Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/30/2014 7:45:26 PM EDT
I'm just not that scared of contracting this shit. I'm actually a lot more worried about one of my neighbors going jihad that I am about catching Ebola. I'll go to school tomorrow, go to the store when I need shit and associate with whoever I have to.

Who's with me on this?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm scared of Barack Ebola.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:48:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not scared yet.

Isolated incidents are isolated.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:48:10 PM EDT
[#3]
We're all gonna die
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:49:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Were all gonna die
View Quote

That's a guarantee and a condition of live birth.  The question is how and when.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm just not that scared of contracting this shit. I'm actually a lot more worried about one of my neighbors going jihad that I am about catching Ebola. I'll go to school tomorrow, go to the store when I need shit and associate with whoever I have to.

Who's with me on this?

View Quote

Tell me about this neighbor.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm not scared yet.

Isolated incidents are isolated.
View Quote

not as isolated when you are 20 miles from the known case in the US.  How many did he infect in the 6 days before being treated? How many will they infect?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Keep in mind that in countries where Ebola is the worst, the indigenous personnel break into the clinic wards and steal the bloody sheets to resell on the street.  The difference in the standard of sanitation and medical care is profound.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm definitely going to stop rolling around in other people's blood.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:26:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm scared of Barack Ebola.
View Quote

good tee shirt material right there
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:27:15 PM EDT
[#10]
This is going to put a real damper on my Sunday afternoon trips through the morgue.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Keep in mind that in countries where Ebola is the worst, the indigenous personnel break into the clinic wards and steal the bloody sheets to resell on the street.  The difference in the standard of sanitation and medical care is profound.
View Quote

Keep saying those things.   Let's talk again in a few months and see if all cases have been cleared up.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Not worried in the least.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Who's with me on this?

Shit!

I got at least 30 potential hadjis in this building. Pakistanis and Persians. The Somalis can't afford this part of town though.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:29:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Texas Health Presbyterian. (Photo ... confirmed on Tuesday September 30, 2014 that a hospital in Dallas diagnosed America's first Ebola case.Ebola Virus Diagnosed in U.S. Patient in Texas After Travel From Liberia, CDC Confirms
KTLA - 2 hours ago
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:33:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, we have one confirmed case of Ebola. Shitload of confirmed cases of workplace Jihad, er violence.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Its a touch unsettling just based on the fact that I also am in Dallas.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:46:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Lets get a few 100 confirmed cases, then I'll get "worried"
Right now Im just paying attention.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:53:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm actually a lot more worried about one of my neighbors going jihad that I am about catching Ebola.
View Quote

We have the same neighbors?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Sense.  Ebola isn't a real threat here.

They likely have already tracked down almost everyone who has been in contact with this guy after he started showing symptoms and told them to isolate themselves.

His family might be screwed, though.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:55:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

It concerns me.

I am a paramedic and I have had plenty of other people's blood on me. Not on purpose, but it happens. Furthermore, I see a lot of sick people before the hospital does.
This guy got into the country somehow. Others can and may have come in also.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:55:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm more concerned about one of the other drivers in thr metroplex smashing into me while texting.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#23]
If someone tries to jihad my ass I can shoot them in the face.

But... every day I'm surrounded by hundreds of nasty fucks that never learned how to cover their mouth when they cough, wash their hands or otherwise keep their bodily secretions to themselves.  That's a fuck of a lot harder to stop than some nutjob is a knife.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:59:34 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I'm a bit more worried than you are.  

Then again, I'm the guy who will end up treating these folks.  One sneeze or body-fluid exposure and I've got a 50% chance of dying?

Yeah.  Great.  

View Quote

Has anyone treated for Ebola in the United States ever died?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:00:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Shit!

I got at least 30 potential hadjis in this building. Pakistanis and Persians. The Somalis can't afford this part of town though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who's with me on this?

Shit!

I wouldn't worry about the Persians. What kind of Pakistanis are they? It makes a difference, you know.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I wouldn't worry about the Persians. What kind of Pakistanis are they? It makes a difference, you know.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who's with me on this?

Shit!

The Persians are the kind who refuse to talk to the police after a guy honor kills his daughters and cover for him while he escapes the country. The Pakistanis are the kind who wear the the long shirts and the taqiyahs.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

In poor countries where medical care is iffy at best. How would Ebola (a very delicate virus,) fare in first world medical conditions? Obviously Ebola is some serious shit and would kill a lot of people, it's not the widespread panick inducing stuff some would have you believe.

Where the problem would be is stupid as shit people going to work, school, shopping spreading it unknowingly. Given how most people can't stay the fuck home when they get the flu, that's were we would get boned.

Now, if that shit was airborne? SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING!!!

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:19:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:26:39 PM EDT
[#30]
i still plan to spend my weekend like normal - hugging strangers with my shirt off.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:28:28 PM EDT
[#31]
It has my attention, myself and my wife both work in a hospital.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I work in a germ factory (school)

I wash the fuck outta my hands and I still got hammered by that entrovirus last month. We're fucked if this gets loose in a heavy population center
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:37:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
i still plan to spend my weekend like normal - hugging strangers with my shirt off.
View Quote

#cuddleparty
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who's with me on this?

