View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
That girl is a spy.

I agree 100% She was sent by Click To View Spoiler

God I can't wait for him to show.

the last few episodes have been really good. really liking the struggle the group is having with integrating into civilization. I predict ROTC boy dies with quickness
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#2]
The head lady (I forget her name) is trouble, obviously. She may not be as overtly evil as The Governor, but she's up to something. Either that, or she's so arrogant and over confident about her community's security that she'll end up getting all of her people killed when the SHTF. And I still think there's some sort of government agency angle to this community, there's some spooks amongst the citizens, IMHO.

Mr ROTC needs knocked down a few rungs. Glenn already did that a little, but I expect Abraham will sit the little college punk straight in a thorough manner in the near future.

It was nice to see Rick and Carl bonding some more, it's something that has been strangely absent from recent episodes. And like somebody said above, I think that the girl that Carl was following is a mole for some other group.

And I think things are going to get more interesting. The mystery behind this new community, the prospect of another group sizing this community up for a possible attack, Rick becoming a Cop again, and the last words Rick spoke in this episode, ect.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The back to back Hollywood agenda episodes, first gays, now no guns for "safety" is pissing me off.  Can't we just have story driven shows without the Hollywood bullshit agenda?
View Quote

Again, it's not Hollywood. Both of those situations happened on the comic. If anything, people should bitch about Kirkman, not the TV show.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:48:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Gotta be hard getting batteries for that eotech in the zombie apocalypse.
View Quote

That is why Aimpoint is the RDS of choice for the zombie apocalypse.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:51:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Giving up my guns to some hipster feminazi with a cart?...N.O.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does anyone recognize the brand backpack Aaron was wearing?  Looks like it is light weight had many useful pockets. Thx
View Quote

Figured I'd maybe check again.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Who took Rick's Glock?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Who took Rick's Glock?
View Quote

My guess is someone from Alexandria was following them, other than Aaron and the other guy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:57:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"Generous enough to protect me"

View Quote

Carol is playing it smart, why expose her strengths, when she can simply show weakness?  Especially when thats what they expect to see.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:02:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
ROTC guy needs to be fragged...
View Quote

ROTC dude is Congresswomans son.  He is a wannabe king, or at the very least prince.   He is going to be the cause of much friction when people refuse to follow his dictates.  Having followed and led for 20 years, no one worth a damn as a leader ever had to tell us "We had to follow their every utterance to the letter", thats weak sauce right there.  Leaders lead.  Pussys talk.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's highly likely that communities would have some b.s. "no guns" rule.  It's all about control.  I have no idea why Rick's group agreed to it, but finding a town or settlement where they had a rule like that doesn't surprise me at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The back to back Hollywood agenda episodes, first gays, now no guns for "safety" is pissing me off.  Can't we just have story driven shows without the Hollywood bullshit agenda?

It's highly likely that communities would have some b.s. "no guns" rule.  It's all about control.  I have no idea why Rick's group agreed to it, but finding a town or settlement where they had a rule like that doesn't surprise me at all.

Then Rick should have taken the town, if all the weapons were known to be locked up in one central place.  How hard would that be?

As for me, nope, no way I am turning in my weapons, not a single glimmer of a hope of such a thing happening.   Precedent would immediately be set.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I agree Carol played it well by playing the helpless dumb housewife and the addition of Ricks comments at the end were great.

Loaner girl is a spy with the wolf comic book.

ROTC boy is going to die in some horrific way.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I think the Congress critter exiled her husband. The girl definitely took the glock. I think either she has family outside the wall or is part of another group. The scene with Rick and the hottie's husband, was that a dream? He woke up right after.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:10:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone notice that Michonne in her taped interview with the congresswoman, had a copy of Crime without Punishment on her lap?

Seems rather appropo.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#15]
It's amazing how a once useless character, Carol, has become so important to the group and one of my favorites. Well done on downplaying her badassness.

ROTC bitch boy needs killin.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We need to get this taken care of, once and for all...

GENE:

http://cdn.thedailybeast.com/content/dailybeast/articles/2014/11/09/the-walking-dead-s-self-help-a-grim-show-displays-its-comedy-streak-and-a-major-reveal/jcr:content/image.crop.800.500.jpg/1415615343924.cached.jpg

GLENN:

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/screencrush.com/442/files/2013/02/glenn.jpg

FFS...we're five seasons in, and he was the fourth major character to be introduced in the series premiere! Why is his name so hard to remember around here?

View Quote

Just when you think 13er couldn't bring any more fail, you go and completely outdo yourselves.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Just when you think 13er couldn't bring any more fail, you go and completely outdo yourselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We need to get this taken care of, once and for all...

