Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 187
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:18:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This guy arrived in the US on September 20, he wasn't contagious during the flight.  He didn't show symptoms until Sept 24, and went to the hospital on the 26th.  They sent him home and then re-admitted him on the 28th.  
View Quote

I will remain skeptical of that assertion.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:19:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This guy arrived in the US on September 20, he wasn't contagious during the flight.  He didn't show symptoms until Sept 24, and went to the hospital on the 26th.  They sent him home and then re-admitted him on the 28th.  

Why?  People who have Ebola aren't infectious until symptoms appear.  It's a documented fact.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:21:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Probably is not reassuring nor it is proven yet.   What nationality is the guy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This guy was on an airliner to get back to the states.  How many planes was he on and how many people have since been on those planes?
He probably was on the airliner when he didn't have any symptoms and thus wasn't infectious.    

Probably is not reassuring nor it is proven yet.   What nationality is the guy?

"Probably" is good enough when you're in with the in crowd, and it's other people's lives you're putting at risk.

Now put on that mask, citizen!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:25:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Interesting fact. For those who recover, ebola stays in semen up to 3 weeks after they are cleared. They are told not to have sex or use condoms up to 3 weeks after they heal.

View Quote

You guys know people aren't going to listen worth a shit, right?

People are stupid. Especially about unprotected sex. Unwanted pregnancies and new cases of sexually transmitted HIV are all the proof you need that people won't use condoms...

Sounds like it could be persistent with a lot of reinfection.

What about females? Can they be vectors for post-infection sexually transmitted Ebola?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:28:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why?  People who have Ebola aren't infectious until symptoms appear.  It's a documented fact.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

These things have a funny way of changing.  Pre-symptomatic infected aren't a problem... until they are a problem.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:29:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Nevermind.   Did not read enough.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:34:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No they're not. Unless he was swapping spit or porking them . Read it right here, it's damn near impossible to get .

Spit from a sneeze is totally safe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If he contracted it here in the US, that's one thing.  If he picked up in Liberia...meh.

If he was infectious/symptomatic (the fever, headache, etc. not the bleeding from eyes) on the plane, in the airport, in a taxi, at the store getting OTC meds for his mild symptoms, at a restaurant, at a grocery store, with his family then someone else could potentially be infected.

You and I both know he most likely did not go to the hospital until he was very ill, meaning he likely was spreading it around before hand.

not possible
arfcom information control says sick people go the hospital right away because we have modern heathcare system
and nobody could have contracted it with out sucking the blood directly from his ass like a human centipede

The American relatives he was staying with are fucked.

No they're not. Unless he was swapping spit or porking them . Read it right here, it's damn near impossible to get .

Spit from a sneeze is totally safe.

I'm raising the BS flag., You telling me saliva is ok but sweat isn't?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:34:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You went from "probably" to "documented fact" pretty readily.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:38:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who did?  Me?  Do you have information that contradicts that people with Ebola are infectious before the acute stage?  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:39:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That stewardess that picked up his drink cup by the rim...  she stuck her thumb in the cups of 20% of the other passengers on that flight.  Then she spent the last week sticking her freshly-picked cuticles into hundreds of other drinks between occupying various hotels and pilot/FA flophouses.
View Quote

That's the stuff people don't realize.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:41:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The next week or so will be very telling. We'll get to see who all, if anyone else, gets infected (if they go to the hospital). What about the person who doesn't believe in docs or vaccines and they get it? How many people does it take to catch this before people are afraid to leave their houses?
View Quote

I'm betting if you a see an outbreak in more than 2-3 major cities then everything grinds to a halt and shuts down while people wait it out in their house.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:41:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That stewardess that picked up his drink cup by the rim...  she stuck her thumb in the cups of 20% of the other passengers on that flight.  Then she spent the last week sticking her freshly-picked cuticles into hundreds of other drinks between occupying various hotels and pilot/FA flophouses.

And since the guy wasn't contagious, nothing will happen because of it.

Meanwhile, running the same scenario with a guy that has drug-resistant tuberculosis would be a whole different ball game, but for some reason we don't try to scare each other on ARFCOM with TB.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:44:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Fever is rare this time of year, well except for the EV68 epidemic going on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was just in Dallas

I have a fever too.

