Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just get the fuck out of the way. Why is this so difficult??
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I get over in the right hand lane just before a speed trap

Then watch them go whizzing by angered into the speed trap

View Quote

I got tenderly loved here a few years back admitting I do this to set assholes up.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll never understand the drivers who tailgate in the right lane when the passing lane is clear. Seriously, I've had people tailgate me in the far right lane on a three lane highway, when I'm doing 15 over.

My old car I was able to activate the brake lights without applying the brakes. Downshift, step on it, and turn the brake lights on... only ever did it a few times, but the assholes wouldn't use the passing lane for whatever reason.

I'm not pulling off, or over if you have a passing lane. Deal with it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:31:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Wait until you see a highway patrolman down the road, then change lanes so they can speed up and get stuffed.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shoulda been a thread lock after this post
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:40:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sorry to dissapoint, but that is not accurate.  In Texas the person who rear ended the other vehicle would likely be found to be at fault for following to close.  Not saying that they would receive a citation, just that they would be found to be at fault for the crash.

That's how most of the crashes like this that I have investigated have written up.  Then again, I have never had a driver fess up to brake checking the vehicle in back.  I would have to consult the TX DPS CR-100 for guidance if someone ever did.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Brake checking is stupid for two reasons

1. If he doesn't hit you then obviously he was not a danger. So how much of that tailgating was just your opinion?

2. If he does hit you you have just caused an accident and regardless if he was too close and may be responsible in the eyes of the law you now have a damaged car and possible injuries or death.

So grow  up and let them pass...they may be wrong and assholes but don't stoop to their level.

Sorry to dissapoint, but that is not accurate.  In Texas the person who rear ended the other vehicle would likely be found to be at fault for following to close.  Not saying that they would receive a citation, just that they would be found to be at fault for the crash.

That's how most of the crashes like this that I have investigated have written up.  Then again, I have never had a driver fess up to brake checking the vehicle in back.  I would have to consult the TX DPS CR-100 for guidance if someone ever did.

Reread the part in red...I know this...

But it doesn't make it right...

Is tailgating (following to close) wrong...yes it is...but brake checking is not the proper or right response...

And if you brake check them and they don't hit you maybe they were in fact not a close to you as you want to believe.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have seen quite a few threads on this scourge of society.

Tailgaters are just as dangerous as someone going too slow.

We all have our stories but I want quick fixes to this problem only in this thread. I will go first.

1)  Moving my vehicle as far left as possible in my lane seems to block the vision of the tailgater behind me and 70% of the time they back off.

2)  If nothing else works, I will do a brake check using the vehicle in front of me. I will wait for them to turn or come to a stop and wait until the last second to hit my brakes. Reason for this is it isn't perceived as an  "intentional brake check".

Everyone has seen events get out of control when the tailgatee brake checks the tailgater. Roadrage ensues and that is dangerous for everyone on the road at that point. My way of creating an emergency situation where I have to do an emergency stop lets the idiot tailgater behind me better understand  the dangers and possible results of following too closely.

If those two steps don't work, I go to Plan D.

View Quote

Your #2 option is an awful idea. By doing so you are getting yourself close to rear ending the person to n front of. Close enough that if your tailgater rear ends you you end up getting plowed the into the driver in front of you and end up getting  a ticket for following to close.

I've been know to brake check the shit out of people. Like lockem up. Fuckem.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just pull over and let them go by. Works every time.
View Quote

Not for the insane convicted felon with warrants that chased me 20 miles.  State police on the phone and my gun out.  I would pull off and stop he would try to ram me?  He was running me into the median actually trying to kill me.  It took awhile but the state police intercepted and arrested him.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:01:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

You would figure this would be self evident...

Posted from the left hand lane, holding up traffic, because I'm an inconsiderate retard...
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Um. Huh.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Just hark up a couple of looogies with a helping of lung cheese and spit out the window... Usually works.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:15:35 PM EDT
[#12]
No matter how fast or slow you drive, there will always be somebody driving faster than you.  Let them pass, things will sort themselves out.

"Slower traffic keep right" and "keep right except to pass" are the law here, road signs say it at regular intervals.  People ignore it, though, and it's not enforced as it should be.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like we have a few Type A's already in this thread.

