Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:05:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Some of you would do well to read "Monopolizing Knowledge" by Ian Hutchinson.  I realize he's probably not as intelligent as our vocal experts here, but you might learn something.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:06:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I see your point. Modernism equals modernity. riiiiiiigghhhhhhtttttttt...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The worst part about this thread is how many assholes who are on my ignore list are replying to it, and how I feel obligated to read their comments as it's my thread.

P.S. Capitalism was a product of modernity. So he's extra smart right out the gate.

It's pretty obvious he's talking the grand movement of modernity.

You know, the unstoppable march of whatever. LOL.

Or perhaps, like the author, you really don't know.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#3]

What's your point?

Anti-intellectualism exists, which is what this quote tree is about.

Talking about "appeals to authority" fallacies has nothing to do with this fact.

View All Quotes
What's your point?

Talking about "appeals to authority" fallacies has nothing to do with this fact.

So does false intellectualism. The point of the article.

Your point. Your criticism:
Rather, usually they have a predetermined conclusions which they are trying to validate.

My point.

You've just described the Climate Change science in your criticism. In the minds of the believers, it is not a yet to be proven hypothesis (even though all of the models have failed to prove the hypotheses to date) but an infallible conclusion. That will eventually be proved.

That's the gist of the article. His skepticism vs the Left's confidence in it's conclusions despite the absence of any proof to support it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:12:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The worst part about this thread is how many assholes who are on my ignore list are replying to it, and how I feel obligated to read their comments as it's my thread.

P.S. Capitalism was a product of modernity. So he's extra smart right out the gate.

Nice qualifying of your statement.

So now we are talking about Communism? The unstoppable march of history? You're deep dude.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

My point.

You've just described the Climate Change science in your criticism. In the minds of the believers, it is not a yet to be proven hypothesis (even though all of the models have failed to prove the hypotheses to date) but an infallible conclusion. That will eventually be proved.

That's the gist of the article. His skepticism vs the Left's confidence in it's conclusions despite the absence of any proof to support it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What's your point?

Rather, usually they have a predetermined conclusions which they are trying to validate.

My point.

Depends on what this skepticism is based on (which I'm sure will vary from topic to topic.)  If it is based on legitimate criticism then its fine.

If, as we see so often, the "skepticism" is based on lies, misinformation, ignorance of the facts, or a religious agenda (as we see with anti-evolution folks), it is not actually skepticism at all.  At least, not any more so than 9/11 truthers or moon truthers are "skeptics" about well documented occurrences.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
http://sultanknish.blogspot.com/2014/09/science-is-for-stupid-people.html?m=1

Science is a rigorous way of making fewer mistakes. It’s not very useful to people who already know everything. Science is for stupid people who know how much they don’t know.
View Quote

A lot of good food for thought in here. The author doesn't really expand on it, but this touches on the replacement of religious faith in God with religious faith in the nebulous concept of "science." One no longer asserts the appeal to authority of holy writ, one claims that "science" has "proven" whatever non-reproducible thing it is that you believe.
View Quote

I don't think it quite means what you think it means.

It's mainly aimed at NDT and his cadre of followers who make excuses for his mistakes.

It isn't an indictment of science as an activity for humans to pursue.  

At least, if it is meant to be some kind of indictment, it doesn't make much of a case.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's mainly aimed at NDT and his cadre of followers who make excuses for his mistakes.

At least, if it is meant to be some kind of indictment, it doesn't make much of a case.
View Quote

It's not an indictment of science, the process.  It's an indictment of science as pop culture (and some people who know better, like NDT) understand and/or use it.  It's become a power word, used to shut down conversation and end debate, typically by people whose last involvement in science was in middle school.  They speak of science as if it's a body of knowledge or a monolithic group of Very Intelligent People who should not be questioned.  That's what he was indicting IMO, and I agree with him.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:58:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It's not an indictment of science, the process.  It's an indictment of science as pop culture (and some people who know better, like NDT) understand and/or use it.  It's become a power word, used to shut down conversation and end debate, typically by people whose last involvement in science was in middle school.  They speak of science as if it's a body of knowledge or a monolithic group of Very Intelligent People who should not be questioned.  That's what he was indicting IMO, and I agree with him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So he's NOT trying to conflate people who actually know what they are talking about with these hypothetical people?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:07:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
At least science has a mechanism for undoing the charlatans and phonies - one that's been proven to work over the centuries. What does the kook-anti folks have?

