Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/26/2014 3:01:09 PM EDT
Corbett is getting his ass handed to him in the polls.  We can kiss "cash and carry" long gun transactions goodbye, if not worse.  Tom Wolf is playing the usual "I support the right to hunt" card.  Frankly, this is all the Republicans fault.  Corbett ran unopposed in the primaries, for some ridiculous reason.  PA Republicans can't be THAT stupid to think Corbett stood a chance.

http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/pennsylvania/mc-pa-corbett-wolf-poll-20140920-story.html#page=1

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah with the income tax hikes and him planning on killing off the fracking industry (by "making them pay their fair share"), it would be a good time to get out of Pennsylvania.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#2]
It doesn't help that Corbett is running a lackluster campaign; reminds me of Fred Thompson's presidential campaign in 2008.

Of course, we have had anti-gun numbnuts like Fast Eddie in the Governor's mansion before, and he didn't get much accomplished. We just need the Senate to remain in Republican hands.  

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:10:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I also take issue with the whole Common Core thing.  Corbett was a staunch advocate for repeal and hearings have been "postponed indefinitely".  Now I'm taking that fight to my school district with a few hundred angry parents.  The best is the teachers in our school district HATE the Common Core curriculum forced upon them, but don't ya know, THEY LOVE TOM WOLF!
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:13:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It doesn't help that Corbett is running a lackluster campaign; reminds me of Fred Thompson's presidential campaign in 2008.

Of course, we have had anti-gun numbnuts like Fast Eddie in the Governor's mansion before, and he didn't get much accomplished. We just need the Senate to remain in Republican hands.    
View Quote

There's a lot more to it than guns. If Wolf raises income taxes and punishes the frackers the way he wants to, he's going to KILL our economy.

The fracking stuff is the best thing to happen to this region in a long time... especially since coal's been getting killed off. It really helps a lot of small businesses.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I just fucking moved here!
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#6]
There is no office that the Republicans can't lose if they try hard enough.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:18:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There's a lot more to it than guns. If Wolf raises income taxes and punishes the frackers the way he wants to, he's going to KILL our economy.

The fracking stuff is the best thing to happen to this region in a long time... especially since coal's been getting killed off. It really helps a lot of small businesses.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Without a doubt.  I live in the Pittsburgh area and several counties around here have seen quite a boom in their economy from fracking.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Move to Missouri...

We love freedom
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:21:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Tom Wolf knows Pennsylvania has a long history of responsible gun ownership. As governor, he will continue to support the Second Amendment and protect the right of residents to own firearms.
View Quote

This, from his campaign website.......................we'll see.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:23:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Tom Wolf knows Pennsylvania has a long history of responsible gun ownership. As governor, he will continue to support the Second Amendment and protect the right of residents to own firearms.

"Let me be clear...."
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Rare to see an incumbent getting his ass kicked so badly.  What has he done?
View Quote

To the best of my knowledge he cut education funding.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

PA is not on my short list.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

"Let me be clear...."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Let me be clear...."

Wolf seems to be a Narcissist.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:27:28 PM EDT
[#15]
For the gun issue, it’s not really good news or bad news. On one hand, the Democratic candidate with the lowest grade from Ceasefire won the primary. On the other hand, the entire pool of Democratic candidates for 2014 are far more hostile to our rights than the group in 2010.

Tom Wolf, the Democratic candidate now, told Ceasefire that he supports their policy proposal “imposing a ban under Pennsylvania law on the sale and possession of assault weapons.” A ban on possession implies confiscation. That’s a big freaking problem there, beyond the ban on sales which is also a hugely unacceptable response.

Wolf also said he supported their idea to “imposing a limit under Pennsylvania law on magazine capacity” where they did highlight that restrictions on size vary, so that paves the way for a push to something like NY’s SAFE Act coming from a Wolf administration.

On carry, Wolf says he will oppose any form of national reciprocity, and he also added a response to congratulate Attorney General Kathleen Kane for screwing with Pennsylvania’s reciprocity agreements. Oddly enough, he didn’t back the push for an outright ban on all campus carry, and he only stated that he believes colleges must make their carry policies transparent.

Wolf also says that he wants a bill “requiring gun owners to keep firearms and ammunition in separate secure locations.” That box of ammo you keep in your range bag? That’s not secure. The shelf you might keep your ammo sorted on? That’s not secure. Oh, and you can’t just stuff it into your 800 pound gun safe bolted to your floor because your guns are in there and they must be secured separately. That’s fine, you say, because it’s not like they’ll send inspectors around for this stuff. Well, just hope you never have to call 911 for a medical emergency in your home or have a fire where public safety staff will enter your home and report whatever they see that may possibly be a violation. Tell Grandma that her ambulance for the stroke she’s having will have to wait because you need to run out to a gun shop and find a new locking case for that ammunition.

