Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:25:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:28:12 PM EDT
[#5]
If there is a court ordered quarantine on a party of 1 or more, with guards/sentries, if  a party were resistant and defiant, despite logic to not obey the quarantine, do officers use deadly force, tranquilize or other less than lethal?Are officers willing to use deadly force to enforce a quarantine? If they fire, especially if they are close as in an attempt to stop with less than lethal or direct contact first as would be expected of any reasonable person, the blood everywhere is a potential biohazard.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

wouldn't have stopped the dr in NY
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can we have a travel ban now?  Not that this is going to start a pandemic, but it's unnecessarily disruptive to the local areas that have to deal with these cases.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

DWB would of course be granted special dispensation for travel, as a group of people experienced in the area.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

glad you finally saw the light.

nothing will come of dr dumbass either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you use uber cabs?

What is wrong with these people that have been to Africa and know they could be putting others at risk.  Fucking idiots!!!!  

They just don't get it.

If I am exposed to ebola (and not symptomatic), I'm going to sit back and spend the next 21 days drinking bourbon and catching up on books I've been meaning to read. I sure as hell won't be interacting with other people.

You clearly haven't been picking up what Baghdad Bob is putting down. Ebola is bullshit! We have sewers here and we don't drink out of them! Nobody needs to worry about Ebola! Bellevue hospital in NYC has this fully under control with western ninja medicine technology!  Best care there ever, way better than western ninja doctors going to Africa, where the backwards flushing toilet effect foils their powers.

Wait, why is he a dumbass then?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

if you feel compelled to keep posting like this because you have asd and it is getting worse, I hear that they have ways to help this now

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[div style='font-family: tahoma,arial; font-size: 8pt;']DAY 33 SINCE FLYING -- No one on the plane was infected.

DAY 29 SINCE SHOWING SYMPTOMS -- No one was infected while he was asymptomatic.

DAY 27 SINCE FIRST HOSPITAL VISIT -- No one in the ER was infected.

DAY 25 SINCE TRANSPORT IN AMBERLAMPS -- No family members were infected (which is amazing).

DAY 15 SINCE DEATH --
2 cases reported in hospital.

if you feel compelled to keep posting like this because you have asd and it is getting worse, I hear that they have ways to help this now

Sorry, but it serves a good purpose.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:31:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I dont see an election in two weeks.

Canceled to Ebola and ISIS
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can we have a travel ban now?  Not that this is going to start a pandemic, but it's unnecessarily disruptive to the local areas that have to deal with these cases.

Should have to quarantine or test negative before being allowed to come back from the hot zone....especially when you've been elbows deep in the shit.

Do they have tests that can detect ebola between the time of being infected and presenting symptomatic?   I thought I read that Dallas Presbyterian had some machine that can do the tests but it wasn't  certified for use or some crap.

Its clear that nobody is being responsible with their in-state self quarantine...
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:34:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Yup, and now we have a new case in one of America's largest and most densely populated cities and your only response is, "I'm not surprised"

So what is your prediction for this?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

[div style='font-family: tahoma,arial; font-size: 8pt;']DAY 33 SINCE FLYING -- No one on the plane was infected.

DAY 29 SINCE SHOWING SYMPTOMS -- No one was infected while he was asymptomatic.

DAY 27 SINCE FIRST HOSPITAL VISIT -- No one in the ER was infected.

DAY 25 SINCE TRANSPORT IN AMBERLAMPS -- No family members were infected (which is amazing).

DAY 15 SINCE DEATH --
2 cases reported in hospital.

I started posting this to see which Prophecies of Doom about Mr. Duncan's American Adventure, if any, would come true.  Back about a month ago, many were predicting dozens of new cases popping up in the US.

Those of us who said there would only be a few cases at most, and only in persons directly exposed, were ridiculed as Pollyannas.

Yup, and now we have a new case in one of America's largest and most densely populated cities and your only response is, "I'm not surprised"

So what is your prediction for this?