View Quote

Dogma, denial, faith, and a cool hole in the sand to stick their heads while observation and data move the world forward.

Sorry, I'll take science every fucking time. Standing in its way has cost humanity centuries of misery and suffering...nothing comparable to some AGW dicks.

I think the article makes some valid points, despite a little meandering, the most compelling being that "Science" has devolved, and somewhat taken the place held by religion of old. Any number of philosophers have opined that men need religion, whether it is true or not. Science has offered little to replace it. That may not be science's job, but I think a large number of people have taken up the notion of "science' as some universal truth, and vast numbers of it's adherents do not even fully understand what science is and is not.
Fatalerror asked earlier, "How is this science's fault?" It's not, entirely. It's human nature to a large degree, but "science" as an institution has it's share of blame. The scientific establishment has not vigorously rejected the common notion that science is 'truth', when in point of fact it is a tool to prove what is NOT true. It has not objected when the public began to treat it as a religion or a philosophy. Rather, it has embraced the adoration of the masses, and the easy money and accolades of doing so, despite history being rife with examples of how the masses were often, if not usually, on the wrong side of science. Many notable examples exist of scientists being pilloried for daring to question the common wisdom, or the politically correct line of thinking. Galileo, Copernicus,Leeuwenhoek, and many others fought against the orthodoxy of their day. It is arrogance to assume that this cannot happen in our own time. As we see ourselves repeating bad history on so many other fronts, it behooves us to consider if science as an institution is becoming corrupt as so many other of our institutions are. IMO, it is.
Make no mistake, we are not superior to our ancestors. We have better technology, but we still think in the same ways, as a species. We block out ideas that bother us, or go against the grain of what we've been taught as 'truth'. We are inclined to side with those who agree with us, and become defensive when we are criticized or questioned. That's exactly why we need science at all, and what makes mixing it with politics so very damaging. And, yes, I realize that fully separating the two are impossible, but refusing to admit an effort needs to be made, even if it can't be fully successful, is simply succumbing to the sort of thinking that led us to blame demons for disease, and sin for bad weather. Proper science requires we bear in mind our own fallibility, and those defending "science" with ridicule and insult are not following that process.
Someone who believes in the utility of the scientific method ought be humble. He ought admit he could well be wrong, and ideally assist others trying to prove that he is. After all, if they are successful, everyone gains by eliminating something untrue from the myriad possibilities before us. And he ought tread very carefully when he finds the masses and politicians siding with him, for fear he has fallen victim to the very weaknesses of human nature science was created to counteract.
When you say you side with science, what are you siding with? The declarations from on high that seem all too prevalent of late? Or with the process, which requires skepticism and humility to do correctly? That's the rub, here, and the criticism the author of this piece makes.
Too many here are reacting to this line of reasoning as if it is blasphemy, and too few are giving it careful thought. Worse, not a single one of the naysayers has objected with the traditional dismissal of, "He is not even wrong. "

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:21:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

When you say you side with science, what are you siding with?

View Quote

I side with the process, the mechanism, the rigor. Not with people. The people will come and go, lie and cheat, expose and uncover, ultimately USE THE PROCESS to uncover the nonsense and move the data forward past the BS.

I don't ever confuse "science" with "scientists". People get shit wrong, no excuse to chuck the firearm in the lake because some people can't shoot straight.

Even in the days of the great discoveries, there were political and personal battles and sometimes the best science of the day lost...only to be validated years after the discoverer's death or the conclusions buried and unearthed.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:35:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I side with the process, the mechanism, the rigor. Not with people. The people will come and go, lie and cheat, expose and uncover, ultimately USE THE PROCESS to uncover reality on reality's terms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I side with the process, the mechanism, the rigor. Not with people. The people will come and go, lie and cheat, expose and uncover, ultimately USE THE PROCESS to uncover reality on reality's terms.

I don't ever confuse "science" with "scientists". People get shit wrong, no excuse to chuck the firearm in the lake because some people can't shoot straight.

