Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh look another good thread ruined by a twat
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:40:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am not clueless. I have written the truth. That truth, however, conflicts with the mythology of this site that says the U.S. military can do anything and is the best at everything. It is a shame my fellow Americans cannot learn from the past.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I see you are throwing out big words to hide the fact you are clueless.  

I am not clueless. I have written the truth. That truth, however, conflicts with the mythology of this site that says the U.S. military can do anything and is the best at everything. It is a shame my fellow Americans cannot learn from the past.
I realize it is you MO to shit in every thread involving the military, but you should probably just sit back and pay attention when a lot of our

members are talking.  

You have displayed how clueless you actually are many times in your attempt perform this self appointed civic duty of yours.

Sit down, shut up, and listen to the experts we have here. Once you figure out who actually knows what they are talking about and who is full of shit, then you may be able to carry on an intelligent conversation.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:40:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
[
The possibilities are endless, if you are ignorant of ship operations. Where does the ship discharge sewage? It is illegal to discharge in port. Is the disaster-stricken area going to provide sewage services? What about clean water for the ship? It is inadvisable to for the ship's water generation systems to make water in port. Is the disaster-stricken area going to provide clean water for the ship's crew? How about security requirements as the ship is close to many desperate people? How many lights for tent cities run on Zumwalt's 4,160 volt power? If there was a disaster is there even a clear channel for the ship to navigate in?

Lack of criticial thinking ability is an epidemic on this site.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
[
The possibilities are endless, if you are ignorant of ship operations. Where does the ship discharge sewage? It is illegal to discharge in port. Is the disaster-stricken area going to provide sewage services? What about clean water for the ship? It is inadvisable to for the ship's water generation systems to make water in port. Is the disaster-stricken area going to provide clean water for the ship's crew? How about security requirements as the ship is close to many desperate people? How many lights for tent cities run on Zumwalt's 4,160 volt power? If there was a disaster is there even a clear channel for the ship to navigate in?

In the early days of the relief effort, the Vinson provided much-needed emergency medical care. It also brought with it a number of helicopters that are critical to relief efforts, doing as many as 240 landings of helicopters and other planes.

Over two weeks, the Vinson provided more than 87,000 gallons of water and airlifted to earthquake victims, more than 162 tons of food airlifted to earthquake victims, and more than 36,000 lbs. of medical supplies airlifted to earthquake victims. The ship will likely continue on to the California coast, where it was meant to sail to before it got the order for Haiti.

Truman anchored 50 miles off the coast of Mobile, Ala., and served as a forward floating base for 40 SH-60 Seahawks and Army UH-60 Black Hawks, some of which were from Naval Air Station (NAS) Jacksonville. The helos ran approximately 90 missions ashore per day.

"Our goal was to bring the helos closer so they could be more responsive," said Truman Commanding Officer Capt. James P. Gigliotti. "We became that afloat forward support base where we could provide fuel, food, maintenance support and a mobile landing strip that would allow us to flow helos to the affected area a lot quicker, which meant a faster response time."

One of the carrier's most important missions was the production of water for the region. Truman is capable of producing 400,000 gallons a day.

Many Truman Sailors went ashore in Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi to assist in taking water, food and other supplies to thousands of stranded hurricane victims. Sailors also volunteered to provide skills in language translation, equipment operations, medical treatment and other areas.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:40:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It is exactly where I think it is. No one is addressing my points. They are, instead and predictably, attacking me. That is proof the attackers have been defeated in the arena of ideas, as a radio talk show host used to say.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh yes...there is a lack of critical thinking....it's not where you think it is however...

It is exactly where I think it is. No one is addressing my points. They are, instead and predictably, attacking me. That is proof the attackers have been defeated in the arena of ideas, as a radio talk show host used to say.

