nigeria had 20+ cases and 8 deaths.

how many do we have?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
nigeria had a much worse exposure case and they were declared ebola free today....

just sayin.

are we worse than nigeria when it comes to this stuff?

Nigeria screens airline passengers for Ebola.  Do we?

Nigeria is Ebola free.  Are we?

how many do we have?

Gummamint or actual numbers?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:39:48 PM EDT
[#2]
As long as he or she wasn't spending their time while symptomatic going to sporting events, malls, concerts, bus stations, airports, or other large gatherings of people this should blow over.

An infected person sweating and salivating at an NFL game or spending the entire day riding a subway would be more... troublesome.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
i jst thought about something...

massive ebola out break here means fewer people buying 22lr. More for me.

COME ON EBOLA!
View Quote

Can it be genetically engineered so that it only targets and infects neckbeards?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

COME ON EBOLA!
This

.22lr has been readily available in most states for months now...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
We should have banned public flights from nations with active Ebola and entrance of persons with passports from those nations at the very start of the outbreak... It's kind of a duh thing. Containment.

Now we have to Shut, Down, Everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing wrong it's a healthy dose of skepticism when government shills are spouting "nothing to see here"  like baghdad bob.

And maybe we could ban flights from that shithole, like the UK did.

no argument there. that is healthy.

We should have banned public flights from nations with active Ebola and entrance of persons with passports from those nations at the very start of the outbreak... It's kind of a duh thing. Containment.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/09/doctors-irresponsible-to-send-troops-to-combat-ebola/

Dr. Hieb said quarantine measures should be taken to control the outbreak and prevent Ebola from coming to America.

"You don’t get Ebola from Europe,” she told WND. "You get Ebola from
Africa. And it’s a really simple formula: Don’t let people fly to
America if they’ve been to areas where there’s an outbreak. When there’s
an outbreak, stop air travel

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:41:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Can it be genetically engineered so that it only targets and infects neckbeards?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

COME ON EBOLA!

Do neckbeards wash their hands?

If not, it already is.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Can it be genetically engineered so that it only targets and infects neckbeards? liberals
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

COME ON EBOLA!

Can it be genetically engineered so that it only targets and infects neckbeards? liberals

Fify
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

http://www.wnd.com/2014/09/doctors-irresponsible-to-send-troops-to-combat-ebola/
Dr. Hieb said quarantine measures should be taken to control the outbreak and prevent Ebola from coming to America.

"You don’t get Ebola from Europe,” she told WND. "You get Ebola from Africa. And it’s a really simple formula: Don’t let people fly to America if they’ve been to areas where there’s an outbreak. When there’s an outbreak, stop air travel<tr]

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing wrong it's a healthy dose of skepticism when government shills are spouting "nothing to see here"  like baghdad bob.

"You don’t get Ebola from Europe,” she told WND. "You get Ebola from Africa. And it’s a really simple formula: Don’t let people fly to America if they’ve been to areas where there’s an outbreak. When there’s an outbreak, stop air travel<tr]

But dats racist.

Saudi camel-fucking Arabia has figured this shit out, but we haven't...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

You mean the administration fucked something up and is now gonna play catch-up to pick up the pieces?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you don't fight terrorism Ebola there, you will have to fight it here.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I've had sex while sick. Play hurt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I read that ebola can also be transmitted via semen.  If he had sex, his partners could have it even if he was not symptomatic.

ever wanted to have sex while you were sick with the flu? he wouldn't be infectious until well into the process.

I've had sex while sick. Play hurt.
Yup. After being exposed or "cured" of it, semen can pass virus up to seven weeks.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#12]
The threat of this spreading is a big concern. In person voting in November should be banned. Proxy voters will make sure the People's voice is heard on Election Day though.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:49:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Fuck Dear Leader. We should have imposed a quarantine. Nobody who's been there enters without staying 30 days in an isolation ward.
View Quote

No can do, political correctness will kill many, and obama loves it. The ineptness of this government is enormous
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Actually we have no clue what will happen here. There are animals here in the new world that have never been exposed to Ebola which might be a much better carrier and cause some other types of mutations. For example what happens when it hits the raccoon population. A species that thrives around human populations, What if it is only a carrier but spreads it to our pets that then in turn spread it to us? It is these types of unknowns that make our current assessments useless.    

