Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 220
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Honestly, I would be pissed if I lived there, they are pretty nice houses. The townhomes are over a million.

http://activerain.trulia.com/states/GA/cities/Senoia/communities/Gin%20Property
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh Ok, I get what your saying. I didn't fully get it the first time.  

Quoted:
Well, now that makes a whole heck of a lot more sense.

Honestly, I would be pissed if I lived there, they are pretty nice houses. The townhomes are over a million.

http://activerain.trulia.com/states/GA/cities/Senoia/communities/Gin%20Property

Gahhh what some people pay for such little space....
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Re: The braces being on the outside.  I just assumed that the original group that put them up only thought about protecting themselves from unintelligent zombie hordes,  ie keeping the zombies out while keeping the appearance of a normal society on the inside.  It's like they couldn't imagine the real threat being humans that survived.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Which way will Sasha roll?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. It is around 6,000 sq ft, the houses are between $350,000 and $700,000.

eta: here it is on google maps, you can see the wall.

google.com/maps/place/Senoia,+GA/@33.2984967,-84.5558514,354m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x88f494d20e537db9:0x336ad364a4496b0e
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I think they should had let the baby be killed off also. They could have just left the empty baby seat and left it to the imagination if she got ate or someone else carried her off.

I don't think the show is going to be tv long enough to have the Judith turn into any type of viable character other than crying at bad moments unless they're going to do some year/two year later time jumps.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The baby needs to go. And same with the one on Archer. No babies.

I think they should had let the baby be killed off also. They could have just left the empty baby seat and left it to the imagination if she got ate or someone else carried her off.

I don't think the show is going to be tv long enough to have the Judith turn into any type of viable character other than crying at bad moments unless they're going to do some year/two year later time jumps.

Yep, I would have liked that, the empty baby seat being the last stage. Then there would always be hope, yada yada.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:11:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it just me or is Carol the MFing shit now and Gene sucks balls?

Carol stopped at the CIA farm and took lessons in Virginia while the
others slept. Daryl lost a step, Abraham is still a bad mofo. NewGene
is gonna start pulling his fucking weight, shit is gonna hit the fan
son......time to man up. Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:13:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The back to back Hollywood agenda episodes, first gays, now no guns for "safety" is pissing me off.  Can't we just have story driven shows without the Hollywood bullshit agenda?
View Quote

both were in the comic before it was "hollywood"
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

google.com/maps/place/Senoia,+GA/@33.2984967,-84.5558514,354m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x88f494d20e537db9:0x336ad364a4496b0e
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The square footage is indeed nice, but I could never picture myself paying $1 mil for such a small footprint.

A 5,000 square foot home on a 300 acre ranch? Now that's something I could pay a million for.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:03:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
carol is a former abused housewife who has practically no training, so failure to observe scrupulously proper weapon handling is exactly what we'd expect from her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If I recall right, Carol threw her loaded Ar in the big gun wheel barrow without dropping the mag or checking it at all, for an example of something dumb that happened tonight.

carol is a former abused housewife who has practically no training, so failure to observe scrupulously proper weapon handling is exactly what we'd expect from her.

You forget Shane taught them all how to shoot so now they are all SWAT trained Operators who can make 50 yard head shots on the run with a moving target.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#11]
It looks to me like the congressman lady knows whats up and isn’t saying ... she is sending Sasha out the gate with a box of ammo in the preview... got to be to snipe someone.
Id say next show the threat will be revealed.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:47:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone else notice a lack of non-whites in the new community? Given we haven't seen everyone yet but it did kinda stick out to me.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Why did my last post get edited?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

It looks to me like the congressman lady knows whats up and isn’t saying ... she is sending Sasha out the gate with a box of ammo in the preview... got to be to snipe someone.

