BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:17:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will they be checking for white socks next?
View Quote

Dirty underwear
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:20:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
DOJ can suck a bag of dicks. I don't always agree with cops but I hate a Natl force trying to tell locals what to do
View Quote

Has been occurring since Mr Lincoln got his way.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:56:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Should law enforcement officers, on duty, be allowed to wear paraphernalia that supports a specific cause?  Or should they be agenda-neutral while performing their jobs?
View Quote

If it were something like a T-shirt, arm-band or ball cap, or a bumper sticker on a police car, then no, obviously.

But this is small, barely-visible item.

ETA: My buddy's dad was a small-town cop in rural Upstate NY for 20-some yrs, and he wore an NRA belt buckle.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:30:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

ETA: My buddy's dad was a small-town cop in rural Upstate NY for 20-some yrs, and he wore an NRA belt buckle.
View Quote

I doubt anyone saw his pants buckle under the gunbelt
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Here is my story. An officer who took me under his wing my rookie year died in a vehicle accident responding to a fight call. His mother gave all of us these little gold angels to wear on our shoulders.

Wore mine everyday for years. Start a new department and within two or three days a member of the command staff called me into his office and told me to take it off it was not authorized to be on my uniform.

So I moved it to the shoulder strap of my vest.

With that said I have seen all kinds of those various braclets worn by officers. I think it all depends on whim of command staff and what they want to enforce.

I know Tuscaloosa police can't wear anything that supports Alabama or Auburn.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Should law enforcement officers, on duty, be allowed to wear paraphernalia that supports a specific cause?  Or should they be agenda-neutral while performing their jobs?

Here is my story. An officer who took me under his wing my rookie year died in a vehicle accident responding to a fight call. His mother gave all of us these little gold angels to wear on our shoulders.

Wore mine everyday for years. Start a new department and within two or three days a member of the command staff called me into his office and told me to take it off it was not authorized to be on my uniform.

With that said I have seen all kinds of those various braclets worn by officers. I think it all depends on whim of command staff and what they want to enforce.

As long as the call is being made by the department having authority over such matters, oh well. I'm guessing those decisions weren't made in consultation with or at the direction of USDOJ.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

As long as the call is being made by the department having authority over such matters, oh well. I'm guessing those decisions weren't made in consultation with or at the direction of USDOJ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  I personally think that officers shouldn't be wearing things like this in uniform but that is for the command staff to handle through their uniform policy.  The feds are putting their nose where it doesn't belong.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:19:37 AM EDT
[#8]

What a great use of federal resources.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:27:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Does the fact that the useless fucks in Ferguson has the ability to protest day and night tell ya something?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:52:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck DOJ.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:58:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Ferguson officers should just shave their heads in support.  Can't undo or stop that.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:04:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Many (might be most, I didn't take a poll) are wearing them more as a reminder "I could be the next Ofc. Wilson".  
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:09:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How about, fuck you DOJ. There is a lot of shit the DOJ might have some say in, this is not one of them. How about they launch an investigation into the Providence .gov employees endorsing a 2 time Felon and review whether a 2 time felon can even legally hold office if he has any oversight of LE. You know the whole thing regarding a felon having authority over people who carry arms, that small matter might require and investigation.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:11:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Who gives a shit...........fuck the DOJ.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:11:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

Do you mean an agenda-neutral cause like supporting a fellow officer during a witch hunt?  
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:13:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Dirty underwear
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Will they be checking for white socks next?

Dirty underwear

Sorry, that's racist.  The brown spot would be in the back.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top