GENE:

http://cdn.thedailybeast.com/content/dailybeast/articles/2014/11/09/the-walking-dead-s-self-help-a-grim-show-displays-its-comedy-streak-and-a-major-reveal/jcr:content/image.crop.800.500.jpg/1415615343924.cached.jpg

GLENN:

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/screencrush.com/442/files/2013/02/glenn.jpg

FFS...we're five seasons in, and he was the fourth major character to be introduced in the series premiere! Why is his name so hard to remember around here?

^ post 6666.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Good morning everyone... Sweet ass biscuits!
View Quote

I can tell already that this is going to become an ARFCOM meme.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Just my opinion but so far this season is bore fest..  The whole Alexandria community just pisses me off, especially after demanding disarmament.  Also their retarded supported from the outside walls is some serious WTF?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:17:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I think the Congress critter is going to use Sasha as an assassin  against another group, maybe people she exiled.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#21]
ROTC wannabe - Fed to Walkers or executed?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I agree it is too large to be defensible with the people they have.  Building a smaller fortification in the centre would definitely be a better idea to start, and it could eventually serve as the citadel for the larger fortified town once it got to that point, which would be useful not only for external defence in the case of a breach, but also for internal defence if there is an outbreak or some other issue within the walls.  Once you get to the larger fortification, though, it needs to be done right.  The compound as shown might be alright for zombies, but it wouldn't hold up to any serious attack by living people.  Too easily breached, no way to defend it with direct fire at most points, and no means (such as bastions or caponiers) to cover the perimeter with enfilade fire.  Observation in general seems to be an issue.  But again, it sounds like the designer is a completely civilian architect, as opposed to a military engineer or someone else with knowledge of military engineering and security.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not well designed, but it's not like the Congresswoman's husband was a military engineer.  I would have applied Vauban's principles to the perimeter and made it so that there is no point on the outside of the walls that cannot be covered by fire from some other part of the perimeter along with multiple lines of defence (although there are not enough people to fully man such defenses as far as I can tell) including a ditch adjacent to the scarp wall and maybe some outworks.  I would not have disarmed anyone, of course.  I do think that there is a strong Leftist mentality going on in the community to include misguided ideas about the role of arms in society and also means to controul the populace.  Of course, I'm inherently suspicious of any gun controul scheme.

i don't think any engineering is required to address the most fundamental problem--too much space, and not enough personnel to control it.  i mean, i think you're right WRT vauban corners, but i see that as a downstream problem.  i want a small central compound, the whole perimeter of which i can keep under fire/observation even with only a few people.  in the beginning, you can do that with stuff like dumpsters, telephone poles, plywood, and highway signs.  then an open killing field around it so that no one can get to the wall without being seen and shot at.  only then would i mess with more involved fortifications that gain more space.

i agree about the generally liberal mentality.  the wall will protect us, so we don't have to deal with the responsibility of protecting ourselves.  we can just hide, and any problem will go away.  big mamma will tell us when we should go break out the big-boy toys, which are icky and bad and can't be trusted.

I agree it is too large to be defensible with the people they have.  Building a smaller fortification in the centre would definitely be a better idea to start, and it could eventually serve as the citadel for the larger fortified town once it got to that point, which would be useful not only for external defence in the case of a breach, but also for internal defence if there is an outbreak or some other issue within the walls.  Once you get to the larger fortification, though, it needs to be done right.  The compound as shown might be alright for zombies, but it wouldn't hold up to any serious attack by living people.  Too easily breached, no way to defend it with direct fire at most points, and no means (such as bastions or caponiers) to cover the perimeter with enfilade fire.  Observation in general seems to be an issue.  But again, it sounds like the designer is a completely civilian architect, as opposed to a military engineer or someone else with knowledge of military engineering and security.

IIRC from the comics, one of the major tasks that Rick's group completes in Alexandria is fortifying and improving the wall. The wall as currently implemented is a joke that's barely adequate for protection against zombies, much less people. But it's enough to make people who haven't seen what the world outside their walls really harbors comfortable. Now that a group who has well and truly seen some shit is there, it will necessarily have to be improved. Note Rick's longing look at the bell tower. I assure you that he's not just looking at it from the perspective of a man who hasn't been to church in a while. He's looking at tactical advantages that might exist in the Safe Zone that would aid in defense.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
ROTC wannabe - Fed to Walkers or executed?
View Quote

Killed by walkers being stupid.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:59:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good morning everyone... Sweet ass biscuits!

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Tovah Feldshuh.

That's a heavy hitter right there.

So she'll be around at least the rest of this season.

Teen girl is a love interest for Carl, she'll betray him and everyone somehow. But not before coming between Carl and Rick. Carl will stab her in her skull.

