Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 220
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone else notice that the car with the white cross, driven by whoever "has Beth" was a dark blue late model Chrysler 300?

When she was abducted it was a 30 year old baby blue Cadillac.

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b489/trbrst/f82ebdff6e82a36bc778e0ca18a0a546_zps43d000af.jpg
View Quote

Um, that's because they're two different cars. Try to keep up.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:07:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Oh, what about when Gareth said "it is almost a kind of cosmic justice for it to be you"... I cant think of any reason why that would be the case unless these two knew about one another.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone get the feeling the Hunters knew Bob before he joined Rick's group? Since Bob talked about the previous groups he was with didn't work out. I just rewatched the Hunter's speech, and it gives me that vibe.

That's what I thought too.

Oh, what about when Gareth said "it is almost a kind of cosmic justice for it to be you"... I cant think of any reason why that would be the case unless these two knew about one another.

Did you actually listen to the conversation? He spoke about how Ricks group had ruined terminus and drove them into the woods to be hunters. The cosmic justice was simply that Bob was a member of the group that forced them into that situation.

The only personal stuff that that he and Bob had a conversation at the bleeding trough.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So how much time has passed since the outbreak now?
View Quote

I'd say it has to be close to two years.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So, wading in water, full of infectious substances..Good job..you'll all be zombies soon.
View Quote

underwater walkers & the women will get infections
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:10:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Absolutely the hunter said they knew him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone get the feeling the Hunters knew Bob before he joined Rick's group? Since Bob talked about the previous groups he was with didn't work out. I just rewatched the Hunter's speech, and it gives me that vibe.

Absolutely the hunter said they knew him.

You guys drink while watching the show don't you?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm thinking Bob got bit on his leg...
View Quote

I agree.  If not the leg then somewhere else.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I knew they should have finished the job at Terminus.  

Unfinished work has a way of coming back and biting you in the butt.

I knew we would see them again, just didn't think it would be this soon though.
View Quote

Carl & Bob agrees with you
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#8]
That was so messed up when they started eating Bob in front of him I knew when he started getting all cutesy with that girl that something bad was going to happen to Bob.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That was so messed up when they started eating Bob in front of him I knew when he started getting all cutesy with that girl that something bad was going to happen to Bob.
View Quote

but the thing that really bugged me was that he was in no pain. Terminus guy couldn't have drugged him before
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:38:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Bob had just gotten a leg up on the world.  Now this!!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:47:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Poor Lucky Gene
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maggie gets turned over to the other team?

Ill allow it!!!!

Poor Lucky Gene

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:48:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They hate it so much that they can't miss an episode.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm thinking Bob got bit on his leg...
He would already have the fever

Why are you even expecting the writers to treat the story with any sense of logical continuity?

If they want Bob to be bit so they can have him turn at some opportune time in the termite camp to trigger some escape or somesuch they will do so.  When have they not set up convoluted or nonsensical plot intersections for just that sort of thing?  Did anyone really expect Glenn, Darryl or Rick to get their throats slit last episode?  Were you surprised that Carol explodes the gas tank at just the right time?

Bob's role in the script is to give the fan's the illusion that anyone can die at any time, even though that's not really true. He's really just a red shirt beaming down with Kirk, Spock and Bones.

And does anyone really care about what the preacher's secret really is? He locks himself in the church to save himself leaving his congregation outside to the wolves, maybe?  Is that really compelling?  It's a year and half after the fall and he's still walking around in his white collar?

Why do you keep watching such a poorly written show??.  You seem to have everything figured out and there are no surprises for you what is the point of even turning it on??.

They hate it so much that they can't miss an episode.

There is a middle ground between not watching and fapping to how groundbreaking and totally awesome it is to see zombies on TV on a weekly basis. Sorry you think your cow is so sacred.

Why not just put me on ignore? I can vent about a show that I like but that could be so much better and you can reach for more lube without breaking your concentration.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

that is what I think.

The drinking and the breakdowns are due to guilt over being part of the cannibal group.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:57:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

that is what I think.

