BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 220
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The baby is essential here, Lil Kickass is the hope of the future.

She's almost the only reason to survive and rebuild.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The baby needs to go. And same with the one on Archer. No babies.

The baby is essential here, Lil Kickass is the hope of the future.

She's almost the only reason to survive and rebuild.

Well, maybe. There's still no excuse for the Archer baby.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The baby needs to go. And same with the one on Archer. No babies.
View Quote

I think they should had let the baby be killed off also. They could have just left the empty baby seat and left it to the imagination if she got ate or someone else carried her off.
I don't think the show is going to be tv long enough to have the Judith turn into any type of viable character other than crying at bad moments unless they're going to do some year/two year later time jumps.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That is why Aimpoint is the RDS of choice for the zombie apocalypse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotta be hard getting batteries for that eotech in the zombie apocalypse.

Aimpoint     Batteries

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Figured I'd maybe check again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does anyone recognize the brand backpack Aaron was wearing?  Looks like it is light weight had many useful pockets. Thx

Does anyone recognize the brand of the backpack Aaron was wearing when he handed it to Rick? It looked light weight and a pack I want to check out.  Many thanks
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't believe she was talking about the community being built specifically for the Apocolyse. She was telling him that's what it cost to buy a home there pre apocolyse and was using that to explain why it was already set up off the grid with solar, wells, etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could be, but I think its more likely none of them have any idea how wall braces like that would work, and didn't listen when someone on the crew told them that they wouldnt work that way.

It's possible that the braces are on the outside in order to make more room inside the walls. Is it a dumb idea that makes the walls weaker than they could be? Yes. Is it an idea that someone who was initially more concerned with comfort than security would have come up with? I think so.

she said it was a planned community with an entry fee of 800k...maybe it was just built for aesthetics rather than security to begin with and was beefed up later?

I don't believe she was talking about the community being built specifically for the Apocolyse. She was telling him that's what it cost to buy a home there pre apocolyse and was using that to explain why it was already set up off the grid with solar, wells, etc.

yeah, we all understood that.  we were specifically discussing the wall and security considerations, or lack thereof, in a place built for rich tree huggers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Only the name is a spoiler but they are the group on the radio and the ones who cut Noah's community members in half, leaving marks on their foreheads, they gained entry through a gate in the back of that community, ripped it off and slaughtered. The girl very well could be gaining Intel for them and Carl is on to her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

And these 'Saviors' would be what, a spoiler?  Or did I miss something in one of the previous episodes?

Only the name is a spoiler but they are the group on the radio and the ones who cut Noah's community members in half, leaving marks on their foreheads, they gained entry through a gate in the back of that community, ripped it off and slaughtered. The girl very well could be gaining Intel for them and Carl is on to her.

the radio was tyrese's memory/hallucination of bbc broadcasts about rawanda
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:02:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Last night was definitely the best episode of the season so far.  I'm glad the plot is getting interesting again.

I've come to really admire Carol.  Her " I want to join the Junior League" ruse is brilliant.  
View Quote
The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they are going to be when you kill them.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:03:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ok...wasn't the only that noticed that. They're built to keep in...not out...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody else wondering why they built the wall with the bracing on the outside?

Anchored correctly, they would provide better support for the fence from being pushed inward (tensional vs compression strength) while at the same time offering better aesthetics from within the compound.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How about the Wolf comic book Carl found in the attic. A bit of a reference to the Wolf group that attacked that neighborhood, where the zombies were all hacked into just torsos.

That Congress woman is psyching Rick into separating from his group and maybe exiling the members she doesn't want to keep around, def Daryl, but potentially anyone other than Rick and Michonne.

I'm thinking Rick and some of his group's "job" might be procreation of more babies too. That would have to be part of a "sustainment plan". Only the most viable offspring would be allowed, resources are limited. That might explain why all the guys in Alexandria are so butt hurt with the new men in town lol.

LOL with Carol's video taped interview "Junior league" and that homely sweater! LOL with the "ROTC" guy and "I'll show you guys the ropes outside the walls, see how you do". What an idiot!

and...this former Congress woman might make the psycho-governor look like a girl scout.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
How about the Wolf comic book Carl found in the attic. A bit of a reference to the Wolf group that attacked that neighborhood, where the zombies were all hacked into just torsos.

That Congress woman is psyching Rick into separating from his group and maybe exiling the members she doesn't want to keep around, def Daryl, but potentially anyone other than Rick and Michonne.