You just don't like when you get told why you are wrong. This is how threads go that you participate in:

1) OP says something related to the .mil
2) Members with experience, and some without, elaborate and ask questions. Some stupid.
3) You come in showing your ass calling the military a bunch of assholes and fuck ups. Then make some comment on how things should be done.
4) Someone with experience tell you why your idea sucks.
5) Before you respond to that, you mock the members on the site.
6) You respond to the person with experience that tells you why you are wrong by coming up with bullshit and being argumentative. You also tend to talk shit about the member with experience.

Somewhere within this process other members who are trying to read and enjoy the thread get pissed off at you and tell you to fuck off.

Fuck off.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I can see the advantage for a nuclear powered ship, but what is the advantage for a non nuke powered ship?  

Less moving parts?
More speed variation?
More quiet?

Is it more efficient?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have provided reasons why the claims this ship will power the shore in disater relief scenarios will never occur and why it cannot occur. In return, I am attacked personally.

I do not see your resume posted, so your cries for "credentials" are a double standard and a red-herring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see you have no intelligent reply to add to this discussion. Continue to obfuscate in order to hide your ignorance.

Seriously? You are the clown that pops in to a huge chunk of military related threads, shits on all the services, makes no positive contribution to the thread, and then calls other members out without citing your credentials as an authority on the matter. Fuck off.

I have provided reasons why the claims this ship will power the shore in disater relief scenarios will never occur and why it cannot occur. In return, I am attacked personally.

I do not see your resume posted, so your cries for "credentials" are a double standard and a red-herring.

My resume for calling you out on being a dick is as follows:

Birth-Present Day: Deals with assholes on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:43:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if they will be able to provide shore power in an emergency? That would come in handy for natural disasters.

Just what one wants to do in a natural disaster, put power into the grid. Your lack of critical thinking ability makes me sad.
And your posting makes the rest if us laugh. Who said anything about a grid? You could power a tent city refugee center/command post/staging area.  

THe possibilities are endless.

Never heard of a MEU have ya big thinker?

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:43:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm sorry, but that is one butt-fucking-ugly ship.

Deserves its name...
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:43:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's a lot of juice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
combined 80 mega-watt power

That's a lot of juice.

I'm waiting for the 1.21GW USS McFly.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:44:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see you have no intelligent reply to add to this discussion. Continue to obfuscate in order to hide your ignorance.

Seriously? You are the clown that pops in to a huge chunk of military related threads, shits on all the services, makes no positive contribution to the thread, and then calls other members out without citing your credentials as an authority on the matter. Fuck off.

Something sure crawled up his ass this morning didn't it?

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:44:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if they will be able to provide shore power in an emergency? That would come in handy for natural disasters.

Just what one wants to do in a natural disaster, put power into the grid. Your lack of critical thinking ability makes me sad.
And your posting makes the rest if us laugh. Who said anything about a grid? You could power a tent city refugee center/command post/staging area.  

Yes. Irrelevant, but yes.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[

In the early days of the relief effort, the Vinson provided much-needed emergency medical care. It also brought with it a number of helicopters that are critical to relief efforts, doing as many as 240 landings of helicopters and other planes.

Over two weeks, the Vinson provided more than 87,000 gallons of water and airlifted to earthquake victims, more than 162 tons of food airlifted to earthquake victims, and more than 36,000 lbs. of medical supplies airlifted to earthquake victims. The ship will likely continue on to the California coast, where it was meant to sail to before it got the order for Haiti.

What is your point? They did not do that by putting into port. The key word is "airlifted."
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have provided reasons why the claims this ship will power the shore in disater relief scenarios will never occur and why it cannot occur.
View Quote

It's the US Navy.
They have a history of doing things with things that were not supposed to do them.
You should never say "never" when the US Navy is involved.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:46:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I realize it is you MO to shit in every thread involving the military, but you should probably just sit back and pay attention when a lot of our   members are talking.  

You have displayed how clueless you actually are many times in your attempt perform this self appointed civic duty of yours.