Needless to say, those gun owners are going to be given a pretty stark contrast this year at the polls.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

So it's your fault then.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He fucked with teachers' pension.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wolf is playing into the class warfare by saying he's going to soak the natural gas industry for "their fair share" and give all the proceeds to education.

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I also take issue with the whole Common Core thing.  Corbett was a staunch advocate for repeal and hearings have been "postponed indefinitely".  Now I'm taking that fight to my school district with a few hundred angry parents.  The best is the teachers in our school district HATE the Common Core curriculum forced upon them, but don't ya know, THEY LOVE TOM WOLF!
View Quote

My wife is bugging me to move to PA in a couple of years because she grew up there. She's already lookong at homes. WTF am I getting into?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#20]
It's a numbers game-most states will go this way.

The rural areas are getting less populated,while the liberal D voting cities grow.They have the numbers.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:44:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Wolf is playing into the class warfare by saying he's going to soak the natural gas industry for "their fair share" and give all the proceeds to education.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, he pretty much rubbed salt into every teacher's wounds from Corbett.  Nail in the coffin shit.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:45:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My wife is bugging me to move to PA in a couple of years because she grew up there. She's already lookong at homes. WTF am I getting into?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wanna buy mine?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd seriously hold off.

Wolf is wanting to implement a tiered income tax structure where the "rich" pay more. And his "rich" isn't all that much.

I'm strongly considering moving to a state with no income tax. It will put thousands of dollars back in my pocket per year.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The rural areas are getting less populated,while the liberal D voting cities grow.They have the numbers.
View Quote

I'm not sure about the rural areas becoming less populated.  There's an awful lot of "mailbox money" going to these folks in the fracking areas.  Not to mention, PA is a VERY pro-hunting state.  I'm hopeful that any new gun legislation will be met with rabid opposition, as it has in the past.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:50:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm also not sure about Pittsburgh.  While a blue-collar, union-friendly town, it seems we're nothing like Philly and the clowns there.  Outside of middle-leaning Democrats, there only seems to be small minority of true Liberals here.  Harrisburg is also fairly rural / suburban, so who knows.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Corbett is getting his ass handed to him in the polls.  We can kiss "cash and carry" long gun transactions goodbye, if not worse.  Tom Wolf is playing the usual "I support the right to hunt" card.  Frankly, this is all the Republicans fault.  Corbett ran unopposed in the primaries, for some ridiculous reason.  PA Republicans can't be THAT stupid to think Corbett stood a chance.

http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/pennsylvania/mc-pa-corbett-wolf-poll-20140920-story.html#page=1

View Quote

No. It will be the voters' fault.  Act accordingly.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:56:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Edited into oblivion.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Wanna buy mine?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wanna buy mine?

I'm looking at one with at least 10+acres of land near Straudsburg. Well, she is...
To be honest, GA sucks. Traffic sucks here. Education sucks. Unemployment sucks. Taxes are pretty high considering it's an all Republican state. Gun laws are decent however. Then there is the ATL and the shit that's coming out of it into suburbs..
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Don't forget the best part of Ga. . Our last 2 Governors . The first republicans to hold the office since the 1800's . Both used to be Democrats . How fucked up is that ?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'd seriously hold off.

Wolf is wanting to implement a tiered income tax structure where the "rich" pay more. And his "rich" isn't all that much.

I'm strongly considering moving to a state with no income tax. It will put thousands of dollars back in my pocket per year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd seriously hold off.

They just fuck your wallet on something else.  Like an annual tax on the value of your vehicle.  Or an obnoxious sales tax rate that also applies to food purchases.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

An average state at most things with an infrastructure focused on dealing with elevation changes, rivers, creeks, and streams and a history of manufacturing and mining but a very hard push (i.e. forced) change to other industries and tech.

Conservative values with Democratic party leaning persons which seems odd but it is the way of many union workers in the state.  Lots of FUDDs but also a good amount of people who are coming around to sporting rifles but you can't hunt with "sporting rifles" so why buy them?  At the same time the younger generation is actually very pro sporting rifles and we've been fighting for years to get semi-autos legal for hunting while fighting fellow EBR owners and FUDDS who like no Sunday hunting and their Pennsylvania repeater (i.e. Remington 760/7600).

Higher than needed gas tax to pay for horribly underused and extremely unionized public transportation in most cities and in some counties.  A booming gas industry that may be stifled due to future Democrat environmental regulation and paying their "fair share" in taxes.  

