BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 220
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Which is likely a good thing, since it also lets her flying-van injuries get addressed with real med people and equipment
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
it sounds like carol got hit by a car... that's how she ended up in the hospital with beth...

Which is likely a good thing, since it also lets her flying-van injuries get addressed with real med people and equipment

One doc with limited equipment
Not the treatment I'd be hoping for
Better than nothing I guess
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
it sounds like carol got hit by a car... that's how she ended up in the hospital with beth...

Well John Connor got a heart transplant in T4...and his
veterinarian wife performed the surgery to boot!  
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:25:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Beth needs to sing a song.

Next weeks TTD guess starts
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

looked like a shoulder dislocation...shouldn't be too hard to fix
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:14:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Did they hit carol on purpose? That episode was silly, could have been done completely different to further the story line and get more insight into how the hospital/dawn works. Rather than play catch up.

If you watch the van scene closely you will see the van should have landed on it's roof, at the very least on the front grill but it landed on the wheels? And they had no reason to do that anyway but not everybody thinks clear in a high adrenaline situation
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:49:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Did they hit carol on purpose? That episode was silly, could have been done completely different to further the story line and get more insight into how the hospital/dawn works. Rather than play catch up.

If you watch the van scene closely you will see the van should have landed on it's roof, at the very least on the front grill but it landed on the wheels? And they had no reason to do that anyway but not everybody thinks clear in a high adrenaline situation
View Quote

Would have been more exciting had Carol had a chance to run away from the car a bit. I believe they hit her on purpose so they can, weaken her, treat her and force her servitude for the treatment.

I was thinking the van would land on the grill and they'd be found unconscious. They'd take Carol thinking her to be weak and leave Daryl for the zeds, only to be found by Noah, hiding in the shadows and seeking help to get to Beth. Thus, forming the Daryl/Noah Alliance.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
2 years in, those zombies would be pretty rotten and squishy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I really did not like that fire truck scene.  

Hitting a zombie with water knocks it down and kills it?

Not all those zeds were two years old; some could've turned recently. Plus, I really HATED watching him waste all that water. That was dumb.

Another slowish episode but I get it; we're mounting for a big mid-season sendoff.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:36:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not all those zeds were two years old; some could've turned recently. Plus, I really HATED watching him waste all that water. That was dumb.

Another slowish episode but I get it; we're mounting for a big mid-season sendoff.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really did not like that fire truck scene.  

Hitting a zombie with water knocks it down and kills it?

Yup, how quick they forget they were just drinking tolet water
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 4:04:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I liked this episode.  I liked the theme music throughout and the building relationship between Daryl and Carol.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Would have been more exciting had Carol had a chance to run away from the car a bit. I believe they hit her on purpose so they can, weaken her, treat her and force her servitude for the treatment.

I was thinking the van would land on the grill and they'd be found unconscious. They'd take Carol thinking her to be weak and leave Daryl for the zeds, only to be found by Noah, hiding in the shadows and seeking help to get to Beth. Thus, forming the Daryl/Noah Alliance.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was wondering if they would be better off landing on the grill vs landing on the tires. The van was designed to survive front end collisions, you have the seal belt and air bags. Landing on the wheels I could see a lot of back/neck injuries once the suspension reached it's limit.

but the van should have hit on the grill then roll forward onto the roof

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was wondering if they would be better off landing on the grill vs landing on the tires. The van was designed to survive front end collisions, you have the seal belt and air bags. Landing on the wheels I could see a lot of back/neck injuries once the suspension reached it's limit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Airbags require electricity, you're making the assumption they had the keys AND a good battery.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 5:19:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Airbags require electricity, you're making the assumption they had the keys AND a good battery.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Daryl's airbag went off.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 5:20:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Daryl's airbag went off.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Daryl's airbag went off.  
missed that, my bad
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 5:24:15 PM EDT
[#15]
You sure it hadn't already deployed from the impact on the bridge??
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I told you all Atlanta has shitty drivers.
View Quote

And I'm heading there on Saturday......
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They (D and C) need to fail at this so they can go back and get help from Rick and the rest of the crew.  