I assumed as much, and I hope you don't feel I went off on you. Rereading, I worried it might seem that way, but I just used your post as a jumping off point for some comments that I felt needed saying.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:49:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I assumed as much, and I hope you don't feel I went off on you. Rereading, I worried it might seem that way, but I just used your post as a jumping off point for some comments that I felt needed saying.

NP, I got your meaning.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:52:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Science is bullshit ... for the bible tells me so.
View Quote
lol

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:00:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Why the stigma attached to an "appeal to authority". An appeal to Einstein seems appropriate if we're discussing relativity.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:01:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I had high regard for science until so many scientists from certain fields became little more than lapdogs for politicians.
View Quote

I am skeptical of any science that has a motive.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:05:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:23:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I read several rambling and incoherent paragraphs, not seeing a point, I gave up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This kind of thing just does wonders for the Republican party.

Did you actually read the article?
I read several rambling and incoherent paragraphs, not seeing a point, I gave up.

Quitter.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:37:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So now we are talking about Communism? The unstoppable march of history? You're deep dude.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Um, no. It's obvious you have no idea what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:01:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Lotta folks in here who A. didn't read the article B. have no grasp of what "science" actually is.
View Quote

I read it.  

As best I can tell, this guy read something about Tyson's anecdotal story, and short of anything of genuine meaning, just put a bunch of words and semi-complete thoughts into .html format.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:10:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Pointing out that people commit the appeal to authority fallacy by claiming scientific validity for non-scientific ideas is not anti-intellectualism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anti-intellectualism is one of our biggest downfalls.

Pointing out that people commit the appeal to authority fallacy by claiming scientific validity for non-scientific ideas is not anti-intellectualism.

I can't image high-order discussions that don't rely on some sort of perceived appeal to authority.

If I had to start off every conversation with F=ma, and work forward from there, I'd be blue in the face and dead before I could wish someone "Good morning".
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:17:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Phony intellectualism is much more dangerous and much worse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anti-intellectualism is one of our biggest downfalls.

Phony intellectualism is much more dangerous and much worse.

Two very good points.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:36:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:38:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:07:33 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

some linguistic clarification is in order.

modernism is an aesthetic movement.  modernity is a complex of philosophical commitments based on classical epistemology, the illusion of objectivity, progressive views of time and social conditions, atomic individualism, and control through technology.

the modern period began roughly with descartes, and started to erode around the time of nietzsche.  it was definitively exploded in the early 20th century, but continued to survive in popular imagination and practical science into roughly the 60s.  by that point, it was dead as fried chicken.  a few people still cling to it, without realizing that the logic underpinning it was shown to be flatly wrong.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:43:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That would be called pseudo-science or junk science.  To make the blanket statement that "science" is somehow useless is as stupid as the article.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For all the folks too butthurt to read the actual article, the point is not to impugn the actual scientific process: merely to point out that many folks who do not understand what that actually is have hijacked the term and use it to further whatever non-scientific idea they have.

That would be called pseudo-science or junk science.  To make the blanket statement that "science" is somehow useless is as stupid as the article.

Well, it's a good thing that no one but your strawman said that then.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:45:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Horseshit like this:

I'd say he just likes to hear himself talk, but alas, he typed it.

It's just more of the normal "Red Team, Blue Team" homerism that I've grown tired of, and another boring attempt by yet another blogger to beat the Tyson non-story like a dead horse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This kind of thing just does wonders for the Republican party.

I just shake my head, anymore.

Whaddaya gonna do, you know?

Did you read the article?

If so, what, specifically, did you disagree with?

Horseshit like this:

The dot com revolution with its databases and subtle tools for manipulating individuals on a collective basis led to a Facebook Socialism that crowdsources its culture wars and “nudges” everyone into better habits, lower body masses and conveniently available death panels.

The iSocialist, like his industrial predecessor, assumes that technology gives superintelligent leftists better tools for controlling everything. The planned economy failed in the twentieth because the tools of propaganda posters, quotas and gulags were too crude. This time he is certain that it will work.

I'd say he just likes to hear himself talk, but alas, he typed it.

It's just more of the normal "Red Team, Blue Team" homerism that I've grown tired of, and another boring attempt by yet another blogger to beat the Tyson non-story like a dead horse.