I flew to Dallas on the 22nd.  

Meh

Fever is rare this time of year, well except for the EV68 epidemic going on.

I have a 1 1/2 year old, I am about to pull him from the baby sitter because I want to lessen his chance of contracting modern day polio.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:44:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So you wouldn't tell Fox News about a zombie outbreak? We're screwed
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wouldn't surprise me at all if this was just the first case of Ebola that the media found out about.

This is the exact conversation mrs and I had today.  Somebody slipped up.

I'm also waiting for the tragic car accident of the talking head from today's conference

The emergency management community is a tight knit group here in DFW. This was NOT the first suspected case in Dallas like the media reported. In all cases, no media. They had no clue. Every hospital wants to avoid the media circus.

So you wouldn't tell Fox News about a zombie outbreak? We're screwed

Fuck no. People "in the know" will want time to get their own families and friends well situated and safe before panic sets in. If there is a real threat to the public, the announcement won't come until it is impossible to hide anymore.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:46:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Anybody else here worked in ICU a lot?  

They are using doubled standard isolation gowns, masks and surgical foot covers, NOT BSL suits.

Anyone who has worked isolation knows that those are half measures at best for something like Ebola.

They should be using Biosafety Level 4.

I predict more healthcare workers will be infected.

ETA With Baghdad about to fall, Putin invading Ukraine, illegal hordes flowing across our southern borders unchecked and now Ebola on our shores, I am starting to get an uneasy feeling.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:47:54 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

They are using doubled standard isolation gowns, masks and surgical foot covers, NOT BSL suits.

Anyone who has worked isolation knows that those are half measures at best for something like Ebola.

View Quote
Wouldn't those suits be more appropriate for an airborne transmitted virus?

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:49:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I live in Dallas and work in hospital emergency management (including infectious diseases e.g. Ebola). My work load just grew exponentially.
View Quote

So our lives are in your hands now?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:49:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your right.   I bet the guys working with the virus in CDC labs just wear tshirts and safety glasses.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:50:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Your right.   I bet the guys working with the virus in CDC labs just wear tshirts and safety glasses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, because there is only two levels, a fully enclosed suit with an air supply, and tshirts and safety glasses.  Brillant.  

I suspect treating hundreds of patients in a hospital setting while in a BSL suit would be awkward, cumbersome and not very effective and is a much different environment than studying a virus in a quiet, isolated lab.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:53:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Friday, Sept. 19: Boards flight from Liberia.
Saturday, Sept. 20: Arrives in Dallas and visits family.
Sunday, Sept. 21:
Monday, Sept. 22:
Tuesday, Sept. 23:
Wednesday, Sept. 24: Develops symptoms.
Thursday, Sept. 25:
Friday, Sept. 26: Seeks care, but is sent home.
Saturday, Sept. 27:
Sunday, Sept. 28: Placed in isolation at Dallas hospital.
Monday, Sept. 29:
Tuesday, Sept. 30: Lab confirms patient has Ebola.

Around 4-5 days of being infectious in Dallas...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:53:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

BS.  BS.  BS

There are a few here who claim it is near impossible to catch.  We are all safe.  No need to worry except that I forgot to buy five cases of Wetwipes.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:54:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yes, because there is only two levels, a fully enclosed suit with an air supply, and tshirts and safety glasses.  Brillant.    

I suspect treating hundreds of patients in a hospital setting while in a BSL suit would be awkward, cumbersome and not very effective and is a much different environment than studying a virus in a quiet, isolated lab.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nigeria agrees with you.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:54:11 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
BS.  BS.  BS

There are a few here who claim it is near impossible to catch.  We are all safe.  No need to worry except that I forgot to buy five cases of Wetwipes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

BS.  BS.  BS

Who claimed that?

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:54:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Sunday, Sept. 21:
Monday, Sept. 22:
Tuesday, Sept. 23:
Thursday, Sept. 25:
Saturday, Sept. 27:
Monday, Sept. 29:

Around 4-5 days of being infectious
in Dallas...
View Quote

4-5 days at a minimum.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:55:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ebola can be transmitted via droplet nuclei IIRC. One wet sneeze and you're it. or gets on your mask and safety glasses. or your forehead.
And you touch them when you take them off, a tiny droplet gets on your face. You wash up but don't take a hibicleanse shower. You eat  lunch, and scratch your forehead and then brush your lips as you eat you hamburger. It can be that easy.

