BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Depending on the chic, embellish the job you have....if she is a right now kind of chic that is. They don't verify through NICS etc so if your looking for a quick fun time...no harm in this.

The haircut, brush your teeth and working out are all things I felt was an unnecessary item and was a major implication on the whole dating realm,I could be wrong.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
-work out 3 times a week
-brush your teeth and get hair cuts frequently (if you have hair left)
-secure a good job
-put up a picture holding an adorable animal.

Profit!

Depending on the chic, embellish the job you have....if she is a right now kind of chic that is. They don't verify through NICS etc so if your looking for a quick fun time...no harm in this.

The haircut, brush your teeth and working out are all things I felt was an unnecessary item and was a major implication on the whole dating realm,I could be wrong.

You forgot "wash your legs". Half of arfcom admitted to barely bathing in that other thread.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:01:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You forgot "wash your legs". Half of arfcom admitted to barely bathing in that other thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-work out 3 times a week

-secure a good job

Profit!

Ew.  I take a bath once a week if I need it or not.  Thesee GDers are kinda gross.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:08:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Bags of sand, of course.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do boobs feel like?

Bags of sand, of course.

You motorboatin' sum bitch, are they built for speed or for comfort???
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:38:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Get in shape. Get a haircut. Get new clothes. Take new photos.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What advice do you have for guys like me, who can't even get women to like him on Tinder, Eharmony, OKCupid, POF, Zoosk, etc? It seems like women look at my picture, and just go "ugh! no thanks!"

I'm lucky if I go on 3 dates a year.

And get confident. Even if you have to fake it. You will begin to believe it after a while. Women love confidence and hate or pity, wimps.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:55:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Basics:
Have a job
Have a car
Have a place to live (not in your parent's basement)
Decent hygiene
Have a SMARTPHONE (this is the best dating tool ever invented)

Next
Keep yourself in shape. You don't have to go all out and get all ripped just keep yourself in better shape than 90 percent of the guys in your age group.
Have some decent clothes for going out and make a "whore bag" of extra clothes, condoms, toothbrush, razor, swim trunks or work clothes for the next day to keep in your car.
Have a attitude of confidence that you are the "catch" being difficult to tie down and stick to that plan. Focus on just having fun no matter the situation.
Make a profile with current pics tastefully done.
Keep you profile short and sweet without disclosing specifics about your job/income/past relationships. just make it about just looking to have fun without clichés about hangin on the couch, walks on the beach blah blah... same old crap. Insinuate NO EXPECTATIONS. Ask a couple women you know their opinion on your profile.

Now comes the important part... practice and communication.
Start easy. Message women that appear approachable and average with out being too picky,
Its ok if they message you but you can be selective. No land whales but its ok if they are average. (This stage is all about practice to develop confidence and mystery)
Start communications about the basics. the general area where you and they live to get a bearing about how far to travel.
Ask them about hobbies, marital status, job and health without giving much of your information. Remember to keep it all about them and not much about you.
If you cannot set a actual face to face meet in a week then stop communicating with them.
Get as many first meets as you can. Don't expect anything to happen just treat them with respect and remember to keep it all about them. Don't talk about any past relationships, sex or volunteer too much info about yourself. Be a gentleman.  No compliments... none. Maybe say they look nice max. A quick kiss and a hug at the end of the date. Let them wonder...
I don't care how attractive they are don't get caught up in them. it doesn't matter. If it goes well say you would be open to seeing them again if they so wish. Leave it up to them. If you like them send them a message the next day thanking them for a nice time and leave it at that. Let them take it from there.
If you get second date great. Stick with the same plan. Do not be afraid to do multiple dates with other women in a week. Don't get attached. If by the 3rd or 4th date they want to try out the "goods" its ok but let them know up front that you are dating and have no plans of being tied down. STICK TO IT!!! Its practice... then you have the confidence to get the attractive ones
Pretty soon you will meeting up with women you thought you could never land...
I could go on and on... just a start... this works..

You consider EVERY date an ADVENTURE and learning experience!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Might as well throw this in here..

