Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not the best example.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blacks have not committed the vast majority of terrorist acts in the world for the last 40 years. Muslims have.

Would you use a pitbull as a nanny for your baby?

Not the best example.

You might not think so. But you were not in the Pediatric ICU like I was when the 3 year old arrived, whose misguided parents brought in after they left him in the back yard for 3 hours with the family pit bill. The dog literally ate his face off, from the eyes down. I have never seen anything like it. Even with the best surgeons he will never live a normal life.

You see enough jacked up stuff, you form opinions. Unfortunately political correctness seems to override any kind of common sense.

Even after a muslim US Army soldier rolls a grenade into a tent full of non-muslim soldiers yelling "Allah Akbar" and a US Army Major  goes on a shooting spree on non-muslim soldiers at Fort Hood yelling the same thing we still don't get it. Decapitations in Oklahoma. We still don't get it.

Probably deserve what we get for being so obtuse.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Blacks have not committed the vast majority of terrorist acts in the world for the last 40 years. Muslims have.

Would you use a pitbull with its history of attacks as a nanny for your baby?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Perhaps, but she is right. Selling guns to muslims is essentialy selling guns to terrorists.
True. Selling guns to blacks is essentially selling guns to criminals.  FYI, a higher percentage of blacks commit crime than the percentage of muslims committing acts of terror.  

Ban black people from gun ranges?

Blacks have committed more crimes in this country than muslims.  By your logic, they should be banned from gun ranges, too.

This is the same general fear and paranoia that the leftist gun grabbers use.

We're better than this.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You might not think so. But you were not in the Pediatric ICU like I was when the 3 year old arrived, whose misguided parents brought in after they left him in the back yard for 3 hours with the family pit bill. The dog literally ate his face off, from the eyes down. I have never seen anything like it. Even with the best surgeons he will never live a normal life.

You see enough jacked up stuff, you form opinions. Unfortunately political correctness seems to override any kind of common sense.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not the best example.

I agree with you on the pitbull.  I can't stand that shit.

Poor kid.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not the best example.

It's not the best example because Pit Bull terriers were literally known as the "Nanny Dog" for a long time. People bought them to watch their kids because of their loyalty and bravery.  

I'm not disputing your statement about Muslim terrorists, BTW.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What are their prices like?

How is their customer service?

What is their business reputation?

Do they have anything I want?

Otherwise, they could have Jihad thursday and satan worship saturday sales for all I care.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You think it's smart to publicly announce (and document) how your business is willfully violating federal law (specifically the Civil Rights Act)?

Your definition of "smart" must be different from mine.

Her "argument" is NO DIFFERENT from putting up a "no blacks" sign on her business, and trying to justify it by saying FBI crime statistics show that blacks are more likely to commit violent crimes and murder than whites.

She is not smart, she is an attention whoring imbecile.  If she actually does this, I predict that she will either be taken to court by the DoJ and will lose, or the ATF will pull her FFL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well said. She seems like a smart, well spoken person.

You think it's smart to publicly announce (and document) how your business is willfully violating federal law (specifically the Civil Rights Act)?

Her "argument" is NO DIFFERENT from putting up a "no blacks" sign on her business, and trying to justify it by saying FBI crime statistics show that blacks are more likely to commit violent crimes and murder than whites.

She is not smart, she is an attention whoring imbecile.  If she actually does this, I predict that she will either be taken to court by the DoJ and will lose, or the ATF will pull her FFL.

Many folks in GD would support that.

However, I must disagree about her intelligence. Given that this is a PR stunt, and she's getting massive amounts of free PR, and (I'm guessing) this will be pure red meat to the demographic that patronizes her business. She's a marketing genius.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:43:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Blacks have committed more crimes in this country than muslims.  By your logic, they should be banned from gun ranges, too.  

We're better than this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps, but she is right. Selling guns to muslims is essentialy selling guns to terrorists.
True. Selling guns to blacks is essentially selling guns to criminals.  FYI, a higher percentage of blacks commit crime than the percentage of muslims committing acts of terror.  

We're better than this.

