and continued walking.  No further incident.  But the entire thing is starting to piss me off.

Questions
-Where did I miss that I get to be patted down when I leave the fucking WalMart?
-What makes "No" the wrong answer?
-Why don't they just holler 'Papers, Please!"?
-If there are only two registers, two bouncers, and one open door; why doesn't WM just put one guard on the registers so the Nazis can watch your shit be rung up, and the other roam the floor instead of holding you up at the exit line?

Fucking WalMart.
IBCSB
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Guy is just doing his job. Must you be that way.

ETA: And I take it you have never shopped at Costco.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:41:57 PM EDT
[#2]
No is not a wrong answer. I never stop for receipt checkers and they never confront me; then again I never shop at the membership stores.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guy is just doing his job. Must you be that way
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:42:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Consider yourself lucky that you made it out with both legs intact.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Seems to me you started out correctly saying their store their rules. Don't shop there if you don't like being hassled.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:43:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Guy is just doing his job. Must you be that way. And I take it you have never shopped at Costco.
View Quote

I at least say "no thank you".
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I was under the assumption that after I paid for it and left the check out line, it was mine. Not sure why I would need to show other people receipts for things I already own.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#9]
They got rid of the exit monitors at my local WallyWorld.  Cost savings.

BTW, failed to blade.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#10]

At Fry's Electronics they have receipt checkers.   The vast majority stop it's quick and virtually painless.   I tell them no thank you every time and it's a non-issue.

At Sam's club I show them my receipt as its what I signed up for.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:44:54 PM EDT
[#11]
"No thanks.  I am not a thief."
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was under the assumption that after I paid for it and left the check out line, it was mine. Not sure why I would need to show other people receipts for things I already own.
View Quote

This.

Though I do follow the terms of my membership at Sam's Club.

Everyone else can get bent.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#13]
When it happened to me ( note I was carrying 2 cases of clay pigeons), I told the old lady, if they suspect I stole something, their loss prevention people should confront me. She followed me 200 yards out in the parking lot berating me.

I laughed at her and got in my truck and drove off.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#14]
They have done this at Sam's Club in Bangor, ME for years.

Guess I never felt oppressed enough to storm off with my panties in a twist.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I just show it to them. I'm an anti-confrontational kind of guy.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Loss prevention is a big deal in most stores.  I generally don't have a problem showing my receipt.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Please tell me you bladed at a 45!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Why are most of you wound so tight?  It takes two seconds. Why so serious?  Life is too short.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:48:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Obviously not, OP didn't state his leg was broken!!!LOL
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#22]
You should have said  "How should I know?" and walked away.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck that guy and his job. I wont shop at a place that does that.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Lucky he didn't sweep the leg
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They have done this at Sam's Club in Bangor, ME for years.

Guess I never felt oppressed enough to storm off with my panties in a twist.  
View Quote

They do this at all of them, not just yours. Check your privilege
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#26]
The anger should be saved for the buttholes that shoplift and make stuff like this necessary.  Part of the cost of every item we buy is the built in loss from theft.

I get why it feels annoying.  Just saying the real buttholes are the thieves.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#28]
"Hello sir, can I see your receipt?"

MASSIVE ADRENALINE DUMP
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:51:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

In at many states, Costco and Sam's have  to sell liquor to anyone that walks in, membership or no.  That leads to some really hilarious situations where you can buy a cart load of booze, then walk straight past the door minion.  

I suggest telling them "its none of your business" and laughing at them in the process.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Maybe its a sign you live in the wrong part of the country?  Our greeters here only greet, they never check receipts unless the alarm goes off.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Costco and Walmart are two totally different things. There is a membership agreement at Costco that every member agrees to that states that they will be checking receipts at the door. No such agreement exists at Walmart. Once a customer at Walmart has paid for the goods, the items belong to the customer, and Walmart has no right to examine their receipt.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:53:36 PM EDT
[#32]
I heard a black guy shouting, "No!  I know the real reason why you want to check it!"  Or WSTTE.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#33]
YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY RECEIPT

Come on, you were thinking it weren't you
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:56:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Pro tip, don't go to walmart
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:58:10 PM EDT
[#35]
ive no problem with it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#36]
If I have to wait in line for them to check,  I'm blading and going around. If they're quick and don't inconvenience me, I'll play ball.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:58:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Costco and Walmart are two totally different things. There is a membership agreement at Costco that every member agrees to that states that they will be checking receipts at the door. No such agreement exists at Walmart. Once a customer at Walmart has paid for the goods, the items belong to the customer, and Walmart has no right to examine their receipt.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True... But they do have the right to keep you off of their property.