How do you think healthcare workers get hepatitis C. They don't intentionally eat poop. They slip up. It's easy to do when swimming in body fluids like you do with some patients, isolation clothing or not. We had one 18 year old on isolation who had diarrhea pouring off the bed in a sudden code brown flash flood who was infected with some nasty virus and on strict contact isolation. It got everywhere before they could clean him and the room. It can get very messy. It's way easier than most think to get infected and spread viruses unless extremely strict protocols are followed. It's really hard to disinfect very nook and cranny of a room and all the equipment too.

These Ebola patients will be bleeding, puking, squirting out the ass, coughing and sneezing. It would be a contact isolation nightmare for the provider with standard isolation gear imo.

Also, Healthcare workers can be so overloaded and harried that they slip up on procedures too. I have seen isolation gowns re-used, biohazardous waste not disposed of properly by non-English speaking service staff, all it takes is one slip up. People get tired, and they make mistakes.

Man I always hated getting isolation patients.  Show me a hospital that doesn't ever get iatrogenic infections and I'll show you one that doesn't exist.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:56:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Who did?  Me?  Do you have information that contradicts that people with Ebola are infectious before the acute stage?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:59:03 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote
When?  

I stated earlier that he was probably not infectious on the airliner before the timeline was established here.  

The timeline established that he arrived on Sept 20, and didn't become infectious until Sept 24th, which came to light after my initial post that he probably wasn't infectious.  The probably in my earlier statement was due to uncertainty in the timeline, i.e. when he arrived and when he got sick, not because he could be infectious without showing symptoms.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:02:00 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Ebola can be transmitted via droplet nuclei IIRC. One wet sneeze and you're it. or gets on your mask and safety glasses. or your forehead.

And you touch them when you take them off, a tiny droplet gets on your face. You wash up but don't take a hibicleanse shower. You eat  lunch, and scratch your forehead and then brush your lips as you eat you hamburger. It can be that easy.

How do you think healthcare worker get hepatitis C.  It's way easier than most think to get infected and spread viruses unless extremely strict protocols are followed. Healthcare worker can be so overloaded and harried that they slip up on procedures too. I have seen isolation gowns re-sued, biohazardous waste not disposed of properly by non-English speaking service staff, all it takes is one slip up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How do you think healthcare worker get hepatitis C.  It's way easier than most think to get infected and spread viruses unless extremely strict protocols are followed. Healthcare worker can be so overloaded and harried that they slip up on procedures too. I have seen isolation gowns re-sued, biohazardous waste not disposed of properly by non-English speaking service staff, all it takes is one slip up.
Sure, which is why they wear masks and droplet shields.  And Ebola doesn't easily transmit via droplet nuclei (yes, it's possible but not likely).  

Wouldn't taking off and on BSL suits carry the same risk of exposure? Couldn't they be exposed to infectious fluids while removing the suits?  Wouldn't the suits reduce the level of care of patients and increase the level of fatigue in the healthcare workers?  It's not practical to wear BSL suits in a hospital care setting.  

"Treating Ebola patients, he said, "is not like caring for other patients. It is grueling work. The personal protective equipment we wore ... becomes excruciatingly hot, with temperatures inside the suit reaching up to 115 degrees. It cannot be worn for more than an hour and a half.""

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:04:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Sure, which is why they wear masks and droplet shields.  And Ebola doesn't easily transmit via droplet nuclei (yes, it's possible but not likely).    

Wouldn't taking off and on BSL suits carry the same risk of exposure? Couldn't they be exposed to infectious fluids while removing the suits?  Wouldn't the suits reduce the level of care of patients and increase the level of fatigue in the healthcare workers?  It's not practical to wear BSL suits in a hospital care setting.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not really ideal to have Ebola patients in a public hospital but shit happens.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:08:26 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
It's not really ideal to have Ebola patients in a public hospital but shit happens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

True, people get sick and they go to the hospital.  That's one of the problems they have in Africa now.  People show up to the hospital but it's hard to tell if they have Ebola or malaria, or a host of other diseases that have the same symptoms as the early stages of Ebola.  Even today, a person showing up in the hospital in Africa with a high fever and stomach problems is way more likely to be suffering from malaria than Ebola.