The drinking and the breakdowns are due to guilt over being part of the cannibal group.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that is what I think.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I definitely got the vibe that bob and Gareth knew each other.  The no pain in the leg thing had me going. I feel like bob knew those guys before they were cannibals but still doesn't explain why he would walk back into terminus
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I definitely got the vibe that bob and Gareth knew each other.  The no pain in the leg thing had me going. I feel like bob knew those guys before they were cannibals but still doesn't explain why he would walk back into terminus
View Quote

He could have known them before they were at Terminus.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

that is what I think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

that is what I think.

I was on the fence about that connection until this post. Now I believe...

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:22:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't think Bob new them from before, but if he did, it could have been about the time it was taken over from the people that were torturing the termites.

I think the coincidence that Garreth spoke about was that Bob was the one that was trying to talk them out of killing and eating people. But I could be wrong. I personally believe the guilt is just that he survived period. I don't think he would lead his new group into the cannibals. And if he had been there before they were cannibals, he would have mentioned having been there before.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:22:17 PM EDT
[#19]
If this is like the comic, Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:26:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

That's what I think

He was about to off himself because he knew he was on the verge of turning
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I vote tainted meat. bob was acting like he had a hidden bite.

That's what I think

He was about to off himself because he knew he was on the verge of turning

The wife and I have a theory the Bob is immune, and that's why he's survived so many incidents where his whole group was wiped out. He could be totally INFESTED. He only seems to give sasha pecks, not actual kisses. Maybe he knows he can't be with her or he'll kill her. And maybe he knows because it happened before, hence his guilt about his past.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Anyone else notice that the car with the white cross, driven by whoever "has Beth" was a dark blue late model Chrysler 300?

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b489/trbrst/f82ebdff6e82a36bc778e0ca18a0a546_zps43d000af.jpg
View Quote

No, but I did notice it was a dark blue Dodge Magnum.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:30:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If this is like the comic, Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:36:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote
Bob was a conflicted "honeypot" from Terminus who was sent out to lure groups, but because of his apparent closeness to the new meat was deemed

a traitor and served up for BBQ?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At first I thought that. Then I remembered the story the writers are trying to push, terminus was once a safe haven, then they were turned evil by maurader occupation. The abuse being so bad it turned them into monsters.

Sounds like they were at terminus for a long time, possibly since early in the zombie apocalypse.  Bob likely hadnt been at terminus before they went all cannibal, or else he would have spoken up at some point during the walk there.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:43:59 PM EDT
[#25]
They really , really need Night Vision .

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There is a middle ground between not watching and fapping to how groundbreaking and totally awesome it is to see zombies on TV on a weekly basis. Sorry you think your cow is so sacred.

Why not just put me on ignore? I can vent about a show that I like but that could be so much better and you can reach for more lube without breaking your concentration.
View Quote

[DK-Prof] lol [/DK-Prof]

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#27]
When is that other guy going to appear, the one they met in that town a few seasons back?  He was shown at the end of the last episode from last week.  You think he will appear and pick off some of the Terminus bunch?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

At least the network got the heat sig part right.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:57:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

At least Glenn found three new cans.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#30]
I think the only relationship Bob has with the hunters is that he was in a cattle car.  They seem to talk to everyone, that must be how they know him.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

After that dude watching them I was waiting for someone to get head shoted anytime they showed them walking and talking.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
about 1.5 years they said on the talking dead

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Feels much longer than that.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:59:08 PM EDT
[#33]
I think ya'll are r axing way into this Bob guy. He's just the token black guy. Honestly, I'm surprised he's lasted this long.

Quoted:

You guys drink while watching the show don't you?
View Quote

With all the dumb shit I've read in GD I just assumed everyone was drinking.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:04:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Nobody in the group was on sentry duty while they were eating and drinking?

How the heck do you let Carol and Daryl just wonder off AWOL?

No light or noise discipline whatsoever. No attempt to even black out the church windows.

Why on earth don't they have radios? How hard can it be to get your hands on some decent comms during the zombie apocalypse and batteries?

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Did anyone else totally forget about Beth, until they mentioned her in this episode?

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No light or noise discipline whatsoever. No attempt to even black out the church windows.

Why on earth don't they have radios? How hard can it be to get your hands on some decent comms during the zombie apocalypse and batteries?

View Quote

Terminus had some (comms) I'd think it would have been worth it to go back for that reason alone.