You're mad because he's criticizing socialists? If he threw in some digs about right wing so cons would you feel better?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:54:37 AM EDT
[#27]
It's amazing to me that an article, the entire point of which is to criticize those who distort and misuse the scientific process, should generate so much angst about how it's an attack on the scientific process. He specifically holds up the actual scientific method as something incredibly good and worth defending from those who would politicize it. Which means he hates science. Fucking GD man...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:24:19 AM EDT
[#28]
just skimmed the article--some very interesting points.  i really like how he uses the critique of modernity (which normally comes from the post-modern left) as a tool to examine the contradictions of the left.

a bit overstated, though.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:37:21 AM EDT
[#29]
I love GD. You guys never disappoint.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:45:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Um, no. It's obvious you have no idea what you are talking about.
View Quote

Whatevar.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Not to derail this thread, but holy cow that was funny! I had never heard of that movie before.

Here's another scene from the movie ...

ETA:
Screw it, I can't figure out the embed.  I give up.  Here's a link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdNbCvVSWSI
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:19:47 AM EDT
[#32]
The blogger makes some decent points, but rambles on far too long on political and partisan matters.  And he engages in some poor stereotypes and assumptions.

For instance, he wrote:  "Obama keeps talking about being 'on the right side of history' as if history, like a university history curriculum, has a right side and a wrong side."

What university history curriculum presents the past as some simple dichotomy of "right vs wrong"?  

Next, he wrote: "The easy way to tell real religion from fake religion is that real religion doesn’t make you feel good."

Where does this distinction between "real" and "fake" religion come from?  Religion is a man-made construct, so how can the author try to create some arbitrary distinction based upon feelings?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:29:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:07:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It's amazing to me that an article, the entire point of which is to criticize those who distort and misuse the scientific process, should generate so much angst about how it's an attack on the scientific process. He specifically holds up the actual scientific method assume thing incredibly good and worth defending from those who would politicize it. Which means he hates science. Fucking GD man...
View Quote

You're assuming that all these people read it.  I think some of them saw NDTs balls not being polished and stopped right there.  Some probably didn't get past the title before posting their assumptions.

It was not perfectly written, but it didn't say half the crap people are accusing it of saying.  Knees jerk hard around here.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

some linguistic clarification is in order.

modernism is an aesthetic movement.  modernity is a complex of philosophical commitments based on classical epistemology, the illusion of objectivity, progressive views of time and social conditions, atomic individualism, and control through technology.

the modern period began roughly with descartes, and started to erode around the time of nietzsche.  it was definitively exploded in the early 20th century, but continued to survive in popular imagination and practical science into roughly the 60s.  by that point, it was dead as fried chicken.  a few people still cling to it, without realizing that the logic underpinning it was shown to be flatly wrong.
View Quote

That's not really helping clarify anything.

What the author is trying to critique is very much late modernity (and especially its ideological underbelly) which in the 60s was at its apex.

If anyone wants to read a critique of the idea of modernity, maybe check out Bruno Latour's We Have Never Been Modern rather than reading (and reproducing) shitblogs written by nincompoops as unintentional self parody.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:38:41 AM EDT
[#36]

If he were living today, Richard Feynman's thoughts on this essay would be interesting.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:41:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Let's be honest, nowadays science is next to useless. The publish or perish mentality in academia has destroyed it.
View Quote

Clueless in Minnesota.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#38]
I want to clarify that I agree with those who say that the problem isn't with science, but with people.  In this particular topic, my problem is with scientists who sacrifice their integrity in order to acquire and maintain government grants.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Let's be honest, nowadays science is next to useless. The publish or perish mentality in academia has destroyed it.
View Quote

Studies have shown that the more published an author is, the chances are high that he/she has a larger set of published work.

When do I get my degree?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I want to clarify that I agree with those who say that the problem isn't with science, but with people.  In this particular topic, my problem is with scientists who sacrifice their integrity in order to acquire and maintain government grants.
View Quote
Or scientists who sacrifice their integrity in order to obtain funding from industry.

Basically no different than people in the corporate world who sacrifice their integrity to protect their company, or their shareholders, or to make money.

Doesn't mean we throw science out.  But that is often what anti-intellectuals often support doing. "Science has been corrupted".