The thing is, read the Quran.  What these jihadists are doing is what it calls for.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

She did no such thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think she made it pretty clear why it is completely different.

Race and religion are included in the Civil Rights Act.

She made a decent argument why Islam is not a religion.

She did no such thing.

Islam is a religion. It may be a murderous 7th century death cult, but it is a religion.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's not the best example because Pit Bull terriers were literally known as the "Nanny Dog" for a long time.
View Quote

Pehaps not
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The thing is, read the Quran.  What these jihadists are doing is what it calls for.
View Quote

I have read the Quran.  I also know that there are muslims fighting against the jihadists.  That tells me that some of them are on America's side.  Are they the crazy ones or are the jihadists the crazy ones?

Using literal religious teachings to further a bloody cause is not new.  Those bastards need to die.  Having said that, punishing law abiding American muslims is akin to banning AR15s for all of us because of a dipshit at Sandy Hook.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The nickname for pitbulls was originally the nanny dog. It's why they chose one for the Little Rascals tv show.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In this specific article what would you say doesnt make sense?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
To the point and very well supported...Bravo
I agree there was no bigotry involved and she supported all her points with valid logical reasons that anyone can get behind.

Well, anyone except normal people.  But whatever, her business her rules.
In this specific article what would you say doesnt make sense?

I've heard a lot of noise, but I'm still waiting for a response to Reservist's question.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:54:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Also, was she a burn victim or something? Her face looks like it was melted off then haphazardly thrown back together. Or maybe that's just the layer cake makeup and vaseline smeared soft focus lens photography.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#15]
So American Muslims don't have 2nd ammendment rights now?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Cry me a river...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

No. This lady took those rights away from them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:13:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Now all she is doing is acting like the very people she opposes. She is free to be ignorant and act like an ass clown, I hope it drives her business right into the ground. If it were me and I seen a sign that restricted someones religion, race or creed I personally would take my business elsewhere and encourage everyone I know to do the same. I'm not giving my hard earned money to an ignorant bigot. She would have made a good nazi.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

+1 to Subnet, and DK-Prof.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think she made it pretty clear why it is completely different.

Race and religion are included in the Civil Rights Act.

She made a decent argument why Islam is not a religion.

She did no such thing.

+1 to Subnet, and DK-Prof.

No. Don't agree with them at all.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This woman writes a fucking masterpiece and all of you leg humpers can only talk about her looks.
This woman stands up and fights for our 2nd amendment rights everyday and she is judged by whether or not her pics are airbrushed?
Fucking pathetic.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:18:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah. They do, but GDers just think they shouldn't. I see.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:20:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm going to say not hot. Pretty sure every picture I've seen of her has been airbrushed.
View Quote

Lot's of candid pics on her FB, I'd hit it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The second most devastating terrorist attack in our country's history was committed by a white Christian. White people also seem to make up 90% of the perpetrators of mass shootings in our country as well. It would seem white people are inherently predisposed to mass violence. We should ban white people from buying weapons as well, shouldn't we?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So a people who aren't opposed to cutting off non-believers heads are now opposed to making threats to people who refute their religion?

The second most devastating terrorist attack in our country's history was committed by a white Christian. White people also seem to make up 90% of the perpetrators of mass shootings in our country as well. It would seem white people are inherently predisposed to mass violence. We should ban white people from buying weapons as well, shouldn't we?

That's only because white people are a majority of the population.....

And who mentioned race, or banning muslims from owning weapons? No one.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think most GD'ers think that she should be able to do whatever the hell she wants with her business whether it's stupid or not. I don't necessarily think her policy is a smart one, but I completely support her right to run her business as she chooses. Unfortunately, we don't live in a free country anymore.  I'm sure the feds will find a way to shut her down within a few weeks, so the point will be moot.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:25:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Now all she is doing is acting like the very people she opposes. She is free to be ignorant and act like an ass clown, I hope it drives her business right into the ground. If it were me and I seen a sign that restricted someones religion, race or creed I personally would take my business elsewhere and encourage everyone I know to do the same. I'm not giving my hard earned money to an ignorant bigot. She would have made a good nazi.
View Quote

How is she restricting anyone's race or religion?

