Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Unfortunately nothing came up when I did a search. Dupe or not i missed the thread.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Willing to bet your life on it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

would you be willing to bet your life on that? would you fly back to Africa with him, ungowned, unmasked, ungloved, in plane knowing how often the air is exchanged?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I bet he can spell consonant though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder why they're keeping his identity a secret.

Probably because it has a shit load of vowels, all in a row, separated by one coincident, and no one knows how to pronounce it, or he is currently on a no fly list.

I bet he can spell consonant though.

Damn auto correct, and good catch.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:47:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not according to CDC.  They say that the only way it's transmitted is through body fluids, not airborne.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They just let everybody in except if your carrying over 3 oz of fluid in your luggage. If he flew in he's already contaminated all the passengers, all the people they have since come in contact with etc. Could be the start if he infected anyone else he came in contact with.

Is that true?

Not according to CDC.  They say that the only way it's transmitted is through body fluids, not airborne.

That is a half-truth. If you sneeze you project small droplets of bodily fluids, and if there is blood in your mucus, well guess what?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They just let everybody in except if your carrying over 3 oz of fluid in your luggage. If he flew in he's already contaminated all the passengers, all the people they have since come in contact with etc. Could be the start if he infected anyone else he came in contact with.

Is that true?

CDC says sweat and urine as well...

Would you shake the hand of someone symptomatic with ebola?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#6]
and I am moving .73 miles away from that hospital tomorrow.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Are they sure it's not just internet hysteria?  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that true?

BS. The Canadians already proved Ebola is airborne. It's been also alive in semen 7 weeks after a person survives the infection. Certain communities will be wiped out.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs103/en/

From Pigs to Monkeys, Ebola Goes Airborne

http://healthmap.org/site/diseasedaily/article/pigs-monkeys-ebola-goes-airborne-112112
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ha.  Let's see how well that independent power grid works while you're
all bleeding out of your eyes, ears & anuses ( ani ? ).   Good luck Texas....
View Quote

Yeah, we'll all be bleeding out of our orifices any second now.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We are one fucked up country.  We can't even stop assholes from coming into our country from places that are in the midst of an outbreak of a dangerous virus.  What The Fuck doesn't even begin to cover how I feel.  I know that Malaria kills more people over in Africa, but I don't want it or Ebola over here.  
View Quote

What? You don't want malaria? Hey a good case of that and you can watch your urine go black over time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#11]
It's almost like someone is breaking a few eggs to make an omelet or something.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Unfortunately nothing came up when I did a search. Dupe or not i missed the thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's been on page 1 most of the day yesterday and today.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Patient Zero, allowed to happen by President Zero.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that true?

Despite the mountain of reports from West Africa that indicate aerosol transmission.  Yes, that's not "technically" airborne in the Influenza sense, but that's still pretty damn airborne.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#15]
If it is so non infectious, why did they use such extreme measures when they flew the first 2 from Africa to the US?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:51:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

would you be willing to bet your life on that? would you fly back to Africa with him, ungowned, unmasked, ungloved, in plane knowing how often the air is exchanged?

Still haven't answered the question..........
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice job Tejas.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Lol...they are avoiding the question about the flight he took.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nice job Tejas.
View Quote

Not Tejas's fault. Airline, The Feds, our administration.........not so much.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#21]
only a matter of time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Lol...they are avoiding the question about the flight he took.
View Quote

Yeah, and they emphasized how he was only symptomatic for 4 days before he went to the hospital.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I guess I'll have to cross Liberia off my bucket list, I was dying to go there.
View Quote

Still one of the better places in Africa... I'd much rather live in Monrovia rather than Congo, Algeria, or Somalia for instance.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone else watching the news conference? What is with the CDC  guy saying something about "we share the air we breath", anyone else think that is a funny thing to say about a bug that isn't airborne? Freudian slip perhaps?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well that's just fucking great.

We need to cease all incoming air traffic from Africa and any other country that allows flights from Africa.
View Quote

+100
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Who saw that coming?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
only a matter of time.
View Quote

21 days from September 28th to be exact.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

What? You don't want malaria? Hey a good case of that and you can watch your urine go black over time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We are one fucked up country.  We can't even stop assholes from coming into our country from places that are in the midst of an outbreak of a dangerous virus.  What The Fuck doesn't even begin to cover how I feel.  I know that Malaria kills more people over in Africa, but I don't want it or Ebola over here.  

