Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:23:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Two long-shot teams that made it to the world series. Go Giants..Go Royals!! A good time for my family and friends Thanks Guys..
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:05:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was overseas that summer, following in the Stars and Stripes sport pages.  I remember telling someone someday that I was rooting for them even when they lost 90 games.  I'm sure I did that in 1989, but it is still true today.

If you can't use "June Swoon" properly in a sentence, you aren't a real Giants fan
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ha Ha, I was at the game where he got booed off the field. Giants fans didn't do mascots back then. And we sure a hell don't do the wave.

I was overseas that summer, following in the Stars and Stripes sport pages.  I remember telling someone someday that I was rooting for them even when they lost 90 games.  I'm sure I did that in 1989, but it is still true today.

If you can't use "June Swoon" properly in a sentence, you aren't a real Giants fan

That is a good idea you posted about using Crazy Crab for an avatar. He was the anti-mascot.

From the Rehab The Crab website:

"Broadcasters
Mike Krukow and Duane Kuiper, both players during the year of the Crazy
Crab, were asked if they ever had trouble with him.  Their response:
'No, we used to drill him with the rosin bag daily, so he was scared of
us"

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:30:00 PM EDT
[#3]
They don't take into account that Gordon put the brakes on a touch after halfway to third. He would've beat it. Either way would have been a cooler ending over a foul ball popout.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/100150646/statcast-dissecting-alex-gordons-odds-of-scoring-tying-run-in-ninth-inning-of-game-7
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:39:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll cash in 5k to say the boys had a great run.  I was just happy they were contending most of the year, never expected this.

Tying run at 3rd in game 7 of the World Series!  The suck has finally ended!
Page / 19
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top