Id say next show the threat will be revealed.
View Quote

Sasha is filling the role of Andrea in the comics in the safe zone.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Carl's new Job
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:50:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Was it a spoiler?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I think RollTide10R means that it is a real life neighborhood. Based on some of the newspaper articles, it could be there for a couple of years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you all are overthinking the braces. It's a real subdivision, with real people living in it. I find it hard to believe that none of them would have a problem with massive braces sticking out in their yards.
I know I would, Unless its purpose was to protect me from hordes of zombies who want to eat my brains. I mean, its common sense to want to protect the foundation of any structure. I mean, braces are their to support the structure. If a horde of zombie put pressure on the braces, the braces could be pushed down. Which would leave the wall unsupported. I mean, you could be absolutely right, it could of been an aesthetic choice. The designer of them was an architect. When designing something for a home or building aesthetic is very important. If you want people to enjoy the aesthetic of their compound it would seem that braces on the exterior make a lot of sense. Not only for aesthetic but for purpose against zombies as well as mentioned earlier in terms of tensional vs compressional forces.  

I think RollTide10R means that it is a real life neighborhood. Based on some of the newspaper articles, it could be there for a couple of years.

And I guarantee the residents are getting well compensated.

Hell...my sister lives in the neighborhood that they film Resurection in. When they park on her cul de sac to do shoots, she gets $250/day for them to be there. It's not even an inconvenience for her.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Carol went SERE training on Diana when she wanted to video the interoga....er....interview.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Carol went SERE training on Diana when she wanted to video the interoga....er....interview.

Daryl: "You look ridiculous"

Quoted:
Quoted:
Last night was definitely the best episode of the season so far.  I'm glad the plot is getting interesting again.

I've come to really admire Carol.  Her " I want to join the Junior League" ruse is brilliant.  
Yeah, and the line about her missing her husband. I lol'd. She's awesome.  

For 49, she's pretty hot (I'm 58 so I can say that ).

The short hair works good for her.   Not many woman can pull it off and still look desirable.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Was it a spoiler?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was it a spoiler?

Could of been by mistake.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:26:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Excellent episode, if you've READ THE COMIC.

Definitely a lot of "culture shock" on the part of the group, seeing things they've thought were long gone.

A smart move by the Congresscritter wanting the group in, they are EXTREMELY insulated and naive; more of that to come.

Don't worry too much about the group being dis-armed, more on that later, too.

Carol is by far my favorite character; she is so freaking hard-core it ain't even funny.....well, it IS kind of funny, sometimes.

The speculation about that ijit girl is amazing; everybody is talking about it, everywhere. Bunch of people at work been bugging
me all day about it.

All of you fair weather fans of this show need to acquire some patience. Y'all are more annoying than a bunch of kids on a road trip.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
And I guarantee the residents are getting well compensated.

Hell...my sister lives in the neighborhood that they film Resurection in. When they park on her cul de sac to do shoots, she gets $250/day for them to be there. It's not even an inconvenience for her.

View Quote

eta: They are being paid.

The wall isn't on their property. It is possible they are paid when the streets are used. Pinewood Studios just announced they are going to build 700+ apartments, some single-family houses and a hotel on studio property. It will be interesting to see how much that is used in future productions.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:34:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:42:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The short hair works good for her.   Not many woman can pull it off and still look desirable.

http://i.imgur.com/j2JdtOe.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Last night was definitely the best episode of the season so far.  I'm glad the plot is getting interesting again.

I've come to really admire Carol.  Her " I want to join the Junior League" ruse is brilliant.  

http://i.imgur.com/j2JdtOe.jpg

Those blue eyes...
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:47:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The owls are not what they seem...  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I haven't been able to read all the latest pages, any thoughts on the owl references? ...

The owls are not what they seem...  

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:59:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Now that's a meme.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Did you notice when they were turning their weapons in Carol was having a hard time unslinging  her weapon like she was not familiar with it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you notice when they were turning their weapons in Carol was having a hard time unslinging  her weapon like she was not familiar with it.

She was struggling so badly, I thought she was accidentally going to shoot the chubby girl with glasses who's job it was to push the cart.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:07:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The turning in of the weapons ruined the entire episode for me.
View Quote

Seriously, in the zombie apocalypse who would institute not to mention obey, such blatant BS?

