Site Notices
Page / 187
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:50:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:53:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not trying to be a smart-ass, but can you explain this a little more?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<cut>

Not trying to be a smart-ass, but can you explain this a little more?

No, you are not being a smart-ass.  It's a serious question.

Politicians are going to be politicians - nothing will ever fix that.  But, what we need right now are chess players - people who aren't going to telegraph our strategy - if that strategy might tip the affected counties into self-defeating denial.  Unfortunately for us, we have a Narcissist in Chief instead of a Commander in Chief.  If the Republicans say one thing, he may do just the opposite to spite them, even if his actions (lack thereof) begin to run counter to CDC guidance.  But, we aren't there - yet.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

People who Japan who wear masks in public are doing so to be considerate - not out of paranoia.  It's the people who HAVE the flu or some other sickness who wear the masks, in order to avoid inflicting others.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw my first few surgical masks being worn by pedestrians in midtown Manhattan over the past few days. Definitely creepy.

Not thrilled about that guy taking public transit. But with flu season coming on I've been dousing my hands with sanitizer during my daily subway rides anyway.

No big...you should travel in Asia....

People who Japan who wear masks in public are doing so to be considerate - not out of paranoia.  It's the people who HAVE the flu or some other sickness who wear the masks, in order to avoid inflicting others.

Pretty much what  I've  heard  . When you have a society as densely populated as it is in Japan consideration for others  is of paramount importance. Too bad the most recent patient, the doctor in NYC, didn't take that into account.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

hmmmm.. who was running around here saying that was going to be a bigger issue than ebola? EV-68 in particular?

must be information control BS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ebola will continue to be a problem because of Obama and our wide open borders.
It is going to continue to pop up all over the country.
Other infectious diseases are popping up all over the country.
The most precious thing in our country is at risk because of Obama and his policies - our children.
http://www.examiner.com/article/cdc-admitted-disease-imported-as-states-data-reveals-illegal-immigrant-links

hmmmm.. who was running around here saying that was going to be a bigger issue than ebola? EV-68 in particular?

In case you hadn't noticed the financial expense of ebola has far outweighed what EV-68 has cost.
Nor has EV-68 cost thousands of lives recently nor a world wide travel ban for citizens of some nations.
Ebola is not yet swept under the rug as a minor problem.
If a government will not admit they are importing diseased immigrants all over the nation, WTF should I believe what is said about ebola because of political concerns?
We have 3 cases in health care workers reported and one brought in from West Africa.
With hundreds of West Africans arriving in the US every week, you expect me to believe that only one ebola infected West African is in this country?
And the family living with Duncan within a small apartment while he is puking and diarrhetic, are not infected?
They got the family out of that apartment ASAP when Duncan was confirmed, then deconned the apartment.
It's a miracle because it has to be far easier for that family to be infected than those two nurses that are.
If Duncan was puking in the apartment ( and outside) he was very infectious.
Yes, I damn sure believe in government spin doctors and information control BS.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:03:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

At the risk of pointing out the embarrassingly obvious, we've been telling you the Information in your link for weeks. Other, less media sensationalized, diseases are far more likely to getcha than the 'bola.

Stop sheepling out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The most precious thing in our country is at risk because of Obama and his policies - our children.
http://www.examiner.com/article/cdc-admitted-disease-imported-as-states-data-reveals-illegal-immigrant-links

At the risk of pointing out the embarrassingly obvious, we've been telling you the Information in your link for weeks. Other, less media sensationalized, diseases are far more likely to getcha than the 'bola.

Stop sheepling out.

Aren't you original? I see no posts from you pointing out the cause of those infectious diseases - a wide open border.
You either need to pull your head out and open your eyes or grow a pair and speak up!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:05:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Do you really believe that we can prevent that from happening?

At best, if we went all out, we could prevent some of the spread to uninfected areas, no way we can put a dent on infection for the areas already having rampant spread of Ebola.
This assumes that the respective governments fully cooperated with us, given the state of some of the countries 'government' that may just be wishful thinking. Don't even start on how the natives react to being 'helped'.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<cut>

It's an uncomfortable balancing act dictated by the consequences of doing otherwise.

