BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:38:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No doubt.  (I was only talking in third person because it was convenient.)

http://imgur.com/QKFWgKl
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I meant you, no offense. Join date essentially now and this is your first post from Vermont and you claim inside knowledge.

Well this is an unusual development for these stories, were you just googling yourself or do you lurk here often?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:39:42 AM EDT
[#2]
so.. how many isolated incidents is this again?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:40:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
so.. how many isolated incidents is this again?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:41:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So the ends justify the means..... Got it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So... (allegedly) cop pulls kid over, says he smells pot and wants to search the car, and has it  towed when the guy says no.

Then later gets a warrant for it.  

The American Civil Liberties Union of Vermont filed the lawsuit on behalf Gregory Zullo, 21, whose car was seized by Vermont State Police after a traffic stop in March that left Zullo by the side of the road in 20-degree weather.

Hatch told Zullo that he should give consent to search the vehicle because Hatch’s police dog "smelled something,” despite the fact the dog was not trained in drug detection and was kept in the trooper’s vehicle with the windows rolled up, the lawsuit alleges.

Again, Zullo refused to waive his rights, and Hatch told Zullo he was seizing his car.

Hatch’s cruiser’s audio and video system recorded a telephone conversation — the complaint doesn’t specify with whom — in which Hatch said, "I can smell weed and he won’t allow me to search, so I’m just going to take it.”

Police left Zullo on the side of the road, 8 miles from home, with his hooded sweatshirt to keep warm. According to the National Weather Service, on March 6 temperatures reached a high of 21 degrees.

Back at the Rutland state police barracks, Hatch received a search warrant based upon his assertion he could smell burnt marijuana in the car, and that the car contained an air freshener and a bottle of Visine eye drops, records state.

The search turned up a pipe and a grinder — used to break up marijuana — but no marijuana, the complaint states.

Article

Was the pipe and grinder his.   If so, good search.  If not...

So the ends justify the means..... Got it.

face it, a lot of arfcommers would kill you if it supported their fatally flawed sense of self righteous bullshit.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:42:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[
Do you have a copy of the police report?  
MJ residue in the pipe that was found in the car but there couldn't be MJ odor in the car?
Did the officer actually say his dog alerted or is that journalistic license by a creative lawyer?
View Quote

No.
There couldn't have been odor in the car because I had in an air freshener not to mention the single cigarette smoked in there that day.
The officer told me during the stop when his mic was off that the dog in his car was going crazy. Like I said though, It wasn't a drug sniffing dog.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:44:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well this is an unusual development for these stories, were you just googling yourself or do you lurk here often?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I meant you, no offense. Join date essentially now and this is your first post from Vermont and you claim inside knowledge.

I was just curious of the public opinion. Yeah I googled myself.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1303377/2014-09-12-complaint.pdf

Is all I can really say.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:05:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
No.

The ACLU filed a lawsuit on your behalf and the article references audio and video files from Hatch's cruiser and you don't have a copy of the police report?

Quoted:
There couldn't have been odor in the car because I had in an air freshener not to mention the single cigarette smoked in there that day.

MJ stinks.  Some things stink like MJ.  You admit to smoking MJ a few days prior but don't think your car will smell?  

Quoted:
The officer told me during the stop when his mic was off that the dog in his car was going crazy. Like I said though, It wasn't a drug sniffing dog.

Of course Hatch's mic was off.............  Telling you the dog was going crazy isn't necessarily telling you the dog alerted to the smell of MJ.  How did you/ACLU determine what Hatch's dog was trained to do?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:15:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1303377/2014-09-12-complaint.pdf

Is all I can really say.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is all I can really say.

I wouldn't answer anymore questions here...it could only hurt your case. Good luck
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:25:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So... (allegedly) cop pulls kid over, says he smells pot and wants to search the car, and has it  towed when the guy says no.

The American Civil Liberties Union of Vermont filed the lawsuit on behalf Gregory Zullo, 21, whose car was seized by Vermont State Police after a traffic stop in March that left Zullo by the side of the road in 20-degree weather.