Alexandria somehow gave me a Stepford Wives vibe. Something is deeply fucked up there.

In a secure location like that why not just man the walls and make noise to call the walkers and pop 'em off until there aren't any more?
View Quote

Negative pressure principle Rick alluded to.

You call the zombies which start making noise which attracts other zombies which goes further and further out depending on density. In essence, the same way that molecules will fill a void, the closer molecules will quickly come but they will be followed by others further out at a slower pace. Either way, you get walkers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not well designed, but it's not like the Congresswoman's husband was a military engineer.  I would have applied Vauban's principles to the perimeter and made it so that there is no point on the outside of the walls that cannot be covered by fire from some other part of the perimeter along with multiple lines of defence (although there are not enough people to fully man such defenses as far as I can tell) including a ditch adjacent to the scarp wall and maybe some outworks.  I would not have disarmed anyone, of course.  I do think that there is a strong Leftist mentality going on in the community to include misguided ideas about the role of arms in society and also means to controul the populace.  Of course, I'm inherently suspicious of any gun controul scheme.

i don't think any engineering is required to address the most fundamental problem--too much space, and not enough personnel to control it.  i mean, i think you're right WRT vauban corners, but i see that as a downstream problem.  i want a small central compound, the whole perimeter of which i can keep under fire/observation even with only a few people.  in the beginning, you can do that with stuff like dumpsters, telephone poles, plywood, and highway signs.  then an open killing field around it so that no one can get to the wall without being seen and shot at.  only then would i mess with more involved fortifications that gain more space.

i agree about the generally liberal mentality.  the wall will protect us, so we don't have to deal with the responsibility of protecting ourselves.  we can just hide, and any problem will go away.  big mamma will tell us when we should go break out the big-boy toys, which are icky and bad and can't be trusted.

I think that's what the scene with Rick staring at the church steeple was trying to convey.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#27]
will Darryly be next go go ! Some of the other forums have suggested he's gone. In the teaser that shows him surrounded so maybe. Another one suggested that  he is involved in a lot of other projects. It's not uncommon for actors of series to be involved in as many outside projects as they can while they're hot. And still remain in a series . so I'm not sure. I don't read the comics or the spoilers but I realize someone's gonna get it and it might be him by..    
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just that little conversation had as much implied in it as the conversation back during the farm where Rick, Hershel, and Glenn ran into those two  

guys in the bar, and the leader and Rick had a little chat.  Rick picked up on it immediately.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I though tonight's episode was good. The characters need some time to become human again and decompress, some R&R if you will. They seem to need to readjust a little. I thought the giving up you guns thing was a load of crap. I noticed they kept their knives and Daryl kept his crossbow. I get the impression these folks in the down might have survived but not by really fighting for it, yet. Most of them seem very unprepared for the new way of the world. Ricks group is measuring them to see who joins them when they take over, not the other way around

PS: Daryl does need to clean his nasty ass up and get the hottie to cut his hair.

I think the hair cutting hottie likes Rick.
When the guy sitting on the porch in the dark  smoking called out to Rick and said that was his wife led me to believe there's something going to happen there.

Just that little conversation had as much implied in it as the conversation back during the farm where Rick, Hershel, and Glenn ran into those two  

guys in the bar, and the leader and Rick had a little chat.  Rick picked up on it immediately.

That episode (Nebraska) is 1 of my favorites.
Maybe because it was the introduction of the real threat of humans and coming to the realization of having to kill them in self defense or maybe it was just watching Rick be a badass gunfighter while Glenn and Hershal sat there shocked at what happened.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If Daryl dies we riot.
View Quote

LOL
If Daryl dies my wife swears she won't watch the show anymore.
She made me buy her a Daryl tshirt for Christmas.
Guess I need to get a crossbow and quit taking a bath.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

My guess is someone from Alexandria was following them, other than Aaron and the other guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who took Rick's Glock?

My guess is the young girl who snuck out of the compound.
Carl was following her and remember how fast he showed up where Rick was after losing her?
She is sneaking out and hanging around that area possibly leaving a stash of supplies pilfered from Alexandria for her future use or leaving notes / meeting with someone bad about the goings on there.
Last nights episode left open a lot of possibilities. A lot of suspense building.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#31]

The girl may have been out there. When Rick Hide the gun .It's not the first time she's gone over the fence so it's very likely she saw him put it there and took it!

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:22:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Holy shit mr ivy league rotc fag is the stereotypical boot officer.  Dude needs his shit pushed in.