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:55:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI as usual
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#15]

This +100, works every time.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Folks, The problem isn't limited to open roads where there are no other cars and you can pull over to let them pass. I have been going 80 on the freeway and pull over to the left lane to pass a trucker doing 70 to 75. The speed limit is 70. Here comes mr. in a huge hurry right on my ass as I pass the trucker. To be honest, I drive a small car most of the time to work, so I watch the truckers like a hawk. They sometimes pull over into me, at which point, I honk like hell, slam on my brakes and pull onto the shoulder if I can. the asshole in back of me will eat my tail if that happens and I don;t appreciate their stupid impatience.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:03:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

There is often other traffic and you can;t get out of the way. They do it in the right lane too.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:04:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Here ya go.  Mystery solved.
View Quote

http://www.decalsplanet.com/img_b/vinyl-decal-sticker-8959.jpg

Professionalism in driving left this country decades ago.

Egos and self-righteous fucktards replaced most of our country's interstate highway driving theory with lane-sitters.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:19:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They'll never admit that following at an unsafe distance is, well, unsafe.

Special little snowflakes in a hurry.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:11:09 PM EDT
[#20]
The peculiar habit here in the Dallas area is that they won't change lanes to get into the left hand passing lane. Typically it is 0545 and you're the only person for a quarter mile either ahead or behind you while southbound on Central Expressway. You're in the lane to the immediate right of the left hand passing lane. So, there is the passing lane to your left that is clear and there are two lanes to your right that are clear. These special assholes will ride right up your ass and not pass. As if it is your responsibility to get out of their way. Move over a lane, they give you a dirty look, and speed on. Not sure what all that is about.

Then there are the Lexus drivers here in Dallas. Those SOB's will pull out in front of you, cut you off, stop, slam on the brakes, lane swapping, and all the while are yakking on their iPhones. They're the most self absorbed assholes ever to walk this earth.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I think there is some link between the breakdown in driver etiquette and the breakdown in society. When the self absorbed fuckwit to normal person ration hits a certain limit its all over folks. I dont live in America, i couldnt tell you how it is, but hearing stories about how it is on your roads says to me that something is amiss in the US.
View Quote

Truth from down under!  
  It amazes me that people think they have the right to get angry because some one "inconvenienced" them. And I'm not talking about the people who sit in the left lane.
 I do 5 over in the right lain unless I'm going to pass, and still some self absorbed adult child thinks its ok ride my ass. Life doesn't revolve around you.
Sorry special snow flake I don't have any fucks to give.  

Tailgaters = FSA

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:24:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n831Icj-828

but don't really do this
View Quote

WTF did I just watch?  Were they just killing anyone who was unlucky enough to pull up behind them?

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:30:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Sunroof, coffee can full of expired D batteries.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I just pull over and let them go by. Works every time.
View Quote

This, but don't inject too much common sense into this thread.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:34:00 PM EDT
[#25]
STAY OUT OF THE LEFT LANE YOU SLOW ASS
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#26]
I used to break check people, and then I realized that will end badly at some point. Now I just take my foot off the gas and slow slow slow slow. I had a guy about have a stroke yelling at me because I slowed down to 30 in rush hour traffic because when I was already rolling 10 over he decided to get so close I couldn't see his headlights. That is my goto now.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:37:33 PM EDT
[#27]
If your lights are off, turn them on from time to time. It looks like your brake lights are coming on, but you're not actually brake checking.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:44:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Sunroof, coffee can full of expired D batteries.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I bet none of you who state throwing this or that object don't have the balls to toss anything at a tailgating car.  

But I'm just curious as to the logic behind why you think that is ok.  The person isn't phyically do anything to you.  If you don't look back, you would never know they're there.  So you ok with possibly killing the person behind you by causing them to wreck when the object busts their windshield or possibly killing someone else if they were to swerve into oncoming traffiic just because they were in your mind to close to your bumper?

"You honor, I know I caused a wreck that killed two children, but that dude was just too close to me"

What if we took the same logic and applied it in reverse?  What if we were advocating throwing objects at peoples car as we passed them for driving too slow?  Is that ok?  
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:53:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:05:13 PM EDT
[#30]
It's funny, when someone on here complains about tailgating, everyone automatically assumes the tailgatee is in the passing lane of a 4 lane highway.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:24:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Plan D?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plan D?

Plan Dong. The most sensual of plans.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:28:18 PM EDT
[#32]
I hate tailgaters.  I never tailgate.  Having said that.  MOVE THE FUCK OVER if you're in the left lane, no one is in front of you, and you've got a line of fucking traffic behind you a mile long.