Hatch told Zullo that he should give consent to search the vehicle because Hatch’s police dog “smelled something,” despite the fact the dog was not trained in drug detection and was kept in the trooper’s vehicle with the windows rolled up, the lawsuit alleges.

Again, Zullo refused to waive his rights, and Hatch told Zullo he was seizing his car.

Hatch’s cruiser’s audio and video system recorded a telephone conversation — the complaint doesn’t specify with whom — in which Hatch said, “I can smell weed and he won’t allow me to search, so I’m just going to take it.”

Police left Zullo on the side of the road, 8 miles from home, with his hooded sweatshirt to keep warm. According to the National Weather Service, on March 6 temperatures reached a high of 21 degrees.

Back at the Rutland state police barracks, Hatch received a search warrant based upon his assertion he could smell burnt marijuana in the car, and that the car contained an air freshener and a bottle of Visine eye drops, records state.

The search turned up a pipe and a grinder — used to break up marijuana — but no marijuana, the complaint states.

Article

Punch yourself in the dick. That's the dumbest thing I have read here in a while.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:47:13 AM EDT
[#10]
ITT: statists
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:49:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I haven't seen it personally but I'm sure it happens with shitty/corrupt handlers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dogs are used by cops as walking pretext and this is just another example.

I haven't seen it personally but I'm sure it happens with shitty/corrupt handlers.

I watched a PD handler admit it to a classroom full of cops at HIDTA training.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:07:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That K9 officer should have been fired, all his cases reviewed & probably charged with multiple crimes.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:21:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
ITT: statists
View Quote

Pretty much. HOLY SHIT LETS SEND EVERYONE WITH WEED RESIDUE ON THEM TO THE ELECTRIC CHAIR!!!   WAR ON DRUGS WARGARBLE!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:31:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They found marijuana residue on the pipe but honestly I never once used that pipe and the police only have the bowl part of it because it wasn't together at the time. I hadn't smoked for 2-3 days prior to this whole thing. (And not in my car) My car only could have smelled like cigarette. Grinder was empty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So was their MJ residue in the grinder and pipe they found in your car?

They found marijuana residue on the pipe but honestly I never once used that pipe and the police only have the bowl part of it because it wasn't together at the time. I hadn't smoked for 2-3 days prior to this whole thing. (And not in my car) My car only could have smelled like cigarette. Grinder was empty.

So, wait... You just admitted on a firearms forum you smoke weed?

Why isn't this guy banned per CoC?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:34:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:39:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:40:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:41:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
They found marijuana residue on the pipe but honestly I never once used that pipe and the police only have the bowl part of it because it wasn't together at the time. I hadn't smoked for 2-3 days prior to this whole thing.
View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1576304_Posting_That_you_smoke_marijuana_will_result_in_the_loss_of_your_arfcom_account
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:41:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:42:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, he did only say he "smoked", so you are simply inferring that he meant he smoked weed, technically.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:55:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well, he did only say he "smoked", so you are simply inferring that he meant he smoked weed, technically.
View Quote

In one post, he said he had smoked a cigarette at 7 AM that day. Then another post said he hadn't smoked in 2-3 days. Since he had smoked one thing at 7 AM, and we know what that one thing is, it's logical to conclude he had smoked the other thing (therefore, weed) 2-3 days prior.

Plus his credibility is shot because he pretended to be some other party in the know before being discovered. His motives are unclear, therefore his entire story is suspect.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:16:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

In one post, he said he had smoked a cigarette at 7 AM that day. Then another post said he hadn't smoked in 2-3 days. Since he had smoked one thing at 7 AM, and we know what that one thing is, it's logical to conclude he had smoked the other thing (therefore, weed) 2-3 days prior.