They are really no different than people who want to do away with capitalism because some CEO partakes in some shady dealing.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I had high regard for science until so many scientists from certain fields became little more than lapdogs for politicians.
View Quote

The average person would only know about the scientists that are political mouthpieces.  Twisting scientific data to fit a particular cause, such as global warming, is beyond reprehensible and can end a scientists career.  Most of my professors would joke about the whole "green" thing and teach us why it doesn't really make sense.  If you want to rekindle your respect for science just try to read some physical or inorganic chemistry journals.  There's some really amazing stuff going on right now.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Off to ask al gore about climate change. That man know a lot about it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No...science is understanding what God made.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Science is bullshit ... for the bible tells me so.

No...science is understanding what God made.  

"science is understanding what God made"  what god made??
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Some of you would do well to read "Monopolizing Knowledge" by Ian Hutchinson.  I realize he's probably not as intelligent as our vocal experts here, but you might learn something.
View Quote

Thanks for mentioning Dr. Hutchinson.  I am slogging through "Monopolizing Knowledge" as we speak .  I did find this article helpful in fleshing out thoughts and themes in his book.

"Hutchinson starts out by re-affirming Heidegger’s verdict about the limits of scientific methodology:  the scientific approach to nature is empirical experimentation aiming for reproducible results. The two most important characteristics of this method are “reproducibility and clarity”. Hutchinson clearly understands that much of human knowledge is inaccessible by this method. He also asserts that science’s limited method also implies a limited understanding of nature."

http://www.humanismandculture.com/the-limited-vision-of-science-a-review-of-ian-hutchinsons-monopolizing-knowledge-pt-1/
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:40:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Thanks for mentioning Dr. Hutchinson.  I am slogging through "Monopolizing Knowledge" as we speak .  I did find this article helpful in fleshing out thoughts and themes in his book.

"Hutchinson starts out by re-affirming Heidegger’s verdict about the limits of scientific methodology:  the scientific approach to nature is empirical experimentation aiming for reproducible results. The two most important characteristics of this method are “reproducibility and clarity”. Hutchinson clearly understands that much of human knowledge is inaccessible by this method. He also asserts that science’s limited method also implies a limited understanding of nature."

http://www.humanismandculture.com/the-limited-vision-of-science-a-review-of-ian-hutchinsons-monopolizing-knowledge-pt-1/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be honest, you can get the gist of the book by listening to a few of his talks on youtube or wherever.  He speaks better than he writes, or maybe he had to have a certain number of pages to make it worth publishing or something.  I don't recall it being a particularly enjoyable read, but I mention him because he's completely impervious to the typical insults hurled at anyone who questions pop science.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#46]
That was pretty much a very bad explanation of Plato's cave.  The actual idea from Plato is that most people are like observers in a cave.  They don't see the true light shining behind them, but only the reflection and shadows it casts on the cave walls.  For Plato, it took a superhuman effort to be able to distinguish the truth from the shadows on the wall, especially since most people believed the shadows to be real.  The masses prefer the philosopher who explains the shadows to them.  The masses prefer the scientist who explains the shadows to them.  People who try to explain the true light are mocked and ridiculed because the masses are convinced that it is the shadows that are real.  Further, those who are "held to be wise" are those who believe in the shadows.  One who argues for the true light is generally reviled as a heretic or madman.  

tl;dr version.  Humans are a social primate who engage in groupthink on an epic scale.  Any genius who comes up with a revolutionary new idea will be reviled if the group doesn't like it, regardless of the merits of the idea.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What other method or source of knowledge do we have that overcomes the limitations of science and of the scientific method and that will give us a greater understanding of nature?

Tarot cards? Gypsies reading tea leaves and afro-semitic shamans throwing chicken gizzards the Kuran? the Dao? thinking outside the box? Chakra meditation? Mushroom trip? Liberal arts degree?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What other method or source of knowledge do we have that overcomes the limitations of science and of the scientific method and that will give us a greater understanding of nature?

Tarot cards? Gypsies reading tea leaves and afro-semitic shamans throwing chicken gizzards the Kuran? the Dao? thinking outside the box? Chakra meditation? Mushroom trip? Liberal arts degree?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps you should read the book.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Perhaps you should read the book.
View Quote

Not knowing anything else about the author or his ideas, I am definitely interested and will check out the youtube lectures.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Today's mainstream "Science" is permeated with philosophical presuppositions.
Everybody is biased. EVERYBODY
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top