Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:14:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Disagreeing with Leo is not cop bashing. Why are you so thinned skinned?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been a civie longer than I've been LE. You might want to try slowing down and comprehending what you read.
What you are missing is I do not care what some random guy on the Internet that tends to bash cops thinks. I deal with the general public every day and just last weekend had one buy my dinner and thank me for my service. I also had to refrain from the cakes that the local church dropped off at my Precinct.
Then I step off into the projects and I get the fuck the police and all the hostilities.
As I posted earlier, my general public, yours and AKs must differ.
The projects thugs and the  general public opinion of my profession differ greatly. I find it strange which side a few GDers are in. Birds of feather I guess.

Disagreeing with Leo is not cop bashing. Why are you so thinned skinned?

Thinned skinned about what? What are you even talking about? Where did I mention anything about disagreeing and cop bashing?
Now saying cops are more dangerous than thugs, well that would be bashing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:30:40 AM EDT
[#2]
This is in my AO.  Plenty of police around here suck.  Some of them are good people.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:31:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hmm wonder how many interactions police had that same day that were positive?

If you don't have Clearly you don't have the sense to realize that a video of a potty mouth piss poor excuse for an officer doesn't mean that all LEOs are thugs, you and a couple of others in this thread need to seek professional help.

I can't imagine how painful it must be to live with such irrational thought process.

On that note I'm out of here, I've got a busy day tomorrow.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

If you don't have Clearly you don't have the sense to realize that a video of a potty mouth piss poor excuse for an officer doesn't mean that all LEOs are thugs, you and a couple of others in this thread need to seek professional help.

I can't imagine how painful it must be to live with such irrational thought process.

Of course not. It's a mere example.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:39:42 AM EDT
[#4]
View All Quotes

I bet mototard has video after video proving his point right.......right?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:01:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thank god we have heroes like you, protecting us.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:11:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

M
I've been a civie longer than I've been LE. You might want to try slowing down and comprehending what you read.

What you are missing is I do not care what some random guy on the Internet that tends to bash cops thinks. I deal with the general public every day and just last weekend had one buy my dinner and thank me for my service. I also had to refrain from the cakes that the local church dropped off at my Precinct.

Then I step off into the projects and I get the fuck the police and all the hostilities.

The projects thugs and the  general public opinion of my profession differ greatly. I find it strange which side a few GDers are in. Birds of feather I guess.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

M

Quoted:

Quoted:

M

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't care what some random guy on from GD ( I've read your post for awhile now) thinks or what he thinks less of.

As for law abiding citizens thinking what you claim, well not from my point of view. You and the birds you flock with well, I don't care.

So much for your point.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/009/684/thats-just-like-your-opinion-man%5B1%5D.gif

I see reading comprehension is still giving you fits.

I agree with your opinion regarding the officer in question. However, maybe, you should try on some civie shoes every now and then.  

-Random Civilian Guy

Sure you don't

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:35:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The clenched buttcheeks and fleeing Bassett Hounds await!

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:54:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If a field test was done, that's either a false positive, a complete mistake on judging the reaction of the test or he took all of the meth off the spoon to complete his test and left so little residue that a lab could not test it.  I don't waste a lot of time making cases off of residue (as in looking to arrest someone right then) if it's a residue I'll send it off for analysis.  I also don't spend a lot of time making marijuana cases off of shake.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's fucked up.

If we have something we think is drugs but can't field test it we releasrhe suspect, then send the substance to the tox lab. If it comes back positive then we get an arrest warrant.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

This all day and everyday.  To quote one of the great statesman of a previous generation "Jucee, joo have some 'splaining to do".

FT was positive, she failed to appear and gave a false name.

The officer’s report states he received consent to search Huff’s 1994 Ford Explorer, and searched a bag with the name “Ashley” printed on it. The officer described Huff, a passenger, as “nervous,” noting sores on her face, arms and legs. Inside the bag was a spoon with a “clear, crystal-like substance,” according to the report.

Huff disputes the claim, saying it was orange SpaghettiOs spaghetti sauce, as she told the officer in the police report.

“I found it strange that she would eat SpaghettiOs with a metal spoon while riding in a vehicle, and then put the spoon back in a bag,” the report reads.

The officer reported he found a glass smoking device in the bag as well before conducting a field test for methamphetamine.

“I tested the spoon with a field test kit, and the crystal-like substance on the spoon showed a positive indication for methamphetamine,” the report reads.