Plus his credibility is shot because he pretended to be some other party in the know before being discovered. His motives are unclear, therefore his entire story is suspect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That doesn't beget loss of credibility. I just don't feel the need to explain myself. I was clearing up some things people wondered about. So now I will move on. Forum drama isn't my thing.
It doesn't matter who I am. What matters is that people know that abuse of power is on the rise so much in fact that you can be stopped, have you car impounded, and left on the side of the road.
I wasn't high. I wasn't committing any crime. Just remember that. Anyway, I will see myself out.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:44:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Is all I can really say.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is all I can really say.

Interesting reading. 2nd HP officer let him get his jacket but wouldn't let him get his phone to call for a ride. Dick move.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:16:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
They found marijuana residue on the pipe but honestly I never once used that pipe and the police only have the bowl part of it because it wasn't together at the time. I hadn't smoked for 2-3 days prior to this whole thing.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1576304_Posting_That_you_smoke_marijuana_will_result_in_the_loss_of_your_arfcom_account

Is the forum member a gun owner????? Member has stated he only joined because he was being discussed.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That doesn't beget loss of credibility. I just don't feel the need to explain myself. I was clearing up some things people wondered about. So now I will move on. Forum drama isn't my thing.
It doesn't matter who I am. What matters is that people know that abuse of power is on the rise so much in fact that you can be stopped, have you car impounded, and left on the side of the road.
I wasn't high. I wasn't committing any crime. Just remember that. Anyway, I will see myself out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wise move, and good luck.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The ACLU filed a lawsuit on your behalf and the article references audio and video files from Hatch's cruiser and you don't have a copy of the police report?

MJ stinks.  Some things stink like MJ.  You admit to smoking MJ a few days prior but don't think your car will smell?  

Of course Hatch's mic was off.............  Telling you the dog was going crazy isn't necessarily telling you the dog alerted to the smell of MJ.  How did you/ACLU determine what Hatch's dog was trained to do?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. Not very surprising that a young person doesn't have everything together. It is kind of expected.
2. Pretty sure he said he didn't smoke IN THE CAR. It is somewhat odd that you don't doubt the ability of a person to smell an order after many days despite the presence of much stronger odors but don't seem to think that a deputy could lie and said he smelled MJ.
3. You are correct. It could have just been a bluff, what most people call a LIE. The ACLU most likely ASKED the dept. if the dog was trained. The dept. most likely provided an answer to their request for information.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:45:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Punch yourself in the dick. That's the dumbest thing I have read here in a while.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Article

Did you miss the part where he said his taxes bought the guy's weed?

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:46:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

There are people on this site who don't own guns or can't own guns legally. So that really doesn't matter.

Plus I think we all knew this guy smoked MJ since the article in the OP said he had a history of possession.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is the forum member a gun owner????? Member has stated he only joined because he was being discussed.

There are people on this site who don't own guns or can't own guns legally. So that really doesn't matter.

Plus I think we all knew this guy smoked MJ since the article in the OP said he had a history of possession.

Hatch checked Zullo’s record, he learned the man had been arrested in 2013 for misdemeanor marijuana possession.

I would think in this instance a certain amount of leeway would be provided. It was an interesting turn of events.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:51:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Good job ZMV you sure showed him.

Bet your real proud of yourself.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:20:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the extra information.  Sorry we have some dicks on the board, like every forum on the internet.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Yep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That K9 officer should have been fired, all his cases reviewed & probably charged with multiple crimes.

Yep.

And yet we know for a fact, based on multiple articles here that A) the incidents of them being fired, or even getting a sternly worded letter entered into their permanent record are statistically insignificant, and B) the WBL, and their bevy of badge bunnies will blindly bunch right up behind them in numbers that are statistically staggering.

Because, Blue.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Because, Blue.

View Quote

TBL has only been about protecting bad cops.  Thank god they took that guy's shit, i mean, What COULD he have done with that pipe in the car?   Think of all of the victims.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:53:30 PM EDT
[#37]
And there it is.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Insane seizures like this happen every day. No idea why people here are surprised.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:35:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I agree that the cop was an ass, but did he honestly know beforehand that he was dealing with JUST weed? Doesn't seem that way based on the story.

Let's play what if: What if he searched the car, just as the story says, based on the smell of weed, but instead of turning up nothing, he turns up four kilos of heroin and 1,000 pills?

