User Panel

Page / 21
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

and you just wont quit
View Quote

Quit at what? I'm agreeing that it's an appropriate charge. Which could have happened 2 pages ago if certain people actually discussed the structure of the criminal code in SC, its apparent lack of a 2nd degree murder category, and the elements of this particular A&B charge ... instead of posting expletive-ridden personal attacks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Pretty much THIS.  Officer WAY overreacted.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seems pretty obvious the officer thought the guy was reaching for a weapon in the vehicle, however, he did start shooting way before any potential lethal threat was observed.

Pretty much THIS.  Officer WAY overreacted.

That's what I saw....

Furtive movement but with no follow up of threat....
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:01:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Which still involves intent and malice aforethought.

View Quote

Speaking generally, lots of crimes, including those that can be charged as attempts, do not involve "malice aforethought."
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:03:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
One of the most original ideas I've heard in a long time is that LEOs should be drafted, much like the military during the Nam era.

People who want to be LEOs shouldn't be LEOs.  

Normal people will have a higher success rate than "professionals". If this "professionalism", I want something else. We tried ad infinitum to fix LEOs. Things are never going to improve. The whole system is corrupt.  This is just more evidence.

Draft postal clerks and pizza delivery kids and librarians and IT people and lawyers and whoever.  I trust them more than I trust this. Especially from my own community. This professionalism and the career SWAT mentality is a separation.

Normal people on the street fear "professional" cops.  Precisely due to incidents like these:

This is where we are headed, rapidly:

The first day of the Second American Revolution

View Quote

So.......you don't want the militarization of the police......yet you want the militarization of the police?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No one is blaming the victim here. It's just a reality that avoiding certain behaviors and situations helps an individual stay safe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just speaking generally about LEO encounters. Again, I'm not justifying this officers actions, or even the the stop itself. It should just be traffic stop 101 not to make sudden movements towards your waist, pockets or inside your vehicle. Justified or not, shot is shot and I'd prefer not to be shot at all.

This attitude REEKS of "blaming the victim."  Well, that man should have known not to make any furtive / "odd" moves when dealing with a cop. He coulda been dealing with Officer Friendly or Officer Nervous Nellie. Too bad he has Parkinson's and got the short stick with Officer Nervous Nellie.

It should be traffic stop 101 for LEOs to not make bad stops, number one, and then if they do, to NOT SHOOT AN AMERICAN CITIZEN WHO IS IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM A LETHAL THREAT number two. THAT is what should be "traffic stop 101."

No one is blaming the victim here. It's just a reality that avoiding certain behaviors and situations helps an individual stay safe.

Dude was already out of the car when the trooper stopped. The guy turns to get his license, as he was instructed to do, told to geto out of the car, and the trooper commences fire before the guy even has time to react. He then continues to fire at the guy who is showing no weapon or movement and even pops off a round after the guy has raised his hands. That alone will fry him.

Furtive movement my ass. The dude did as was instructed and its only by the sheer poor marksmanship of the trooper that the guy isn't dead.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ah, the old ask him for his license and then shoot him when he tries to retrieve it routine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Ah, the old ask him for his license and then shoot him when he tries to retrieve it routine.

How about this move to justify a shooting ......

FBI agent oders man to get out of a car.

Then shoots the man as he reaches to unbuckle the seatbelt.

Schultz, 20, of Pasadena was shot in the right cheek with an assault rifle after FBI agents stopped the car he was riding in Friday evening. His family's attorney, Joseph C. Asensio, has said Schultz was shot as he reached to unfasten his seat belt to comply with an agent's order to get out of the car.

From what I recall he was the victim of conflicting orders.

Agent1 tells the man " don't move "
Agent2 tells the man " exit the vehicle"
Agent 1 shoots the man for following Agent2's order.

HUH !!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:08:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's guys like this hothead that keep fueling racial tensions, there isn't a black person on the planet that won't see this as a racially motivated shooting. Way to be a trigger happy idiot officer G. And aggravated assault is the charge? Looks like attempted murder to me.
View Quote

Do you even know the definition of murder?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:09:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

There was a surprising absence of profanity from the poor guy who got shot.  

The guy was really polite through the whole thing.  Sure, there were some "oh, uhhgg, this hurts" theatrics as he was cuffed, sitting on the ground giving the officer Helen Keller instructions on how to find an ID in a search area the size of a wallet.  