Huff was arrested and taken to Hall County Jail.

“It was so stressful,” Huff, 23, said. “Nobody believed me. I said I had SpaghettiOs on my spoon. Nobody believed that. Everybody thought it was hilarious, but that was exactly what it was.”

Huff told The Times the spoon and the SpaghettiOs were from a friend, as she and the other three people in the car were driving to a friend’s house in Gainesville.

“We had been riding around, and I threw the can in the trash because I was eating them straight out of the can,” she said. “I just threw the spoon in my purse because I had borrowed it from a friend — the can of the SpaghettiOs and the spoon.”

The district attorney’s office issued a dismissal for Huff’s charge after further analysis on the spoon.

“The Crime Lab report showed no controlled substances on the spoon submitted for testing, “ according to the dismissal signed by Northeastern Judicial Circuit District Attorney Lee Darragh.

After missing a pretrial hearing, Huff said she gave Jackson County police a false name, leading to 13 days in jail. Huff was reincarcerated in the Hall County Jail on Aug. 2 for a Superior Court arrest order and could not afford bond, her public defender Chris van Rossem said.
http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/section/6/article/104844/

If a field test was done, that's either a false positive, a complete mistake on judging the reaction of the test or he took all of the meth off the spoon to complete his test and left so little residue that a lab could not test it.  I don't waste a lot of time making cases off of residue (as in looking to arrest someone right then) if it's a residue I'll send it off for analysis.  I also don't spend a lot of time making marijuana cases off of shake.  

She had none of the sores on her face described in the report in her mugshot. Unless he mistook freckles or dried sauce on her face something ain't right.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:45:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
She had none of the sores on her face described in the report in her mugshot. Unless he mistook freckles or dried sauce on her face something ain't right.
View Quote

Clearly we are dealing with Wolverine here, no one else could heal that fast.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:56:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The officer’s report states he received consent to search Huff’s 1994 Ford Explorer, and searched a bag with the name “Ashley” printed on it. The officer described Huff, a passenger, as “nervous,” noting sores on her face, arms and legs. Inside the bag was a spoon with a “clear, crystal-like substance,” according to the report.

Huff disputes the claim, saying it was orange SpaghettiOs spaghetti sauce, as she told the officer in the police report.

“I found it strange that she would eat SpaghettiOs with a metal spoon while riding in a vehicle, and then put the spoon back in a bag,” the report reads.

The officer reported he found a glass smoking device in the bag as well before conducting a field test for methamphetamine.

“I tested the spoon with a field test kit, and the crystal-like substance on the spoon showed a positive indication for methamphetamine,” the report reads.

“It was so stressful,” Huff, 23, said. “Nobody believed me. I said I had SpaghettiOs on my spoon. Nobody believed that. Everybody thought it was hilarious, but that was exactly what it was.”

Huff told The Times the spoon and the SpaghettiOs were from a friend, as she and the other three people in the car were driving to a friend’s house in Gainesville.

“We had been riding around, and I threw the can in the trash because I was eating them straight out of the can,” she said. “I just threw the spoon in my purse because I had borrowed it from a friend — the can of the SpaghettiOs and the spoon.”

The district attorney’s office issued a dismissal for Huff’s charge after further analysis on the spoon.

“The Crime Lab report showed no controlled substances on the spoon submitted for testing, “ according to the dismissal signed by Northeastern Judicial Circuit District Attorney Lee Darragh.

After missing a pretrial hearing, Huff said she gave Jackson County police a false name, leading to 13 days in jail. Huff was reincarcerated in the Hall County Jail on Aug. 2 for a Superior Court arrest order and could not afford bond, her public defender Chris van Rossem said.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's fucked up.

If we have something we think is drugs but can't field test it we releasrhe suspect, then send the substance to the tox lab. If it comes back positive then we get an arrest warrant.

This all day and everyday.  To quote one of the great statesman of a previous generation "Jucee, joo have some 'splaining to do".

I dont think you guys get it. In the great state of Georgia you don't have to give those ass holes consent. They will search your fucking car anyways. My car has been searched a few times, most of my friends cars have been too, I guess we are lucky we dont do drugs. But in my experience 80% of the time cops I've dealt with  dont give a fuck about the law here.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:40:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

What you don't understand is this is normal behavior for LE in Jackson and Hinds Co. SO.

The surrounding cities are a little better and have more professional LEO's.