At best, if we went all out, we could prevent some of the spread to uninfected areas, no way we can put a dent on infection for the areas already having rampant spread of Ebola.
This assumes that the respective governments fully cooperated with us, given the state of some of the countries 'government' that may just be wishful thinking. Don't even start on how the natives react to being 'helped'.

Yes, the West can stave off the worst outcome.  The targets set out by the WHO are achievable, but time is critical.  A few days ago they mentioned a 60 day window.  That is NOT hyperbole.

Spillover into the rest of Africa won't be contained to Africa.  Not when it's at those levels.  Fear of isolation will drive nations to not report, and denial is death.

And, yes, the part in blue is infuriating to the point where we'd be fully justified in taking our ball and going home, but we have to be better than that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:06:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:09:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's more because of culture than it is population density.  

It's specifically because Japanese culture is far more collectivist than the US (which is obviously a far more individualistic culture). People in a collectivist culture are much more concerned about others around them.  Combine that with the Japanese emphasis on politeness, and you get the phenomenon.  

Even if New York were twice as crowded as downtown Tokyo, you still would not see the same phenomenon.  Us giant white apes are just too self-centered!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw my first few surgical masks being worn by pedestrians in midtown Manhattan over the past few days. Definitely creepy.

Not thrilled about that guy taking public transit. But with flu season coming on I've been dousing my hands with sanitizer during my daily subway rides anyway.

Pretty much what  I've  heard  . When you have a society as densely populated as it is in Japan consideration for others  is of paramount importance. Too bad the most recent patient, the doctor in NYC, didn't take that into account.

It's more because of culture than it is population density.  

It's specifically because Japanese culture is far more collectivist than the US (which is obviously a far more individualistic culture). People in a collectivist culture are much more concerned about others around them.  Combine that with the Japanese emphasis on politeness, and you get the phenomenon.  

Even if New York were twice as crowded as downtown Tokyo, you still would not see the same phenomenon.  Us giant white apes are just too self-centered!  

then there is  that too. Us Gaijin, have no concept of what a polite society means.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

no argument there, but the majority of Dr's i work with tend to be a bit self absorbed and "above" the rest of us in their minds. it's not real surprising to me.
View Quote

Personally, it makes me value the ones who aren't pretentious douchebags all the more.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If this thing was just a bit more transmissive, we'd already be fucked.

My bar for how bad a disease has to be to qualify as a slate-wiper has been significantly lowered by this whole mess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He goes jogging, bowling, eats at a restaurant and interacts with people all over NYC.  They guy may be the typhoid Mary.

And he's riding on subways and other potential ebola patients are flying around, shopping, violating quarantine, going on cruise ships, etc. I'm starting to worry that if something really deadly and infectious ever comes along we're screwed!

My bar for how bad a disease has to be to qualify as a slate-wiper has been significantly lowered by this whole mess.

Buuuut.. The ebola nurse plane ride didn't seem to infect other people. That said, subways are very intimate, you're constantly touching everything (handles) that everyone else touches. One wipe of his nose, and ebola just got transferred to that handlebar for the next person to touch and then wipe their nose.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Buuuut.. The ebola nurse plane ride didn't seem to infect other people. That said, subways are very intimate, you're constantly touching everything (handles) that everyone else touches. One wipe of his nose, and ebola just got transferred to that handlebar for the next person to touch and then wipe their nose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He goes jogging, bowling, eats at a restaurant and interacts with people all over NYC.  They guy may be the typhoid Mary.

And he's riding on subways and other potential ebola patients are flying around, shopping, violating quarantine, going on cruise ships, etc. I'm starting to worry that if something really deadly and infectious ever comes along we're screwed!