Sit down, shut up, and listen to the experts we have here. Once you figure out who actually knows what they are talking about and who is full of shit, then you may be able to carry on an intelligent conversation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I realize it is you MO to shit in every thread involving the military, but you should probably just sit back and pay attention when a lot of our   members are talking.  

I have seen some who have demonstrated expertise here. They are, notably, not disagreeing with me on this matter.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh yes...there is a lack of critical thinking....it's not where you think it is however...

OK 14'er.....what are your exact qualifications on this subject....keep in mind a good many of those posting in this thread  are of the BTDT type.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Truman anchored 50 miles off the coast of Mobile, Ala., and served as a forward floating base for 40 SH-60 Seahawks and Army UH-60 Black Hawks, some of which were from Naval Air Station (NAS) Jacksonville. The helos ran approximately 90 missions ashore per day.

"Our goal was to bring the helos closer so they could be more responsive," said Truman Commanding Officer Capt. James P. Gigliotti. "We became that afloat forward support base where we could provide fuel, food, maintenance support and a mobile landing strip that would allow us to flow helos to the affected area a lot quicker, which meant a faster response time."

One of the carrier's most important missions was the production of water for the region. Truman is capable of producing 400,000 gallons a day.

Many Truman Sailors went ashore in Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi to assist in taking water, food and other supplies to thousands of stranded hurricane victims. Sailors also volunteered to provide skills in language translation, equipment operations, medical treatment and other areas.

Fifty miles offshore is a long way to run power lines.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And away we go...
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:47:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You just don't like when you get told why you are wrong. This is how threads go that you participate in:

2) Members with experience, and some without, elaborate and ask questions. Some stupid.
3) You come in showing your ass calling the military a bunch of assholes and fuck ups. Then make some comment on how things should be done.
6) You respond to the person with experience that tells you why you are wrong by coming up with bullshit and being argumentative. You also tend to talk shit about the member with experience.

Somewhere within this process other members who are trying to read and enjoy the thread get pissed off at you and tell you to fuck off.

Fuck off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck off.

I am not wrong. Therefore, your entire thesis and supporting statements are fallacious.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:47:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should seek counseling. You seem to exhibit anger management issues.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:48:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's the US Navy.
They have a history of doing things with things that were not supposed to do them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have provided reasons why the claims this ship will power the shore in disater relief scenarios will never occur and why it cannot occur.

It's the US Navy.

You are quite correct. The U.S. Navy has more than its fair share of stupid.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:50:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What is your point? They did not do that by putting into port. The key word is "airlifted."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
[

As a result, early this week the Vinson will receive up to 100,000 special 2- and 5-gallon water "bladders," collapsible containers that will make the transportation of such enormous volumes of liquid more efficient. If the Vinson could actually move all of its 200,000 excess gallons to Haitian distribution points each day, it could as much as double the present amount of water aid, which relief agencies and military helicopter pilots alike say is being used up faster than they can deliver it. That in turn would allow donor governments and organizations to turn more of their efforts toward augmenting other critical necessities like food, medical supplies and, later on, long-term help like building materials.

Jesus, do i have to draw a picture?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

OK 14'er.....what are your exact qualifications on this subject....keep in mind a good many of those posting in this thread  are of the BTDT type.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why does one need qualifications or credintials when the truth is obvious?

Do U.S. Navy ships make water in port? Do they pump sewage into the water in port? Would there or would there not be security concerns for the ship if in port during a disaster? Would there or would there not need to be a clear channel to navigate into, and would or would not a natural disaster be likely to foul the channel?

Those are the questions you need to answer.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:52:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
As a result, early this week the Vinson will receive up to 100,000 special 2- and 5-gallon water "bladders," collapsible containers that will make the transportation of such enormous volumes of liquid more efficient. If the Vinson could actually move all of its 200,000 excess gallons to Haitian distribution points each day, it could as much as double the present amount of water aid, which relief agencies and military helicopter pilots alike say is being used up faster than they can deliver it. That in turn would allow donor governments and organizations to turn more of their efforts toward augmenting other critical necessities like food, medical supplies and, later on, long-term help like building materials.