But as the FSA also flees Jackson older surrounding cities like Peal, Clinton, Ridgeland, and Richland that were once safe havens for the middle class are now being turned over to the FSA which is predominantly black and crime is on the rise.

Many of the more professional LEO's are retiring and the younger officers with fewer years on the force are leaving for Rankin Co. SO, Madison Co. SO, Madison PD, Flowood PD, and Brandon PD.

Ridgeland is North East Jackson 15 years ago.

JPD is just getting worse because most of the whites have left for the surrounding cities. There are a few hold outs mostly white neighborhoods off of Ridgewood Rd between Lakeland Dr and Old Canton Rd.

My family moved from Eastover in 94' To Madison Co.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:54:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Whoopee for the war on drugs.
View Quote

yeah well......its starts with Spaghetti O's......next thing you know, they're mainlining Prego.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:04:08 AM EDT
[#13]
other than op Thread TLDR.  so was it with or without meatballs.
it makes a difference.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:03:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Plus, she's got tweaker written all over her. Bet she's got a rap sheet a mile long.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She looks awfully happy for someone who is getting railroaded. She must have been thinking about the settlement.

She's pure ginger.   They don't have real emotions like you or I.

Plus, she's got tweaker written all over her. Bet she's got a rap sheet a mile long.

one would wonder about any of the other "deals" the AG and friends has done in the past.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:32:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:32:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

This is in my AO.  Plenty of police around here suck.  Some of them are good people.  
View Quote
Unfortunately, the ass clowns then to be in supervisory positions and/or have numbers on their side.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

What you don't understand is this is normal behavior for LE in Jackson and Hinds Co. SO.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But as the FSA also flees Jackson older surrounding cities like Peal, Clinton, Ridgeland, and Richland that were once safe havens for the middle class are now being turned over to the FSA which is predominantly black and crime is on the rise.

Many of the more professional LEO's are retiring and the younger officers with fewer years on the force are leaving for Rankin Co. SO, Madison Co. SO, Madison PD, Flowood PD, and Brandon PD.

JPD is just getting worse because most of the whites have left for the surrounding cities. There are a few hold outs mostly white neighborhoods off of Ridgewood Rd between Lakeland Dr and Old Canton Rd.

JPD also has it's own speshul academy so their officers don't even graduate from MLEOTA like other officers in the state.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sure, there are 1000s of the made daily. Not to exciting, let's see, would you like the elderly couple tire change footage, or the pushing lil old blue hair's broke down Buick out of the street? Or maybe waiting on AAA sitting behind a 19 yr old hippie's Audi on the interstate at 4 am because they're scared.
How about this, you make a request I'm sure that out of the arfcops we can come up with whatever your childish initiation can dream up.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:55:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The clenched buttcheeks and fleeing Bassett Hounds await!

View Quote

It's an off day, they will have another day.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:58:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She looks awfully happy for someone who is getting railroaded. She must have been thinking about the settlement.

That's the real crime.
Guilty, to the stockades with her.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:00:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
These days any cognizant law-abiding citizen fears the police more than criminal elements.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:03:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The cop who made the seizure is not competent to ID meth residue by sight. In the future, his opinion that he has seen meth residue will not constitute PC.
View Quote

Policy at work is to never ID anything by sight alone. If it can't be tested, or a test won't return something undeniably positive than whatever being investigated will go nowhere.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:10:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

What you don't ynderstand is this thread isn't about Jackson MS.
If you would care to read the post that started this, it stated that the poster was more scared of cops than thugs. It didn't mention which cops just used them in general. See below qoute.

Quoted:
These days any cognizant law-abiding citizen fears the police more than criminal elements.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:13:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

And therein lies the rub.

Sure there are thousands of good interactions every day,but if you happen to be one of the unlucky ones,your life could be screwed.

Your life could be turned upside down in an instant,and there is usually no real repercussions for those involved (not just the cop,but the DA,Judge that signed the warrant,etc..).

Sure it doesn't happen that much in the overall scheme of things,but it happens too much,imo.Yeah,this chick wasn't Susie soccer mom,but it's still shit deal.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:30:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Sure there are thousands of good interactions every day,but if you happen to be one of the unlucky ones,your life could be screwed.

Your life could be turned upside down in an instant,and there is usually no real repercussions for those involved (not just the cop,but the DA,Judge that signed the warrant,etc..).