I'm currently getting the silent treatment for no reason that I can tell after a series of fun dates.  The last communication was a normal text convo about her new cable tv service, that she initiated.  Then radio silence.  (No stalker texts from me, etc). My question, since I am going to be strong and not text or call her, is how should I treat her if she does text or call?  Act like no big deal?  Pretend the silence didn't happen?  Bring it up and ask wtf?  Get pissed and try to make her feel like an asshole?

What would you youngsters do in this situation?

At what point do I uunfriend her on facebook?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm currently getting the silent treatment for no reason that I can tell after a series of fun dates.  The last communication was a normal text convo about her new cable tv service, that she initiated.  Then radio silence.  (No stalker texts from me, etc). My question, since I am going to be strong and not text or call her, is how should I treat her if she does text or call?  Act like no big deal?  Pretend the silence didn't happen?  Bring it up and ask wtf?  Get pissed and try to make her feel like an asshole?

View Quote

Don't worry about it focus on having fun and start setting up another date. Its ok to maybe send a message on a friend level but if you don't get a reply... so what.
Date many so you have a back up plan
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pick up the phone and call her. She probably thinks she's getting the silent treatment from you since the last communication was one that she initiated. I wouldn't say anything about the perceived silence, she has a life too most likely. If she says anything about it just say you've been crazy busy lately with no elaboration, then she will maybe think you have a life whether you do or not. Don't overthink it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:48:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

In the real world the pathetic guy spends time with a girl like the movies show but only to be used, walked on, and put in the friend zone.  He doesn't understand why something didn't work because he did exactly what the movies show.  I fell into that category for many years.  Then to make things worse that guy watches as she goes running back to the strong confident guy.  Be the strong confident guy.  

same.

a clarification is in order, though: "confident" =/= "douchebag".  some women are attracted to douchebag behavior, because they believe that this means the guy is confident.

these same women will be much more attracted to a man who is confident without being douchey.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Pick up the phone and call her. She probably thinks she's getting the silent treatment from you since the last communication was one that she initiated. I wouldn't say anything about the perceived silence, she has a life too most likely. If she says anything about it just say you've been crazy busy lately with no elaboration, then she will maybe think you have a life whether you do or not. Don't overthink it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

all of this.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:50:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What advice do you have for guys like me, who can't even get women to like him on Tinder, Eharmony, OKCupid, POF, Zoosk, etc? It seems like women look at my picture, and just go "ugh! no thanks!"

View Quote

Get a woman to help you edit your profile.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't date anymore (married again), but when I was dating one of the first topics was politics followed by gun ownership.

Those two things were a serious indicator to me of whether or not there was going to be a second date, even if she hadn't decided to go on a second date.

The gun thing was usually first date for me.   You'd be surprised how many women said "oh, cool, I didn't know you were carrying" and still ended up home with me on the next or third date (I don't do first date sex, w/e if you think that's unmanly).

YMMV
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'm working on getting into better shape.... but I'm not *SO* fat that it's that noticeable in photos. I also don't exclusively message super models. I often do find myself messaging fat chicks.

The photos I have, my hair looks decent.

The clothes I have on in my photos, are also quite nice (at least in my opinion.

However, I don't feel I really take good photos. I'm not very ... photogenic.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm working on getting into better shape.... but I'm not *SO* fat that it's that noticeable in photos. I also don't exclusively message super models. I often do find myself messaging fat chicks.

The clothes I have on in my photos, are also quite nice (at least in my opinion.

We've met in real life. We both come across as awkward stereotypical arfcommers in real life, and that is a major challenge. Read the thread I started in team; there is lots of good advice. What I ended up doing is going clothing shopping with a "masculine" gay friend since I have no idea what kind of clothes to buy. Then, I tossed almost all of my photos and took new ones doing things in nice clothes. The clothes made all the difference in the world, I went from almost no messages to frequent messages. It helps to have a realistic target demographic.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:00:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't date anymore (married again), but when I was dating one of the first topics was politics followed by gun ownership.

Those two things were a serious indicator to me of whether or not there was going to be a second date, even if she hadn't decided to go on a second date.

The gun thing was usually first date for me.   You'd be surprised how many women said "oh, cool, I didn't know you were carrying" and still ended up home with me on the next or third date (I don't do first date sex, w/e if you think that's unmanly).