Also it has an exponential growth.

http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/1399944/ebola_projection_healthmap_revised.0.png

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Regardless of whether the threat is real or perceived, the effect a few more of these will have on the public could get interesting.  Ebola may not kill us, but panic and hysteria damn well might.
Actually we have no clue what will happen here. There are animals here in the new world that have never been exposed to Ebola which might be a much better carrier and cause some other types of mutations. For example what happens when it hits the raccoon population. A species that thrives around human populations, What if it is only a carrier but spreads it to our pets that then in turn spread it to us? It is these types of unknowns that make our current assessments useless.    

http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/1399944/ebola_projection_healthmap_revised.0.png

Rabies-Ebola = RaBola!  

It was bound to happen. This is it boys!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Rabies-Ebola = RaBola!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Regardless of whether the threat is real or perceived, the effect a few more of these will have on the public could get interesting.  Ebola may not kill us, but panic and hysteria damn well might.

Rabies-Ebola = RaBola!  

RaBola zombies!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
RaBola zombies!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rabies-Ebola = RaBola!  

RaBola zombies!

but will they be fast or slow RaBola zombies? This is the important question
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#17]
A few cases spreading naturally?  Meh.  That can be controlled.

What concerns me is the possibility of ISIS figuring out how to weaponize it and deliver it to multiple points at once.  If GD panics this much from one case, imagine what THAT would cause.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rabies-Ebola = RaBola!  

RaBola zombies!

The fat ones will be slow... The skinny ones fast.

This is America, and RaBola will disproportionally infect the poor and stupid... So mostly slow zombies.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
As long as he or she wasn't spending their time while symptomatic going to sporting events, malls, concerts, bus stations, airports, or other large gatherings of people this should blow over.

An infected person sweating and salivating at an NFL game or spending the entire day riding a subway would be more... troublesome.
View Quote

...or a major airport?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fuel air bomb.
View Quote

I like this.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm  pleased to see that everyone is taking this new threat of RaBola seriously
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I like this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuel air bomb.

I like this.

FAE just spreads it. Go fusion or go home.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:24:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

...or a major airport?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...or a major airport?

Of course, but only if the person is symptomatic.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...or a major airport?

Symptomatic people NEVER go out in public.   Never.   Really.  They always stay home to avoid infecting others.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

how many do we have?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
nigeria had a much worse exposure case and they were declared ebola free today....

just sayin.

how many do we have?

I was hoping to hear that we screen sirline passengers.  And the we were Ebola free.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:37:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Didn't Nigeria get 20 cases from 1 patient?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:41:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Well I for one am glad this happened, since it identified two nutters on my Facebook that had previously flown under the radar.

It's not everyday I get to block people for claiming the CDC brought ebola to Africa...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Well I for one am glad this happened, since it identified two nutters on my Facebook that had previously flown under the radar.

View Quote

It's not everyday I get to block people for claiming the CDC brought ebola to Africa...

Should have told them to go check out Kitum Cave.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#30]
I was just in Dallas

I have a fever too.

I flew to Dallas on the 22nd.  

Meh
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:45:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

how many do we have?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

just sayin.

how many do we have?

How many did nigeria have when Sawyer was admitted to the hospital? 1

Same as us right now.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I was just in Dallas

I have a fever too.

Meh
View Quote

dibs on optics!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

No can do, political correctness will kill many, and obama loves it. The ineptness of this government is enormous
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Dear Leader. We should have imposed a quarantine. Nobody who's been there enters without staying 30 days in an isolation ward.

