Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:47:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:08:09 AM EDT
[#2]
It is not that bad. Could it get worse? Anything can get worse, it just depends at what point we turn it around. 3 people contracted it overseas and were brought here, one to my very state (Nebraska).

You are just as likely to be killed somewhere by a thug/disgruntled person, struck down by a vehicle, or any number of ways. Live your life how you want, I'm not going to worry too much, I was a gunner in Afghanistan and didn't wear the gunners restraint whenever I could. I was just as likely to take a bullet as get thrown out of the truck (I was in Kabul, it was pretty dull). Enjoy the finer things in life like your family, protect them, but don't over think it that you can't enjoy it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:15:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We're all gonna die
View Quote

Yup, Billy said it best and he was right cause he ain't make it to "getting to da choppaaaa"
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:19:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am paying attention to it, but I'm not worried yet.  If no other people who this guy was in contact with come down with it, then it's fine.  If it turns out that he infected somone(s) and they in turn infect some more people, then yes I will start becoming concerned. Hopefully they have done a good job of identifying people he may have infected and have them staying away from others.
View Quote

This right here. We're still weeks if not months away from seeing the full impact of any single case.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:28:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:55:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to go on record and say this is going to blow up and I really think it's intentional too.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Ebola: Just one more reason I will NOT be leaving mom's basement anytime soon.

Ebola is almost as scary as girls.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:41:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm just not that scared of contracting this shit. I'm actually a lot more worried about one of my neighbors going jihad that I am about catching Ebola. I'll go to school tomorrow, go to the store when I need shit and associate with whoever I have to.

Who's with me on this?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

The fact that you would even have these thoughts and feel the need to post them, is proof of being a wierd person.

Are you seing PANIC all around you?  

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm definitely going to stop rolling around in other people's blood.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:44:42 AM EDT
[#10]
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0049WPJ5Q/ref=s9_simh_gw_p328_d0_i7?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0BXM7N0VADXFSN32F15G&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

Yellow Tychem® QC Chemical Protection Coveralls With Serged Seams, Front Zipper Closure, Attached Hood, Attached Sock Boots, Elastic Face And Elastic Wrists

17$  

http://www.amazon.com/Israeli-Issue-Drinking-Sealed-Filter/dp/B004RUB8VE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1412170872&sr=8-2&keywords=gas+mask

Israeli Issue Gas Mask with Drinking Tube & Sealed Filter

27$

add your own Duct tape
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Worrying just makes your last moments miserable.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:50:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm with ya. I even work in microbiology. I just don't see it as a threat.

Obama and him minions are a bigger threat to me. Or the ferguson crowd.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It concerns me.

I am a paramedic and I have had plenty of other people's blood on me. Not on purpose, but it happens. Furthermore, I see a lot of sick people before the hospital does.
This guy got into the country somehow. Others can and may have come in also.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It concerns me.

I am a paramedic and I have had plenty of other people's blood on me. Not on purpose, but it happens. Furthermore, I see a lot of sick people before the hospital does.

Heard this morning on the news that the medics who picked him up and transported him... Are now being quarantined.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Keep in mind that in countries where Ebola is the worst, the indigenous personnel break into the clinic wards and steal the bloody sheets to resell on the street.  The difference in the standard of sanitation and medical care is profound.
View Quote

Yeah, it's pretty easy not to get Ebola.

Well for most folks. Drs and nurses have the biggest risk.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#15]
As long as I don't have to chose between being beheaded with a butter knife or having my internal organs turned to a bloody mess, I'm not nervous about the jihad idiots or Ebola.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:31:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The fact that you would even have these thoughts and feel the need to post them, is proof of being a wierd person.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm just not that scared of contracting this shit. I'm actually a lot more worried about one of my neighbors going jihad that I am about catching Ebola. I'll go to school tomorrow, go to the store when I need shit and associate with whoever I have to.

Who's with me on this?

Well, I live in Dallas, and while I am not seeing panic, I am seeing and hearing concern from people.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I've beaten cancer.