Otherwise, we are going to be left watching Rick's group chasing after Abe's group (who is now running under very different rules than they were before they left.)  Rick will have a very hard time finding them since a) they got sabotaged and are off track b) they may not be going where Rick thinks they are going.

Not every episode can be a Governor at the Prison battle you know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know anything about the comic books, but as far as that episode for the show, all of that was junk.  They could have had Daryl and carol not run out of gas, follow copper to hospital, scout, witness Beth's attempted escape, help Noah fight through zombies and learn about him and the hospital, maintaining a constant line of new story/dialogue regarding the storyline at hand, and action, THEN at the end on their way to get rick, carol gets hit by a car and captured.

Instead we got useless flashbacks, wandering around, pointless dialogue, and meet Noah in such a way as to not allow any dialogue until the last 30 seconds.

Worst episode of the season id say
They (D and C) need to fail at this so they can go back and get help from Rick and the rest of the crew.  

Otherwise, we are going to be left watching Rick's group chasing after Abe's group (who is now running under very different rules than they were before they left.)  Rick will have a very hard time finding them since a) they got sabotaged and are off track b) they may not be going where Rick thinks they are going.

I'm guessing that Abe's group is going to get forced back towards Rick.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even without a drivetrain in it (they said on TD that the engine was removed) the van would still nosedive from that angle - they probably pushed that one off & then dropped a different one from a crane to get it to land that way.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:05:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know anything about the comic books, but as far as that episode for the show, all of that was junk.  They could have had Daryl and carol not run out of gas, follow copper to hospital, scout, witness Beth's attempted escape, help Noah fight through zombies and learn about him and the hospital, maintaining a constant line of new story/dialogue regarding the storyline at hand, and action, THEN at the end on their way to get rick, carol gets hit by a car and captured.

Instead we got useless flashbacks, wandering around, pointless dialogue, and meet Noah in such a way as to not allow any dialogue until the last 30 seconds.

That reminds me of season 1 when Rick & grp was in the city getting Merle and Shanes grp got over run.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That reminds me of season 1 when Rick & grp was in the city getting Merle and Shanes grp got over run.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If only they'd remember that they could just cover themselves in zombie guts and body armor and just walk unharmed through the sea of walkers.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Overall I liked the episode. One thing that bugged me was that they are in an urban setting and fire guns multiple times in the same area but  they don't appear to draw a huge swarm. I would have expected Carol firing a pistol and then Noah firing a rifle a short time later to have drawn everything in ear shot. I also didn't like how Carol and Daryl just stuck their weapons through that door way and then just started crawling through without trying to check first. I can't buy being that dumb over a year into the end of the world.

I think they did have to take the short way off the overpass. The van was unstable when they were in it before. Now they have a bunch of walkers banging on the rear end of it and leaning on it. Better to take the fall when you are as ready as you are going to be rather then having it fall unexpectedly.

Going back to the thing with the fire hose in an earlier episode, I thought it was believable enough. I have heard a fire hose can hit with a surprising amount of force. Which is why it was used as an anti riot weapon years ago but no longer is (in the US).
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Overall I liked the episode. One thing that bugged me was that they are in an urban setting and fire guns multiple times in the same area but  they don't appear to draw a huge swarm. I would have expected Carol firing a pistol and then Noah firing a rifle a short time later to have drawn everything in ear shot. I also didn't like how Carol and Daryl just stuck their weapons through that door way and then just started crawling through without trying to check first. I can't buy being that dumb over a year into the end of the world.

I think they did have to take the short way off the overpass. The van was unstable when they were in it before. Now they have a bunch of walkers banging on the rear end of it and leaning on it. Better to take the fall when you are as ready as you are going to be rather then having it fall unexpectedly.

Going back to the thing with the fire hose in an earlier episode, I thought it was believable enough. I have heard a fire hose can hit with a surprising amount of force. Which is why it was used as an anti riot weapon years ago but no longer is (in the US).
View Quote

I get the impression that the city is not very populated with walkers anymore.  They said the city was firebombed, many of the walkers herded and followed the helicopter which eventually led to the farm and of course there is the million heads of walkers out in the distance that stopped Abrahams roll north.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:14:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am going to give an out for the writers on this one, if you see them use this then you know they are reading this thread.

