Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2014 6:43:42 AM EDT
For the hours you were stuck in the car?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:45:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Of course. I wouldn't be in the damn elevator if I wasn't on the clock. yes, it happened to me, and yes, of course I got paid.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:47:47 AM EDT
[#2]
What if you hadn't clocked in yet, I.E; going to work in morning
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:48:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't get paid by the hour, but the answer is yes.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:48:20 AM EDT
[#4]
How did you get a car in the elevator?

Or is that why the elevator got stuck?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:48:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I would start yelling "AM I BEING DETAINED?!"  over and over again.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:49:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Hours?!?!?!?

I got a 15-20 minute window to get somebody loose. Then the fire department starts their magic...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:50:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Please tell me this is currently happening to you.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:52:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:03:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you had to drink your own pee yet?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:03:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes, but after reviewing the security camera tapes it should be taken out of your sick time.

COC prevents me posting the video.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:19:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I have been stuck in an elevator at work before and had to wait 45 minutes until the elevator company came in and took me out through the roof hatch as the doors were jammed up due to the heavy steel guide wire plate above the doors breaking loose and falling between the doors causing them to jam the car as it bowed the doors out as it left the first floor.

I am the only one here on 3rd shift trained to get people out of elevators too lol. Irony is ironic sometimes.

I just sat down and surfed on my phone until they got me out and security was able to pry the doors open just enough with a crowbar to toss me in a bottled water.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:22:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Why didn't you remove the access hatch and climb out?

No pay for you.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:24:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I have never been stuck in an elevator.  But, my answer is yes you should get paid.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:28:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Why didn't you remove the access hatch and climb out?

No pay for you.
View Quote

They keep them locked anymore as people were climbing out and then having the elevator take of and falling down the shaft. At least that is what the elevator company dude told me. But they are locked from the outside of the car roof where I work.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:00:38 AM EDT
[#15]
You think I wouldn't have been prepared? Two years I spent setting up that elevator job, two years I invested in it. You couldn't understand the kind of commitment that I have.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:20:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Take the stairs fatty

But yes, you should get paid for it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:22:47 AM EDT
[#17]
yes
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:23:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's a 13er.  He did that before he got on the elevator.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:55:04 AM EDT
[#19]
The elevator people were already working on a different elevator on the 3rd floor, and they had to take another down to the first to get to the CP. In doing this, THEIR elevator jammed on the 2nd floor. 2/3 operating elevators were jammed.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:59:20 AM EDT
[#20]
I got stuck in a elevator in France.  It was about the size of 2 phonebooths.  Luckily the elevator was glass in front and paralled the stairs.  Was still stuck for 2 hours.  It was a small hotel so the front rest guy bought me a few beers the 1 liter size.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:01:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Yes.  But it wouldn't matter, because I would be going to jail for murder after I freaked out because I was stuck in an elevator.  They'd finally get to us, and I would be covered in blood, with someone's intestines hanging out of my mouth.

Claustrophobic problems.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:11:25 AM EDT
[#22]
If your employer is enough of a shitbird because they try to weasel out of paying you on the basis that you were stuck in their elevator, start looking for a new job.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:12:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Blue collar job - no

White collar job - yes
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#24]
In order to adequately respond to your inquiry I first need to know:
1) Did you create joinder with anyone in the elevator?
2) Is the elevator on a treadmill?
3) Were you blind the entire time?

Did I forget anything?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:24:19 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I got stuck in a elevator in France.  It was about the size of 2 phonebooths.  Luckily the elevator was glass in front and paralled the stairs.  Was still stuck for 2 hours.  It was a small hotel so the front rest guy bought me a few beers the 1 liter size.
View Quote

Damn, I'd think that would make things worse.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:25:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
In order to adequately respond to your inquiry I first need to know:
1) Did you create joinder with anyone in the elevator?
2) Is the elevator on a treadmill?
3) Were you blind the entire time?

Did I forget anything?
View Quote

4) Do you see dead people?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#27]
There was no one else in the elevator, I proceeded to commence YouTube videos, and then try to pry the doors
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#28]
How much battery is left on your phone?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:37:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Who the fuck voted no?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must first establish a pee corner.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:39:07 AM EDT
[#31]
If I am the employer I would fire you for not getting out of the situation by yourself.  Do you even movies bro?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:44:16 AM EDT
[#32]
I was stuck once in an elevator with a co-worker that had delicious titties.

After watching her panic and delicious titties bouncing I pulled open the door and said to her, "I always wondered what would happen if I were stuck in an elevator with a beautiful woman". She looked at me confused and that was that.

True story.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:48:28 AM EDT
[#33]
It is no different than windshield time if you have to drive when your at work.  Both times you are stuck in a confined space until you either get to where you are going or you get out of the elevator.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:53:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Blue collar job - no

White collar job - yes
View Quote

Employer caused delay either way.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:57:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The elevator people were already working on a different elevator on the 3rd floor, and they had to take another down to the first to get to the CP. In doing this, THEIR elevator jammed on the 2nd floor. 2/3 operating elevators were jammed.
View Quote

you might consider taking the stairs.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#36]
I was stuck in an elevator once at work.  Once I called the main switchboard, they told me to turn the elevator on/off.  I did that, and it started down again.  The elevators were from the 1950's I think.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:02:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yes.  But it wouldn't matter, because I would be going to jail for murder after I freaked out because I was stuck in an elevator.  They'd finally get to us, and I would be covered in blood, with someone's intestines hanging out of my mouth.

Claustrophobic problems.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:17:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Hell, I get paid if it snows and they close the office.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:21:45 AM EDT
[#39]
I was caught in one for 20 mins and I was riding the elevator up to a higher floor where the bathrooms were cleaner and quite.  Apparently the motors on the elevator was undersized and would periodically overheat when used continuously without break.  I sure am glad no one was in with me because I was full of toxic gas.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:23:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Been stuck in one elevator...for about 2 hours.

I had employee get stuck in one for 3 because the building coordinator called the elevator service company...which did NOT relay the message to the service person or the fire department.  I waited around with him until they got him out.  He doesn't like elevators anymore.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:36:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
For the hours you were stuck in the car?
View Quote

Yes, if you are there for a work-related thing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#42]
I may give some of my employees comp time because of it, but they're not getting paid for that.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:43:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not quite sure drinking beer is a good idea if you're stuck in an elevator...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:00:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'm not quite sure drinking beer is a good idea if you're stuck in an elevator...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He bought me beer after I got out.  If I was stuck how could he get beer to me?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:02:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I would start yelling "AM I BEING DETAINED?!"  over and over again.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:08:44 PM EDT
[#46]
I'd go with "shoot the hostage."
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:18:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I was stuck in an elevator once at work.  Once I called the main switchboard, they told me to turn the elevator on/off.  I did that, and it started down again.  The elevators were from the 1950's I think.
View Quote

LOL. So you basically called tech support?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#48]
This happened to a coworker at Motorola.

It was a freight elevator, and I think he ended up peeing in the corner.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#49]
I get paid for my time at work if my laptop is broken and I'm waiting for some shrub to fix it while I'm not getting work done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top