Just show the receipt to the person and be thankful WalMart hired the person and they are not on welfare (or part of the FSA)
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#38]
If I'm walking out of a store with an expensive and unbagged item I have zero issue showing my receipt. Especially since if I'm buying a single item I often decline a bag.

That said I'm not gonna wait in line while they check if everyone paid for their eggs and bread.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#39]
So buy your Cheap Chinese made shit somewhere else.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am always happy to show them whats in my bag, the price I charge for this is  whatever I just paid.  They were not giving me anythign for free, I see no reason to give them anythign for free.  If my receipt reads, I spent $99.00 in their store, they can pay me $99.00 to oogle whats in my bag.

So far no takers.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#41]

the walmart I use once a month cuz I cant stand it, doesn't have greeters anymore.

24/7 greeters cost $174,720 a year in wages not including benefits and taxes, per supercenter.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#42]
I always say, "No! Thank you!" Then push my cart around them. The untrained newbies usually get frazzled but I'm sure they get over it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The anger should be saved for the buttholes that shoplift and make stuff like this necessary.  Part of the cost of every item we buy is the built in loss from theft.

I get why it feels annoying.  Just saying the real buttholes are the thieves.

View Quote

Problem is, most retail theft is employee related.  Not being a walmart employee, the risk of my stealing from them is next to nil.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Over the last 10 years, every time I leave a walmart I say to myself......never again.  I think a couple weeks ago was the final straw. Several weeks ago in the Sunday paper wally world had an ad for hundred round packs of Federal shotgun shells for 19.94   I stopped at the one near my place of work. They didn't have any Federals and the guy said they were expecting them in "soon", but they had none for the sale. Then he pointed out they had 100 packs of winchesters for 26.97.  No thanks.   On the way home I stopped at 2 more wally worlds. Same story.  
  Couple days later I figured that maybe I should ride out to a store that is in a rural area......about 20 miles away. Same damn story, and they keep pointing out they have the Win.@ 27 bucks. All told, I went to 11 different wal marts, over a distance of about 45-50 miles from the farthest two.
  Nothing but a bait and switch scam. Fawk wal mart.
The next week, Dicks had their sale on shot shells. Went in and they were ready for a sale.....must have had at least a thousand boxes of 12/20 ga shells.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#45]
say 'Fair is fair, show me everything in your wallet first'
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#46]
I always say "no thanks" and just keep walking. I'm not trying to make a scene or be difficult. Sometimes there's a uniformed LEO there and they couldn't care less.

I'd bet there's more loss from thieving employees than shoplifters anyway.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:07:15 PM EDT
[#47]
"High security" loss prevention measures are reserved for businesses that cater to shit head FSA scum.

Shop somewhere that doesn't cater to shit head FSA scum.

Problem solved.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:07:49 PM EDT
[#48]
INB4 OP gets his leg broke.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Our Wal-Mart has been hit by a bunch of thievery lately, lots of recent security.  Normally, the guards only want to see your papers if you have something not bagged.  That is still a PITA, but their store, their rules and all that shit.  Lately, they are checking every time anyone walks through the exit door.  Tonight, I had to wait in line for one of the two registers who were trying to set a record for the slowest MoFo's on the planet for ringing you out.  Then, this dude was at the exit holding everybody up checking EVERY GOD DAMNED ITEM in their basket against the receipt...  I went around the exit line and began to walk out the door.  "Excuse me, Sir! Can I see your receipt?" I hear as I pass the line...  Me: "No!", and continued walking.  No further incident.  But the entire thing is starting to piss me off.

Questions
-Where did I miss that I get to be patted down when I leave the fucking WalMart?
-What makes "No" the wrong answer?
-Why don't they just holler 'Papers, Please!"?
-If there are only two registers, two bouncers, and one open door; why doesn't WM just put one guard on the registers so the Nazis can watch your shit be rung up, and the other roam the floor instead of holding you up at the exit line?

Fucking WalMart.
IBCSB
View Quote

103rd?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Just show the receipt to the person and be thankful WalMart hired the person and they are not on welfare (or part of the FSA)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The right to keep me off their property? I am trying to exit the store and leave their property. So that doesn't even make any sense.

They can hire all the receipt checkers that they want, and I will still not show them shit. BTW, a lot of Walmart employees are on welfare.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top