In a big city it would be hard to nail down the exact origin of a loud noise. The sound would be bouncing off the other buildings, echoes, etc, so a critter running on very basic brain capacity (eg; Walker) would more than likely get confused.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:19:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Plus Maggots and other insects would turn them into European mounts in no time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anybody have a theory on the walkers' sometimes odd behavior?  Last night's herd, for example.  Other episodes have shown large or small groups of walkers all moving together, as if they're headed somewhere.  ???

Weve seen helicopters cause them to shamble in a direction following the noise.  

In this case the giant blockade of walkers was likely a large camp/safe haven/etc. that got overrun.

We really know very little about walkers over the course of the show.  The Governor had four eyes poking them and prodding them and trying things on them.  It almost got him killed...but at least someone was trying to experiment.  All we really know is that its a virus everyone has, you turn rather quickly after you expire, and despite complete lack of limbs/organs/etc. they can continue movement and continue to bite you.  Damage to the brain kills them...yet they dont appear to use the brain for much.  They dont appear to need to eat flesh...they just do it.  We know the same things weve known since season 2-3.

The question is what keeps the limbs able to move despite serious decomposition?  Almost every walker you see should barely have the ability to crawl let alone walk and walk for miles.

Plus Maggots and other insects would turn them into European mounts in no time.
Wheres the roaming packs of wild dogs chowing down on walkers?

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:27:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

The fire engine scene was horrible.  The truck is not sitting there under pressure, the engine generates the pressure by powering the pump.  No engine, no pressure.  Truck had already stalled when he opened up the nozzle.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:37:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
The fire engine scene was horrible.  The truck is not sitting there under pressure, the engine generates the pressure by powering the pump.  No engine, no pressure.  Truck had already stalled when he opened up the nozzle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Its a show about zombies. And Magic Firetrucks.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

It can, but you need to turn on the pump & crank up the pressure.
That what the step in the middle is;

A deck gun firing at full force is strong enough to knock you off your feet & wash you down the road.
It will also leave a mark...
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I get the impression that the city is not very populated with walkers anymore.  They said the city was firebombed, many of the walkers herded and followed the helicopter which eventually led to the farm and of course there is the million heads of walkers out in the distance that stopped Abrahams roll north.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Firebombing doesn't make sense - in season 1 it was completely intact with thousands of walkers.
Seems like it was just convenient for the writers to make a change for this season.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:58:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They could have handled the episode a lot differently
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Firebombing doesn't make sense - in season 1 it was completely intact with thousands of walkers.

Seems like it was just convenient for the writers to make a change for this season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They said it was firebombed, it was after season 1 that it happened

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I like yvette.  Picking up on the minutia and getting in the director's head is something I've never been very good about.
View Quote

Her treatise on the smoke and fire symbolism was the most profound thing ever aired on TTD. I noticed the recurring theme but didn't pick up on how the dialogue tied in. Props to her. I'd like a copy of her notes.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:32:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate it when zombie shows don't show things like they really are.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:49:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Me no like plot.  Me only like action movies.  Why no action?  Grunt, grunt.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:12:29 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I liked this episode.  I liked the theme music throughout and the building relationship between Daryl and Carol.
View Quote

agreed--really well done.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 8:49:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:50:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Seems like it's

Click To View Spoiler

As always, I could be wrong.
Click To View Spoiler

that's right, TWO spoiler tags. It's spoilerlicious!
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:46:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Seems like it's

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#38]

LOL
that isn't even from the Walking Dead, it from the Following and is in the filename
LOL
also hair, no scars

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

LOL

that isn't even from the Walking Dead, it from the Following and is in the filename

LOL

also hair, no scars

View All Quotes
Quoted:

LOL

LOL

also hair, no scars

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:25:54 PM EDT
[#40]
this show is shit. we've gone from the 1st two episodes this season which were actually good to this fucking crap. I don't think I'll be hanging onto this show much longer.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:31:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

What gov't force was still in play by the end of season one to do any firebombing?
They showed the destruction of the city in a flashback with Shane and the season one refugees fleeing the city before Rick found them
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Seems like it's

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

Helluva buildup

The Walking Dead (TV Series)

Carol Peletier

- Episode #5.16 (2015) ... Carol Peletier

- Episode #5.15 (2015) ... Carol Peletier

- Episode #5.14 (2015) ... Carol Peletier

- Episode #5.13 (2015) ... Carol Peletier

- Episode #5.12 (2015) ... Carol Peletier

- Episode #5.11 (2015) ... Carol Peletier

- Episode #5.10 (2015) ... Carol Peletier

- Episode #5.9 (2015) ... Carol Peletier

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:41:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
this show is shit. we've gone from the 1st two episodes this season which were actually good to this fucking crap. I don't think I'll be hanging onto this show much longer.
View Quote

There's always....