Seriously?

It's her business to run as she sees fit.

People like you are the reason we have so many stupid laws on the books.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:26:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I think this is all for show. I doubt she gets a plethora of Muslims shopping at her store.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I've never read such liberal drivel in my life. Is this a DU gun board?  

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Sounds like a big attention whore.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:31:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who's discussing politics in this thread?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:32:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

It definitely has its moments... GD seems to have bipolar disorder. One second, it's MYOFB, "their business, their rules"; then the next minute you'll see the FSA and nanny state rear their heads.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:33:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I think this is all for show. I doubt she gets a plethora of Muslims shopping at her store.
View Quote

According to the demographics of Hot Springs AR, there is no mosque nor is there any mention of 1 muslim in the town. Mostly baptist and Catholic.

No Arabs listed either. I doubt she has ever had one in her shop.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:36:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Some ACLU lawyer may sue.  

So why not put a dog at the entrance?  If someone comes into the store....see if they can pass the dog's smell and lick test.  If you don't like my dog or if my dog don't like you.....you should leave my store.

Aloha, Mark

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:38:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Perhaps, but she is right. Anyway you look at it, selling guns to muslims is essentialy selling guns to terrorists.

Major Hassan is a prime example.  He never planned on using his Beretta for personal defense or competition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps, but she is right. Anyway you look at it, selling guns to muslims is essentialy selling guns to terrorists.

Major Hassan is a prime example.  He never planned on using his Beretta for personal defense or competition.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:41:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That's what's so amusing. People using the exact same arguments as the people they seem to hate so much (liberals).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blaming all muslims for terrorism is like blaming all guns for mass shootings.

That's what's so amusing. People using the exact same arguments as the people they seem to hate so much (liberals).

Let me explain the difference for you.

1. All muslims revere and follow the Koran, which explicitly advocates terroristic violence.

2. For those muslims who don't ever commit terroristic acts, a whole lot more of them, probably most of them, are either quietly supportive of said terroristic acts, or will not condemn them.

How many law abiding gun owners would voice support for school shooters, or refuse to condemn their actions?

Sorry, there's no equivalence.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

1. All muslims revere and follow the Koran, which explicitly advocates terroristic violence.

2. For those muslims who don't ever commit terroristic acts, a whole lot more of them, probably most of them, are either quietly supportive of said terroristic acts, or will not condemn them.

How many law abiding gun owners would voice support for school shooters, or refuse to condemn their actions?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everybody who claims to be a Christian is a strong Christian.

Every strong Christian who reads the Bible, follows the violent bits in the Old Testament to a tee.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:53:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This woman writes a fucking masterpiece and all of you leg humpers can only talk about her looks.
This woman stands up and fights for our 2nd amendment rights everyday and she is judged by whether or not her pics are airbrushed?
Fucking pathetic.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:53:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Every strong Christian who reads the Bible, follows the violent bits in the Old Testament to a tee.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, that's a variation of the argument I just shot down.

The "peaceful Muslims" get blamed for terrorism because they are largely tolerant of it, either by vocally supporting it or not condemning it. They get lumped in with the others by their own choice.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No she didn't. She simply doesn't want them in her place of business.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:58:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where?

If you honestly believe that all of the 1.6 billion people in the world who claim to be Muslim, perpetrate terrorist acts, support terrorism, openly condone terrorism or secretly wish for terrorist attacks, then lol @ you.

Good luck with your paranoia goals of 2014.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:01:58 PM EDT
[#41]

They have the nerve to get pissed off at a shooting range but not at the ones cutting off a womans head.

Complete bullshit. They get what they ask for.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Seriously?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously?

She has the right, as long as her "range" is not a public accommodation open to the general public, but if it is she is in direct violation of the civil rights act and someone will be along shortly to bankrupt her. As free human beings we are free do do as we please, until our actions have a negative impact on others. I'm not a betting man but if this ever goes to court my money says things will not go very well for her, not in the very least bit.

