Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/30/2014 5:09:33 PM EDT
Sorry if dupe, no search function.

I am all for a good LEO dog pile once in awhile and I can understand to a degree a department being able to tell officers not to wear inflammatory propaganda....but where the fuck does the DOJ get involved in this?

Good God, they aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

DOJ tells officers to remove ‘I am Darren Wilson’ bracelets

Alerted by residents that police officers have been wearing “I am Darren Wilson” bracelets, the U.S. Justice Department has told the Ferguson Police Department to order its officers to cease from wearing the symbol of support for the white police officer that fatally shot an unarmed black teenager last August.

Reuters reported the letter from the Justice Department said the bracelets had “upset and agitated” people and “reinforces the very ‘us versus them’ mentality that many residents of Ferguson believe exists.”
In another letter sent this week, the DOJ had reported that its investigators had seen Ferguson officers not wearing their name tags or obscuring their names. This is a violation of department rules.
According to Yahoo News, the Department of Justice stated that it had been assured by law enforcement officials with the county and state police that their officers would not wear the bracelets. Ferguson police could not be reached for comment as of last Friday evening.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:13:18 PM EDT
[#1]
In Ferguson, it truly is "us vs. them" for the police.

Not a big fan of the "pick up that can, citizen" mentality seen so often in police stories, and here, but if there is ever a reason for the cops to circle the wagons against the savages, its in that little burb.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Same here, I'd much rather deal with a "Respect my authoratie!" scenario than the savages roaming the streets over there.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
"According to Yahoo News, the Department of Justice stated that it had been assured by law enforcement officials with the county and state police that their officers would not wear the bracelets. Ferguson police could not be reached for comment as of last Friday evening."
View Quote

Well, I have been assured that there has been no domestic spying, that the economy is improving, that the Democrats don't want to take my guns, that we are a post-racial America, that I can keep my doctor, that the Constitution is the law of the land and applies equally to all citizens, and that the buck stops at the President's desk.  We've seen what assurances are worth so perhaps it's best to not keep score.

Now, as the kids say, go choke on a bag of dicks, DOJ.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm sure glad that the DoJ can get around to uniform policies in local police departments but can't be bothered with the investigating the IRS.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Will they be checking for white socks next?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:38:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will they be checking for white socks next?
View Quote

Check your white sock privilege!! Only commies wear white socks!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:41:15 PM EDT
[#8]
At first glance I thought that was a band on an ankle next to a house arrest ankle monitor
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#9]
How about, fuck you DOJ. There is a lot of shit the DOJ might have some say in, this is not one of them. How about they launch an investigation into the Providence .gov employees endorsing a 2 time Felon and review whether a 2 time felon can even legally hold office if he has any oversight of LE. You know the whole thing regarding a felon having authority over people who carry arms, that small matter might require and investigation.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:43:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Make me.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'm sure glad that the DoJ can get around to uniform policies in local police departments but can't be bothered with the investigating the IRS.  
View Quote
Or supplying guns to the cartels.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:45:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Pick up that can, officer.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#13]
So how is that Fast and Furious investigation going ? Anyone in jail yet ? the death toll is over 300
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Where the fuck do the Feds (who have absolutely no general police power) find any authority to tell local police in Missouri anything about departmental policy related to a matter involving issues of state criminal law.?!?!

(Yes, I know that actual authority to act is a novel idea nowadays, but the question has to be asked)
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#16]
In for the big FU to the DOJ....
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:45:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd wear em anyway. Fuck them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Make me.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:45:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Where might a person purchase one of these bracelets? I'd like to sport one, even though I have nothing to do with LE.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:03:11 PM EDT
[#22]
I wish the Ferguson or St Louis county chief would tell the feds to piss off.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:04:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Where might a person purchase one of these bracelets? I'd like to sport one, even though I have nothing to do with LE.
View Quote

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?v=timeline&id=1464514543811507&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ar15.com%2Fforums%2Ft_14_1%2F5116_____I_have_a_proposal____.html&_rdr
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:27:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Holy Schnikies, I actually agree with something Smiling Bandit posts!  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was bound to happen - something about monkeys with typewriters........................................
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't see how without an active consent decree the DoJ can tell a local PD do anything.
View Quote

There was a time when the question was whether or not the feds recognized states' rights. Now the question seems to be whether the feds even recognize the very concept of states at all.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Fuck DOJ
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:34:46 PM EDT
[#29]
It's a police state... In a city... But it's against the police. Not sure what that makes this, other than fucked up!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:18:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It was bound to happen - something about monkeys with typewriters........................................
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was the best of times.  It was the blurst of times.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:34:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:41:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Ahh yes DOJ Consent Decrees, "pay attention to this hand while the other takes over local law enforcement."

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:44:21 PM EDT
[#33]
The MOHP good Capt. Johnson who was acting in concert with the agitators actually stated that he would personally see to it that officers wearing those bracelets would be counseled. No shit. Who the hell is this guy and who died and left him in charge? Sad state of affairs indeed.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:47:38 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:49:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:53:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Local issue. Why is the DOJ even commenting on this?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:54:50 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/BT8xUmP.jpeg

How much are they?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Chuck Todd assured me that Holder is completely non-political. Totally.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

How much are they?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/BT8xUmP.jpeg

How much are they?

The facebook link a few posts up says $5 each. I don't do paypal so, I recon I'm sending a money order.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:04:12 PM EDT
[#40]
I guess DOJ wants to pay the salaries of the local police now?  Talk about a Federal grab.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:21:25 PM EDT
[#41]
I'd buy two for each wrist and one for my johnson if the DOJ told me to take it off.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:55:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Priorities man!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:56:36 PM EDT
[#43]
$5 each.

Officers responding are now being...sanitized.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:58:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Priorities man!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Priorities man!

Being a former local/state LEO. The DOJ can eat a bag o' dicks. Good luck "making" the department do anything. It will only happen by command of their immediate supervisor. There is no chain of command in local LE that includes the DOJ. Governor is the highest it gets. You aren't a federal officer.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:05:53 AM EDT
[#45]
DOJ doesn't dictate.  It blackmails.

Grants and shit, yo.  Threats of Lawsuits.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:28:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Fuck the DOJ.
One bracelet ordered.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:30:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:47:06 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I don't see how without an active consent decree the DoJ can tell a local PD do anything.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:59:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Should law enforcement officers, on duty, be allowed to wear paraphernalia that supports a specific cause?  Or should they be agenda-neutral while performing their jobs?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:12:31 AM EDT
[#50]
DOJ can suck a bag of dicks. I don't always agree with cops but I hate a Natl force trying to tell locals what to do
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top