"Open borders", we're told by the left. Improves our multicultural feel good tapestry of humanity.

It is wrong to discriminate those who suffer from "Health Inequality" (like that? I made it up myself) and infected people should be allowed to move freely as they wish.

I welcome ebola as it is exactly what the left wanted.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I was just in Dallas

I have a fever too.

Meh
View Quote

Don't think this is funny but have to say..........

Oh no, you posted, now ARF has the EBOLA!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:49:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Can we please have someone pick an awesome pic of a filovirus for their new or temporary Avatar?

ETA:

This is the most badass one I have found:

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I was just in Dallas

I have a fever too.

Meh
View Quote

Fever is rare this time of year, well except for the EV68 epidemic going on.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bunch of idiots, everyone knows the CIA imported it.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Should have told them to go check out Kitum Cave.

lol, they probably wouldn't get it. They literally believe the CDC created it in 2009... cases from the 80's would an Obama conspiracy to legitimize the outbreak.

They would know, they dropped out of nursing school...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I wonder how many labs are working on a faster Ebola test?

The sample/culture/eyeball won't be fast enough if this does catch on at all in the US.  

View Quote

There is one already....My company make the equipment for the test.  It uses LEDs to see the infection....I think it take about 2-3 hours...not sure on that test.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:56:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Can we please have someone pick an awesome pic of a filovirus for their new or temporary Avatar?

ETA:

https://whybecausescience.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/76476153_76475767.jpg

View Quote

Somebody make it the right size and I'll use it. I've talked enough shit about it....
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:57:52 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Somebody make it the right size and I'll use it. I've talked enough shit about it....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

I am no graphics wiz but I think I can edit it!  What are the requirements?  I'll look but if you already know post to help me out!
ETA: OK, 175 X 95, 20kb limit...hang on
This doesn't look too great when I open it locally...

Ugh...it could be better.  I know there are some people who know what they're doing with graphics programs...we can probably get this a lot better.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:18:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

dibs on optics!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was just in Dallas

I have a fever too.

Meh

dibs on optics!!!

noted.  though will they survive an autoclave?  or will you risk it?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

ETA:

View Quote

Reminds me a bit of Squidward Q. Tentacles...

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/ntPcnvu.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

http://i.imgur.com/ntPcnvu.jpg

I guess it's official, Squidward has finally snapped and is now out to destroy the world.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The American relatives he was staying with are fucked.

No they're not. Unless he was swapping spit or porking them . Read it right here, it's damn near impossible to get .

Spit from a sneeze is totally safe.

I dare you to go lap up some of his spit???   You have no idea if it is totally safe.  And guess what the CDC has no idea either.  They are making an educated guess right now.      

I don't think you want to mess with spit or sneeze droplets.

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/lab-bio/res/psds-ftss/ebola-eng.php

INFECTIOUS DOSE: Viral hemorrhagic fevers have an infectious dose of 1 - 10 organisms by aerosol in non-human primates Footnote 41.

I just watched an asshole on Fox News say a sneeze was fine.

What are you telling me? The government would never ever lie to us .
 No the govt would never lie!!!!

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I am no graphics wiz but I think I can edit it!  What are the requirements?  I'll look but if you already know post to help me out!

http://s17.postimg.org/ou0teb8sr/EBOLA.jpg

Ugh...it could be better.  I know there are some people who know what they're doing with graphics programs...we can probably get this a lot better.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

Done. I'm a filovirus now.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Eta: I hear New Hampshire is nice....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its name was "Texas".

I mean.

If it gets too bad here we will just all pack and move to our bugout location- you know, all the land in Colorado we have been buying up for the last 50 years.

Eta: I hear New Hampshire is nice....

Cool! Wanna come with us when we invade?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA:

I'll try it.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:51:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'll try it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

I'll try it.

Whoa there big shooter.  Ain't room for but one filovirus here...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:54:22 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm just gonna sit back and have ebola popcorn while this thread develops

Page / 187
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top