It's just as cramped on a plane. I don't see the point in freaking out about some virus you may or may not catch. I mean, you're more likely to die in a car accident on any given day. I ain't skeeeered

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:26:21 AM EDT
[#13]
LIVE  Oversight hearing
The Ebola Crisis: Coordination of a Multi-Agency Response

October 24, 2014 | 9:30 a.m. in 2154 Rayburn House Office Building
Witness and Testimony Documents

The Honorable Nicole Lurie, M.D.
Assistant Secretary
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

The Honorable Michael Lumpkin
Assistant Secretary of Defense
U.S. Department of Defense

Major General James M. Lariviere
Deputy Director, Political-Military Affairs (Africa)
U.S. Department of Defense

The Honorable John Roth
Inspector General
U.S. Department of Homeland Security

Deborah Burger, RN
Co-President
National Nurses United

Mr. Rabih Torbay
Senior Vice President, International Operations
International Medical Corps
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:28:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:31:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yes, the West can stave off the worst outcome.  The targets set out by the WHO are achievable, but time is critical.  A few days ago they mentioned a 60 day window.  That is NOT hyperbole.

Spillover into the rest of Africa won't be contained to Africa.  Not when it's at those levels.  Fear of isolation will drive nations to not report, and denial is death.

And, yes, the part in blue is infuriating to the point where we'd be fully justified in taking our ball and going home, but we have to be better than that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<cut>

It's an uncomfortable balancing act dictated by the consequences of doing otherwise.

I agree with your assessment of the consequences of this pandemic in Africa and it's potential for spreading beyond Africa. I don't believe we can do anything in next 60-90 days that will materially impact the pandemic in the most infected countries. With enough armed troops AND consent of the governments we could contain much of the spread in the short term.
Of course that will not happen and is not something I would want to see implemented.

The best we can reasonably do is reduce the spread beyond the currently involved areas in Africa with emphasis on preventing it from getting out of Africa. As has been discussed in this thread, if Ebola gets a foot hold in India or central/south America this will become the stuff of horror movies.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:35:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

ebola IS aerosol transmittable. that has been known for years. the point is at THIS STAGE in the infection the viral load in saliva and lungs is not high enough to be an issue if even detectable at all.

if your there is a LOT more to infectious disease transmission than just a route of transmission.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes i can. it's called every study out there verifying it. viral load in the body at that stage is not high in saliva and ebola is not a repiratory disease.

Ebola Could Be Aerosol-Tramsmissible

ebola IS aerosol transmittable. that has been known for years. the point is at THIS STAGE in the infection the viral load in saliva and lungs is not high enough to be an issue if even detectable at all.

if your there is a LOT more to infectious disease transmission than just a route of transmission.

One potential lesson learned from this whole issue is probably going to be overlooked by most of the populace. We are seeing how people under surveillance behave in the setting of known contacts with the disease and a fairly well-defined window of concern. If reports are true, two of them were experiencing a mild prodromal symptom set in the previous couple days. They likely were a minimal public health risk at that point, but made some decisions to go out and about while mildly symptomatic and ostensibly in a state of heightened awareness.

IMHO, the concern over ebola shouldn't be "we're gonna die." It should be "this is a canary in the cage that just kicked over." We see this now in a high profile disease with relative late-stage infectivity. Imagine a disease with less public consciousness, less panic because it "only" kills half as many people, and transmission much earlier.

Yeah, I know, smallpox is eradicated. We're societally arrogant enough to assume something like that can't happen again.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:38:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:41:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:04:59 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
yes i can. it's called every study out there verifying it. viral load in the body at that stage is not high in saliva and ebola is not a repiratory disease.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A sneeze or a cough would get it done, but one would hope that he would cover his mouth, being a doctor, and all.  On the other hand, he did go out in public after treating a bunch of butt-bleaders.

no, a sneeze or cough would not have infected anyone at this stage.
You cannot make that assertion

unless you have examined him, taken a viral titre, run PCR studies on his sputum, etc there is no way you can make an absolute statement. You can postulate that it is highly unlikely for him to be infectious through cough or sneeze at that point, but making an assertion that it would be impossible is incredulous

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:09:52 AM EDT
[#22]
AP: National Institutes of Health: Dallas nurse now free of Ebola, will be released from hospital
JESSICA GRESKO, Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — The first nurse diagnosed with Ebola after treating an infected man at a Dallas hospital is free of the virus.

The National Institutes of Health says in a statement that Nina Pham is being released Friday from its hospital near Washington.

NIH spokesman John Burklow says Pham will make a brief statement during a news conference late this morning.

The 26-year-old Pham arrived last week at the NIH Clinical Center in Bethesda, Maryland. She had been flown there from Texas Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:17:42 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I came here just for this and I wasn't disappoint.

