Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:49:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:06:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Your pops will be in my prayers tonight! God bless and good luck.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:07:21 AM EDT
[#3]
prayers sent.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:22:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Is he in MO?  East side /west side?  Prayers tonight for you.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:24:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Well wishes headed your way buddy.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:36:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Prayers sent
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:20:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Prayers outbound and ongoing.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:27:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is he in MO?  East side /west side?  Prayers tonight for you.
View Quote

Waynesville. I'm told about 2 hours from SL.

Tanks, guys.

Trying to recall what we spoke about last, and what I was too busy at work to dong to really pay attention. He calls middle of day. I always take the calls but it's been busy. My bro should be there. I leave tomorrow. Three jobs to wrap up today I have to finish.

Tim
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:40:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I hope your dad pulls through.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:50:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#11]
So I spoke to him today. He knew who I was and my brother, and asked about my son, but sounded like a little kid. Wanted to go out to the desert and go shooting.

I am going to have to decide if he can have guns now. He is definitely not himself. And what about driving privileges?

He does not sound like he will ever be able to speak to an insurance rep or any level of business communication. They said he lost most hearing and all peripheral vision.

Thinking he needs to be here so I can fill in on the day to day where home health care leaves off. Guess we need to decide if it's home health care or assisted living depending on the next few days of interaction.

I fly out Friday.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:26:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So I spoke to him today. He knew who I was and my brother, and asked about my son, but sounded like a little kid. Wanted to go out to the desert and go shooting.

I am going to have to decide if he can have guns now. He is definitely not himself. And what about driving privileges?

He does not sound like he will ever be able to speak to an insurance rep or any level of business communication. They said he lost most hearing and all peripheral vision.

Thinking he needs to be here so I can fill in on the day to day where home health care leaves off. Guess we need to decide if it's home health care or assisted living depending on the next few days of interaction.

I fly out Friday.
View Quote

I've worked in an assisted living place before. It's not the choice I'd make for my parents if I could still care for them. That said, it's better than leaving him completely alone.
One option we used for grandma was adult daycare (probably a better name for it but that what it boiled down to). There's one down in Sandy that I know of but probably more all over UT. it wasn't one on one care but more of activities, meals, and social interaction. The ADRC should be able to help (http://www.utadrc.org) as well as the VA.

Hang in there, lost my grandpa last week. Such is life, I guess. He was a WWII veteran and a great guy but for him, it was time to go. I wish you the best and good luck with your dad.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I fly out Friday.
View Quote

Give him some time.  My grandmother had a bad stroke and never regained the use of her right arm and barely her right leg but she was able to drive eventually.  She could barely talk for the first few days but gradually got better with rehab.  That was about 25 years ago and she's still doing well all things considered.  Don't give up yet.  Prayers sent.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top