YMMV
View Quote

Date for fun, entertainment, meet people, and mostly to LEARN about the type of person you want in LTR. Don't take dating personally, just focus on having fun no matter what... cannot stress that enough!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:07:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
-work out 3 times a week
-secure a good job

Profit!

View Quote

Like this ....?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:08:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

all of this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

all of this.

So just go with it if I hear back?  If she mentions it, I shouldn't mention that I felt like I was getting the silent treatment?  I don't think I'm going to call her, in case she actually wants me to just go away.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:09:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
In the real world the pathetic guy spends time with a girl like the movies show but only to be used, walked on, and put in the friend zone.  He doesn't understand why something didn't work because he did exactly what the movies show.  I fell into that category for many years.  Then to make things worse that guy watches as she goes running back to the strong confident guy.  Be the strong confident guy.  

same.

a clarification is in order, though: "confident" =/= "douchebag".  some women are attracted to douchebag behavior, because they believe that this means the guy is confident.

these same women will be much more attracted to a man who is confident without being douchey.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

same.

At the same time, if you're confident without being douchey, you won't eliminate the ladies that can't stand douchebags.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So just go with it if I hear back?  If she mentions it, I shouldn't mention that I felt like I was getting the silent treatment?  I don't think I'm going to call her, in case she actually wants me to just go away.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

all of this.

Don't mention anything about the silent treatment. Just roll with it and maybe ask what she's been up to the last few days. She'll either tell you, or she won't. Not a BFD.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No no no no no no.  Do not do this.  Women do not know how to pick up women.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:16:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

all of this.

Its ok to call her, take whatever she gives you for what it is and leave the door open.... ive had women contact me back after not hearing from them for months. Line up another date and keep going.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:20:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, except for the local clam bar...
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is that, I suppose.

Maybe get a lesbian to edit your profile?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:22:46 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Don't mention anything about the silent treatment. Just roll with it and maybe ask what she's been up to the last few days. She'll either tell you, or she won't. Not a BFD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yup.  

AK, think of her like a guy you met and enjoyed hanging out with.  if he hadn't called you for a couple of days, but you wanted to go to the range or something, you wouldn't sit there wondering why he hadn't called, and what that meant, and should you or shouldn't you call.  you'd just call and say "wanna go shooting?", and then take it from there.  

do that.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

women are, however, good at identifying things that might sound creepy or unattractive to other women.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I compiled this last night in a different thread and it got me thinking. ARFcom has had an influx of recently single members whether by their doing or the other persons doing. Some have said,"Oh well!!" and moved on to the next person and other have followed a different path. Well I am here to post what I have learned through trial and error and the lessons I learned early on years ago about dating women in general. But how does DD know so much yet been married for almost 9 years you say???!!???, well I learned these all before marriage and I am the unofficial go to guy among my single friends for the rules and the tricks to dating/fucking 2 or more women at a time and neither finding out about the other. I'm a damn pro and if I truly wanted to, could easily go behind my wife's back, but she is a great catch and I prefer to be with her as opposed to a random chick for a couple of fuck sessions and then onto the next. So sit back, take notes and hope this helps those who need it.

Follow these rules while you're easing back into dating or if you have no clue on how to date online or in real life.....
(Not in any specific order and other Masters, please feel free to add to what I have come up with so far)

1. Call once after a couple days....if she doesn't answer when she isn't supposed to be at work....don't call again and forget her.

2. However long between texts she takes to get back to you....that's when you return a text.

3. Don't ever offer your number if you're online dating. Wait until they ask or if they give it to you.

4. ALWAYS refer to them as a woman....not chic, hooker, babe, hottie...you get my drift.

5.First date should be lunch or early afternoon. Then promptly leave after 2-3 hours and for love of god, don't call or text until the next day or day after.

6.If your past girlfriends/wife comes up in conversation.....don't tear the ex up...say that she screwed up but took 2 to screw it up.....shows you are not bitter and you take responsibility for your actions.....regardless of the responsibility of your actions part,who cares if you really do or not as you're trying to get tail and not your next wife.

7.Don't talk about your impending divorce. Since you're not going to marry the chick you are trying to fuck, anytime soon, that doesn't need to be brought up. Again your objective isn't to jump into another marriage/long term thing right now.  