My "not surprised" comment was regarding the case in Mali, not New York.  Since Mali is right next to Guinea and has about the same level of governmental efficiency, that has been expected by most people, including the WHO.

For this latest "outbreak" in the US, I don't see there being more than 2-3 cases arising from this, with 0 being the most likely number.

How about you?  Care to predict how many cases are going to arise from this one case?

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:34:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mali just confirmed their first case. (Yes, tested positive)

http://i.imgur.com/DjqKLoi.gif

I came here just for this and I wasn't disappoint.

And it's still funny.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

for the same reason you think he is. IF and BIG IF there are any secondary infections they will be under close watch. most likely it will be a HCW having treated him, in which case other than sucking for them it won't amount to anything as a general public risk. just like duncan, phan and vinson.

but feel free to continue your panic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait, why is he a dumbass then?

for the same reason you think he is. IF and BIG IF there are any secondary infections they will be under close watch. most likely it will be a HCW having treated him, in which case other than sucking for them it won't amount to anything as a general public risk. just like duncan, phan and vinson.

but feel free to continue your panic

I was going to keep going but, I'm just too amused with your quote tree trimming genocide. LOL.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:46:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I might win the pool.

2 weeks ago I predicted 5 cases in the US including Duncan by the end of October.

Duncan
Nurse 1
Nurse 2
DWB NYer

One more in the next 8 days and I win!

ETA
Since the GF who he must have banged after being gone for so long is in quarantine, I am willing to double down.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

If there is a court ordered quarantine on a party of 1 or more, with guards/sentries, if  a party were resistant and defiant, despite logic to not obey the quarantine, do officers use deadly force, tranquilize or other less than lethal?Are officers willing to use deadly force to enforce a quarantine? If they fire, especially if they are close as in an attempt to stop with less than lethal or direct contact first as would be expected of any reasonable person, the blood everywhere is a potential biohazard.
View Quote
We locked a guy up in our county jail with drug-resistant tuberculosis.  He was in the medical ward in his own little cell.  It's not like they put a guard outside your house and you continue to live there, they throw you in jail.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:48:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:49:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I might win the pool.

2 weeks ago I predicted 5 cases in the US including Duncan by the end of October.

Duncan

Nurse 1

Nurse 2

DWB NYer

View Quote

IIRC that was cases directly tied to Duncan, not overall cases.  But hey, if we're counting all of them regardless of where they came from then I already won:  I predicted 3 or 4.  

Of course, they were all supposed to be Duncan's family members....

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We locked a guy up in our county jail with drug-resistant tuberculosis.  He was in the medical ward in his own little cell.  It's not like they put a guard outside your house and you continue to live there, they throw you in jail.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on the case. Not all quarantines involve jail.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:51:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

IIRC that was cases directly tied to Duncan, not overall cases.  But hey, if we're counting all of them regardless of where they came from then I already won:  I predicted 3 or 4.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I might win the pool.

Duncan
Nurse 1
Nurse 2
DWB NYer

Nope. Somebody posted that I meant duncan cases and I came back and said no, total wild cases including new inbounds,
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:52:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

II

No idea? Hopefully zero but this isn't exactly betting on the ponies.

For all we know this guy went to the swingers club last night and busted a nut on a dozen different people. I sure as fuck won't depend on my government or some guy on the internet telling me what the Vagas line on the Ebola outbreak in NYC is this week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

II
Quoted:

snip

My "not surprised" comment was regarding the case in Mali, not New York.  Since Mali is right next to Guinea and has about the same level of governmental efficiency, that has been expected by most people, including the WHO.

For this latest "outbreak" in the US, I don't see there being more than 2-3 cases arising from this, with 0 being the most likely number.

How about you?  Care to predict how many cases are going to arise from this one case?

No idea? Hopefully zero but this isn't exactly betting on the ponies.