But then again this is the same group that things the grand plan is to march into an area with a population of around 6,OOO,OOO likely walkers.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Did anyone else totally forget about Beth, until they mentioned her in this episode?

View Quote

at least they could've showed her in the wambulance backglass
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:52:54 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

yeah noticed that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah noticed that.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would have if people here hadn't been talking about her.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:00:10 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
No one in Rick's group thought sharp sticks through the skull from the safety of the first floor would be a good idea?

And the priest freaks out a' la corny horror movie convention and runs off from behind the defensive lines?

Oh, duh, what could be bubbling underwater right in front of me?

For every step forward this show takes it takes two (or three) steps back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

stupid plan

No one in Rick's group thought sharp sticks through the skull from the safety of the first floor would be a good idea?

And the priest freaks out a' la corny horror movie convention and runs off from behind the defensive lines?

Oh, duh, what could be bubbling underwater right in front of me?

For every step forward this show takes it takes two (or three) steps back.
This is exactly what I told my son...

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:02:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Osprey 45 and a YHM titanium 762...looked qd though.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

$10 says they successfully use them with duct tape and no baffle strikes.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

But...but...but...

What do you mean?  Did they take the sticker off one car and put it on another?

Or

Maybe it is the same sticker used on a fleet of vehicles.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:20:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
But...but...but...   What do you mean?  Did they take the sticker off one car and put it on another?

Or

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But...but...but...   What do you mean?  Did they take the sticker off one car and put it on another?

Or

I know, right? It boggles the mind!

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Or

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or

It's almost like those cars belong to a medical clinic & are all marked the same...
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Another byproduct of Rick's fucked up "leadership". Should have gone back in to finish the job and recover weapons. Now look at what you have to clean up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Uh oh. The Terminus group is back.

Another byproduct of Rick's fucked up "leadership". Should have gone back in to finish the job and recover weapons. Now look at what you have to clean up.

How is that his fault?  He wanted to go back and finish things but the group didn't/wouldn't.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:15:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Or

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or

Maybe that's how Georgia cops mark vehicles they see sitting too long at a local bar.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

How is that his fault?  He wanted to go back and finish things but the group didn't/wouldn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Uh oh. The Terminus group is back.

He wanted to finish them before he found out Judith was still alive. There's probably a few reasons that would come into play as to his decision.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Thanks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

I agree, I wouldn't put it any longer than 2 years myself

I think Corals growth spurts makes it seem like more time has passed

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Terminus had some (comms) I'd think it would have been worth it to go back for that reason alone.

But then again this is the same group that things the grand plan is to march into an area with a population of around 6,OOO,OOO likely walkers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, the Terminus group definitely was better organized than Rick's.  They even came up with the idea of using fireworks as a way to draw off zombie herds that could gather in strength at their fence line. Plus, they had scouts and sentries positioned, which Rick's group even when at risk by the Governor never seemed to have. The Terminus group used good comms as well to coordinate their round-up and seemed like they really had their stuff together in terms of logistics (counting ammo expended and so forth).  Obviously, the Terminus group wasn't that well put together, but far better than Rick's band of merry survivors.

As far as going into D.C. I'd want some kind of communication verification that they were there before I entered that city.  Operating on Faith alone would be really difficult for me especially based on the word of one stranger.  I'd want to see some government ID or something this guy had on him that would back up his story at all at the very least.  

What they know about D.C. they learned from the two east coast guys they shot in the bar in the Second Season and that is that D.C. was set up as a refugee center like Atlanta and fell.  That means that the place was probably just jammed packed with people so now you've got a ton of zombies in that AO.  It would be one thing if they had armored heavy vehicles and heavy weapons with some kind of ability to scout by air, but they've got none of that.  I mean maybe approach by sea up the Delaware and see what you can find from the safety of the water, but just walking in there or driving in there with the church short bus is insane.

If they're really going to go into D.C. they need to be ready for an all out war with the Walkers.  Explosives, the whole nine yards. I don't think they're going to be able to just ninja that one.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#50]
I don't know what it is, but something about the actor playing Gabriel rubs me the wrong way.  He was annoying as fuck in OZ on HBO.  He somewhat redeemed himself in The Wire.
Page / 220
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top