"I'm sorry, Senator Feinstein JR, our group's last permanent home was a high security prison that makes this place look like it's made of Lincoln Logs.  It was attacked by a TANK.  You have no concept of what the world out there is like and you're still gargling that bullshit line that no guns makes you safe.  Sorry, honey, that was a line of crap then and it's outright suicide now."
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:08:21 PM EDT
[#28]
How is the congresswoman maintaining control?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:13:01 PM EDT
[#29]
How will they / the show handle the young teenage sex ... because you know Carl is going to smash it
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:17:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Definitely a lot of "culture shock" on the part of the group, seeing things they've thought were long gone.

A smart move by the Congresscritter wanting the group in, they are EXTREMELY insulated and naive; more of that to come.

Carol is by far my favorite character; she is so freaking hard-core it ain't even funny.....well, it IS kind of funny, sometimes.

The speculation about that ijit girl is amazing; everybody is talking about it, everywhere. Bunch of people at work been bugging
me all day about it.

All of you fair weather fans of this show need to acquire some patience. Y'all are more annoying than a bunch of kids on a road trip.
View Quote

are we there yet?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:18:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Who took Rick's Glock?
View Quote

Someone who's name starts with 'J'?  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:20:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wonder how she expelled the three she mentioned.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:22:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Best episode in a while.  Great job of making us feel the tension of this *safe haven* that they just can't get comfortable in.  

The way Rick and Carl looked at each other after they killed the walkers was superb.  Honestly, it struck me as a *THIS is who we are now......and we like it* moment.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:23:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Best episode in a long time
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:28:44 PM EDT
[#35]
I don't think the "give up your guns" things is as big a deal as GD is making it out to be. Granted this is a gun forum so it is to be expected. Who would let a dozen heavily armed strangers into their gates in a situation like that? They want Rick's group to get a feel for the place and start making themselves at home, but letting them do that while they were armed is potentially suicidal. Taking their guns but leaving their blades seems like a decent compromise. Just because we don't see the Alexandria people carrying weapons doesn't mean they don't have them close by.

The girl is definitely not a spy if you ask me. They say she has been living there for months. In post apocalypse time that is like decades. A lot could happen to someone outside of the walls over a time span measured in months. Why would another group wait so long? I do think she took Rick's Glock and it will reappear at a pivotal moment.

Not feeling the love for Carol the way everyone else is. I don't think of her as tier one, more like a criminal lying about their past. Remember the last time they had a nice set up like that, she murdered two their own in cold blood. That's not real high on the list of desirable traits a group might want and she knows it. Reminds me of what she told Andrea to do with the Governor. Screw him senseless and then kill him in his sleep. Carol is someone you don't want to let stand behind you or trust too much.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:35:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I don't think the "give up your guns" things is as big a deal as GD is making it out to be. Granted this is a gun forum so it is to be expected. Who would let a dozen heavily armed strangers into their gates in a situation like that? They want Rick's group to get a feel for the place and start making themselves at home, but letting them do that while they were armed is potentially suicidal. Taking their guns but leaving their blades seems like a decent compromise. Just because we don't see the Alexandria people carrying weapons doesn't mean they don't have them close by.

The girl is definitely not a spy if you ask me. They say she has been living there for months. In post apocalypse time that is like decades. A lot could happen to someone outside of the walls over a time span measured in months. Why would another group wait so long? I do think she took Rick's Glock and it will reappear at a pivotal moment.

Not feeling the love for Carol the way everyone else is. I don't think of her as tier one, more like a criminal lying about their past. Remember the last time they had a nice set up like that, she murdered two their own in cold blood. That's not real high on the list of desirable traits a group might want and she knows it. Reminds me of what she told Andrea to do with the Governor. Screw him senseless and then kill him in his sleep. Carol is someone you don't want to let stand behind you or trust too much.
View Quote

They probably killed the 3 guys who were on the supply run, picking off the fighters one-by-one. The chick was going out at the same time as the supply team.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:45:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Does Deanna even comprehend that Rick would chop her up with a machete  in a church and sleep like a baby
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:50:00 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Now that's a meme.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Now that's a meme.