Dr. Kent Brantly thinks they should consider emphasizing home care for Ebola victims in Africa.  The odds of survival don't seem to be any better by going to their Ebola isolation clinics, and getting the patient to the clinic has a potential for infecting people along the way.  Treating them at home, and giving their caregivers the appropriate protective equipment and instructions could improve their odds, and at least would make them more comfortable at home and less likely to infect people on the streets.  

I read an article the other day about how they've taken to cremation in Liberia to dispose of the dead.  Doctors there think 20 to 30% of the bodies they cremate a day probably died of something other than Ebola but no one is taking chances there anymore.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:08:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not ideal, not even acceptable, imo.  Seeing the way hospitals spread MRSA, VRE and even things like rotavirus and RSV between patients, I would be getting the heck out if knew and was able.

CDC needs to keep these cases confined to a dedicated facility away from public use hospitals.  Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:09:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

4-5 days at a minimum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sunday, Sept. 21:
Monday, Sept. 22:
Tuesday, Sept. 23:
Thursday, Sept. 25:
Saturday, Sept. 27:
Monday, Sept. 29:

in Dallas...

4-5 days at a minimum.

The CDC man says it's all under control.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:13:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

http://www.bloodshotgamer.com/guns/bagdadbob.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sunday, Sept. 21:
Monday, Sept. 22:
Tuesday, Sept. 23:
Thursday, Sept. 25:
Saturday, Sept. 27:
Monday, Sept. 29:

in Dallas...

4-5 days at a minimum.

http://www.bloodshotgamer.com/guns/bagdadbob.jpg
I totally believe everything the government says, TOTALLY!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:14:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Who claimed that?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BS.  BS.  BS

Who claimed that?  

It sure seems like half of this thread is people thinking everyone is over reacting because the only way you can get a third world disease is having sex with wild animals or lick the blood off dead bodies. Which is what they seem to think the trained doctors that were infected in Africa did.

The communicability of Ebola is vastly under estimated by many here "not airborne" does not mean you can walk behind someone sneezing and be safe from Ebola.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:21:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Are they saying how he came in contact with Ebola while over seas? It's supposed to be so hard to catch be he managed to bring it home from vacation.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:23:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Good excuse to buy more preps. This seems serious...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:30:27 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Who claimed that?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BS.  BS.  BS

Who claimed that?  

A lot of Arfcom members claimed it. A large numbers in other forums said it is impossible to get in the USA. America is not immune to Ebola is now settled. There is another group that said it is impossible to have a large Ebola epidemic in the USA. Our health workers is the best. We are prepare to handle Ebola. Well that remain to be seen. The next 21 days should be interesting.

Should start canceling those Thanksgiving flights.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:31:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Strange statement from the Dallas Health Director " "What we're hearing is that the individual was a traveler," Thompson said. "Then we're hearing they might live here. All this has to be flushed out in this contact investigation."
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:32:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Meanwhile, running the same scenario with a guy that has drug-resistant tuberculosis would be a whole different ball game, but for some reason we don't try to scare each other on ARFCOM with TB.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not that worried about Ebola as a pandemic, but the multi spectrum resistant forms of TB worry me greatly.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:33:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

People who have Ebola aren't infectious until symptoms appear.  It's a documented fact.    
View Quote

Dude, this is GD.  You cannot be bringing facts in here.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:35:00 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Are they saying how he came in contact with Ebola while over seas? It's supposed to be so hard to catch be he managed to bring it home from vacation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/09/23/who-revises-up-number-health-workers-killed-by-ebola-in-sierra-leone/

The WHO said that as of Sept. 22, a total of 348 health care workers
were known to have developed Ebola and 186 of them had died. Half of the
cases were in Liberia and 67 in Guinea, which along with Sierra Leone
have been worst hit by the outbreak.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:39:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Gov't says it is all going to be okay.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:46:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Sunday, Sept. 21:
Monday, Sept. 22:
Tuesday, Sept. 23:
Thursday, Sept. 25:
Saturday, Sept. 27:
Monday, Sept. 29:

View Quote

My thoughts exactly......  

