BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Right. They forced him to accept 3 billion for his state.

http://www.senateconservatives.com/site/post/2312/mcconnell-deal-includes-kentucky-kickback

McJowls sold out any shred of conservative principle when he led the GOP charge to stop the shutdown and remove the debt limit. A piece of limp RINO shit is all he is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
McConnel took a 3 billion dollar bribe to end the shutdown. Fuck him right in his flapping jowls.

That's what the Dems want you to believe.  Where do you get your news from because it is biased as hell.  Mitch didn't get anything or request anything.  Feinstein and another democrat pushed along funding to fix the locks on the Ohio river.  They Ohio river flows past Kentucky.  The locks need to be fixed and if they weren't funded right then they would have lost something around 200 million dollars that had already been spent to start the project.  So the ignorant right and the liberal left started saying McConnel took a bribe to end the shutdown.  That type of thinking is real retarded sir.

http://www.senateconservatives.com/site/post/2312/mcconnell-deal-includes-kentucky-kickback

McJowls sold out any shred of conservative principle when he led the GOP charge to stop the shutdown and remove the debt limit. A piece of limp RINO shit is all he is.

Are you suggesting we vote for Grimes?  Who states in the interview in the OP that she if FOR gun control?

McConnell won the primary against a weak tea party candidate.  That election is over.  It is either McConnell, Grimes, some no name 3rd party candidate that is so insignificant that the local news stations don't even talk about them, or just stay home and don't vote.  What exactly should the people of KY do?  Do Michigan residents like pro-gun control candidates or something?  Are you a DU troll?

ETA: We need to rid ourselves of McConnell in the primary or when he retires (hopefully this is his last run) and replace him with a more conservative candidate.  I've seen lots of McConnell hate on this site.  The purpose of this thread was to show folks what the alternative was.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:43:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Are you suggesting we vote for Grimes?  Who states in the interview in the OP that she if FOR gun control?

McConnell won the primary against a weak tea party candidate.  That election is over.  It is either McConnell, Grimes, some no name 3rd party candidate that is so insignificant that the local news stations don't even talk about them, or just stay home and don't vote.  What exactly should the people of KY do?  Do Michigan residents like pro-gun control candidates or something?  Are you a DU troll?

ETA: We need to rid ourselves of McConnell in the primary or when he retires (hopefully this is his last run) and replace him with a more conservative candidate.  I've seen lots of McConnell hate on this site.  The purpose of this thread was to show folks what the alternative was.
View Quote

You answer your own question. Get a real conservative in the primaries. McConnel is a friend of deficit spending and growing the national debt; Kentucky can do better than that.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:54:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

FALG

FBHO
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:00:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Two POS's
View Quote

Ill go with this for $1000 Alex
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You answer your own question. Get a real conservative in the primaries. McConnel is a friend of deficit spending and growing the national debt; Kentucky can do better than that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NO THEY CAN'T IN THIS ELECTION!  Are you fucking thick or what?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:25:51 PM EDT
[#7]
McConnell is a POS, Grimes is a bigger POS.

I voted against McConnell in the primary, because I understand the political system, and realize that primaries are where we stand to change the GOP.

I'll be voting for McConnell in the general--not because I like him as a candidate, but because Grimes would completely fuck over this state and the nation.  And all the third party candidates are traditionally insane.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IN THIS ELECTION. In the previous? In the next?

It's like explaining to a special-needs child why they keep getting burned every time they touch the hot stove.

Keep on voting in RINO's. The situation will just sorta get better on its own, I bet!
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#9]
No such thing as a gun show loophole.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:05:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kentucky should do better than that but they didn't.  A terrible tea-party candidate ran and lost.  So we are stuck with Mitch, unless you are trying to say that voting for Obama in a dress is the best thing for Kentucky.