If only there was some multi-billion dollar Department chartered with the task of keeping the Homeland safe and providing Security for those of us paying for said department.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:57:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Anyone else watching the news conference? What is with the CDC  guy saying something about "we share the air we breath", anyone else think that is a funny thing to say about a bug that isn't airborne? Freudian slip perhaps?
View Quote

Probably some thing they say to help get people to understand why we're out there... bad timing for some feel good quote.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#30]
This will be worse than Y2K
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:58:41 PM EDT
[#31]
god damn it ,im supposed to go to dallas in november
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

To say it isn't airborne is akin to the girl who doesn't count a dude on her list because it was "just the tip."
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:58:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If only there was some multi-billion dollar Department chartered with the task of keeping the Homeland safe and providing Security for those of us paying for said department.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell, I'd be satisfied with a POTUS looking out for the Heath and Safety of the citizens.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice job Tejas.

I know.  I just like giving them a ribbin' now and again.  I live in CT, I ain't got much to go on here.  

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I live closer
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Not necessarily - it is transmitted through bodily fluids and the patient only becomes infectious on presentation of symptoms.  During the incubation period which may be up to three weeks, humans are not infectious.
View Quote

Unfortunately, it sounds like this guy was already to the bleeding out stage when he finally decided to go to the hospital.  That puts him awfully close to symptomatic during his travels...  Let's not forget that this current strain of Ebola has been shown to be infectious a day or two BEFORE onset of symptoms.

I'm really beginning to wonder about the folks who are parroting the CDC's erroneous information like a, "Everything's gonna be alright", mantra of magical protection.

This current strain is DIFFERENT that the ones in the past.  And, it's gonna keep killing folks until we wake up and recognize it as such.

Will it progress in the USA like it has in Africa, I doubt it.  Nonetheless, people are gonna die (that shouldn't have) because of the institutionalized idiocy of the status quo mindset found in the domestic and global medical community.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#38]

I live closer

and work one of my jobs even closer than that.

and my other job is at another hospital in the area.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:03:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

BS. The Canadians already proved Ebola is airborne. It's been also alive in semen 7 weeks after a person survives the infection. Certain communities will be wiped out.

http://healthmap.org/site/diseasedaily/article/pigs-monkeys-ebola-goes-airborne-112112
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that true?

Stop bringing science into GD, we don't like facts here!

Seriously though, this is the site we use for reference at work (a major academic hospital): http://www.uptodate.com/contents/epidemiology-pathogenesis-and-clinical-manifestations-of-ebola-and-marburg-virus-disease
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Are N95 masks flying off of shelves yet?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Are N95 masks flying off of shelves yet?

Give it a couple hours.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Gonna go list my anti ebola AR15 on arms list right now!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Usual bunch of retards giggling and "lol".  It's so cute, it's so funny!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
How long before Obamao institutes martial law and stops elections?
View Quote

Shortly before he loads up the FEMA trains!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm sure Hussein is just crying his eyes out over the thought of an Ebola outbreak here.

Nothing would please that racist piece of vermin more than a few thousand evil Americans dying from Ebola.

Have we stopped travel from shitholes in Africa ? No? Hmmmmmmm, I wonder why.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Well we now know why FEMA has so many plastic coffins

Thanks for the heads up, Infowars.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Don't care.  It's a trivial thing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

No... I don't plan on crashing my car every time I drive, but I wear my seatbelt every day. I'm just crazy like that.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Is that true?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that true?

All it takes is one subway ride on a busy day. Doesn't matter if airborn or not. The only requirement is a lot of people around him and we're all screwed.

Does Dallas have a subway system? Never been to Dallas before.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Well that's just fucking great.

We need to cease all incoming air traffic from Africa and any other country that allows flights from Africa.
View Quote

With interconnecting flights, that is impossible.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:11:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

All it takes is one subway ride on a busy day. Doesn't matter if airborn or not. The only requirement is a lot of people around him and we're all screwed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that true?

im wondering about the people who were on the plane with him
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top