I wonder if badass PLs ever get pissed about how they are always portrayed on TV.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Just curious...
I've been watching it from the beginning. We've been through several seasons now. The baby is getting older. We watched Carl grow up some.
I don't recall there being any winter???  They always seem to be hot and sweaty. It would seem to me a few days of sub freezing temps would be good.
There would be lots of zombie pop-sickles standing around.

And...There is no way I would consent to disarming. In their world, zombies are the #2 threat. Other people are #1. As we've seen, that wall might slow / stop the zombies,
but that little teenage girl seems to slide over it at will. One would assume anyone else could as well.

Of course, as we've seen in the past, there has to be more to this little community than meets the eye.
I look forward to the next episode..
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:35:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Just curious...
I've been watching it from the beginning. We've been through several seasons now. The baby is getting older. We watched Carl grow up some.
I don't recall there being any winter???  They always seem to be hot and sweaty. It would seem to me a few days of sub freezing temps would be good.
There would be lots of zombie pop-sickles standing around.

And...There is no way I would consent to disarming. In their world, zombies are the #2 threat. Other people are #1. As we've seen, that wall might slow / stop the zombies,
but that little teenage girl seems to slide over it at will. One would assume anyone else could as well.

Of course, as we've seen in the past, there has to be more to this little community than meets the eye.
I look forward to the next episode..
View Quote

There was a time jump after the prison fell and before Terminus. The way It made it look was that the prison fell in the fall(see what they did there) and Terminus happened at the very beginning of summer.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The girl may have been out there. When Rick Hide the gun .It's not the first time she's gone over the fence so it's very likely she saw him put it there and took it!

View Quote

I think she is related or involved with the 3 guys the politician said she had to exile.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I can't believe it, a post by you that I didn't have to edit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
VA GUNNUT CAN SUCK IT PROUD OF MY  TOWN OF SANFORD NC AND THE AR RIFLES THAT OUR IN THIS PIC.

THEIR MADE HERE

10 Minutes from the House Actually i can buy their Uppers today and be here Tomorrow.

Bear Creek Arsenal
Page Liked · February 16

Any The Walking Dead fans here? Caught this on one of their most recent promotional images.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10888569_373886589479347_224017474538497542_n.jpg?oh=421b447873065a34bb454c98ee940dbe&oe=5589AD61&__gda__=1434678522_ac903397db6db169c482761506c50e78

Well, it could have used a few edits.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
VA GUNNUT CAN SUCK IT PROUD OF MY  TOWN OF SANFORD NC AND THE AR RIFLES THAT OUR IN THIS PIC.

THEIR MADE HERE

10 Minutes from the House Actually i can buy their Uppers today and be here Tomorrow.

Bear Creek Arsenal
Page Liked · February 16

Any The Walking Dead fans here? Caught this on one of their most recent promotional images.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10888569_373886589479347_224017474538497542_n.jpg?oh=421b447873065a34bb454c98ee940dbe&oe=5589AD61&__gda__=1434678522_ac903397db6db169c482761506c50e78

It could have used a few edits.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:02:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:06:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Who took Rick's Glock?
View Quote

It would be interesting if the girl took it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#41]
I wonder what happened to Cheyenne Mountain?  Or Mount Weather?  When the libtard congresscritter was talking about the development having water cisterns and such last night, they just popped into my head.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
ROTC dude is Congresswomans son.  He is a wannabe king, or at the very least prince.   He is going to be the cause of much friction when people refuse to follow his dictates.  Having followed and led for 20 years, no one worth a damn as a leader ever had to tell us "We had to follow their every utterance to the letter", thats weak sauce right there.  Leaders lead.  Pussys talk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

ROTC guy needs to be fragged...

Whatever. Dude's got a fucking SCAR. He operates operationally.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:18:57 PM EDT
[#44]
The baby needs to go. And same with the one on Archer. No babies.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:19:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Dammit man, you mean you don't spend every walking minute reading this thread?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For fuck's sake, on ARFCOM "Glenn" has been called "Gene" for at least a year now.  

well, evidently i missed the using-the-wrong-name memo.

Dammit man, you mean you don't spend every walking minute reading this thread?

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:20:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Foreshadowing of the "Wolves"? Comic belongs to strangler teen girl who likes to leave the walls?

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The baby needs to go. And same with the one on Archer. No babies.
View Quote

The baby is essential here, Lil Kickass is the hope of the future.

She's almost the only reason to survive and rebuild.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Last night was definitely the best episode of the season so far.  I'm glad the plot is getting interesting again.

I've come to really admire Carol.  Her " I want to join the Junior League" ruse is brilliant.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Anybody else wondering why they built the wall with the bracing on the outside?
View Quote

Ok...wasn't the only that noticed that. They're built to keep in...not out...

Page / 220
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top