I'm thinking Rick and some of his group's "job" might be procreation of more babies too. That would have to be part of a "sustainment plan". Only the most viable offspring would be allowed, resources are limited. That might explain why all the guys in Alexandria are so butt hurt with the new men in town lol.

LOL with Carol's video taped interview "Junior league" and that homely sweater! LOL with the "ROTC" guy and "I'll show you guys the ropes outside the walls, see how you do". What an idiot!

and...this former Congress woman might make the psycho-governor look like a girl scout.

Honestly I took the wolf on the comic to be a little easter egg to the comic book readers. Robert Kirkman, the creator of The Walking Dead had a comic book called "The Astounding Wolf-Man" so I just Carl was going to turn it over and show that was what he was reading as a little nod to the fans but no dice. Then again Kirkman also wrote a comic called Battle Pope.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could be, but I think its more likely none of them have any idea how wall braces like that would work, and didn't listen when someone on the crew told them that they wouldnt work that way.

It's possible that the braces are on the outside in order to make more room inside the walls. Is it a dumb idea that makes the walls weaker than they could be? Yes. Is it an idea that someone who was initially more concerned with comfort than security would have come up with? I think so.

she said it was a planned community with an entry fee of 800k...maybe it was just built for aesthetics rather than security to begin with and was beefed up later?

I got the impression the walls were added after the fact. And the 800k was the cost of the houses prior to the end of the world. She said "Starting in the low 800K" which is what all of those signs say in front of any new housing development "Blowhard Estates! Homes Available now. Starting in the low 200's!" to mean like 230 or whatever..
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:16:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Holy shit mr ivy league rotc fag is the stereotypical boot officer.  Dude needs his shit pushed in.

I wonder if badass PLs ever get pissed about how they are always portrayed on TV.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Last night was definitely the best episode of the season so far.  I'm glad the plot is getting interesting again.

I've come to really admire Carol.  Her " I want to join the Junior League" ruse is brilliant.  
View Quote
Yeah, and the line about her missing her husband. I lol'd. She's awesome.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:28:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Anchored correctly, they would provide better support for the fence from being pushed inward (tensional vs compression strength) while at the same time offering better aesthetics from within the compound.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats assuming your solely up against zombies trying to gain entrance. The congresswoman does mention that most of North Virginia had been evacuated, however it should still be fair to assume that other live human threats would exist, and exposing crucial wall support seems to lack foresight for living enemies.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:29:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this would represent the triumph of abstract reasoning over common sense.

i have no doubt that you are correct WRT the engineering principles.  however, it makes a shitload more sense to have the only supports for your thin, tall protective wall...you know...inside the wall, where they will be protected from the things that the protective wall is supposed to protect you from.  otherwise an ornery kid with a hacksaw can destroy your wall's integrity, because your supports are on his side of the wall instead of your side of the wall, and are hidden from view for aesthetic reasons.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I was seriously concerned that her shoulder was hurt or something, when she fumbled taking the rifle off.
but then the soccer mom thing made me realize she was just playing with them.

The sweater thing made me crack up, when darryl gave her shit about it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:37:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I wonder if the girl who arrived just before Rick and gang is a scout for nagan and the wolves? Ironic that HER comic book was called something wolf, almost like a message.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:48:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Carol went SERE training on Diana when she wanted to video the interoga....er....interview.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#18]

I was laughing to myself, because she comes across as this nice friendly neighborhood lady.  She went total gray man on that one.  Little does the Congress woman know she's a full blown operator man.

I think she knew that the lady was trying to size her up and decided to play her.  When she said she missed her husband I knew the game she was playing.

She'll work the elderly who are less inclined to keep secrets well.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:52:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah, I was seriously concerned that her shoulder was hurt or something, when she fumbled taking the rifle off.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't mess with Carol. She went one woman army on Terminus. My favorite character by far.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:52:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Did Carol complete Robin Sage training with the Unit guys?  Seriously.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:55:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Did Carol complete Robin Sage training with the Unit guys?  Seriously.
View Quote

When she fumbled taking the rifle off I was like WTF? Thinking, maybe the actress just made a mistake, but when she said she missed her ex husband (I think she called him a sweet man) I knew Carol was playing them.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I was laughing to myself, because she comes across as this nice friendly neighborhood lady.  She went total gray man on that one.  Little does the Congress woman know she's a full blown operator man.

I think she knew that the lady was trying to size her up and decided to play her.  When she said she missed her husband I knew the game she was playing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

If you listen to people, they will tell you what they are up to...sometimes it's direct...Rick was direct...when he said everyone has an angle, and is sizing you up, looking to see how they can use you or take from you....Rick inadvertently tipped his hand with what he would do...and he said as much when he said, "if we have to we can just take this place".