So many jackwagons don't understand "slower traffic keep right".
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:29:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe OP should learn to drive.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:29:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plan D?

Plan D is throw a rubber dildo out the window.

I know I would slow down if some idiot threw a dildo at me.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:41:13 PM EDT
[#35]
I wonder if the OP would continue drive like that if he realized the guy behind him
is racing to get somewhere to fix on a system that people lives are depending on?

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:51:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I wonder if the OP would continue drive like that if he realized the guy behind him
is racing to get somewhere to fix on a system that people lives are depending on?

View Quote

You mean like a mission from God??
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:53:59 AM EDT
[#37]
This thread was brought to you by the plant dildo.

Thanks planet dildo!
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:07:24 AM EDT
[#38]
When I'm going above the speed limit and someone rides my ass I slow down. Oh, you're in a big hurry?  You find a way around me.  I won't block you, but I'm not pulling off the road for you either.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:11:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I find that going at least the posted speed limit and getting in the right lane when I am not passing helps a lot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:14:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:15:18 AM EDT
[#41]
I don't understand: I though everyone in a car/truck was A-OK! on the road, and not some faggy-assed bicycle rider.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:46:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Is tailgating (following to close) wrong...yes it is...but brake checking is not the proper or right response...

And if you brake check them and they don't hit you maybe they were in fact not a close to you as you want to believe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Brake checking is stupid for two reasons

1. If he doesn't hit you then obviously he was not a danger. So how much of that tailgating was just your opinion?

2. If he does hit you you have just caused an accident and regardless if he was too close and may be responsible in the eyes of the law you now have a damaged car and possible injuries or death.

So grow  up and let them pass...they may be wrong and assholes but don't stoop to their level.

I did not miss the portion posted in red.  I am saying that your statement may not be accurate, depending on the laws of the state that the incident occurs in.  I am saying that in Texas following too close is against the law, and that if the person following too close hits the car brake checking them, then the driver who followed too close is likely going to be found at fault.

If a brake check results in no crash, then I would say that no offense occurred.  

I should have just kept quiet, as those who tailgate (follow too close) are likely the same breed of Arfcommer who hates cops and can not be convinced that there are some who actually would uphold the US Constitution.

I should have taken the advice a wise man once gave me. "Never argue with fools.  They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."  I'm going to take his advice now. I'm done with this thread.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:50:11 AM EDT
[#43]
I slow down for tailgaters.  They love it.

I am thinking of getting a magnetic sticker with a big radioactivity symbol and "Radioactive Materials Transport - Caution Stay back 200 feet."  That would keep their little blunt skulls off my ass.  Motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:54:48 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

The peculiar habit here in the Dallas area is that they won't change lanes to get into the left hand passing lane. Typically it is 0545 and you're the only person for a quarter mile either ahead or behind you while southbound on Central Expressway. You're in the lane to the immediate right of the left hand passing lane. So, there is the passing lane to your left that is clear and there are two lanes to your right that are clear. These special assholes will ride right up your ass and not pass. As if it is your responsibility to get out of their way. Move over a lane, they give you a dirty look, and speed on. Not sure what all that is about.

Then there are the Lexus drivers here in Dallas. Those SOB's will pull out in front of you, cut you off, stop, slam on the brakes, lane swapping, and all the while are yakking on their iPhones. They're the most self absorbed assholes ever to walk this earth.

View Quote

This, x10000000000

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:01:38 AM EDT
[#45]
I remembered a good one from 15 years ago or so.  It was on I-5 near Ft. Lewis.  Dude in a lowered Japanese car with aftermarket ground effects was tailgating a sedan in lane 3.  The car he was behind signaled and changed lanes right before he would have hit what looked like the complete tread off of a semi tire.  Tailgater slams right into it and it lodged in his air dam.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:02:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Worse than Type "A's" we have the dreaded Type "G's"; General's.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:17:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

The fact that you are looking for methods to antagonize or attack (brake check) the idiot driver behind you seems to place you in some category of bad, aggressive, dangerous or assholish driver in your own right.

Bad driving is not a challenge or insult that you have to respond to in some childish manner.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:30:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 5:18:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hey, I use Android
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 5:33:48 AM EDT
[#50]
I have never seen a more retarded post from an 01'er.

It's a good thing you don't post more often, as that likely the only reason you are still here.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top