Not to mention the Paramedic Vehicle Ebola ride from Hell.....  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:48:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

ETA With Baghdad about to fall, Putin invading Ukraine, illegal hordes flowing across our southern borders unchecked and now Ebola on our shores, I am starting to get an uneasy feeling.
View Quote

Not sure if this has been asked before, but can you give us a little bit of your background. You have some very bold assertions, and many of us here know  nothing about hospital preparedness for such a disease.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:50:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's also a fact that we are lied to on a daily basis.

I know the disease, it's that timeline that has my BS meter pegged.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:51:17 AM EDT
[#46]
The ambulance used to transport was in service for 2 days after the patient went to the hospital. They say it was decontaminated. Let's hope it was.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/30/health/ebola-us/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:51:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Friday, Sept. 19: Boards flight from Liberia. CONDITION UNKNOWN
Saturday, Sept. 20: Arrives in Dallas and visits family. CONDITION UNKNOWN
Sunday, Sept. 21: CONDITION AND WHEREABOUTS UNKNOWN
Monday, Sept. 22: CONDITION AND WHEREABOUTS UNKNOWN
Tuesday, Sept. 23: CONDITION AND WHEREABOUTS UNKNOWN
Wednesday, Sept. 24: ALLEGEDLY Develops symptoms.
Thursday, Sept. 25: CONDITION AND WHEREABOUTS UNKNOWN
Friday, Sept. 26: Seeks care, but is ERRONEOUSLY sent home.
Saturday, Sept. 27: CONDITION AND WHEREABOUTS UNKNOWN
Monday, Sept. 29:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:52:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Only one guaranteed Ebola treatment  

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:04:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Hello! New member here & first post.

I have a BS degree in Biochemistry & MS degree in Microbiology, so I know a thing or two about Ebola. But not much about guns.

About a month ago, I knew Ebola was going to get out of control. I did my graduate work in a Virology lab. All those smug assurances from government shills and arrogant doctors really unnerved me. So only owning a Glock 17 and Ruger SP 101 .357 I felt extra firepower was in order. So I started researching rifles and lurking around here to learn all I could. I was going to get a Walmart Colt LE 6920 but quickly concluded it would be too much gun for the wife to handle. So I got a 9mm Beretta CX4 Storm with an EOTech 512 sight. That set up seems wife friendly so far!

But back to Ebola. Ebola in the USA isn't cause for panic just yet. Ebola in Mexico will mean its time to panic. But Ebola in Texas means Ebola will be in Mexico soon, if it isn't already. Mexico City is a filthy congested third world city of 20 million people plus. Ebola will burn through that population like wildfire. Then where do you think millions of infected people will go? They will go North to Texas, CA, NM and Arizona. We won't be able to stop them. We can't stop them now. Once they get into the huge cities such as LA, Ebola will spread across America.

The next Ebola infection/death report is due out from the WHO in a day or two. My sources tell me its going to be a whopper.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:09:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Hello! New member here & first post.

I have a BS degree in Biochemistry & MS degree in Microbiology, so I know a thing or two about Ebola. But not much about guns.

About a month ago, I knew Ebola was going to get out of control. I did my graduate work in a Virology lab. All those smug assurances from government shills and arrogant doctors really unnerved me. So only owning a Glock 17 and Ruger SP 101 .357 I felt extra firepower was in order. So I started researching rifles and lurking around here to learn all I could. I was going to get a Walmart Colt LE 6920 but quickly concluded it would be too much gun for the wife to handle. So I got a 9mm Beretta CX4 Storm with an EOTech 512 sight. That set up seems wife friendly so far!

But back to Ebola. Ebola in the USA isn't cause for panic just yet. Ebola in Mexico will mean its time to panic. But Ebola in Texas means Ebola will be in Mexico soon, if it isn't already. Mexico City is a filthy congested third world city of 20 million people plus. Ebola will burn through that population like wildfire. Then where do you think millions of infected people will go? They will go North to Texas, CA, NM and Arizona. We won't be able to stop them. We can't stop them now. Once they get into the huge cities such as LA, Ebola will spread across America.

The next Ebola infection/death report is due out from the WHO in a day or two. My sources tell me its going to be a whopper.
View Quote

What "sources"?
Page / 187
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top