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I know her family on her mother's side, salt of the earth people.  I agree with some of her stuff and some I don't same with Mitch. However Mitch and those like Mitch in the congress are IMHO the real problem with America, that being entrenched repersentives and senators who have been in DC for 10,15,20,25 and in Mitch's case 30 freaken years and have come to beleive they are dukes, baron, and princes. 30 years and are we better off here in the Bluegrass. The simple answer is hell no.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I know her family on her mother's side, salt of the earth people.  I agree with some of her stuff and some I don't same with Mitch. However Mitch and those like Mitch in the congress are IMHO the real problem with America, that being entrenched repersentives and senators who have been in DC for 10,15,20,25 and in Mitch's case 30 freaken years and have come to beleive they are dukes, baron, and princes. 30 years and are we better off here in the Bluegrass. The simple answer is hell no.
View Quote

We have really suffered the last 6 years under Obama.  My electric rate has increased about 50%.  Grimes supports most of Obama's ideas so there is no way she would be better for Kentucky.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The left despise NRA endorsed staunch pro gun fiscal conservatives.

Mitch McConnell is a Libertarian-Leaning Conservative

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Mitch_McConnell.htm

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:11:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I hate that I'm hoping McConnell wins.

To bad he didn't get primaried, but he is definitely better than the bitch running against him.
View Quote

Yep.  The primary was the time to dump McConnell for someone actually conservative,.  And maybe with a spine.  KY missed out on that. A Dem is never the better option.

That said, even if he wins, he should not be the Majority Leader.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:49:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are they in favor of gun control?  Is she really in favor of gun control personally or is she just doing what her big money liberal handlers are telling her to do?  What exactly would she do in Washington that would make such a dramatic change here locally that you would actually notice?  Besides be the swing vote for laws which restrict your second amendment rights and you notice after being arrested for an illegal gun sale when you let your brother-in-law borrow your shotgun for hunting season.  

I don't care how good of people they are, if they want to restrict my rights they can get fucked.  I've got family who support total disarmament similar to what the UK has.  They can get fucked too.  Luckily they live in West Virginia and don't vote here.

ETA: As for him being in office for 30 years, I agree its time for a change but remember Obama promised the country change too.  We got saddled with Obamacare, higher taxes, and a shit load of out of work coal miners in eastern Kentucky (I'm from Hazard).  I guess he promised change, doesn't mean change for the good.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be nice.  The guy who ran against him, Matt Bevin, talked a really good game, but kept stepping on his dick.  He said dumb things that the media latched onto, then gave a speech at a cockfight.  The animal rights people lost their shit, it was all over the news and the radio (I even heard it on national news).  He came out of nowhere right around the time everyone was talking about trying to unseat McConnell as the senate minority leader (to give the advantage to the democrats).  No one I know had ever heard of the guy.  From what I understand he is a rich businessman from Louisville.  Louisville is the largest city in Kentucky, and considered one of the most liberal areas (as a whole) in the state.  That city is where just about all our anti-gun state legislators come from.  Doesn't mean he was a plant, but there was some skepticism about him.  

Maybe a stronger candidate will emerge for the next election.  Until then, I would rather not vote something worse than what we have in there.  She is polling well with women and the FSA.  This will be a tight race.  Go look at some of the gun control votes over the course of 2013 (I did threads on several of them).  Think about what would happen if the senate had just a few more D votes than R.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, we'll agree to disagree then. No more RINO votes for me. RINOphilia got me the motherfucking DHS, Patriot Act, expanded Medicare, ass in the air for Obamacare, not a step towards reducing the deficit, etc. Actual conservatives or bust.

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I hear her commercials play up here in Cincinnati on the AM radio.  Shes a nasty cunt and I hate her.  Fucking cunt...
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
McConnel took a 3 billion dollar bribe to end the shutdown. Fuck him right in his flapping jowls.

That's what the Dems want you to believe.  Where do you get your news from because it is biased as hell.  Mitch didn't get anything or request anything.  Feinstein and another democrat pushed along funding to fix the locks on the Ohio river.  They Ohio river flows past Kentucky.  The locks need to be fixed and if they weren't funded right then they would have lost something around 200 million dollars that had already been spent to start the project.  So the ignorant right and the liberal left started saying McConnel took a bribe to end the shutdown.  That type of thinking is real retarded sir.

For a clue, take a look at what happened in the election following the last shut down while Clinton was in office. I remember clearly why we lost that election.