8.Take all the pics of your ex off your phone. Change the pet/nickname of your ex on your phone to her name.  

9.Let the new chick pick out things to do on first few dates. Be assertive and confident in whatever they suggest to show you're a strong male though.

10.Stay as positive as possible and don't get into heavy deep and usually negative discussions on life,family,deaths or exes. Keep things fun and light.

11.Don't text or call everyday. Coin toss on the night you last talked making it 1 or 2 days until you initiate a text or call. This shows you have a life but are still available. Obviously return calls and texts. Don't answer the first time she calls on some days too this is same principle.

12.Don't be afraid to pretend to like some bullshit they are into. Also DONOT bring up guns or politics until you know for sure she will not flip out and also they do not want to talk about current news events. They could give a shit less, do engage conversation if they bring up current events, but keep it short and don't go I to Arfcom style depth as to why this or that is the root cause etc.

I can go on but enough for now. Good luck and hope this helps.
View Quote

So don't be an overbearing, seemingly desperate, opinionated asshole who can't get over his ex.

Wow man! That's brilliant! Where did you learn this stuff? You should write a book or something.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:36:38 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

women are, however, good at identifying things that might sound creepy or unattractive to other women.

True.  Just don't let her turn it into "nice, sensitive guy that would be a great friend."

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:45:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
We've met in real life. We both come across as awkward stereotypical arfcommers in real life, and that is a major challenge. Read the thread I started in team; there is lots of good advice. What I ended up doing is going clothing shopping with a "masculine" gay friend since I have no idea what kind of clothes to buy. Then, I tossed almost all of my photos and took new ones doing things in nice clothes. The clothes made all the difference in the world, I went from almost no messages to frequent messages. It helps to have a realistic target demographic.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So basically... your clothes aren't as good as you think, your haircut probably isn't either, and that fat that you think isn't noticeable almost certainly is. Maybe a more realistic self evaluation is needed.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Be confident and don't take it personally.
You will surprised how many women will be chasing after you when get the confidence of knowing you can find another better, hotter chick before you are out of their driveway. (ive done it)

BTW Friend zone is ok if you do it right... it turned into a fwb. Now she is friend zoned lol

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Disagree with #9.  As the male, you should take the lead and pick the venue.  You're supposed to be the alpha & the leader.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

same.

That clarification is good.  To expand on it "strong, confident, and in control" does not mean you have be an asshole, jerk, or douchebag.  However to be an asshole, jerk, or douchebag you do need to be portray strength, confidence, and maintaining control of the situation.  That is where the confusion of "treat women like shit and they will throw themselves at you" comes from.  People see the assholes getting the ladies and think they are getting the ladies because they treat them poorly.  In reality is the strength and confidence that is attracting the women to the assholes.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:35:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Basics:
Have a job
Have a car
Decent hygiene

Next
Keep yourself in shape.

ETC, ETC.

View Quote

All assuming you can get a response in online dating.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:51:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't agree with #1 or #2 everyone has a life. If you think anyone is sitting by the phone waiting for you to call you are crazy.

ETA: And I thought the whole purpose of texting was so the recipient could reply when it was convenient versus having to stop what they were doing to answer the phone.

And on top of that not everyone has a nice quiet job. Half the time I never hear my phone ring.
View Quote

Are you single? Do you have a hard time getting date? Have girls just one minute been your GF and the next have stopped being your GF due to them dumping you?

If you answered yes to these, well may wanna take my advice over your own then.

If your successful with dating etc....then by all means dispute what I have written and modify it and make the rules better etc for those who need some advice or help
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:57:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I agree with most of your points, they are lessons I learned as well.  However, 2, 9, and 12 I disagree with.