And it's still funny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mali just confirmed their first case. (Yes, tested positive)

http://i.imgur.com/DjqKLoi.gif

I came here just for this and I wasn't disappoint.

And it's still funny.
Beaker never gets old

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:31:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Police officers tasked with working the scene around the Manhattan apartment of Dr. Craig Spencer, diagnosed with Ebola yesterday, were caught on camera tossing the gloves and masks they used for their protection into public trash cans.

One video (above via the Daily Mail) shows two police officers discarding first the crime scene tape used to block off the potentially infected area, then removing their protective gloves and masks and tossing them into an open-top public waste bin.

The video does not show whether or not the officers had entered Spencer’s apartment. Earlier reports said that those who did enter were wearing hazmat suits, so it is likely that they did not. Regardless of their proximity to the patient’s apartment, the incident raises concern about the degree to which the city is prepared to handle the deadly virus and how closely safety protocol is being followed by those involved.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Very glad to hear about Pham.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#28]
I think I have Ebola. Should I go bowling, ride the subway, go for a jog or all three?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:03:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

in the US ev-68 has already killed and debillitaed a lot more people than ebola will.
View Quote

You are ducking the issue. You brought up information control BS. The government transported infected individuals (Latino kids sneaking across the border) across the country full well knowing they could be diseased. The Border Patrol was washing their clothes at work to keep from taking diseases home to their family!!!!
NO INFORMATION FROM THE GOVERNMENT ON THIS.
And you expect us to believe what they say about not worrying about ebola being brought in across our wide open borders?
WTF?????????
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I think I have Ebola. Should I go bowling, ride the subway, go for a jog or all three?
View Quote

Go kiss a Democrat.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:05:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
unless you have examined him, taken a viral titre, run PCR studies on his sputum, etc there is no way you can make an absolute statement. You can postulate that it is highly unlikely for him to be infectious through cough or sneeze at that point, but making an assertion that it would be impossible is incredulous

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A sneeze or a cough would get it done, but one would hope that he would cover his mouth, being a doctor, and all.  On the other hand, he did go out in public after treating a bunch of butt-bleaders.

That seems to escape most people here.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
in the US ev-68 has already killed and debillitaed a lot more people than ebola will.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In case you hadn't noticed the financial expense of ebola has far outweighed what EV-68 has cost.

Nor has EV-68 cost thousands of lives recently nor a world wide travel ban for citizens of some nations.

If a government will not admit they are importing diseased immigrants all over the nation, WTF should I believe what is said about ebola because of political concerns?

We have 3 cases in health care workers reported and one brought in from West Africa.

With hundreds of West Africans arriving in the US every week, you expect me to believe that only one ebola infected West African is in this country?

And the family living with Duncan within a small apartment while he is puking and diarrhetic, are not infected?

They got the family out of that apartment ASAP when Duncan was confirmed, then deconned the apartment.

It's a miracle because it has to be far easier for that family to be infected than those two nurses that are.

As a parent in an ev-68 reporting state, it has me more concerned than Ebola by a zillion.87 to 1.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:07:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:14:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1) EV-68 and the flu act by killing people who are already on deaths door and every once in a while you get a strange reaction which kills someone.

2) You don't know the epidemiology of the Ebola virus in the US.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:15:22 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Maybe you missed the part about him being symptomatic the day before and was out and about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He isn't.  He was taking his temperature twice a day, went to the hospital as soon as he had a fever.    

Maybe you missed the part about him being symptomatic the day before and was out and about.
I guess you missed the part about him taking his temperature twice a day.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:16:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

so does the reality of the situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The reality is the government has spent well over $60 Billion in spending for bio-defense.
The disjointed and clumsy response by locals and federals over Duncan bringing in ebola was a piss-poor performance for that money spent..
The doors are still wide open for other infectious disease carriers and the government has actually helped spread them all over the country.
That is the reality of the situation if you want to plainly speak the truth.
The government is failing in it's primary reason for existence - security of the nation.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He used public transit in our biggest city, I hope this doesn't turn out to be a deadly game of whack-e-bolee for the next few months.  He could be like Mrs. O'Leary's cow too - and kill a million people too.  I really don't like this one, and thought we were over the scare.