Her subversion skills are off the charts; Carol fucking operates.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:57:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:58:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:03:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The back to back Hollywood agenda episodes, first gays, now no guns for "safety" is pissing me off.  Can't we just have story driven shows without the Hollywood bullshit agenda?

I don't mind it one bit whenever they bring up the "round up the guns" storyline.

That's because it always puts the protagonists of the story in danger and shows the folly behind the idea.

They make our point for us.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:05:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

He's Constable Grimes now. A single father, who has a whipper-snapper of son named Coral and a little baby girl named Judith.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope Rick doesn't turn into a pussy again.

He's Constable Grimes now. A single father, who has a whipper-snapper of son named Coral and a little baby girl named Judith.

Yeah he's playing it up like Carol is. Remember the line at the end? " If they are too weak to survive we'll take it from them."
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:11:32 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I could not agree more with you, on this part.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think the "give up your guns" things is as big a deal as GD is making it out to be. Granted this is a gun forum so it is to be expected. Who would let a dozen heavily armed strangers into their gates in a situation like that? They want Rick's group to get a feel for the place and start making themselves at home, but letting them do that while they were armed is potentially suicidal. Taking their guns but leaving their blades seems like a decent compromise. Just because we don't see the Alexandria people carrying weapons doesn't mean they don't have them close by...

I could not agree more with you, on this part.

I disagree on this for the simple fact that it does not appear the residents of Alexandria consider knives as effective weapons.  On the quasi supply run, Aiden and the other guy came out with rifles and no hand weapons.  Our guys always go for knives first because they want stealth and to conserve ammo (except Sasha, who doesn't think about anything).

Alexandria's leader thought she was disarming the group by taking the guns.  She makes everyone turn in their weapons while in the confines of her enclave, not just the new, suspicious group.  Power hungry and naive.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:14:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Having the ability to exile people is probably her means of control.   She said she exiled 3 people.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:16:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Theres a reason there was a big, visible J on the grip of an otherwise identical looking weapon.  It is going to show up and we are meant to see it show up.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:25:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

me all day about it.

View Quote

I love the show, when it doesn't shit the bed.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:26:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
How will they / the show handle the young teenage sex ... because you know Carl is going to smash it
View Quote

the typical storyline would be that she's a baddie, but winds up getting won over by his charm and coiffure.  then the rest of the baddies put the screws to her, so she winds up first betraying the group, followed by sobbing to coral that she didn't mean to and would really like to be redeemed or something.

then she dies in his arms.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:29:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

IIRC, she felt bad after murdering all the termites, but was all "no ragrets" over murdering the 2 at the prison. I think that may have been a contradiction due to poor writing, rather than cognitive dissonance on her part.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:30:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

If you give him a single wide, a keg of PBR, and his female cousin, he'll be in paradise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I though tonight's episode was good. The characters need some time to become human again and decompress, some R&R if you will. They seem to need to readjust a little. I thought the giving up you guns thing was a load of crap. I noticed they kept their knives and Daryl kept his crossbow. I get the impression these folks in the down might have survived but not by really fighting for it, yet. Most of them seem very unprepared for the new way of the world. Ricks group is measuring them to see who joins them when they take over, not the other way around

PS: Daryl does need to clean his nasty ass up and get the hottie to cut his hair.

I think that IS Daryl cleaned up.  That's the way he was before all of this.  

If you give him a single wide, a keg of PBR, and his female cousin, he'll be in paradise.

You'd also have to add another male cousin so they could fight over the girl.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:30:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Having the ability to exile people is probably her means of control.   She said she exiled 3 people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does she do that though?  The two ROTC chuckleheads are the only "security" we've seen in that place.  Woodbury had an armed and manned wall and security patrols.  Terminus was even more heavily guarded.  Alexandria doesn't even have a guard post at the main gate.  Something is fishy here...
Page / 220
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top