12.  Is a mixed message.  I agree with "don't pretend to like something because she does", a confident man should stand up for himself.  But then you go on and tell that man neuter himself and not talk guns or anything else that might be offensive.  Now sure, if all your intentions are is a one night hit it and quit it session, that is good advice.  But for dating advice it will cause problems.  If the woman hates guns, then wouldn't you want to find out sooner than later?  Why go through the hassle and expense of multiple dates only to find out you are completely incompatible?  I put going to the gun range as a possible first date in my profile.  The girl is either into who I am as a person or they can move on.  #12 should be "don't pretend to like something just because she does and don't pretend to be someone other than who you really are."  That needs to tie into being strong, assertive, and confident.
View Quote

Most women do not give 2 shits about guns.  I promise you even chicks who are into guns do not want to be bombarded by someone with a good size collection. Most of the time women think that a guy with a gun is not a good thing.

My point is ease them into our hobby and dont just dive in. YMMV but on the experience of myself back in the day and my buddys currently, it usually is a deal breaker.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:01:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Learn to like country music and learn to dance. there might be otehr places to dance that arent hip hop/urban utes types but I dont know them. Learn some COUPLES country dances, take some lessons and go to places where they dance. The women will outnumber the men in my experience and they love to dance with a guy who knows what he's doing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:13:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Basics:
Have a job
Have a car
Decent hygiene

Next
Keep yourself in shape.

ETC, ETC.

Take note of the keep yourself in shape part. You have to appear to be the most eligible bachelor in town.
You have to be patient. It took me 6 months or so to finally get my profile and confidence tweaked,
Lower your standards too, Chat and meet women on the lower end of your standards to get in some practice (omg really did you do that? yes treat it as a learning experience) No one says you have to have sex with them. Do first meets.

Take sex off the table. Let them ask you for it.
After the 1 year of this I was going on at least 1 first date a week, had a FWB on the side, lining up one on email and another sending me messages.
I had at least 3 women going on at various stages at any one time. (thanks smartphone)
Some of the hotter women that I met were the ones initiating contact with me.
At one point  I had 3 first meets in a week.
One time I had a afternoon date and when I finished, my fwb hit me up for a booty call as I was driving away from the date.
Yeah. Even banged 3 of them in one weekend...
You will learn the kind of women you really want to be with.
Right now I have found one worthy of an exclusive relationship. If it fails I will be right back out there. I still get messages from ones I have dated and keep it on a friendly level.
Have fun with it and consider it an adventure. I found that you had to make about 10 contacts to get a 1st meet. Maybe 4 or 5 first meets to find one worthy of a 2nd date. Then the number that past the second date gets even smaller.

Don't be afraid to fail take it as a learning experience.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Most women do not give 2 shits about guns.  I promise you even chicks who are into guns do not want to be bombarded by someone with a good size collection. Most of the time women think that a guy with a gun is not a good thing.
My point is ease them into our hobby and dont just dive in. YMMV but on the experience of myself back in the day and my buddys currently, it usually is a deal breaker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with most of your points, they are lessons I learned as well.  However, 2, 9, and 12 I disagree with.
12.  Is a mixed message.  I agree with "don't pretend to like something because she does", a confident man should stand up for himself.  But then you go on and tell that man neuter himself and not talk guns or anything else that might be offensive.  Now sure, if all your intentions are is a one night hit it and quit it session, that is good advice.  But for dating advice it will cause problems.  If the woman hates guns, then wouldn't you want to find out sooner than later?  Why go through the hassle and expense of multiple dates only to find out you are completely incompatible?  I put going to the gun range as a possible first date in my profile.  The girl is either into who I am as a person or they can move on.  #12 should be "don't pretend to like something just because she does and don't pretend to be someone other than who you really are."  That needs to tie into being strong, assertive, and confident.

I had more women then I wanted to deal with when I mentioned the gun range in my profile.  The acceptance of that will vary depending on location.  Again if you are looking for a one night fuck then it doesn't matter.

If you are actually looking for a possible relationship and guns are important to you, then why would you want a woman that isn't into guns?  Sure it might chase off some women that aren't into guns but why would you want to waste your time dating them anyway?  My profile's intent was to convey "this is me, like it or leave it".

The result of my profile was it got me a woman who owned her own Glock, which I am a fan of, she likes to go to the gun range, she has started hunting, went to town on the machine guns and a 50 caliber rifle at the Kentucky home town shoot, and for our 2nd dating anniversary paid for both of us to go to a defensive handgun training class.  So my plan worked.  Again YMMV depending on location.