To help calm the victim suspect, the officer needed to say:

"Ok, yes, you are bleeding.  But, the average human has 10 pints of blood, and at best, you've probably only lost 2 pints, ok, maybe 3 if we account for the amount that's spilled down that drain over there.  I can hear the ambulance coming; well, maybe that's your ambulance, or it could be an ambulance responding to some other call - hard to really say.  But, in theory, an ambulance will be here soon.  You may need a transfusion, but you're probably not going to die.

Now, I'm going to need some information to finish this seat belt citation.  Is blah blah blah still your current address?  

Driving without a seatbelt is very dangerous on many levels.  Thousands of people die unnecessarily each year because they didn't wear a seatbelt.  And, truth be told, you could be one of them - because you're starting to look a little pale."
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

HUH !!!!!!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Schultz, 20, of Pasadena was shot in the right cheek with an assault rifle after FBI agents stopped the car he was riding in Friday evening. His family's attorney, Joseph C. Asensio, has said Schultz was shot as he reached to unfasten his seat belt to comply with an agent's order to get out of the car.

HUH !!!!!!!!

He didn't say Simon says.  Cept in this version, if you mess up, the cops shoot you.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:13:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

you want to argue time served? who fuck serves all their time? the man was charged, and the trial hasn't even started....im sure you can drive down to south carolina and find some rope on the way to out right hang the guy if you so desire.........and there are many cases of use of force against police officers that end up being plea bargained down....oh shit lets not forget about plea bargains now, where the fuck is extorris

i don't need to redirect a damn thing, you fuckers are just dumbfounded that a state actually police up its messed quickly...and the copblock types are grasping
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes he does, and he's already been arrested on the charges apparently

He got arrested on some chickenshit, minor A&B charge. Would have been "attempted capital murder" if the roles were reversed.

take your foot out of your damn mouth...

its an aggravated battery charge that carrys up to 20 years....

fuck, know what the fuck your talking about before spouting off about other states laws...its a bad shoot and he's going to do some time over it
GD just doesn't know what to do, because the guy was in the wrong and the state has handled it....

Max 20 years?  What will be the actual time served? 10? 5?  Be honest now.

You also skipped right past his point of how a non-JBT would be charged.  Do you disagree that is true?

Pathetic try at redirecting.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

you want to argue time served? who fuck serves all their time? the man was charged, and the trial hasn't even started....im sure you can drive down to south carolina and find some rope on the way to out right hang the guy if you so desire.........and there are many cases of use of force against police officers that end up being plea bargained down....oh shit lets not forget about plea bargains now, where the fuck is extorris

i don't need to redirect a damn thing, you fuckers are just dumbfounded that a state actually police up its messed quickly...and the copblock types are grasping

lol..... you're an angry one.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It should just be traffic stop 101 not to make sudden movements towards your waist, pockets or inside your vehicle.
View Quote

Ummm... that's too close to the protocol to use with wild animals.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:21:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
One of the most original ideas I've heard in a long time is that LEOs should be drafted, much like the military during the Nam era.

Normal people will have a higher success rate than "professionals". If this "professionalism", I want something else. We tried ad infinitum to fix LEOs. Things are never going to improve. The whole system is corrupt.  This is just more evidence.

Draft postal clerks and pizza delivery kids and librarians and IT people and lawyers and whoever.  I trust them more than I trust this. Especially from my own community. This professionalism and the career SWAT mentality is a separation.

Normal people on the street fear "professional" cops.  Precisely due to incidents like these:

View Quote

Uh, yeah, "cops" come from all walks of life, usually with some life experience under their belts. I've worked with guys who'd been ranchers, electricians, carpenters, truck drivers, chemists, civil engineers, etc. I was on active duty, got out, got on with UPS, was in the Guard, and then decided to go into civilian LEO.

We are a cross section of the citizenry we serve.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#13]
ATTENTION LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS ........
DO NOT order someone to get something for you if you do not want them moving around to get it for you.

Was that clear enough??????

No?????

DO NOT order someone to get something for you if you do not want them moving around to get it for you.

How about now?