Shut downs only hurt the party in congress who makes it happen. Continuing an unpopular shut down was killing us and would have cost us this year. It gives the liberals all kinds of talking points.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:58:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well, we'll agree to disagree then. No more RINO votes for me. RINOphilia got me the motherfucking DHS, Patriot Act, expanded Medicare, ass in the air for Obamacare, not a step towards reducing the deficit, etc. Actual conservatives or bust.

View Quote

I actually agree with you.  I would rather people who feel that way either vote 3rd party in the general or not vote at all than to vote for the actual communist.  Sadly I've heard the exact same argument you are using as justification to vote for Grimes from people locally.  Again the purpose of this thread is to show people what they are getting by doing that.  It's their vote.  If they want to vote for gun control they can, but I will politely invite them to take a long walk off a short pier.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:16:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
For a clue, take a look at what happened in the election following the last shut down while Clinton was in office. I remember clearly why we lost that election.

Shut downs only hurt the party in congress who makes it happen. Continuing an unpopular shut down was killing us and would have cost us this year. It gives the liberals all kinds of talking points.
View Quote

I'd rather the liberals and statists have talking points than funding.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:25:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

McConnell had nothing to do with the deal and the money isn't going to just Kentucky.  Feinstein is the chair of the committee and pushed the funding.  Do you think the Democrats would give the Republican they want to remove the most a gift of money and jobs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

McConnell had nothing to do with the deal and the money isn't going to just Kentucky.  Feinstein is the chair of the committee and pushed the funding.  Do you think the Democrats would give the Republican they want to remove the most a gift of money and jobs?

It's almost like they're on the same team.  Oh wait, that's impossible, McConnell has an (R) after his name.  I'm sure he would never sell out...
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:32:48 PM EDT
[#23]
McConnell has said this will be his last term if he is reelected. So we'll have our chance to get a better candidate next time, but Grimes can not get in. She is a total Reid/Obama puppet.

For those of you in other parts of the nation: Grimes was the Dems third choice. The first was Ashley Judd followed by former Miss America Heather French Henry. So the Democrat leadership apparently was set on a younger, attractive woman to go against McConnell. She has refused any kind of interview or debate where she will actually have to formulate a response and present her opinions. Instead it is constant campaign stops and ads full of "Mitch this/I'm not Obama that". She says she's not like Obama when it comes to coal and guns, but of course doesn't elaborate. She'll do whatever Reid tells her to do. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:39:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, yeah because then the dems remain in power and get plenty of funding.

You're delusional if you actually think having a majority in one of three branches of power was somehow going to lead to Obamacare getting defunded.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:39:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wait. So you support her candidacy?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Bump for election weekend.  A vote for a democrat = gun control
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:33:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Marlin Model 99....At least she has good taste in .22s.

LOL.....Good luck with that Alison......I suspect half the guns in KY are from FTF deals.

To be fair I don't know how many members posting on this site don't have a problem getting "the man" involved in a gun transaction.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Mitch isn't perfect, nor is he even a good choice. But I'll take him over that bitch any day of the week. There is no fucking way I will vote for her.
View Quote

I wouldnt vote for her either.  

Bill Klinton was in Ashland today stumping for her.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:35:20 PM EDT
[#29]

A guy I work with son in law and daughter know her well.  Any Republican should greatly fear her getting into office.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:37:08 PM EDT
[#30]

THATS IT! DAMMIT, I KNEW She looked familiar from somewhere!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:49:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Ah, of course! The khaki vest and shooting at clay discs in the air with a sporting type shotgun. How 2nd amendment-y!
View Quote

Like I told somebody the other day...show me a politician with the huevos to be on TV mag dumping an AR then transitioning to a Glock and I will believe they are truly pro gun
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:59:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Kentucky should do better than that but they didn't.  A terrible tea-party candidate ran and lost.  So we are stuck with Mitch, unless you are trying to say that voting for Obama in a dress is the best thing for Kentucky.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems to be the crux of what he is saying.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same old shit.  Never changes.  If only there was a cure for the liberal disease.

There is, but this country doesn't have the stomach for it.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:59:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Didn't the DNC basically pull out of Kentucky?

