Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No one else wants the job.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oakland Raiders reportedly fire head coach Dennis Allen, who was 8-28 over 3 seasons - @JayGlazer, @RapSheet

No one else wants the job.

Yup.......
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:38:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
#1 pick, #1pick, #1pick

Think positive guys.
View Quote

Going to worry about Jacksonville for that #1 pick spot they are 0-4 also and not looking good at all.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:40:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've been picked on by Cowboy fans so should I punch them too?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Until they change ownership, fan base and location they will be the basement of the NFL.

I am a life long raiders fan, and I approve this statement.

I am a life long Raiders hater. I grew up on the central coast o of Commifornia. I had options as a kid, two of which were Joe Montana and the 49ers or the pieces of shit that sold drugs and girls and tried to jump me 5 on one wearing Raiders jackets as I walked to my friends house after school. I always rood for the 9ers, but my team is the Cardinals now that I am an Arizona resident of 12 years. I still want to punch every set of eyes above a raiders jacket I see....essay.
I've been picked on by Cowboy fans so should I punch them too?

Funny you should ask. Absolutely. The only thing more annoying than a raiders fan (Not a Broncos fan but I root for them because fuck the raiders) is a Cowboys fan tied solidly with Stealers fans. Some ref has a fat retirement account.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:40:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Until they change ownership, they will be the basement of the NFL.

I am a life long raiders fan, and I approve this statement.
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:41:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
#1 pick, #1pick, #1pick

Think positive guys.
View Quote

How did that 'game' against KC work out?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:44:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
#1 pick, #1pick, #1pick

Think positive guys.

Pat's are being exposed now, years and years of BB being the asshole head coach has lead to a lack of talent on both sides of the ball. Even Brady isn't good enough to hide the failings of Bill Belicheck anymore...  That "game" tonight was a straight up ass kicking.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:49:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Pat's are being exposed now, years and years of BB being the asshole head coach has lead to a lack of talent on both sides of the ball. Even Brady isn't good enough to hide the failings of Bill Belicheck anymore...  That "game" tonight was a straight up ass kicking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
#1 pick, #1pick, #1pick

Think positive guys.

Even the Raiders typically score 14, and typically hold the other teams to way less than 41!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:10:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Whats the Raiders record over the last ten games again? I get fuzzy when I have to use negative numbers.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:12:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Every fuckin' year.  They let me down every fuckin' year.   I'd pick a different favorite team, but I guess I'm just stubborn.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:16:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Your teams looking like it's picking 2nd... Hell even the Raiders gave the Pats all they could handle
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
#1 pick, #1pick, #1pick

Think positive guys.

Your teams looking like it's picking 2nd... Hell even the Raiders gave the Pats all they could handle

If they keep playing like they did last night you might be right. Any stud o-linemen or Megatron like recievers entering the draft next year?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:21:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
#1 pick, #1pick, #1pick

Think positive guys.

You are over reacting. People said the same shit last year.

I am not going to panic unless the Bengals do the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:33:33 AM EDT
[#12]
im a raiders fan and this shit is painful
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:11:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:15:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Raider nation. Always have been always will be.
Sidenote I havent watched a single nfl game this year.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#16]
They have the best uniform in football.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Have been a Raiders fan my whole life.  It's been a rough go. .  My wife bought me an Authentic Janokowski jersey a few years back thou.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:38:02 AM EDT
[#18]
COMMITMENT TO EXCREMENT

Fuck the raiturds.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:46:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Maybe they'll win the Super Bowl again before I die of old age.
View Quote

We won't.

We certainly won't while the Ghost of Al Davis exists.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:13:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If they keep playing like they did last night you might be right. Any stud o-linemen or Megatron like recievers entering the draft next year?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
#1 pick, #1pick, #1pick

Think positive guys.

If there were BB would trade out of the first round and draft a few more busts... and the NFL analysts will call him a genius for it
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#21]
I gotta hand it to Raiders fans though, you guys stay dogmatically proud of your team despite them sucking big floppy donkey dick season after season. That's impressive.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Old story...
In other news, water is wet
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:53:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They have the best uniform in football.
View Quote

I'll just assume you meant to quote my post only two above that one, because any other possible meaning of your statement is ludicrous.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:14:28 PM EDT
[#24]
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11615699/dennis-allen-fired-head-coach-oakland-raiders

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders have fired coach Dennis Allen, the team announced Monday night.

Allen, 42, was 8-28 as Oakland's coach. He was fired after the Raiders, who retooled their roster this past offseason, started 0-4

An announcement on the interim coach will come Tuesday, with offensive line coach Tony Sparano expected to be the first assistant offered the interim job. However, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Ed Werder that offensive coordinator Greg Olson is campaigning heavily for the job. Senior offensive assistant Al Saunders is also an option.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:51:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11615699/dennis-allen-fired-head-coach-oakland-raiders

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders have fired coach Dennis Allen, the team announced Monday night.

Allen, 42, was 8-28 as Oakland's coach. He was fired after the Raiders, who retooled their roster this past offseason, started 0-4

An announcement on the interim coach will come Tuesday, with offensive line coach Tony Sparano expected to be the first assistant offered the interim job. However, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Ed Werder that offensive coordinator Greg Olson is campaigning heavily for the job. Senior offensive assistant Al Saunders is also an option.

ya because Sparano did such a great job in Miami...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Gruden going to be the next guy ?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think Gruden would come out of retirement to coach a team like the raiders, they have the oldest roster in football and they need a total overhaul, only good thing about them right now is that Derrek Carr actually seems to be able to play at the pro level. I was sorry to see him get injured even if he was playing my team. He could be the the building block for the rest of the team given some time but man.... They need a LOT of help on both sides of the ball.