AS A RULE: I NEVER get my drivers license for the police when asked.  
Before I retrieve my drivers license the officer is REQUIRED TO ANSWER MY QUESTION
My question that MUST BE ANSWERED is this ......... " Is it OK if I reach into the glove box to get my license and registration for you? "

I still cannot get that incident out of my mind where the FBI told the man to exit the car, then they shot him for trying to comply.
I mean come on the FBI ??????????
You would think they are better trained ...... if they are, then what kind of training do the State Police get?????
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It should just be traffic stop 101 not to make sudden movements towards your waist, pockets or inside your vehicle.
View Quote

You have it wrong ......

Traffic Stop 101 - Do not order a subject to do something that might require physical movement, if you might shoot them for making a physical movement.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:33:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nobody is justifying it........get over yourself
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol at the JBT's here saying bad shoot, but PTSD and furtive movement.  It would be interesting to know how many times he has come close to doing this before incident.  So now that he is fired, will he have to pay for his own defense?

Comedy gold.  

Nobody is justifying it........get over yourself

Not directly, but using mitigating language.  And then you try to make it about me with the snarky comment.  BTW, who is going to pay for his defense?  Waste of taxpayer money right there.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Pretty much sums it up
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He got arrested on some chickenshit, minor A&B charge. Would have been "attempted capital murder" if the roles were reversed.

fuck, know what the fuck your talking about before spouting off about other states laws...its a bad shoot and he's going to do some time over it
GD just doesn't know what to do, because the guy was in the wrong and the state has handled it....

You also skipped right past his point of how a non-JBT would be charged.  Do you disagree that is true?

i don't need to redirect a damn thing, you <Removed.> are just dumbfounded that a state actually police up its messed quickly...and the copblock types are grasping

Pretty much sums it up

<Personal attacks removed. -NorCal>
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Not wearing a seat belt is a serious threat to society and needs to be brought under control. The entire fabric of America is collapsing and seat belt use is why
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:45:58 AM EDT
[#18]
From a citizen's viewpoint, dealing with LEOs is starting to become uncomfortably similar to dealing with aggressive animals...

Use slow movements, calm voice, be very passive - or you might set them off and get attacked/shot.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:47:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

but when time is served your debt is paid right?

RIGHT?!!?!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

State  has not handled anything yet. We still have a court  defense to pay for.  

Thousands of cops walk every year from this point untouched from this point. It will be handled when he is safely in prison without parole, and never ever ever to hold a position of public responsibility again.

We will see.

but when time is served your debt is paid right?

RIGHT?!!?!

Sure its as paid for him as any ex-con.  Provided he ever see any jial time, which is very doubtful because... he is a cop and every possible excuse that can be made, no matter how far fetched and asinine, will be made at taxpayer expense. regardless, he is obviously not suited to be in a power position over humans, and never should be again. Conviciton, jail time or not. He should be finished forever in that kind of work.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
From a citizen's viewpoint, dealing with LEOs is starting to become uncomfortably similar to dealing with aggressive animals...

Use slow movements, calm voice, be very passive - or you might set them off and get attacked/shot.
View Quote

Same goes for dealing with muggers.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Sounds like the department handled it correctly. But charges need to be filed. I'm no hater of police but that was beyond unacceptable. Only his lack of skill saved that mans life. And PTSD shouldn't even be admissible. Has nothing to do with this incident.

I sincerely hope he goes to prison for many years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No question it's a bad shoot. What's interesting is that he had been involved in a previous shooting that was clean (was actually taking rounds from the bad guy prior to the shoot). While I expect he'll be convicted, I'll be interested to see how possible PTSD works into this, and what charge he ends up with. THIS is why PTSD in cops is a serious (but generally ignored) issue... it can result in a very bad thing happening to an innocent man.

BTW, for all the basement-dwelling, mouth-breathing cop haters out there, no favoritism was shown in the case, nor was anything covered up. Rule of law in action.

Sounds like the department handled it correctly. But charges need to be filed. I'm no hater of police but that was beyond unacceptable. Only his lack of skill saved that mans life. And PTSD shouldn't even be admissible. Has nothing to do with this incident.

I sincerely hope he goes to prison for many years.