Carol did 180* opposite.  She went into the mild, housewife, Suzie Sammichmaker mode...but her true motives are known to rick and the gang when she said "they are weak"

Even Coral said they were weak.

Rick's group is rock hard...and while I don't know the storyline, there will be some killings coming, and Rick and crew will come out on top.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:56:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

i have no doubt that you are correct WRT the engineering principles.  however, it makes a shitload more sense to have the only supports for your thin, tall protective wall...you know...inside the wall, where they will be protected from the things that the protective wall is supposed to protect you from.  otherwise an ornery kid with a hacksaw can destroy your wall's integrity, because your supports are on his side of the wall instead of your side of the wall, and are hidden from view for aesthetic reasons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would be a lot easier to go through the flimsy wall directly than try to saw through the solid steel that those support braces are likely made of with a Harbor Freight hacksaw. It would also be a lot easier to just use bolt cutters on the gate fencing. From an engineering perspective, it's about the best possible way to design supports in a post-zombie world. The current residents may just have got lucky that the non-engineer architect designed the fence from an aesthetic and functional POV, but it turned out to be a much better design for walkers instead of real humans.

Certainly, the possibility exists that there is a deeper reason of why the braces are placed on the exterior. The way Rick looks at them in a sort of bewilderment could draw that conclusion:

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:59:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you notice when they were turning their weapons in Carol was having a hard time unslinging  her weapon like she was not familiar with it.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The head lady (I forget her name) is trouble, obviously. She may not be as overtly evil as The Governor, but she's up to something. Either that, or she's so arrogant and over confident about her community's security that she'll end up getting all of her people killed when the SHTF. And I still think there's some sort of government agency angle to this community, there's some spooks amongst the citizens, IMHO.

Mr ROTC needs knocked down a few rungs. Glenn already did that a little, but I expect Abraham will sit the little college punk straight in a thorough manner in the near future.

It was nice to see Rick and Carl bonding some more, it's something that has been strangely absent from recent episodes. And like somebody said above, I think that the girl that Carl was following is a mole for some other group.

And I think things are going to get more interesting. The mystery behind this new community, the prospect of another group sizing this community up for a possible attack, Rick becoming a Cop again, and the last words Rick spoke in this episode, ect.
View Quote

THIS!
Rick has fundementally changed.

Saint Peter
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It would be a lot easier to go through the flimsy wall directly than try to saw through the solid steel that those support braces are likely made of with a Harbor Freight hacksaw. It would also be a lot easier to just use bolt cutters on the gate fencing. From an engineering perspective, it's about the best possible way to design supports in a post-zombie world. The current residents may just have got lucky that the non-engineer architect designed the fence from an aesthetic and functional POV, but it turned out to be a much better design for walkers instead of real humans.

Certainly, the possibility exists that there is a deeper reason of why the braces are placed on the exterior. The way Rick looks at them in a sort of bewilderment could draw that conclusion:

http://screencapped.net/tv/thewalkingdead/albums/season5/0512/normal_twd0512-2234.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://screencapped.net/tv/thewalkingdead/albums/season5/0512/normal_twd0512-2234.jpg

My thought, when I saw the braces on the outside, was that the wall was built to keep something in the compound, not out of the compound.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:10:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Probably my favorite part of the entire episode (up there with gene punching douchebag).

I think Carol made a stop at Quantico on the way up. She put herself into position to gather good intel on the new group.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#28]

My thought, when I saw the braces on the outside, was that the wall was built to keep something in the compound, not out of the compound.  

View Quote
What would they be trying to keep in? I mean, it makes sense, but we have seen first hand out easy it is to escape the compound without being seen, as that Girl does. Clearly it offers protection as they have been able to survive this whole time with their seemingly largest internal issue being exile of three people.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Aimpoint     Batteries

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotta be hard getting batteries for that eotech in the zombie apocalypse.

Aimpoint     Batteries

Aimpoints have a stupid long battery life, like, 5+ years stupid.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What would they be trying to keep in? I mean, it makes sense, but we have seen first hand out easy it is to escape the compound without being seen, as that Girl does. Clearly it offers protection as they have been able to survive this whole time with their seemingly largest internal issue being exile of three people.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I don't know, it was just my initial FEMA Camp-like thought.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:19:07 PM EDT
[#31]
I think you all are overthinking the braces. It's a real subdivision, with real people living in it. I find it hard to believe that none of them would have a problem with massive braces sticking out in their yards.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:21:51 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I mean, i agree with you. It was a deliberate choice by the Writers to have the walls shown like that. Its most likely like that for a reason, unless they just don't understand how protective walls work, as they don't know why you need sights on guns... But Im betting on there being a sinister reason for the walls.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I think you all are overthinking the braces. It's a real subdivision, with real people living in it. I find it hard to believe that none of them would have a problem with massive braces sticking out in their yards.
View Quote

Very good point. There was some tension last fall with the city and the studio regarding the fence being left up. nvm, that was for a chain link fence for storage.