Sure it doesn't happen that much in the overall scheme of things,but it happens too much,imo.Yeah,this chick wasn't Susie soccer mom,but it's still shit deal.
View Quote

Exactly and read my post about how I feel about that cop, his supervisors and their system.
Lots don't add up, was there a field test, where's the glass pipe? Etc etc etc
I've never claimed the system is perfect, I have never claimed there are no dirty cops.

I am amused by the childish behavior of watching a few videos and now believing that "These days any cognizant law-abiding citizen fears the police more than criminal elements."
That's pure stupidity or stems from someone that has been so sheltered that reality isn't in their grasp. No different than the white guilt protestors in Ferguson.
Or trolls.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Exactly and read my post about how I feel about that cop, his supervisors and their system.
I've never claimed the system is perfect, I have never claimed there are no dirty cops.

I am amused by the childish behavior of watching a few videos and now believing that "These days any cognizant law-abiding citizen fears the police more than criminal elements."
That's pure stupidity or stems from someone that has been so sheltered that reality isn't in their grasp. No different than the white guilt protestors in Ferguson.
Or trolls.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or trolls.

I read where you stood on this cop,and I don't remember ever reading you supporting any shitbag cops either.

I run a business and talk to a lot of people of all ages,and I definitely see the trend of a lot less trust in the police overall.Locally here we are good,but there was also a case a few years back where the cops tried to railroad some poor kid and his friend for murder-even made them confess (there has been a show on PBS about it).Just seems like the bad ones aren't getting weeded out.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:42:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I read where you stood on this cop,and I don't remember ever reading you supporting any shitbag cops either.

I run a business and talk to a lot of people of all ages,and I definitely see the trend of a lot less trust in the police overall.Locally here we are good,but there was also a case a few years back where the cops tried to railroad some poor kid and his friend for murder-even made them confess (there has been a show on PBS about it).Just seems like the bad ones aren't getting weeded out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or trolls.

I wish there was a simple fix, awhile back my dept tried to fire a co worker. It took almost 2 yrs of him being on paid admin for the Dept to give in and let him back to work. The city refused to fire him even though he was a huge liability. The stipulations were loss of rank, a 1 yr probabtion and going back through FTO phases. Within 6 months he had violated his probabtion but he was allowed to resign before the dept was able to fire him.
Both times he was arrested was by co workers. Good cops do not like dirty cops, it makes our job more dangerous. When this incident hit the news it was funny how so many bad mouthed the PD. Hell they were trying to can his sorry ass.
See my earlier post about a heavily edited video of myself I watched, hell from the commentary and heavy editing I was yelling fuck that POS pig, fuck da pooleece.

The part that I have issues with understanding is how someone can be so shallow minded that from watching a few edited videos or one sided news articles actually believe "These days any cognizant law-abiding citizen fears the police more than criminal elements."

Just think if your average cop let his emotions control his thought process like the few posters here. The average cop deals with way more POSs daily than there are videos of bad or rude cops posted. Just think if any cognizant cop felt that law abiding citizens are the criminal elements? I mean really, I deal with way more criminals on my shift and beat than I do with law abiding tax paying citizens.
So I guess you will be fine with me believing that all citizens are part of the criminal element?

Sounds really stupid and unprofessional of me now doesn't it. But that is exactly what a few posters in this thread are saying about cops.
The us vs them is extremely one sided. The majority of cops do their job without infringing on our Constitutional rights.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:57:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That's pure stupidity or stems from someone that has been so sheltered that reality isn't in their grasp. No different than the white guilt protestors in Ferguson.Or trolls.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's pure stupidity or stems from someone that has been so sheltered that reality isn't in their grasp. No different than the white guilt protestors in Ferguson.Or trolls.

I wouldn't go that far.  I can somewhat understand where that thinking comes from.  Luckily I live in a area where the cops are, for the most part, proffessional and try to do a good job for the community.  But I'm not naive enough to think that aren't departments out there that give their officers a little more creative license.  A bad cop having a bad day can ruin your life and the of your family.  A thug can do the same but at least you have the right to defend yourself from the thug.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I wouldn't go that far.  I can somewhat understand where that thinking comes from.  Luckily I live in a area where the cops are, for the most part, proffessional and try to do a good job for the community.  But I'm not naive enough to think that aren't departments out there that give their officers a little more creative license.  A bad cop having a bad day can ruin your life and the of your family.  A thug can do the same but at least you have the right to defend yourself from the thug.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So do you then somewhat understand if a police officer who deals with thugs all day long treats law abiding citizens as part of the criminal element? I'm sure your fine with that too, right?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:34:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I can speak with confidence that she has no criminal record of any kind....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can speak with confidence that she has no criminal record of any kind....