Actually, it does. PTSD affects the perception of stimuli by the sufferer. What you might see as a man turning to get his wallet out of the car could be perceived as going for a gun in the mind of a person with PTSD related to that type of incident (which his prior good shoot was). Doesn't justify the incident, but is mitigation for charging/sentencing, and rightly so. That said, I bet SCHP will pay a fortune for failing to mandate SUFFICIENT treatment/counselling... and I expect rightly so. Knowing how LE is treated in SC, I know what I'm talking about -it's a LOT bigger problem than people realize.... at least the .mil provides services and a safety net for soldiers who suffer with it. Not so with LE -in fact, most officers are afraid to admit or seek help for fear of losing their jobs and benefits altogether if they do.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:50:40 AM EDT
[#22]
wow
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Just speaking generally about LEO encounters. Again, I'm not justifying this officers actions, or even the stop itself. It should just be traffic stop 101 not to make sudden movements towards your waist, pockets or inside your vehicle. Justified or not, shot is shot and I'd prefer not to be shot at all.
View Quote

So what exactly are my speeds and feeds for reaching for my wallet when asked for my license and registration?  Too fast and I get shot because I'm obviously quickdrawing from my hidden SOB holster.  Too slow and I'm diabolically planning the demise of the officer.  I think with a guy like that it's nearly a no-win scenario.

What about reaching for the glove compartment for my registration?  ZOMG, I might have a gun in there.

This guy obviously had issues but how do I know at the start of the encounter if I'm dealing with the cool, calm, and collected cop or Officer Itchy Trigger Finger?

I will say I have only been pulled over twice, once in Florida, once in Oklahoma and both stops were very professional.  When I was pulled over in OK, my passenger compartment back seat was filled with gun crap - ammo boxes, magazines, empty gun cases, etc.  No guns though.  Officer saw that stuff and asked about guns and I said no but I could tell he was on edge and alert.  I still didn't get shot though and he didn't unsnap his holster or anything.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:51:25 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm not reading 4 pages, but I'm hoping that no one here is defending the officer. That was as bad of a shoot as you can get.

Oh and vertical dash cam?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote

+1

I was thinking the exact same thing. Well said.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:53:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

He didn't say Simon says.  Cept in this version, if you mess up, the cops shoot you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HUH !!!!!!!!

I remember that one, it was local - agent got off scott-free.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:55:50 AM EDT
[#27]
What the fuck.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Just speaking generally about LEO encounters. Again, I'm not justifying this officers actions...

View Quote
You aren't allowed to do that here, in GD.

You'll be strung up by your short hairs.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Seriously?! I am supposed to explain my actions as I perform them to satisfy a JBT who demanded my "papers please" while he was making an unwarranted SEAT BELT "violation" stop ON PRIVATE PROPERTY so I don't have to worry about getting shot?!?!

NO.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No question it's a bad shoot. What's interesting is that he had been involved in a previous shooting that was clean (was actually taking rounds from the bad guy prior to the shoot). While I expect he'll be convicted, I'll be interested to see how possible PTSD works into this, and what charge he ends up with. THIS is why PTSD in cops is a serious (but generally ignored) issue... it can result in a very bad thing happening to an innocent man.

BTW, for all the basement-dwelling, mouth-breathing cop haters out there, no favoritism was shown in the case, nor was anything covered up. Rule of law in action.

Interesting information. You are correct that PTSD in police work is often ignored or overlooked.

Not that it in anyway justifies this shooting, but this is a clear example of why you should not do quick, furtive movements when in contact with officers. You might have a jumpy officer like this one. Tell the officer what your doing or reaching for/to so as to help avoid possible tragedy like this case or worse.

Seriously?! I am supposed to explain my actions as I perform them to satisfy a JBT who demanded my "papers please" while he was making an unwarranted SEAT BELT "violation" stop ON PRIVATE PROPERTY so I don't have to worry about getting shot?!?!

NO.  

If the stop is legitimate (and in this case, the initial stop was good because he saw the guy on the roadway without the seatbelt), YES. Especially in the part of town this occurred in. Nasty area. As in "crime scene worked it wearing body armor" nasty.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:58:27 AM EDT
[#30]
terrible shoot, officer is a moron
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Uh, yeah, "cops" come from all walks of life, usually with some life experience under their belts. I've worked with guys who'd been ranchers, electricians, carpenters, truck drivers, chemists, civil engineers, etc. I was on active duty, got out, got on with UPS, was in the Guard, and then decided to go into civilian LEO.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

VERY true.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:00:04 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
In both cases, the officers reacted to perceived threats as they were trained. And in both cases, the officers will have to live with themselves for pulling the trigger on people who were not carrying real guns.