Mitch sucks ass, but she would fuck us in the not good way.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bill Clinton was in Kentucky Campaigning for her about a week ago.  What does that tell you?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Bill Clinton was in Kentucky Campaigning for her about a week ago.  What does that tell you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They pulled the money and the advertising out, and getting Bill there was the best they could do on short notice for free. I think even the dems know she's a nut ball thats why they pulled most of the support.  Bill stopped by after some begging and pleading by her camp for ANY help at all.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:29:47 AM EDT
[#38]
I was born in Ky and lived there until '91 when I moved to Indiana. I still follow Ky politics closer than I do IN politics. Mitch has been in Washington too long. He reeks of "big money". Is he a better choice than Grimes? Hell yes!. Let me say that again. HELL YES!  The odds of a democrat siding with gun owners when push comes to shove from the democratic hierachy is slimi to none. Let me say that again. SLIM TO NONE!  There are lots of reasons for people outside of Ky to dislike Mitch. Guess what though........you and I don't get to decide who Kentuckians vote for.
    You want to know who Grimes would side with on gun control issues?  I'll take a page from Indiana politics. Sen. Joe Donnelly is our junior Senator. He is a democrat. During his campaign he talked all gun friendly and chit. I didn't vote for him as I see all democrats the same when it come to gun control on the National level. He showed his true democratic colors the first chance he got. He voted along the democrat party line when given the chance. There is no junior democrat that will NOT vote the party line when told to do so. There is no democrat worth voting for if gun rights are a primary concern of yours. If free shit is your goal..........then vote D by all means.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:31:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
They pulled the money and the advertising out, and getting Bill there was the best they could do on short notice for free. I think even the dems know she's a nut ball thats why they pulled most of the support.  Bill stopped by after some begging and pleading by her camp for ANY help at all.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOl..............I think Bill stopped by after stopping somewhere else and having quite a few drinks. He walked and talked like he was plastered, from what I saw on the news.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually he was here yesterday.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#41]
I keep going to gun shows to find this "LOOP HOLE" and expecting a Stargate type thing

Sadly the only hole I find is the waste of $5.00 to walk with tards and to look at over priced crap!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:40:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
 Get ready for another push for "Universal background checks".

View Quote

Are you suggesting the Democrats in the Senate want to vote on a "gun control" bill which stands no chance of becoming law?
Are you suggesting that the Republican controlled House would vote for UBC if the Senate passed it?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:44:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't know the day, I've been busy this week, just saw a quick blip on the news of him being here.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:52:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Are you suggesting the Democrats in the Senate want to vote on a "gun control" bill which stands no chance of becoming law?

If she wins and they gain more control after the election next week, then yes.  And it wasn't that many votes away from passing; so I don't consider it having "no chance".  If you do you are not paying attention.

Are you suggesting that the Republican controlled House would vote for UBC if the Senate passed it? The election is next week, what happens if the democrats gain control of the house?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
 Get ready for another push for "Universal background checks".

If she wins and they gain more control after the election next week, then yes.  And it wasn't that many votes away from passing; so I don't consider it having "no chance".  If you do you are not paying attention.

Are you suggesting that the Republican controlled House would vote for UBC if the Senate passed it? The election is next week, what happens if the democrats gain control of the house?

But hey, I guess you've changed my mind.  We Kentuckians should vote for the Democrat who promised to enact gun control, raise the minimum wage to $15, and a slew of other far leftwing policy items.  Great idea!

ETA: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1670996_How_Your_Senator_Voted_on_Universal_Background_Checks_in_2013.html

^for those with short-term memory loss
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:54:52 AM EDT
[#45]
My prediction is Mitch will win.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#46]
A "loophole" is simply a law that you don't agree with.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

LOl..............I think Bill stopped by after stopping somewhere else and having quite a few drinks. He walked and talked like he was plastered, from what I saw on the news.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He probably was.  Can't say I blame him, got to dull the emotional pain of having stuck it in hillary at least once

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Just saw on the noon news that Hillary Clinton will be in Lexington KY to campaign for Alison Grimes this weekend

Found a link:
http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/elections/kentucky/2014/10/27/hillary-clinton-jindal-stump-senate-race/18023361/
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top