Picture of the wall around some of the townhomes.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
I know I would, Unless its purpose was to protect me from hordes of zombies who want to eat my brains. I mean, its common sense to want to protect the foundation of any structure. I mean, braces are their to support the structure. If a horde of zombie put pressure on the braces, the braces could be pushed down. Which would leave the wall unsupported. I mean, you could be absolutely right, it could of been an aesthetic choice. The designer of them was an architect. When designing something for a home or building aesthetic is very important. If you want people to enjoy the aesthetic of their compound it would seem that braces on the exterior make a lot of sense. Not only for aesthetic but for purpose against zombies as well as mentioned earlier in terms of tensional vs compressional forces.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:33:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I know I would, Unless its purpose was to protect me from hordes of zombies who want to eat my brains. I mean, its common sense to want to protect the foundation of any structure. I mean, braces are their to support the structure. If a horde of zombie put pressure on the braces, the braces could be pushed down. Which would leave the wall unsupported. I mean, you could be absolutely right, it could of been an aesthetic choice. The designer of them was an architect. When designing something for a home or building aesthetic is very important. If you want people to enjoy the aesthetic of their compound it would seem that braces on the exterior make a lot of sense. Not only for aesthetic but for purpose against zombies as well as mentioned earlier in terms of tensional vs compressional forces.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think RollTide10R means that it is a real life neighborhood. Based on some of the newspaper articles, it could be there for a couple of years.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I think RollTide10R means that it is a real life neighborhood. Based on some of the newspaper articles, it could be there for a couple of years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh Ok, I get what your saying. I didn't fully get it the first time.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:39:31 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, now that makes a whole heck of a lot more sense.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, now that makes a whole heck of a lot more sense.

Honestly, I would be pissed if I lived there, they are pretty nice houses. The townhomes are over a million.

http://activerain.trulia.com/states/GA/cities/Senoia/communities/Gin%20Property
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:47:33 PM EDT
[#39]

Nice.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#40]
I haven't been able to read all the latest pages, any thoughts on the owl references? Hairstylist chick had an owl tattooed on her forearm and she was also working on an owl sculpture until Rick broke it.

Illuminati? Bohemian grove?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I haven't been able to read all the latest pages, any thoughts on the owl references? Hairstylist chick had an owl tattooed on her forearm and she was also working on an owl sculpture until Rick broke it.

Illuminati? Bohemian grove?
View Quote

Really big fans of Drake?

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#42]

The groups Ace Card!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Carol is doing a first-rate job of camouflaging herself.
View Quote

I noticed that & loved her for it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Does anyone recognize the brand of the backpack Aaron was wearing when he handed it to Rick? It looked light weight and a pack I want to check out.  Many thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does anyone recognize the brand backpack Aaron was wearing?  Looks like it is light weight had many useful pockets. Thx

Dude, there is a website out there that lists every piece of clothing and gear used on every tv show, and where to buy it.  Do a bit of googling.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yup, Carol can be on my team any day.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Is it just me or is Carol the MFing shit now and Gene sucks balls?

Carol stopped at the CIA farm and took lessons in Virginia while the others slept. Daryl lost a step, Abraham is still a bad mofo. NewGene is gonna start pulling his fucking weight, shit is gonna hit the fan son......time to man up. Edited...VA-gunnut
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They are going to trap the mega Hurd using Rick and the group as bait
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Carol stopped at the CIA farm and took lessons in Virginia while the others slept. Daryl lost a step, Abraham is still a bad mofo . NewGene is gonna start pulling his fucking weight, shit is gonna hit the fan son......time to man up. Edited...VA-gunnut

View Quote

Gene knocked the shit out of ROTC dude like a boss.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#49]
She will tell the congress woman to look at the flowers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Carol stopped at the CIA farm and took lessons in Virginia while the
others slept. Daryl lost a step, Abraham is still a bad mofo. NewGene
is gonna start pulling his fucking weight, shit is gonna hit the fan
son......time to man up. Edited...VA-gunnut

View Quote

Page / 220
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top