Assclowns like her are what give gun owners a bad name, she is a small minority of the lunatic fringe that do not, and will never represent the majority of gun owners.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Has she been sued yet? Same thing as putting up a no blacks sign.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:08:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fucking pathetic.

Lol. Her looks are her best asset.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:09:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

She has the right, as long as her "range" is not a public accommodation open to the general public, but if it is she is in direct violation of the civil rights act and someone will be along shortly to bankrupt her. As free human beings we are free do do as we please, until our actions have a negative impact on others. I'm not a betting man but if this ever goes to court my money says things will not go very well for her, not in the very least bit.

Assclowns like her are what give gun owners a bad name, she is a small minority of the lunatic fringe that do not, and will never represent the majority of gun owners.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously?

How is this having a negative impact on anyone? Does it have a negative impact on people if I refuse to let them into my house?

The Civil Rights Act is bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:10:52 PM EDT
[#46]
I swear GD has the mentality that any club that would let them be a member they wouldn't join.

But if one wouldn't let them join then: YOUR VIOLATING MY RIGHTS, WHY AM I BEING ACCOSTED?, YUR TAKING MY FREEDOMZ
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

And just as crazy, if not more so.

This woman has...issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stifler's mom...with a gun.

And just as crazy, if not more so.

This woman has...issues.

What issues does she have?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Actually, her missive didn't say anything about hiring, firing, or promotions being affected by being Muslim - hence no violation of the CRA in an EEOC sense. In addition, her gun range is not a "hotel, motel, restaurant or other public accommodation engaged in interstate commerce" as per the actual Civil Rights Act. And, as she points out, as an FFL, she is REQUIRED to be selective in who she allows to be in her facility. This is no different than flight schools being "required" to report suspicious requests to obtain flight training (horse already left the barn on that one, but still).

Further, suppose she has a legitimate fear of what muslims might do to an attractive, successful female? Suppose she listened to that Lebanese Christian woman who gave that muslim student what for not long ago and agreed with what she said? All those posters who think this person is a nutcase and/or an attention whore better think again. I doubt seriously someone in her position hasn't already talked with legal counsel about her approach. She also has just as much a legitimate right of free speech as any of us here, even if we disagree with her premise or her actions.

I hope she boosts her business with her approach. It is time to put the radicals in their places and shame them out of our society. They have no place here. The actual peace-loving muslims who oppose the violent radicals need to step up and start cleaning up their own house BEFORE they get painted by the same brush. Hopefully this lady's stand will help them do that. If most/all businesses did that, there wouldn't be any radical muslims left in the US in fairly short order. They'd be told by their fellow muslims to STFU or GTFO.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:19:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Actually, her missive didn't say anything about hiring, firing, or promotions being affected by being Muslim - hence no violation of the CRA in an EEOC sense. In addition, her gun range is not a "hotel, motel, restaurant or other public accommodation engaged in interstate commerce" as per the actual Civil Rights Act. And, as she points out, as an FFL, she is REQUIRED to be selective in who she allows to be in her facility. This is no different than flight schools being "required" to report suspicious requests to obtain flight training (horse already left the barn on that one, but still).

Further, suppose she has a legitimate fear of what muslims might do to an attractive, successful female? Suppose she listened to that Lebanese Christian woman who gave that muslim student what for not long ago and agreed with what she said? All those posters who think this person is a nutcase and/or an attention whore better think again. I doubt seriously someone in her position hasn't already talked with legal counsel about her approach. She also has just as much a legitimate right of free speech as any of us here, even if we disagree with her premise or her actions.

I hope she boosts her business with her approach. It is time to put the radicals in their places and shame them out of our society. They have no place here. The actual peace-loving muslims who oppose the violent radicals need to step up and start cleaning up their own house BEFORE they get painted by the same brush. Hopefully this lady's stand will help them do that. If most/all businesses did that, there wouldn't be any radical muslims left in the US in fairly short order. They'd be told by their fellow muslims to STFU or GTFO.
View Quote

Very well said.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is attention whoring, of the highest order.  I recognize that and don't disagree with he position.  If it wasn't attention whoring she would have just posted a sign on the door.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top