Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/30/2014 5:37:37 PM EDT
I really don't know what the big attraction is to the Shield. For me, the Glock's length and especially its height advantage, outweigh the Shield's thickness advantage. Shit, I would choose the Glock, even if they had the same capacity, but the Glock holds even more ammo!

Bottom line for me: the G26 holds more ammo and is more concealable. Not even a contest. Get the Glock.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The original is always the best, whether it be guns or movies.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Dammit, why do you always change your avatar? Didn't you used to have a Darth Vader avatar?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I was having this mental debate at Cabela's today. I only own Glocks thus far and don't want to switch platforms when it comes to CCW-size. I'm not terribly fond of carrying a G23.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#4]
So you're sticking with a Glock?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#5]
A lot of people like the thinness of the shield for appendix carry.

I shoot the 26 better than the shield.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Dammit, why do you always change your avatar? Didn't you used to have a Darth Vader avatar?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^ That was a while back, at least two avatars ago.  

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I just shot a Sheild an hour ago and despite putting two of the first three rounds through the dead center, I found the Sheild too weird feeling in my hand.
I like any of my Glocks better than this, and given the capacity, I need the extra rounds where I live.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FOj0dDyraGg/TDK_5H4BXlI/AAAAAAAAAtY/M3jFOjQzytg/s1600/RevengeoftheNerds_Vader.jpg

^ That was a while back, at least two avatars ago.  

LOL, yes, you fucker. Yer in me brain, man.      
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I put the shield in my pocket.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:45:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just shot a Sheild an hour ago and despite putting two of the first three rounds through the dead center, I found the Sheild too weird feeling in my hand.
I like any of my Glocks better than this, and given the capacity, I need the extra rounds where I live.
View Quote

Whatever.......you're obviously a transplant from GlockTalk.com
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Yup

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

OK, and I'm glad you brought that up; that is one of the only situations where I can see it being better.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:48:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I sold my 26 and went to a shied. I always felt the glock on me. I forget the shield is even there.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I went Shield.  As I've gotten older, and out of LE, I want comfort.

The 26/27 were always thick enough to be uncomfortable to me, maybe it was a balance thing as the 19, to me anyway, always felt better IWB than the 26/27.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought he was Buck Rogers once?  Maybe a different guy...

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:50:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I sold my 26 and went to a shied. I always felt the glock on me. I forget the shield is even there.
View Quote

But you made a pretty big sacrifice in that decision. I mean, as long as you're okay with it, rock on.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:51:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I can carry a G19 in shorts and a t shirt.

If I need really deep carry, something smaller than a G26 or Shield is required like an LCP.

I keep meaning to pick up either a 26 or shield, but have difficulty finding a need for one.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I love my G26, but it carries like a brick IWB. I'm strongly considering a shield.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:55:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Semi autos don't belong in pockets
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I just shot a Sheild an hour ago and despite putting two of the first three rounds through the dead center, I found the Sheild too weird feeling in my hand..
View Quote

I have always thought the same thing. I shoot mine really well but it just feels weird. I've been wanting to trade if off with some cash for a G19.  I haven't shot it since I picked up my P938.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I came over here from GT. What of it?

I like my Shield during the warmer months, but now it's getting cooler the G30 will be coming back out.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

OK, and I'm glad you brought that up; that is one of the only situations where I can see it being better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is the only reason why I bought the Shield. I wanted something small enough to pocket carry, but large enough to shoot well. The Shield is the perfect size for that. Also, I don't know why, but it seems to have less felt recoil than others in it's class. It's not just me; I've heard it from other people at the range.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?
Why do you say that?, other than that's what you do....
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having a high post count doesn't make you an expert or give your opinion any validity.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Cool story bro.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I was having this mental debate at Cabela's today. I only own Glocks thus far and don't want to switch platforms when it comes to CCW-size. I'm not terribly fond of carrying a G23.
View Quote
G23 or G19=Best Glocks for CCW*

*Void in Detroit, Ferguson, MO or Memphis. G20 with 9x25 Dillon Barrel with Underwood FMJ=Best Glock

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Really?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

He probably also criticizes the Shield for having a manual safety, even though it makes it more safe for pocket carry.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I have always thought the same thing. I shoot mine really well but it just feels weird. I've been wanting to trade if off with some cash for a G19.  I haven't shot it since I picked up my P938.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just shot a Sheild an hour ago and despite putting two of the first three rounds through the dead center, I found the Sheild too weird feeling in my hand..