For all we know this guy went to the swingers club last night and busted a nut on a dozen different people. I sure as fuck won't depend on my government or some guy on the internet telling me what the Vagas line on the Ebola outbreak in NYC is this week.

Okay, start tracking the days since this guy arrived in the US and let's see what happens.

Ebola isn't as contagious as everyone thinks it is but I'm willing to keep an open mind and admit anything is possible.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Excellent point. I have two sons under 12 and a boxer dog. Together, their daily contribution to dirty laundry alone is probably a couple barrels' worth.

We won't even discuss the number of guitars and amps I have littering the house, but there's another barrel or two. SWMBO's shoes = a barrel, etc.

View Quote

How the hell did you luck out with a wife and only ONE barrel of shoes?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

aimless might be number 5.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I might win the pool.

Duncan
Nurse 1
Nurse 2
DWB NYer

Can penguins get ebola?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#28]
NYC missing persons is now in the process of tracking the doctor's travels.  They are looking at his subway pass, credit card receipts, cell phone tracking and other methods.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I might win the pool.

Duncan
Nurse 1
Nurse 2
DWB NYer

Oh, yeah. I forgot it was a zoonosis.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:59:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
NYC missing persons is now in the process of tracking the doctor's travels.  They are looking at his subway pass, credit card receipts, cell phone tracking and other methods.

View Quote

Time to show off the power of big brother
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm just tired of these fuckers being let into the US unrestricted.  I don't care if you are visiting family in W Africa or a Dr. treating ebola there.

ANYONE coming from that area should be refused entry or quarantined for an appropriate period of time.

ETA:  And if he infected anyone in the process, he needs to be executed.  A Dr. knows better.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#32]
This may have been covered already, but I am not about to wade through more than 170 pages to find it.

My wife asked me a question today that I have wondered about.

According to what I've read, there is roughly a 90% death rate to being affected by Ebola.  My question is this....

In that 10% that survives, has the virus left the victims in a debilitated state?  What about permanent damage associated with surviving the disease?

I appreciate the information.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:03:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

NY will be fine. They're not allowed to pop PMAGs.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:04:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:04:40 PM EDT
[#36]
I just put the covers back on all my Pmags.  I can't catch a break.  At least I didn't catch Ebola, but still...
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:04:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

DWB would of course be granted special dispensation for travel, as a group of people experienced in the area.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will be ironic if he ends up giving it to his girlfriend.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:05:14 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

This may have been covered already, but I am not about to wade through more than 170 pages to find it.

According to what I've read, there is roughly a 90% death rate to being affected by Ebola.  My question is this....

In that 10% that survives, has the virus left the victims in a debilitated state?  What about permanent damage associated with surviving the disease?

View Quote

1.  The death rate for this outbreak is officially just over 50%, with some estimates at over 70%.

2.  Many people survive without any problems whatsoever.  Some have severe organ damage, some just have chronic fatigue.  Depends on the person, their physical condition, how severe the illness was, how long it lasted, etc.

3.  It appears most of the people treated for Ebola here are back to their normal activities.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:05:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Excellent point. I have two sons under 12 and a boxer dog. Together, their daily contribution to dirty laundry alone is probably a couple barrels' worth.

We won't even discuss the number of guitars and amps I have littering the house, but there's another barrel or two. SWMBO's shoes = a barrel, etc.

Correction. One barrel of shoes in active rotation. The remainder are in storage or in the perpetual "to be sorted and donated to charity" garage box.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Can we have a travel ban now? Not that this is going to start a pandemic, but it's unnecessarily disruptive to the local areas that have to deal with these cases.

Maybe some 7 round pmags will come out for their neutered rifles.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

According to what I've read, there is roughly a 90% death rate to being affected by Ebola. My question is this....

In that 10% that survives, has the virus left the victims in a debilitated state? What about permanent damage associated with surviving the disease?