You do not. The U.S. Navy does not enter their ships into port when conducting disaster relief missions. I have monitored their operations closely. They have yet to do it for the reasons I have already outlined.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:56:35 AM EDT
[#24]
We got a live one here boys.

We are all stupid and he won't supply anything to back up what he says because he doesn't have to because he "is right".  
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:57:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Do U.S. Navy ships make water in port? Do they pump sewage into the water in port? Would there or would there not be security concerns for the ship if in port during a disaster? Would there or would there not need to be a clear channel to navigate into, and would or would not a natural disaster be likely to foul the channel? You don't think the navy can clear a channel?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do U.S. Navy ships make water in port? Do they pump sewage into the water in port? Would there or would there not be security concerns for the ship if in port during a disaster? Would there or would there not need to be a clear channel to navigate into, and would or would not a natural disaster be likely to foul the channel? You don't think the navy can clear a channel?

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:58:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Which government or group do you work for?  You aren't American, your writing style makes that highly unlikely unless you are just trying way too hard to sound intelligent.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Can't imagine the gas milage on that sucker.

Probably about 5000 gallons per jigawatt/hour.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:02:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

its a theoretical ability, but I don't think its ever been done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And already been done with the nukes on aircraft carriers. As long as you can go ashore and verify the integrity of whatever circuits you're going to power, the only real limit is the output of the ship.

I could have sworn one of the USN guys on here talked about doing it, but maybe he was talking theory as well.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

We are all stupid and he won't supply anything to back up what he says because he doesn't have to because he "is right".  
View Quote

Show me where I am wrong instead of attacking me personally. You cannot. Otherwise, you would have done so already. In fact, the one person who tried, proved my statements to be correct. USS Carl Vinson provided aid from fifty miles offshore, not in port. The same can be said of the ships who provided aid to New York during Superstorm Sandy. And to the USS Ronald Reagan that responded to the Japanese earthquake. You should go to the www.history.navy.mil site and review the ship's operational logs that are there.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:03:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You do not. The U.S. Navy does not enter their ships into port when conducting disaster relief missions. I have monitored their operations closely. They have yet to do it for the reasons I have already outlined.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Making 13'ers seem charming.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You don't think the navy can clear a channel?
View Quote

What sort of units are needed to clear a channel? How long does it take them to get to the scene? How must they get there?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Which government or group do you work for?  You aren't American, your writing style makes that highly unlikely unless you are just trying way too hard to sound intelligent.

View Quote

I am as American as baseball and pumpkin pie.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Show me where I am wrong instead of attacking me personally. You cannot. Otherwise, you would have done so already. In fact, the one person who tried, proved my statements to be correct. USS Carl Vinson provided aid from fifty miles offshore, not in port. The same can be said of the ships who provided aid to New York during Superstorm Sandy. And to the USS Ronald Reagan that responded to the Japanese earthquake. You should go to the www.history.navy.mil site and review the ship's operational logs that are there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Notice all the Navy guys have left?  They know you are trolling for information.  One way to get that is to post extreme bullshit and demand to be corrected with the facts.

Have fun!  
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:05:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hmmm...you guys ever had an MG or a Triumph?

Rolls Royce is a British concern, oui?

Do the words "Magic Smoke" mean nothing to you?
View Quote

These are turbine engines. Should be pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:06:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Notice all the Navy guys have left?  They know you are trolling for information.  One way to get that is to post extreme bullshit and demand to be corrected with the facts.  

Have fun!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have fun!  

I am writing facts. They are not disputing my account because it is true.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have fun!  

Right, right....

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lack of creative thinking is your own epidemic.

The Navy did all this shit just fine after Katrina.  It's done the same damn thing after other disasters.