It felt like I had too much space on either side of the grip to grip it as firmly as I'd have liked.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:06:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

*Void in Detroit, Ferguson, MO or Memphis. G20 with 9x25 Dillon Barrel with Underwood FMJ=Best Glock

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#31]
i went with the shield - i had also wanted a glock 26 but the shield was smaller and more comfortable in my hands and i shoot it very well too
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

He probably also criticizes the Shield for having a manual safety, even though it makes it more safe for pocket carry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

Manual safties are for nail-biting pussies. The gun should always be in a good holster.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:18:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Having a high post count doesn't make you an expert or give your opinion any validity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said it did?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

It also makes it dangerous that it will stay on when you need it
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Manual safties are for nail-biting pussies. The gun should always be in a good holster.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

Yup
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#36]
The shield is ok. Not my preferred option.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:22:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

I do carry it in a pocket holster. Unfortunately, when I bought mine they didn't offer it without the safety or I would have gotten the non safety version. But I do practice with the safety.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#38]
The Glock cant do this with its poor grip angle

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't particularly care for either of them. None of these teeny little guns feel right in my hand. I'd rather just take the extra pains to conceal a full size pistol (G17), or at least opt for the G19. If it has to be smaller than a G19, that is when I turn to the J-Frame. I just can't like any of the sub-compact semi-auto pistols.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#40]
I sold my G27 and bought a Shield. I'm happy with my decision.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Was at the LGS and saw a number of the Plano PD detectives that had tried out the Shield and traded in their Glock 26's since it was more accurate, easier to shoot, and easier to conceal than the G26. I had tried to get down to "one true pistol" with the G26 but I took a training class and found its limitations.

Enjoy it if it works for you. Personally, I went back to the G19 & G22 since they're easier for me to shoot well.

YMMV,
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Meh, 29/27 are not too much smaller than 19.23,  which is my favorite carry.  I have a shield in a quick on/off holster for a grab and go rig that even works with shorts and flimsy belts.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I pocket carried my 26 daily for close to 2 years , because IWB didn't work for me for concealing at work.

I now pocket carry my 42, and the 26 is back to IWB, where it belongs.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:05:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I pocket carried my 26 daily for close to 2 years , because IWB didn't work for me for concealing at work.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

26 is a tough gun to pocket. Way too heavy for me to pocket it comfortably.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I really don't know what the big attraction is to the Shield. For me, the Glock's length and especially its height advantage, outweigh the Shield's thickness advantage. Shit, I would choose the Glock, even if they had the same capacity, but the Glock holds even more ammo!

Bottom line for me: the G26 holds more ammo and is more concealable. Not even a contest. Get the Glock.
View Quote

The main attractions for me was the thinner package. I handled a G27 and it felt to bulky.

I feel I made the right choice going with the Shield.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I only really noticed it being heavy when sitting for extended periods of time. But yeah, it is right on the borderline of being too big/heavy for pocket carry. Still doable, but the 42 is much better suited for it.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:20:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I went Shield.  As I've gotten older, and out of LE, I want comfort.

The 26/27 were always thick enough to be uncomfortable to me, maybe it was a balance thing as the 19, to me anyway, always felt better IWB than the 26/27.
View Quote

QFT

I actually like carrying my Shield.  Couldn't say that about my G26.  The gun you take to a gunfight is not always the gun you take to get a gallon of milk.  The first rule of a gunfight = have a gun.  The Shield fits both of these axioms perfectly.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#48]
I sold my G26 after the frame started splitting forward of the serial number.
Sent it to Symnra and they replaced the frame.
It was an early Gen3 OD frame FWIW.

I do miss the little guy.

The G19 surprisingly enough conceals better on me than the G26 did.
The muzzle of the G19 pushes the backstrap of the pistol into my side.
The G26 wasn't long enough to do that.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Am im I the only person who shoots the 26 better than the shield?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Comparing single stack gun to double stack gun is
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top