She does now.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Policy at work is to never ID anything by sight alone. If it can't be tested, or a test won't return something undeniably positive than whatever being investigated will go nowhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The cop who made the seizure is not competent to ID meth residue by sight. In the future, his opinion that he has seen meth residue will not constitute PC.

Meth cannot be verified as meth by sight alone, you can testify to a substance having the appearance of methamphetamine and then performing a presumptive test.   Depending on what kind of meth and coke you have you could very easily mistake one for the other (as in not knowing what you are looking at) as far as an ID in "residue" amounts such as in a straw or barrel of a cheap pen.    In my circuit we can make a positive identification of marijuana by examination without a presumptive test based on training and experience, but we still field test.    
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:57:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Or trolls.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or trolls.

If your trying to scare me...  It's working

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:06:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If your trying to scare me...  It's working

http://media0.giphy.com/media/WoYwgrfZP4yw8/giphy.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What did I do to you now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fucking finally.

What did I do to you now?

It was a joke.  I wasn't calling you a dumbass.

"Georgia's in Florida, dumbass!" is from the Mike Judge film, Idiocracy.

Not Sure was the name of the protagonist.

And now it isn't funny because I had to explain it...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

She was arrested July 2nd according o the link on page 1.   Her previous arrests include:
Violation of Probation on 11/30/2013  http://mugshot.company/booking/5792234/ASHLEY-HUFF
Theft by Shopliftng on 09/01/2013http://mugshot.company/booking/5453961/ASHLEY-HUFF
I don't think the media looked to hard for her previous arrests.  As wrong as the cops were, I don't think it derailed her immediate plans for finishing her masters degree.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
sizzler wrote: "you will be tied up, tossed in a vomit smeared back seat, then strip searched, have delousing agent sprayed on your splayed undercarriage, given orange pajamas and jelly flip-flops, and held in a cage for the next few days, weeks, months?"

Have I booked you in before?

If that's what someone gets for giving their real name I can understand why they wouldn't. It's like telling a dog to "come" and beating it when it does.

She was arrested July 2nd according o the link on page 1.   Her previous arrests include:
Violation of Probation on 11/30/2013  http://mugshot.company/booking/5792234/ASHLEY-HUFF
Theft by Shopliftng on 09/01/2013http://mugshot.company/booking/5453961/ASHLEY-HUFF
I don't think the media looked to hard for her previous arrests.  As wrong as the cops were, I don't think it derailed her immediate plans for finishing her masters degree.  

$1300?  My guess ....... jewelry thief

Pretty funny, sounds like her fellow jailbirds didn't even believe her stupid story.

tweeker

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

sizzler wrote: "you will be tied up, tossed in a vomit smeared back seat, then strip searched, have delousing agent sprayed on your splayed undercarriage, given orange pajamas and jelly flip-flops, and held in a cage for the next few days, weeks, months?"

If that's what someone gets for giving their real name I can understand why they wouldn't. It's like telling a dog to "come" and beating it when it does.

Prior arrest record really isn't the story.  I don't care.

Caring about her prior history is the kind of logic that gets us mistaken no-knock raids, declared successful, or excused, because they found a joint in the house.  It's the logic of "pre-crime".  The idea that even though a current use of force may not be appropriate we can always justify it IF only we look hard enough.  

So what if she didn't have meth on spoon... the arrest was okay because she wasn't a good person?  In a land of two much complexity, and too many laws, people are becoming uncomfortable with this line of reasoning.  Oh, and it's not the way our legal system is supposed to work.    

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Caring about her prior history is the kind of logic that gets us mistaken no-knock raids, declared successful, or excused, because they found a joint in the house.  It's the logic of "pre-crime".  The idea that even though a current use of force may not be appropriate we can always justify it IF only we look hard enough.  

So what if she didn't have meth on spoon... the arrest was okay because she wasn't a good person?  In a land of two much complexity, and too many laws, people are becoming uncomfortable with this line of reasoning.  Oh, and it's not the way our legal system is supposed to work.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read back a few pages about what I think of the arrest and how it was handled in comparison to how I handle this situations where I work.  
She has a criminal history, doesn't make the arrest ok, but my comment was more in line with her latest episode was handled incorrectly, but she does not appear to be the ideal citizen who just had their entire life's good work ruined either.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#38]
According to someone I know that works at GPD, the media has done their best to make GPD look bad.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
According to someone I know that works at GPD, the media has done their best to make GPD look bad.
View Quote

Those bastard reporters planting sauce covered spoons!