At face-value, in both cases they were legally justified based upon what they knew at the time. I'm sure the officers would feel much better if they had taken an extra few seconds to assess what they were seeing before pulling the trigger.  

My argument is that pre-articulated responses to situations, intended to save lives, are resulting in unfortunate tragedies that people have to live with. I find that to be a very valid point.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

In both cases, the officers reacted to perceived threats as they were trained. And in both cases, the officers will have to live with themselves for pulling the trigger on people who were not carrying real guns.

At face-value, in both cases they were legally justified based upon what they knew at the time. I'm sure the officers would feel much better if they had taken an extra few seconds to assess what they were seeing before pulling the trigger.  

My argument is that pre-articulated responses to situations, intended to save lives, are resulting in unfortunate tragedies that people have to live with. I find that to be a very valid point.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Officer doesn't need to go to jail ...
... but damn,   [snip]
View Quote

This is one of the few times I will disagree with you.

Officer Strungtootight not only initiated a rather questionable stop, he immediately cleared leather AND pullet the trigger several times when the person was responding to his request for lic®.

Shooting someone without good reason is something that points to jail time.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Have to wonder why the Driver thought he was being stopped...especially if he thought he was OK to take his seatbelt off as he pulled in.....

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a sorry assed excuse ( if it is an excuse ) .....

Yes you MIGHT be a cross section of the citizenry you serve when you ENTER THE TRAINING ACADEMY.

You are SUPPOSED to be different when you GRADUATE !!!!!!!

Maybe FORMER MILITARY should not be allowed to become CIVILIAN LEO ?????

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:08:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Lol at the JBT's here saying bad shoot, but PTSD and furtive movement.  It would be interesting to know how many times he has come close to doing this before incident.  So now that he is fired, will he have to pay for his own defense?

Comedy gold.  

View Quote

The difference between cops and you is that we look beyond the actions for cause. Why? Because sometimes there is a reason or cause behind an unlawful act that MUST be taken into consideration in the interest of justice. You are simply too stupid to comprehend that -but I'm sure you'll be hoping for that treatment when (you seem to be too much of a punk to stay out of trouble and not commit crimes) you are arrested. It is called mitigation, and can mean the difference between a homeowner who made a bad shoot while thinking he was defending his family spending life in prison or spending 3 years plus parole.

No-one says he is innocent, but it is important to look for causes to prevent future incidents. If we can prevent another shooting by recognizing and addressing a contributing factor in this one shouldn't we do it?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Have to wonder why the Driver thought he was being stopped...especially if he thought he was OK to take his seatbelt off as he pulled in.....

View Quote

You've never taken off your seatbelt as you were getting ready to leave you vehicle.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I would love to see those statistics posted from a reliable source.  Please provide the data to support your claim.

BTW, love the patronizing way you answered, lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

People are getting shot because they don't know any better by officers who are simply being too aggressive. This is not isolated, it is a trend that needs de-escalated.

Calm down.  There are tens of thousands of vehicle stops and other police contacts that happen every single day.  Very rarely is any force used, much less deadly force.  And in the overwhelming majority of cases when deadly force is used, it is very easily justified.  This guy fucked up and overreacted, not a trend.  And he will answer for it.

I would love to see those statistics posted from a reliable source.  Please provide the data to support your claim.

BTW, love the patronizing way you answered, lol.

Chairborne, do all soldiers murder and rape civilians?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#39]
WOW, cop is going to be strung up on some strong charges. Kudos to the guy who got shot, im pretty sure that if I got shot I would be less than happy/composed.

I have to say my CCW class instructor had it right,  turn on dome light, put both hands on wheel, inform officer you are/are not armed, (AK state law says CCW permit holders MUST inform of having permit and if they are carrying on official contact) wait for instructions, ask and clarify instructions if you are going to take hands off wheel. The 4 times ive been stopped since then (im a lead foot) have been very incident free.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

PTSD......For this shoot....no fucking way. Stop trying to make excuses. This cop simply tried to kill the driver.

PTSD should be taken seriously, but this was an assault.

No cop hate, just BAD cop hate. This is happening way too much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PTSD......For this shoot....no fucking way. Stop trying to make excuses. This cop simply tried to kill the driver.

PTSD should be taken seriously, but this was an assault.