View Quote

I don't remember the details, but there is permanent damage.  I want to say organ damage and sometimes blindness.  Maybe someone with better memory will come along and clarify for you.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

not sure but has has suffered from anal bleeding
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I might win the pool.

Duncan
Nurse 1
Nurse 2
DWB NYer

Can penguins get ebola?

not sure but has has suffered from anal bleeding

Is TRG under quarantine, too?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you get a bunch of blood clots you could have organ damage.  Your nuts could swell up to the size of  apples and fall off. You can have autoimmune issues and get arthritis.  

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Also transmissible F to M, but not as dramatic as having a bag full of killer sperm.

That's why I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that Nina Pham's boyfriend, Amber Vinson's fiancé, and/or Dr. Bowling ball's SO eventually pop hot.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:26:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Patient at New York City hospital tests positive for Ebola

Link

A doctor who treated Ebola patients in West Africa has tested positive for the virus in New York City, according to officials.

A law enforcement official and a city official confirmed to the Associated Press that preliminary tests have confirmed the first case in the city.

The New York Times was the first to report Dr. Craig Spencer had tested positive for the virus after he was rushed to Bellevue Hospital in New York Thursday.

The CDC will conduct another test to confirm the official diagnosis.

Spencer, a 33-year-old emergency room doctor, was working with Doctors Without Borders and returned from Guinea more than a week ago. Officials were contacted after he reported a fever and gastrointestinal symptoms, according to a statement from the commissioner of the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.

City officials say Spencer acknowledged riding the subway and taking a cab to a Brooklyn bowling alley in the past week before he started showing symptoms.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:36:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Can penguins get ebola?
View Quote

Never stand behind an Ebola-infected penguin.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:45:23 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll221/ferreed/penguin_1487813c.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Can penguins get ebola?

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll221/ferreed/penguin_1487813c.jpg

8mm  high-pressure ramjet.... no wonder they waddle...
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:46:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Patient at New York City hospital tests positive for Ebola

Link

A doctor who treated Ebola patients in West Africa has tested positive for the virus in New York City, according to officials.

A law enforcement official and a city official confirmed to the Associated Press that preliminary tests have confirmed the first case in the city.

The New York Times was the first to report Dr. Craig Spencer had tested positive for the virus after he was rushed to Bellevue Hospital in New York Thursday.

The CDC will conduct another test to confirm the official diagnosis.

Spencer, a 33-year-old emergency room doctor, was working with Doctors Without Borders and returned from Guinea more than a week ago. Officials were contacted after he reported a fever and gastrointestinal symptoms, according to a statement from the commissioner of the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.

City officials say Spencer acknowledged riding the subway and taking a cab to a Brooklyn bowling alley in the past week before he started showing symptoms.
View Quote

There are reports that he was on the subway hours before being tested.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#49]
He used public transit in our biggest city, I hope this doesn't turn out to be a deadly game of whack-e-bolee for the next few months.  He could be like Mrs. O'Leary's cow too - and kill a million people too.  I really don't like this one, and thought we were over the scare.

But I suppose he washed his hands often, so there's probably little to worry about.

He didn't do that Bowling Alley any favors though - they may end up permanently closing due to hysteria.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:52:38 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/doctor-treated-ebola-patients-rushed-bellevue-fever-article-1.1984941

Still not worried about an actual outbreak here, but you've got to wonder what this guy was thinking.
View Quote

it's supposedly been 10 days since his possible exposure...  Yeah that's within the 21 days of recommended precaution... but most other people have presented symptoms much sooner.

I don't really blame him for thinking there was nothing wrong with him when it had been that long since exposure.  Do we have results from his tests yet?  I think it's highly probably he's picked up something else while out and about and it won't be Ebola...  But I'm not ruling out Ebola either.  I just want to hear the results of the test.

ETA: I see test results.

Wow that had a long incubation period in him.  interesting that symptoms onset suddenly and not gradually.  

Page / 187
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top