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There are far more details than the media is reporting...

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The mystery deepens.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/section/6/article/104678/

View Quote

Van Rossem, who was assigned Aug. 11 to Huff, began the process of a plea deal.

View Quote

"I think what the unfortunate part about her case is that she was probably willing to take the felony to close out her case so that she get out of jail, even though she always maintained innocence,” van Rossem said.

That's real justice for you.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if, on the initial arrest report now conveniently missing, the officer asserted "she sure looks like a tweaker" as the evidence he used to determine that a crime had been committed?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You can live like a king on your pension in the rural parts.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're moving to Georgia?

Yep.
You can live like a king on your pension in the rural parts.  

Just don't have any suspicious drug paraphernalia like spoons around.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Where? We do have some LEO outfits that have bad judgement from time to time. Read up on the joint drug task-force in N. Ga that killed that pastor and was involved in the toddler getting serious flashbang burns. I could say more about this but in general I give LEO's the benefit of the doubt as there's a lot out there that are good and don't suffer from JBT syndrome but we have a few troubled agencies down this way.

My local Co Sheirff runs a tight outfit and performed brilliant recently againt the 'sovereign citizen' fucktard trying to shoot up the courthouse. Meth is a problem down this way, like a lot of places, but another example in my mind to end the WoD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're moving to Georgia?

Yep.

Where? We do have some LEO outfits that have bad judgement from time to time. Read up on the joint drug task-force in N. Ga that killed that pastor and was involved in the toddler getting serious flashbang burns. I could say more about this but in general I give LEO's the benefit of the doubt as there's a lot out there that are good and don't suffer from JBT syndrome but we have a few troubled agencies down this way.

My local Co Sheirff runs a tight outfit and performed brilliant recently againt the 'sovereign citizen' fucktard trying to shoot up the courthouse. Meth is a problem down this way, like a lot of places, but another example in my mind to end the WoD.

I was honestly shocked it wasn't those asshats.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Really in the USA they arrest you for having a spoon in your car .

View Quote
JBTs gotta JBT

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:41:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
JBTs gotta JBT  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really in the USA they arrest you for having a spoon in your car .

JBTs gotta JBT  

Whatever keeps their dicks hard.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:22:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'd hit it.
View Quote

She'll steal your soul
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

10-4. Like most LEO. Totality of the circumstance. Just posted the original news report because some people were claiming there was no positive field test and she was "jailed" the entire time for "this" arrest. Don't know the totality of why that LEO made this arrest. Nobody does. The "story" is all over motherjones, dailykoz, DU, huffinpaint. freethoughtproject .... etc. The bloggers run it through their creative phonetag social media sites so many times they now claim the lab came back conclusive for spaghetti sauce (her story) instead of factually inconclusive of meth. (because it's so believable the thief eats out of a tin can with a spoon she "borrowed from a friend" in her bag with her name on it next to her pipe instead of using her EBT at 7-11 or mcdonalds). They're all neo liberal jailhouse lawyers. Everything is police misconduct. Like Occupy Op Ferguson and Occupy Sanford.

Pretty sure the FSA social justice bloggers want to set her up with Crump Crump Morgan and Morgan. She's looking for a lawyer now.

She wouldn't have been in jail or had any record if she went to her drug court hearing, called in, postponed it or didn't give a false name. Sounds like she got lucky the lab results were inconclusive. Isn't drug court program in Ga almost as old as Fl drug court from the 80s? Ever met a tweeker that didn't lie and steal other people's shit?

State gathering statistics on effectiveness of drug courts
Dennard has been clean more than three years. He has a job, and he's about to graduate from college. Dennard wants to become a drug counselor. He said he owes it all to drug court.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/state-gathering-statistics-effectiveness-drug-cour/nbpsD/

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:25:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Maybe she does have assets and it's because she is thrifty and invests her money instead of eating it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cop arrested her because he thought she was committing or had just committed a crime.

And the basis for this suspicion was the possession of a spoon in her car?

Sounds like wrongful arrest to me.

I am sure any asset forfeiture is moving forward though...

She was eating spaghetti o's in her car.  I doubt she has any assets.

Maybe she does have assets and it's because she is thrifty and invests her money instead of eating it.

She could have saved more money by eating raw salt instead
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top