My awesome g/f.  http://youtu.be/ahRRZ6_o2uo

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Learn to like country music and learn to dance. there might be otehr places to dance that arent hip hop/urban utes types but I dont know them. Learn some COUPLES country dances, take some lessons and go to places where they dance. The women will outnumber the men in my experience and they love to dance with a guy who knows what he's doing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is plenty of music aside from crappy country that attracts high amounts of women.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I had more women then I wanted to deal with when I mentioned the gun range in my profile.  The acceptance of that will vary depending on location.  Again if you are looking for a one night fuck then it doesn't matter.

If you are actually looking for a possible relationship and guns are important to you, then why would you want a woman that isn't into guns?  Sure it might chase off some women that aren't into guns but why would you want to waste your time dating them anyway?  My profile's intent was to convey "this is me, like it or leave it".

The result of my profile was it got me a woman who owned her own Glock, which I am a fan of, she likes to go to the gun range, she has started hunting, went to town on the machine guns and a 50 caliber rifle at the Kentucky home town shoot, and for our 2nd dating anniversary paid for both of us to go to a defensive handgun training class.  So my plan worked.  Again YMMV depending on location.

http://youtu.be/ahRRZ6_o2uo

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/ahRRZ6_o2uo

"Collection" says dork. "Range" says shooter. Shooters are interesting. Gun dorks are boring and get winded in bed.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:31:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh. I'm a dirty inky with rifles tattooed on the insides of my forearms.
I had great success & never had even one girl (even antis) scared off by them. (I'm married now)  Of course, I didn't ever talk about them, but it's pretty obvious where I stand on the issue.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:14:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

There is plenty of music aside from crappy country that attracts high amounts of women.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was speaking to dancing as a couple. Im not familiar with any other style of music where couples dancing is prominent.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:15:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Take note of the keep yourself in shape part. You have to appear to be the most eligible bachelor in town.
You have to be patient. It took me 6 months or so to finally get my profile and confidence tweaked,
Lower your standards too, Chat and meet women on the lower end of your standards to get in some practice (omg really did you do that? yes treat it as a learning experience) No one says you have to have sex with them. Do first meets.

After the 1 year of this I was going on at least 1 first date a week, had a FWB on the side, lining up one on email and another sending me messages.
I had at least 3 women going on at various stages at any one time. (thanks smartphone)
One time I had a afternoon date and when I finished, my fwb hit me up for a booty call as I was driving away from the date.
Right now I have found one worthy of an exclusive relationship. If it fails I will be right back out there. I still get messages from ones I have dated and keep it on a friendly level.
Have fun with it and consider it an adventure. I found that you had to make about 10 contacts to get a 1st meet. Maybe 4 or 5 first meets to find one worthy of a 2nd date. Then the number that past the second date gets even smaller.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SNIP

All boxes checked (no neckbeard here), 18 months online, zero dates. I'll take your word on it being "fun".
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:19:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Basics:
Have a job
Have a car
Decent hygiene

Next
Keep yourself in shape.

ETC, ETC.

You have the same attitude as I do. Right down to enjoying "practice" flirting and looking at it as numbers. Two nosy questions: what's your social life like, outside of dating and what do you do for a living?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:22:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love dancing. Any kind where you hold on to a man. I'll dance with any guy, even if he's ugly or too old or too young. I prefer swing, salsa, tango etc. but country is what's mostly out there so I've learned to appreciate it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:50:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I love dancing. Any kind where you hold on to a man. I'll dance with any guy, even if he's ugly or too old or too young. I prefer swing, salsa, tango etc. but country is what's mostly out there so I've learned to appreciate it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in the same boat as PatAR15 -- Slighty better looking than your common bridge troll...LOL! Ben seriously wiffin'-out on OKC & POF. All I get is hits from 70 Y.O. grannys & huge women not of my ethnicity. Have been considering taking basic dance lessons to amp-up my game for the ladies. There is a studio around here that offers private lessons for $60/hr....
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:12:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Just be yourself.  Be honest, be a gentleman, have a personality, and try to date women that have the same things in common as yourself.  If you like guns put that you like guns on your profile.  I'm not saying put on your profile that you like dressing up like a gi joe and running around shooting vegetables and blowing cars up, just say you like to target practice.  I promise you their are ladies out there that have the same interests as us guaranteed.  I feel like once you over think everything then you are putting too much pressure on yourself to land the big one.  I found out the hard way that you have to be happy with yourself first before you can be happy with someone else.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:32:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm in the same boat as PatAR15 -- Slighty better looking than your common bridge troll...LOL! Ben seriously wiffin'-out on OKC & POF. All I get is hits from 70 Y.O. grannys & huge women not of my ethnicity. Have been considering taking basic dance lessons to amp-up my game for the ladies. There is a studio around here that offers private lessons for $60/hr....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of bars and clubs offer free classes early in the evening, before things get busy. I've never been in a class where we weren't short on men.