But I suppose he washed his hands often, so there's probably little to worry about.

He didn't do that Bowling Alley any favors though - they may end up permanently closing due to hysteria.

He also probably wasn't that contagious, specially if he didn't have any symptoms at all.  Yes, we should err on the cautious side but him spreading Ebola on the subway seems to be an unlikely event.    

Sounds like you have never been on mass transit in NYC during rush hour.

i have several times. at this stage <as reported> unless he cut himself and bled on someone the likely hood of him infecting someone is virtually nill. not impossible but very low.

Even if he was infectious and symptomatic, it was at the very early level of the disease cycle, the viral load wouldn't have been high enough for a sneeze or a cough to get it done.  Ebola is not a respiratory disease after all.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:20:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:20:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

ducking what issue. that ev-68 has killed more than ebola and made more kids critically ill? that is was brought across the border in the mass wave a few months ago? i said all of that from the start while you and a few others were going batshit nuts.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are ducking the issue. You brought up information control BS. The government transported infected individuals (Latino kids sneaking across the border) across the country full well knowing they could be diseased. The Border Patrol was washing their clothes at work to keep from taking diseases home to their family!!!!
NO INFORMATION FROM THE GOVERNMENT ON THIS.
And you expect us to believe what they say about not worrying about ebola being brought in across our wide open borders?
WTF?????????

ducking what issue. that ev-68 has killed more than ebola and made more kids critically ill? that is was brought across the border in the mass wave a few months ago? i said all of that from the start while you and a few others were going batshit nuts.

If you'll check, I've been posting about infectious diseases coming across the border for over a year. All I've got is ridicule and called Chicken Little.
If you think I"m going batshit nuts, you have no idea of what that really is.
You can dampen people's anger and anxiety all you want but the damn problem is growing and going to bite all all in the ass.
I'm not talking a little bit, but huge bloody chunks if we don't get the government to do what it should have been doing all along.
ETA Ebola has not gotten a foot hold in North or Central American yet, but there is a damn good chance it will.
That or some other highly infectious, deadly disease.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:21:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Obviously Americans have better immune systems cuz everyone is recovering.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And they do nothing.

They are for show.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:26:18 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Obviously Americans have better immune systems cuz everyone is recovering.
View Quote
Our obesity has to be good for something.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

and no one other than those having been to the area or in direct patient care of a late term patient in the US have ebola.

obviously that money was wasted and nothing has been done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The reality is the government has spent well over $60 Billion in spending for bio-defense.
The disjointed and clumsy response by locals and federals over Duncan bringing in ebola was a piss-poor performance for that money spent..
The doors are still wide open for other infectious disease carriers and the government has actually helped spread them all over the country.
That is the reality of the situation if you want to plainly speak the truth.
The government is failing in it's primary reason for existence - security of the nation.

and no one other than those having been to the area or in direct patient care of a late term patient in the US have ebola.

obviously that money was wasted and nothing has been done.

Again, too many health care professionals I have talked to are incredulous that those living with Duncan were not infected.
If they can't catch it living in close proximity to him with his puking and diarrhea, they are having a hard time believing the health care professionals can, even with him having an increased viral load in his body.
As far as return for the money spent, hell yes most of it was wasted.
The doors are still wide open and the "response" is going to be a fucking joke led by a political appointee that doesn't know shit from shoe polish.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:32:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Which horseman of the apocalypse are we on now?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:42:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

ok you got me. i will say it is 99.9% unlikely.  better
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ok you got me. i will say it is 99.9% unlikely.  better

Interesting...

Assessment of the Risk of Ebola Virus Transmission from Bodily Fluids and Fomites

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Anyone watch DeBlasio's calming speech just now?

Govt tells you not to panic and it feels like we should panic more.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Again, too many health care professionals I have talked to are incredulous that those living with Duncan were not infected.
If they can't catch it living in close proximity to him with his puking and diarrhea, they are having a hard time believing the health care professionals can, even with him having an increased viral load in his body.
View Quote

Ok, so what are you trying to say here?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm reminded of something Rudyard Kipling once said for some reason.
Page / 187
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top