Shit!

probably the smelly kind
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:39:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

We've only had the one case that I know of, plus this guy.  That's an "n" of two.  Mortality in West Africa approaches 90% if untreated.  With decent medical/supportive care, it drops some... but it's still an ugly, deadly, hemorrhagic fever.  

And it's viral, so all the care is supportive... there is not a real treatment (other than this "serum" they used on the first guy, and they don't have any more of that).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then again, I'm the guy who will end up treating these folks.  One sneeze or body-fluid exposure and I've got a 50% chance of dying?

Yeah.  Great.  

We've only had the one case that I know of, plus this guy.  That's an "n" of two.  Mortality in West Africa approaches 90% if untreated.  With decent medical/supportive care, it drops some... but it's still an ugly, deadly, hemorrhagic fever.  

And it's viral, so all the care is supportive... there is not a real treatment (other than this "serum" they used on the first guy, and they don't have any more of that).

I'm not sure you want to survive treatment after half dissolving in your own fluids
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:46:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Grave robbing will never be the same

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:24:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah.  Great.  

No, we've had three other people transported back to the U.S. after contracting the disease, and they've all survived right? Right.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:25:24 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I wash the fuck outta my hands and I still got hammered by that entrovirus last month. We're fucked if this gets loose in a heavy population center
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like Dallas say?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:29:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That's a guarantee and a condition of live birth.  The question is how and when.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Were all gonna die

And how many are you taking with you.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:35:21 PM EDT
[#40]
I think the people that are really undereducated are the ones who aren't at least a little concerned.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:42:57 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I think the people that are really undereducated are the ones who aren't at least a little concerned.
View Quote

I'm a semi hermit anyways.

I work from home, I only take one lecture class at school and it only has 12 other students in it and I shop late at night when there are fewer people at the store. I don't contact sick people ever, I don't handle people's blood or shit and I don't contact dead bodies. I'm probably good.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:57:03 PM EDT
[#42]
707,000 us hep patients
379,000 us HIV/aids patients

000,001 us Ebola patient.

I'm no more worried about blood borne Ebola than I am about Magic Johnson. People have their panties in a twist over this because the people controlling the media want us to have our panties in a twist over this rather than focusing on something else they don't want us thinking about, like, the national debt, or Syria, or any number of legitimate issues.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:57:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am concerned, but not brooding about it.
I have researched many papers for my wife when she was taking her medical classes. Mad Cow Disease, or more appropriately bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) disturbs me more than this- especially since the incubation period can be 10 years after exposure. One book I read about it concluded that consuming meat from an infected cow wasn't necessary. The bone, etc. that is used for fertilizer can theoretically cause it to be carried on plants- like the lettuce in your taco.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:58:34 PM EDT
[#44]
The sovereign state of Georgia is defending the the rest of the union by launching an ICBM with MIRVs now in order to rid our graceful land of this black plague that TX has wrought.

The zombie apocalypse is upon us.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:02:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It concerns me.

I am a paramedic and I have had plenty of other people's blood on me. Not on purpose, but it happens. Furthermore, I see a lot of sick people before the hospital does.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It concerns me.

\Why in the great blue fuck do they not make people in these known areas quarantine for x amount of days before they can enter the US??????????????
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:02:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:07:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Read this

http://www.amazon.com/The-Hot-Zone-Terrifying-Origins/dp/0385479565/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412136421&sr=8-1&keywords=hot+zone
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:12:06 AM EDT
[#48]
The ambulance this victim was transported in was in service for three days after taking him to the hospital. Already exhibiting symptoms, mind you. All crews who manned the thing during that time have been asked to stay home with pay for 21 days. Not under quarantine though. The Dallas county EMS has quarantined the vehicle awaiting instructions on how to decontaminate the thing.

Party on, Garth.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:21:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Like others, I'm keeping an eye on it but it's well down the list of my concerns at this point. That could certainly change if things get crazy over the next month, but so far there's one case (which we all knew was coming, and there will be more) and also we are 3 for 3 as far as treatment and survival goes counting the patients that were transported in. If it was airborne it would have more of my attention because it would be impossible to keep from spreading.

Seems like every 5 years or so there is an "extremely deadly disease" that makes an appearance and the media hypes it up to be Armageddon. Unfortunately these diseases do prove to be quite deadly in small, poverty-stricken countries that have suspect healthcare. Fortunately for the U.S., they usually kind of stall out when they reach here because we have the capability to treat and contain them. I expect this one to be no different, but I'm keeping my eye on it until I know for sure.

My only real concern is that I have a pregnant wife who works at a hospital. However, she works in the cardiac unit and we also live in a small rural town with no airport.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:37:52 AM EDT
[#50]
I am paying attention to it, but I'm not worried yet.  If no other people who this guy was in contact with come down with it, then it's fine.  If it turns out that he infected somone(s) and they in turn infect some more people, then yes I will start becoming concerned. Hopefully they have done a good job of identifying people he may have infected and have them staying away from others.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top