Nothing really scares me, anymore...

<shrug>

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:20:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Welp,

I am terrified.  Already had the talk with the wife; if she follows the plan she and the kids have a better chance.  But not sure they will enjoy the aftermath either.  Black plague, Spanish Influenza, and now Ebola.  We were foolish to think it would never happen again.  *sigh*
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:24:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I think the people that are really undereducated are the ones who aren't at least a little concerned.
View Quote
Or, you know, the total opposite of that.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keep in mind that in countries where Ebola is the worst, the indigenous personnel break into the clinic wards and steal the bloody sheets to resell on the street.  The difference in the standard of sanitation and medical care is profound.

Again, this is not the case.

Paramedics will deal with the infected patient  before any doctors or nurses do, in the patients house with the patients family members before anybody knows what's wrong with him. In all likelihood.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#21]
everyone stay calm and keep buying shit to help the economy.

stay together and observe your fellow citizens...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:39:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

not as isolated when you are 20 miles from the known case in the US.  How many did he infect in the 6 days before being treated? How many will they infect?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not scared yet.

Isolated incidents are isolated.

not as isolated when you are 20 miles from the known case in the US.  How many did he infect in the 6 days before being treated? How many will they infect?

Lol I'm within half a mile and my give a fuck meter has only slightly come off the low peg
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#23]
You are failing to take the long view.

It scares the bloody hell out of me that ebola has been diagnosed in the US.  I am not worried about contracting the disease.  I think TPTB will contain ebola and retain control of the situation.  That is what scares the bloody hell out of me.  Because the next time there is an outbreak of some potentially fatal disease, the gov't will have the precedent of how ebola was contained to calm public fears--whether or not that calm is justified by the facts.  

The US government is very good at ignoring the differences between apples and oranges when that blurring of differences suits its agenda.  And anyone who thinks that when it comes to disease, the only agenda our gov't has is the maintenance of public health and safety is a fool.

However the ebola situation goes, it is a lose/lose for the American people.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Time will tell.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:27:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm with ya. I even work in microbiology. I just don't see it as a threat.

Obama and him minions are a bigger threat to me. Or the ferguson crowd.

View Quote

Your statements are not logically consistent.

I agree Obama and his minions are a bigger threat.  Remember their mantra about "never let a good crisis go to waste"?  Just think how they could spin this if they contain it this time and then something really bad comes down the pike.  That's what I'm afraid of--not the disease but how they might use it to further their own agenda.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Im concerned , not worried ......... yet

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Sense.  Ebola isn't a real threat here.

They likely have already tracked down almost everyone who has been in contact with this guy after he started showing symptoms and told them to isolate themselves.

His family might be screwed, though.
View Quote
Yep, it's going to suck for a handful of people.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
It concerns me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It concerns me.

I'd be more worried about hepatitis, AIDS and your rig getting into an accident.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:25:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'd be more worried about hepatitis, AIDS and your rig getting into an accident.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It concerns me.

Worried > Concerned

FWIW: I have run calls on hundreds of people with hepatitis and dozens of people with AIDS.
They don't worry me and are low on my concern meter.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:40:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

\Why in the great blue fuck do they not make people in these known areas quarantine for x amount of days before they can enter the US??????????????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It concerns me.

\Why in the great blue fuck do they not make people in these known areas quarantine for x amount of days before they can enter the US??????????????

I have the same question.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:49:34 AM EDT
[#31]

Thank you.  I've been thinking this all day.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:57:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Hey, can this shit be spread by mosquitoes?

Because if so then my worry level just went from 'What's the big fuckin' deal bitch?' to 'HOLY FUCKING SHIT WE'RE ALL GOING TO FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!'
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:01:19 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

Because if so then my worry level just went from 'What's the big fuckin' deal bitch?' to 'HOLY FUCKING SHIT WE'RE ALL GOING TO FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!'