Lots of good things too but that's what we're setup for.  I doubt Wolf will suicide himself by going after guns (our legislature will not allow it) but with our anti-gun AG and Wolf expect the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) to play their bullshit games with the firearms division.  We were trying to get rid of the Pennsylvania Instant Check system (PICs) which we use instead of NICs but under Wolf expect shenanigans similar to that little game played by Rendell and the PSP in 2009 or so.  There is tremendous pressure on the rest of the state's firearms rights by Philly Democrats and based on those emails revealed a few months back from Bloomberg's group our AG is tight with them and we've already seen her change reciprocity understanding with Florida to please the City and County of Philadelphia.  

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's by design. Can't have people providing for themselves. They want a welfare state because it keeps them in power indefinitely.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rendell cut funding and made up for it with temporary Obamadollars. The whole "Corbett hates the childruns!" is based on a big fucking lie.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:10:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

We need common sense gun laws will be heard from him after the election.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bought a house this year. I'll slap some paint on it and sell if needed.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm looking at one with at least 10+acres of land near Straudsburg. Well, she is...
To be honest, GA sucks. Traffic sucks here. Education sucks. Unemployment sucks. Taxes are pretty high considering it's an all Republican state. Gun laws are decent however. Then there is the ATL and the shit that's coming out of it into suburbs..
View Quote

Eastern PA is completely overrun by NY and NJ transplants and commuters. Philly/ABE/Pocono shouldn't even be considered PA anymore. Why bother?

eta: I'm originally from a dead and broke rural coal town in NEPA. The fact that it's a shithole with low property values only helps to attract the ghetto trash that's fleeing the cities. I'm glad I left.

Looks like it's time to send off the absentee ballot application again....
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Not if you vote for Corbett.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

"Responsible" = "hunting"

Prepare your anus.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

An average state at most things with an infrastructure focused on dealing with elevation changes, rivers, creeks, and streams and a history of manufacturing and mining but a very hard push (i.e. forced) change to other industries and tech.

Conservative values with Democratic party leaning persons which seems odd but it is the way of many union workers in the state.  Lots of FUDDs but also a good amount of people who are coming around to sporting rifles but you can't hunt with "sporting rifles" so why buy them?  At the same time the younger generation is actually very pro sporting rifles and we've been fighting for years to get semi-autos legal for hunting while fighting fellow EBR owners and FUDDS who like no Sunday hunting and their Pennsylvania repeater (i.e. Remington 760/7600).

Higher than needed gas tax to pay for horribly underused and extremely unionized public transportation in most cities and in some counties.  A booming gas industry that may be stifled due to future Democrat environmental regulation and paying their "fair share" in taxes.  

Lots of good things too but that's what we're setup for.  I doubt Wolf will suicide himself by going after guns (our legislature will not allow it) but with our anti-gun AG and Wolf expect the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) to play their bullshit games with the firearms division.  We were trying to get rid of the Pennsylvania Instant Check system (PICs) which we use instead of NICs but under Wolf expect shenanigans similar to that little game played by Rendell and the PSP in 2009 or so.  There is tremendous pressure on the rest of the state's firearms rights by Philly Democrats and based on those emails revealed a few months back from Bloomberg's group our AG is tight with them and we've already seen her change reciprocity understanding with Florida to please the City and County of Philadelphia.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info. So basically you're screwed no matter where you go...
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#40]
damn, i was considering finding some land nearby...  

Goodbye guns, coal, natural gas.  It's for the chirrun.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:20:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It used to be on mine!
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Lived in SW PA all my life

Full of Blue Dog Union tards and FSA that always vote D

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It used to be on mine!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It used to be on mine!

PM me the list of good places left.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Prepare your anus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prepare your anus.

Sportsmen also fucking suck.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#45]
These polls are meant to "steer" voters rather than report a true reflection.

What they are saying is; All you Corbett voters may as well stay home as he will surely loose...this is their hopes. I'm here to tell you that tain't gonna happen though .

There is no way the demographics of voters that show up in the midterms are going to vote Dem with so much at stake plain and simple. They can wish in one hand and shit in the other and hope both hands will be full....but only one will be.

In the end Corbett will win handily.

Wait and see.

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:26:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It used to be on mine!

Freedom. It's in witness protection program.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wanna buy mine?

If you live in an Atlanta suburb, you have my sympathy. Ever considered SC? Upstate SC has great schools, as well as Lexington county in the midlands.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:28:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I grew up there too. People are freaky brainwashed liberal democrats there for some reason. Even in the Bible clinging areas. I tried to talk sense to my few remaining relatives in the punxy area. Its like they have one kind of personal value, and consistently vote against them. Heck, look at their past choices.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#49]
The republicans should have known Corbet was going to get kicked out.  He is hated by many for his dealings with the PSU situation. He looks like he is just as dirty, or even more then a bunch invovled in that.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:31:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

The rural areas are just as bad. They might grumble about the issues but in the end they will vote for the dem. Unions have a lot to do with it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top