No cop hate, just BAD cop hate. This is happening way too much.

No excuses, just fact and opinion. He was appropriately charged. And YOUR mouth-breathing attitude is why so many cops don't trust the public. It goes both ways, moron.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:14:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Happened less than ten miles from my house.  From what I understand, the trooper has been in trouble before.
View Quote

Not trouble, but a previous good shoot where the guy pulled a gun and lit up at the trooper.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

But is he a criminal?  That is the question.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

What a bullshit charge if that have been a person who wasn't a LEO the charge would be attempted murder and should be for the cop as well
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ex-S.C. trooper who shot unarmed man faces charges

COLUMBIA, S.C. — A former South Carolina state trooper who shot an unarmed man was charged Wednesday with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature.

Sean Groubert, 31, was booked at the Richland County Detention Center. He faces up to 20 years in prison if convicted.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/24/ex-trooper-who-shot-unarmed-man-faces-charges/16178961/

What a bullshit charge if that have been a person who wasn't a LEO the charge would be attempted murder and should be for the cop as well

Actually, no. it's appropriate. Major changes in SC code a few years back.

ASSAULT AND BATTERY OF A HIGH AND AGGRAVATED NATURE
(ABHAN)
Class C Felony
Code §16-3-600(B)(1)
CDR Code 3411

Elements Of The Offense:

That the accused did unlawfully injure another person, and

(a) “Great Bodily Injury” to another person results; or

(b) the act is accomplished by means likely to produce death or great bodily   injury.

Penalty:
Imprisonment for not more than 20 years.

Note:
“Great Bodily Injury” means bodily injury which causes a substantial risk of death or which causes serious, permanent disfigurement or protracted loss or impairment of the function of a bodily member or organ.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:22:59 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

But is he a criminal?  That is the question.

It sure looks criminal from here.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:23:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Got a problem with this. Guy gets pulled over for not wearing a seat belt. Who cares if he is not wearing a seat belt. I'm white but was he pulled over for being a black man not wearing a seat belt. Would this cop shot if it was a white man leaning over the seat? Sounds like he was still shooting as the guy was backing up with his hands up.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:24:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

and all too rare, that's why cops are hated. Cops will continue to be hated until the "police up their shit." They had to admit that its they that are the problem, not everyone else.  We still have not seen the blue wall come up, I sure it will with a fully paid for public defense as well and a reinstatement.

You guys are not out of the woods yet.

Here is hoping for a life sentence or at the very least and never ever holding any position of responsibility over the public again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and all too rare, that's why cops are hated. Cops will continue to be hated until the "police up their shit." They had to admit that its they that are the problem, not everyone else.  We still have not seen the blue wall come up, I sure it will with a fully paid for public defense as well and a reinstatement.

You guys are not out of the woods yet.

Here is hoping for a life sentence or at the very least and never ever holding any position of responsibility over the public again.

Wow. You Stormfront people scare me. Ever try actually READING the law for yourselves rather than simply taking the word of some random guy off the internet because it fits with what you want to believe?

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:26:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I posted the SC state law. Try reading. They did it right.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

He intentionally shot (i.e., used deadly force) against another human being, without justification. Why hasn't he been charged with an attempted homicide crime of some sort?

Also, consider switching to decaf.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He intentionally shot (i.e., used deadly force) against another human being, without justification. Why hasn't he been charged with an attempted homicide crime of some sort?

Also, consider switching to decaf.

Because of the law. Try reading it. How the HELL could you have gotten an FFL if you can't comprehend reading a few laws? Or is that "hometown dealer" thing for street-grade pharmaceuticals?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They always sell it as a "secondary" enforcement law when it's first enacted. Then the slippery slope kicks in, and they change it to "primary," and then start doing checkpoints to enforce it.

For the children, of course.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Revenue collecting should not be a #1 reason to pull someone over. I believe in Mass a seat belt violation is not allowed as the reason to pull you over. After they do pull you over for some other BS they then can tac it on to further the total fine. Well atleast that vic will be getting a new truck.

They always sell it as a "secondary" enforcement law when it's first enacted. Then the slippery slope kicks in, and they change it to "primary," and then start doing checkpoints to enforce it.

For the children, of course.

Funny thing is, it was the street cops who tried to fight the enacting of the seatbelt law. We lost.
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top