Do you go to dancing meet ups, from meetup.com?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:42:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You have the same attitude as I do. Right down to enjoying "practice" flirting and looking at it as numbers. Two nosy questions: what's your social life like, outside of dating and what do you do for a living?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Basics:
Have a job
Have a car
Decent hygiene

Next
Keep yourself in shape.

ETC, ETC.

My social life? I am a single dad that basically lost everything to vindictive women. Used to have my own business that dealt with the rich and famous makeing 100k+
Now I just have an job that deals with automotive so 99.8% of the people I deal with are men making less than 40k. Not really a place to meet women, Live on less then half of what I used to.
Don't drive fancy cars or a have a fancy place to live but I do keep them clean and neat.

Five years ago I basically had no where to live with a 11 year old boy in tow. Spent 2 years trying to get just the basics put back together and just make a living and became pretty much a hermit. Did not make dating any priority at all although I was on couple free dating site and rare got a contact or a 1st meet. The meager amount that I did get were always fail. Not like I really cared anyway. I was 260 lbs and unhappy and had spent most of my life with crappy sex life and none for those 3.

I decided I was going to change that. I started to get myself in shape dieting and walking every day with one goal in mind... I am going to have the best sex life ever!
I thought about this every step I took and every meal I cut back on. 5 months later I was 175 lbs. That was a start.

I experimented with changing my profile. ill give you guys some more tips when I have time.
You have to remember a few things...
Be Happy no matter what.
The only person you can control is yourself.
Life is all about choices... yours and theirs..

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

A lot of bars and clubs offer free classes early in the evening, before things get busy. I've never been in a class where we weren't short on men.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never heard of 'meetup.com'! What's the potential for meeting gals with it?? I'm looking for a LTR, not a 'hook-up', BTW. I just can't 'connect' with the profiles on those online dating sites; They lack a certain dynamic I need for being interested in someone. In person, I can usually apply some 'smooze' that gets me past the 'looks' speedbump!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

My social life? I am a single dad that basically lost everything to vindictive women. Used to have my own business that dealt with the rich and famous makeing 100k+

Now I just have an job that deals with automotive so 99.8% of the people I deal with are men making less than 40k. Not really a place to meet women, Live on less then half of what I used to.

Don't drive fancy cars or a have a fancy place to live but I do keep them clean and neat.

Five years ago I basically had no where to live with a 11 year old boy in tow. Spent 2 years trying to get just the basics put back together and just make a living and became pretty much a hermit. Did not make dating any priority at all although I was on couple free dating site and rare got a contact or a 1st meet. The meager amount that I did get were always fail. Not like I really cared anyway. I was 260 lbs and unhappy and had spent most of my life with crappy sex life and none for those 3.

I decided I was going to change that. I started to get myself in shape dieting and walking every day with one goal in mind... I am going to have the best sex life ever!

I thought about this every step I took and every meal I cut back on. 5 months later I was 175 lbs. That was a start.

I experimented with changing my profile. ill give you guys some more tips when I have time.

You have to remember a few things...

Be Happy no matter what.

The only person you can control is yourself.

Life is all about choices... yours and theirs..

View Quote

This part right here is the biggest crimp in my social life.  I love my daughters more then anything but now if I want to go on a date, I have to check with the babysitter first.  And there are times where it is not the right thing to do to ditch the kid to go get some.  Many times I have been chatting with someone and it was the right moment to say, "hey, lets go grab a drink".  Not with out finding a babysitter I cant.  Ah well.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top