I'd expect them to try to grab a big name coach in the offseason but I don't see anyone wanting to tackle that rebuilding
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:22:00 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

A lot of broncos fans don't even consider Oakland to be a worthy "rival" any longer... Most of us see Seattle as a valid rival.
View Quote
And as a "Broncos Fan" you realize the Seahawks are in NFC right?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't think Gruden would come out of retirement to coach a team like the raiders, they have the oldest roster in football and they need a total overhaul, only good thing about them right now is that Derrek Carr actually seems to be able to play at the pro level. I was sorry to see him get injured even if he was playing my team. He could be the the building block for the rest of the team given some time but man.... They need a LOT of help on both sides of the ball.

I'd expect them to try to grab a big name coach in the offseason but I don't see anyone wanting to tackle that rebuilding
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they gave Gruden total control? Maybe... GM and Head Coach? And the cash to actually recruit? Maybe... That'd be a hell of an offer for any coach.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Gruden has said multiple times he wants to coach again, he also has what he calles his raider room in his home.  Last night he wore black and silver during the mnf game. http://i.imgur.com/wLpbc5e.png
You know that means something.

He is currently in contract until 2016 but money is not everything.  Gruden is coming back, not this year but soon.  You naysayers will all see, the Raiders will be back on top.  

I have been a raider fan almost my whole life. They are more than just a team.

Highs and lowes it dont matter cause with the silver and black, there is no way back.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:26:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

#ShutUp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In all sincerity, as a lifelong Broncos fan:

http://i.imgur.com/XykiJvA.jpg

#ShutUp.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:45:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If there were BB would trade out of the first round and draft a few more busts... and the NFL analysts will call him a genius for it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
#1 pick, #1pick, #1pick

Think positive guys.

They call him a defensive genius, not an all around football genius. This started when he was with the GIANTS. His defensive scheme allowed the Giants to win a game they should not have won, at least based on talent. No, i do not mean their recent SB's either. This was back in the 90's. Last year's game against the Falcons is an example. Last night however, he treated it like a preseason game based on the starting oline an active receivers. There seemed to be no halftime adjustments at all.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Hopefully a new coach for the Raiders will help them like it did the Lions.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:08:03 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote
It turned the San Francisco 49ers around

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:00:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Garbage in, garbage out.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:03:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The raiders will win the super bowl this year and after they do the asshole in the black and silver jersey will turn off the x box and rejoin the real world.

Fuck the raiders, and after a few experiences at raider games. Fuck their shit flinging mouth breathing fans too.
View Quote

Raider Nation, is also Dodger Nation, and Kings Nation. Same fan base of classless assholes.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:20:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

We could always start video taping the opposing team's sidelines to rear their lips / plays.

Maybe Aaron Hernandez will get off??
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:52:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Raider Nation, is also Dodger Nation, and Kings Nation. Same fan base of classless assholes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The raiders will win the super bowl this year and after they do the asshole in the black and silver jersey will turn off the x box and rejoin the real world.

Fuck the raiders, and after a few experiences at raider games. Fuck their shit flinging mouth breathing fans too.

You forgot the Lakers...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

It is gong to take many years of painful suck to undo what Al did to the team. And from what I can tell, his children may only be marginally better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A Pats fan talking shit while his bitches die in KC tonight. You forgot where you came from with that shit.

Raiders are in pain.

I have been to many a game and tailgate party in Oaktown.

Born and raised silver and black.

We had a lot of good seasons but it has been miserable for way too long now.

It is gong to take many years of painful suck to undo what Al did to the team. And from what I can tell, his children may only be marginally better.

The Dutch boy ginger will be much worse than Al's later years

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:19:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Cant seem to get out of there own way sometimes as a life long Bengals fan I have been there plenty.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:36:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You assessment is correct.
What I would do:
Carr is a good talent, now we need more payers to build a team around him. I woud trade off the vets and other players who have a value, but will be too old when the team is rebuilt. I would load up on draft picks and plan 2-3 years out to have a team that is like the ones that win: younger players with a small core of skilled vets to mentor them.

"Commitment to Excellence" would not be just a motto anymore, it would be a standard. The culture of The team would change from suck to "tight disciplined, physical football" and make sure that the players know that the "Silver and Black attack" does not mean 15 yard penalties.

And a quality coach is a given

One can hope!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:43:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
We're number 32, we're number 32, we're number 32....
View Quote

My Jaguars will fight you for that title.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:45:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This, right here!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In all sincerity, as a lifelong Broncos fan:

http://i.imgur.com/XykiJvA.jpg

This, right here!

Ditto!!!

I bleed orange and blue (and gold... on account of my college team). I've stuck with the Donkeys through thick and thin over most of the past 46 years. They can be disappointing at times... but thank God they're not the RAIDERS!!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:48:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Indeed! I've had a few opportunities to see a Broncos game at Oakland. Have passed each time. I'd watch my donkeys play just about anywhere... but OAK.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:06:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Gruden is already saying he doesn't want to coach the Raiders hahaha!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:12:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Gruden is already saying he doesn't want to coach the Raiders hahaha!
View Quote

When I first heard his name being thrown around for that, I was thinking... What... The... Hell??? Like he'd leave his cushy gig at ESPN for that!!! I like him, but I think that he's really fond of hearing his own voice on TV.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Another "rebuilding" year.
View Quote

The Lions (and Cleveland Browns) motto:

Hey, at least we did better than the Raiders!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another "rebuilding" year.

Bout the only NFL team that can't confidently feel that way most years is the Jaguars.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top