Then we wouldn't even be discussing this incident.

The only reason we're discussing it is because they found nothing of importance, and human nature is to judge to morality or legality of doing something based on the result.

Hindsight is 20/20. This bullshit comes from the same people who say "He only had a toy gun, why did you shoot him!" or "He was unarmed, why did you shoot him!" or "He was a good kid, why did you shoot him!"

Because most humans can not look at the situation objectively. Those who can become cops.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If story is accurate, cop is an ass.  Who puts that much work in for a little weed or suspicion of weed....good lord.  Also, seizing the car means the guy is basically your responsibility.  You just can't leave him out there like that in those conditions.

I agree that the cop was an ass, but did he honestly know beforehand that he was dealing with JUST weed? Doesn't seem that way based on the story.

Let's play what if: What if he searched the car, just as the story says, based on the smell of weed, but instead of turning up nothing, he turns up four kilos of heroin and 1,000 pills?

The only reason we're discussing it is because they found nothing of importance, and human nature is to judge to morality or legality of doing something based on the result.

Hindsight is 20/20. This bullshit comes from the same people who say "He only had a toy gun, why did you shoot him!" or "He was unarmed, why did you shoot him!" or "He was a good kid, why did you shoot him!"

Because most humans can not look at the situation objectively. Those who can become cops.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's not the same concept.

Riddle me this: If possession of marijuana is not a crime in VT, then how did he get a search warrant to search for something that is not a crime?

Remember, we're not talking about some random cop doing a search on some random hunch. He had a search warrant signed by a judge based on evidence of a crime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:It's the same concept.  This man apparently was not committing any crime in the state of VT, yet you justify the search as saying well what if he was committing a crime? We don't know until we check.  Sure it turns out he wasn't, but we didn't know until we checked.

Riddle me this: If possession of marijuana is not a crime in VT, then how did he get a search warrant to search for something that is not a crime?

Remember, we're not talking about some random cop doing a search on some random hunch. He had a search warrant signed by a judge based on evidence of a crime.

Judges give stupid warrants every 5 minutes
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:47:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If story is accurate, cop is an ass.  Who puts that much work in for a little weed or suspicion of weed....good lord.  Also, seizing the car means the guy is basically your responsibility.  You just can't leave him out there like that in those conditions.

I think someone should pull you over and search for the wacky weed after making a comments like these. Glad you aren't a cop
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What is it that you expect the standard patrol officer do if someone doesn't get punished enough to your liking?
Patrol officers do not decide or enforce the punishments to other patrol officers.
Why not go after the higher ups who do decide the punishment and discipline?
Patrol officer do not get to decide who the department hires.
FYI...I don't have a union, I don't have a pension, and I have reported the misconduct of an officer that lead to his firing. I did so because I couldn't trust him. That does not always work and once reported it is out of the patrol officers hands.
View Quote

Took my PD 11 years to finally fire a headcase I graduated the academy with. He was reported by numerous cops, Sgts, Lts, and even his Captain to the higher ups because of bizarre, dangerous behavior and misconduct that started one month out of the academy.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:50:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Prove that he didn't.

View Quote

I thought we were still innocent until proven guilty.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I think someone should pull you over and search for the wacky weed after making a comments like these. Glad you aren't a cop
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dear God, then what have I been doing at my job for 9 years!?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:01:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*snort*
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you not seen the shit he's been posting?  Nobody other than someone toeing the blue line would have made those comments.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy mother of dog. A hell of an impersonation?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:It's the same concept.  This man apparently was not committing any crime in the state of VT, yet you justify the search as saying well what if he was committing a crime? We don't know until we check.  Sure it turns out he wasn't, but we didn't know until we checked.

Are you part of the legal system and speak from a position of authority or are you basing that pronouncment on what you read in the MSM?

People keep saying MJ has been decriminalized in Vermont but then how is there a civil infraction/penalty?  I believe the penalty for possession of less than 1 oz has been reduced not eliminated.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top