It's a tool in the toolbox.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just wanted to put a few kicks in at Lucas Electric.  I ain't got no time for relevancy.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:12:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I could have sworn one of the USN guys on here talked about doing it, but maybe he was talking theory as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And already been done with the nukes on aircraft carriers. As long as you can go ashore and verify the integrity of whatever circuits you're going to power, the only real limit is the output of the ship.

It's in one of those "and you could hear the pin drop" chain emails that get posted every once in a while.

There was a conference in France where a number of international engineers were taking part, including French and American. During a break, one of the French engineers came back into the room saying ‘Have you heard the latest dumb stunt Bush has done? He has sent an aircraft carrier to Indonesia to help the tsunami victims. What does he intended to do, bomb them?’

A Boeing engineer stood up and replied quietly: ‘Our carriers have three hospitals on board that can treat several hundred people; they are nuclear powered and can supply emergency electrical power to shore facilities; they have three cafeterias with the capacity to feed 3,000 people three meals a day, they can produce several thousand gallons of fresh water from sea water each day, and they carry half a dozen helicopters for use in transporting victims and injured to and from their flight deck. We have eleven such ships; how many does France have?’

You could have heard a pin drop.

Who knows if the story is true or not?  I note that per the story, the capability is only that it COULD.  Not that it was actually done.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The Navy did all this shit just fine after Katrina.  It's done the same damn thing after other disasters.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The U.S. Navy did not provide power during Katrina, which is the point in dispute.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:20:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What sort of units are needed to clear a channel? How long does it take them to get to the scene? How must they get there?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow look.  A navy ship docked in new orleans during katrina rescues.
Fuckin magic
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:26:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Fuckin magic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuckin magic

It docked at a U.S. Navy facility a week after the disaster. U.S. Navy facilities have their own back-up power sources and would be able to service a ship. It is not uncommon for a U.S. Navy ship to return to a U.S. Navy facility a week after a hurricane.

Even then, the USS Tortuga did not provide power to New Orleans, Lousianna.

I guess all the U.S. Navy has to do is plan for future natual disasters to be co-located with a U.S. Navy facility. For clarification, the last sentence is sarcasm.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:34:11 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its been done.  But power is limited to military bases only.  Power companies got a law passed that said military can not power anything but there bases.

Falls under the reason the first civilian nuclear reactor power plant at Shipping port was built by navy, but not run by the navy.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I just wanted to put a few kicks in at Lucas Electric.  I ain't got no time for relevancy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, I see (said the blind man.)
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It docked at a U.S. Navy facility a week after the disaster. U.S. Navy facilities have their own back-up power sources and would be able to service a ship. It is not uncommon for a U.S. Navy ship to return to a U.S. Navy facility a week after a hurricane.

I guess all the U.S. Navy has to do is plan for future natual disasters to be co-located with a U.S. Navy facility. For clarification, the last sentence is sarcasm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuckin magic

A week later everything here was still fucked. You act like no one could get in to dock.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

A week later everything here was still fucked. You act like no one could get in to dock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuckin magic

I am not sure which statement you failed to understand. Was it:
1. That USS Tortuga docked at a U.S. Navy facility.
2. That U.S. Navy ships dock at U.S. Navy facilities a week after a hurricane routinely.
3. That USS Tortuga did not provide power to the City of New Orleans.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Welcome "Primorsky II"' or maybe the Farsi equivalent.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:50:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

2. That U.S. Navy ships dock at U.S. Navy facilities a week after a hurricane routinely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe it was this one where you said none of that was possible. They couldn't be in port in a disaster.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Have fun!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have fun!  

Except Shoe is right.  USN ships haven't provided electrical power to the beach during disaster relief operations.  The CVNs stayed well out to sea during disaster relief operations.  There are issues with making fresh water close to land.  

He wasn't aruging that with the point that the USN performs DSCA/HADR, but with the idea that USN ships act as suppliers to an electrical grid or that they make fresh water in port to distribute to disaster victims.  The latter wouldn't make us many friends, for sure.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Most ice-breakers already use a similar system.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top