Interestingly, I mentioned the "HIV can be transmitted by mosquitoes" theory in the Ebola Patient thread.  It turned out to be a non-issue as well.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:04:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:07:03 AM EDT
[#35]
The Ebola Virus is transmitted when a person comes into direct contact
with the body fluids (e.g saliva, blood) skin and mucous membranes of an
infected person. It cannot pass through a mosquito as mosquitoes are
not the natural host and it does not survive in mosquitoes
View Quote

So y'all just stay the fuck away from me and I won't have to start shooting. Win-Win.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:08:19 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, it's the cool thing to worry about now.  West Nile virus is so last week
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:17:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Afraid of ebola, no.

Ebola pitt bulls?  Yes.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:40:07 AM EDT
[#38]
The Gooberment would never lie, or mislead you ... right?

You've got one chance to get it wrong.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:51:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:05:00 AM EDT
[#40]
With the competent, well lead government doing everything in its power to protect you, there's no cause for alarm.
In fact, the government has informed you that there is no cause for alarm.
Did the government lie about Fast & Furious?
Did the government lie about Benghazi?
Did the government lie about the IRS?
Did the government lie about the size of last fiscal year's deficit?

Is there any reason to believe that the trustworthy people in the government would lie about this matter?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:07:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It concerns me.

It would make sense to not allow flights from that region to enter the US. It would also make sense that if you did allow flights from that region to enter the US that you quarantine the people on the plane.
But, it seems that anything that makes sense doesn't happen.
It wouldn't be PC. And PC trumps all.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#42]
If you have kids in a public school, you should be concerned.

The myth that it can't be spread until "visible" is just that.  A myth.

Visibilty can be nothing more than a runny nose.

21 days of living in your house if it goes pandemic.

Good luck.  Hope you have enough water and food.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I am concerned, but not brooding about it.
I have researched many papers for my wife when she was taking her medical classes. Mad Cow Disease, or more appropriately bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) disturbs me more than this- especially since the incubation period can be 10 years after exposure. One book I read about it concluded that consuming meat from an infected cow wasn't necessary. The bone, etc. that is used for fertilizer can theoretically cause it to be carried on plants- like the lettuce in your taco.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think the people that are really undereducated are the ones who aren't at least a little concerned.

I have researched many papers for my wife when she was taking her medical classes. Mad Cow Disease, or more appropriately bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) disturbs me more than this- especially since the incubation period can be 10 years after exposure. One book I read about it concluded that consuming meat from an infected cow wasn't necessary. The bone, etc. that is used for fertilizer can theoretically cause it to be carried on plants- like the lettuce in your taco.

How do they, the scientists or experts, track back that somebody with mad cow disease today first contracted it 10 years ago?

Versus say just last week after eating a bad hamburger patty?

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Who's with me on this?

View Quote

I agree. There's only been around 3000 ebola deaths since 1976.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Who's with me on this?

View Quote

I agree. There's only been around 3000 ebola deaths since 1976.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:30:33 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm not concerned with the 1 known case in TX as much as I am the fact that FBHO is sending 3000 troops to the hot zone.  He refuses to deal with ISIS by putting "boots on the ground" but he'll damn sure send them to a 3rd world hell hole to contract a dealdly disease without a second thought.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:30:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

There's only been around 3000 ebola deaths since 1976.
View Quote

You might want to try and keep up with what's happening. There have been more than 3,300 deaths during this outbreak which began this year.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:42:58 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm more afraid of the government response.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:29:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

How do they, the scientists or experts, track back that somebody with mad cow disease today first contracted it 10 years ago?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read that book back in the late '90s. The problem is that until an autopsy shows the spongiform encephalopathy in the brain there is no way to know for sure. It is similar to creutzfeldt jakob disease if I remember correctly- I am not a doctor and it has been a while since I read it.
The main thing I do remember is the incubation period and that is can enter the food chain including vegetables through fertilizer.
It doesn't keep me awake at night, but I haven't forgotten about it either. They do a pretty good job staying on top of deseased cattle to prevent contamination, but with an incubation period that long can they really be sure?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm not scared but I damn sure will be keeping an eye on how things progress...
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top