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:43:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Helluva buildup
Carol Peletier

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seems like it's

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Helluva buildup
Carol Peletier

Out of curiosity, have they telegraphed their big deaths before? Plus don't forget the flashbacks.

Guess no spoiler tag was needed.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#45]
SCENE STARTS:
The lead and a group of friends are vacationing on the coast. this is the start of the outbreak, people running, trying to escape the city. after seeing the chaos, and the traffic jams that will happen, they all grab canoes and kayaks after raiding a local camping store on the boardwalk for supplies. "camping and fishing gear"
they paddle down the coast to find a beach that is surrounding by high cliffs and has a freshwater river feeding into the ocean.
this looks like a naturally secure place with a good amount of room to make a base camp.

Flash fwd a few months...

More people have shown up and are living a decent life with plenty of food and water and good weather. or so they thought....
While on lookout over one of the cliffs, they spot a cruise ship drifting by, they can see on the deck hundreds of walkers.
while watching it pass buy one of them notices the water in the bay suddenly empting... They scream down to the can for everyone to run, TSUNAMI!.. but thats not the worst of it... the wave pushes the the ship into the once calm bay and flips it on its side dumping the horde all over the beach.....
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Right? Watching a show about the Zompoc, screaming "Thats bullshit, that can't happen, thats not real"  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
riiiight....landing on the wheels

yet you are willing to believe in zombies
Right? Watching a show about the Zompoc, screaming "Thats bullshit, that can't happen, thats not real"  

I have more of a problem with the way they shot it.  If you watch it again, the van was clearly about to over-travel its center of gravity, causing it to land on the roof.  However, it magically fell the other way and landed square, like a cat.

If they wanted to make it land square, they should have shot it differently, having the van slide more and maybe clip something with its front bumper on the way down.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:06:17 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

What gov't force was still in play by the end of season one to do any firebombing?

They showed the destruction of the city in a flashback with Shane and the season one refugees fleeing the city before Rick found them
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

season 2 episode 5

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
SCENE STARTS:
The lead and a group of friends are vacationing on the coast. this is the start of the outbreak, people running, trying to escape the city. after seeing the chaos, and the traffic jams that will happen, they all grab canoes and kayaks after raiding a local camping store on the boardwalk for supplies. "camping and fishing gear"
they paddle down the coast to find a beach that is surrounding by high cliffs and has a freshwater river feeding into the ocean.
this looks like a naturally secure place with a good amount of room to make a base camp.

Flash fwd a few months...

More people have shown up and are living a decent life with plenty of food and water and good weather. or so they thought....
While on lookout over one of the cliffs, they spot a cruise ship drifting by, they can see on the deck hundreds of walkers.
while watching it pass buy one of them notices the water in the bay suddenly empting... They scream down to the can for everyone to run, TSUNAMI!.. but thats not the worst of it... the wave pushes the the ship into the once calm bay and flips it on its side dumping the horde all over the beach.....
View Quote

Wheres that from? You just make it up?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I have more of a problem with the way they shot it.  If you watch it again, the van was clearly about to over-travel its center of gravity, causing it to land on the roof.  However, it magically fell the other way and landed square, like a cat.

If they wanted to make it land square, they should have shot it differently, having the van slide more and maybe clip something with its front bumper on the way down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
riiiight....landing on the wheels

yet you are willing to believe in zombies

And yet, Zombies are real.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Amazing how the city went from being overrun with walkers to having hardly any & they ended up in the exact same building on the exact same floor as the idiot.
View Quote

A couple seasons ago they showed a helicopter fly over, and a large walker herd left the city to follow the noise.
Page / 220
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top