Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:48:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Two.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The only place I can think of where it would even remotely be an issue would be Cuyahoga County, with their big city thinking and all.  In most parts of Ohio the clerk would be given the key to the city and a new box of ammo.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Report yesterday said he had no CCL, hopefully this doesnt cause too much trouble.

Don't need one to CC in a private business, if you are an employee/"agent of the proprietor" and have his permission. Also, the "reasonable person" defense is still a valid affirmative defense, last I knew. Given the circumstances as presented, unless he's a prohibited person, I'd say there's about a 0% chance he's going to be charged with anything.
The only place I can think of where it would even remotely be an issue would be Cuyahoga County, with their big city thinking and all.  In most parts of Ohio the clerk would be given the key to the city and a new box of ammo.

He should be fine in Stark County. Good shoot.

Ohhh and fuck Cuyahoga County
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:56:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Open carry with permission of the owner?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Report yesterday said he had no CCL, hopefully this doesnt cause too much trouble.

Open carry with permission of the owner?

Idk how Ohio is, but in Kentucky you don't need a CCL to carry concealed on private property if you have permission from the owner. So he could have still had it concealed as well.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:57:33 AM EDT
[#4]

"thanks for bertectin"
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:10:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:28:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

He open carried Ohio is a constitutional OC state. He was on private propert with permission from the owner to carry. I'd bet you can even do that in New Jersey.

I like the black folks standing up for the clerk and none of that Dindu Nuffin nonsense
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Don't need one to CC in a private business, if you are an employee/"agent of the proprietor" and have his permission. Also, the "reasonable person" defense is still a valid affirmative defense, last I knew. Given the circumstances as presented, unless he's a prohibited person, I'd say there's about a 0% chance he's going to be charged with anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true here in michigan according to a lawyer I know that had to defend a strip club manager that was ccwing.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's not over until the third suspect is apprehended.  He could be dead, we just don't know right now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So close to that hat trick

It's not over until the third suspect is apprehended.  He could be dead, we just don't know right now.

The way the announcer talked quickly at the end of the report made it sound as if he said, "The third assailant seen here in dark clothes and a white mask is still at large, but the clerk's co-workers hope to welcome him back soon"      (sic) So they can shoot him, too.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:44:04 AM EDT
[#10]
According to people interviewed on the news last night he always open carried while at work and everyone in the neighborhood knew it...except for these three boneheads apparently.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:04:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Two out of three with rounds inbound.  I'd like to buy that man a beer or twelve.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Two out of three with rounds inbound.  I'd like to buy that man a beer or twelve.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:23:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:27:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:28:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Outstanding!
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Out FUCKING standing!
View Quote

I paraphrased you.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:37:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah, it's a real shame, he wasn't able to get the 3rd guy.  

Good shooting under duress none the less.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1/3 bad shoot

Yeah, it's a real shame, he wasn't able to get the 3rd guy.  

Good shooting under duress none the less.

a .667 average would get you into Cooperstown. First ballot.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:36:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Good

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:43:11 PM EDT
[#21]
" />
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Problem loading the article:

Do any of them state how he is being covered medically? Would hate to see a person go into financial hardship over this.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:50:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Open Carry is gtg in Ohio.   Hey, I'm sure a neighbor was in the store 15 mins before it happened and saw the clerk openly carrying his pistol while working the counter.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:58:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Awesome job by the clerk.  Two less scumbags in the world.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The way the announcer talked quickly at the end of the report made it sound as if he said, "The third assailant seen here in dark clothes and a white mask is still at large, but the clerk's co-workers hope to welcome him back soon"      (sic) So they can shoot him, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So close to that hat trick

Yeah, I caught that, too!
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#26]
The mother off the dead baby daddy (Ronnie Lawson) has set up a Go Fund Me account to help pay for his funeral expenses. Fuck that shit.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:48:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
An Ohio member (ThePontificator) posted a link in the Ohio forum of a previous robbery.

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local/canton/2014/08/30/two-robbery-suspects-open-fire-inside-store/14859717/
View Quote

Well, isn't that interesting...

Whoever's wearing the white mask is the one still out there, I think.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:10:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:14:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Here is a better surveillance video:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=25f_1411498494
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:18:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:19:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:28:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Hopefully the third POS will be caught and charged with the two others deaths.

That's how they do it here. In Ohio?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:30:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I wonder what the clerk had and where he hit them, cause the guy in red was still shooting and they both would have been able to return fire in their condition as they ran away if they chose to.

ETA:  After watching that again, it wouldn't surprise me if the guy in red hit one of his partners in crime.  He hit the concrete and display barrels next to the entrance with his panicked fire.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here is a better surveillance video:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=25f_1411498494

I wonder what the clerk had and where he hit them, cause the guy in red was still shooting and they both would have been able to return fire in their condition as they ran away if they chose to.

ETA:  After watching that again, it wouldn't surprise me if the guy in red hit one of his partners in crime.  He hit the concrete and display barrels next to the entrance with his panicked fire.  

For all we know, he Glocked his own femoral artery and perforated his accomplice, and the clerk never fired/landed a shot?

That would be poetic.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:30:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty sure we have a felony murder statute.

ETA: Yep.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:10:57 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, in the infinite wisdom and mercy that passes for justice in Ohio the third accomplice is on the hook for a couple of counts of Aggravated Murder.  He's facing a possible death penalty case in that one.  Which is good and bad for him because Death Row is much nicer than regular general population.  Not that I really care all that much what happens to him once he's caught.  

They'll run the shooting past the Grand Jury as far as the clerk is concerned.  These things usually start with a fairly detailed lesson on what is considered a lawful use of deadly force in Ohio.  They then present the facts of the case in case anyone has any questions.  Killing someone is fairly serious business in Ohio so they do take a long look at the entire case to be sure the shooter is in the clear.  Around these parts its not so much a witch hunt as it is crossing all the T's and dotting every I to make sure it really was what it appeared to be.  I've known a few that had to endure the scrutiny but have yet to see anyone but a guy who shot a kid at 200 yards with a .308 for stealing some plants out of his marijuana patch and another guy who shot a kid at a similar distance for stealing a bale of straw actually put on trial.  

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 1:23:28 PM EDT
[#37]
facebook suggestion for the win!
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
facebook suggestion for the win!
http://i62.tinypic.com/f39ojr.jpg
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yes, in the infinite wisdom and mercy that passes for justice in Ohio the third accomplice is on the hook for a couple of counts of Aggravated Murder.  He's facing a possible death penalty case in that one.  Which is good and bad for him because Death Row is much nicer than regular general population.  Not that I really care all that much what happens to him once he's caught.  

They'll run the shooting past the Grand Jury as far as the clerk is concerned.  These things usually start with a fairly detailed lesson on what is considered a lawful use of deadly force in Ohio.  They then present the facts of the case in case anyone has any questions.  Killing someone is fairly serious business in Ohio so they do take a long look at the entire case to be sure the shooter is in the clear.  Around these parts its not so much a witch hunt as it is crossing all the T's and dotting every I to make sure it really was what it appeared to be.  I've known a few that had to endure the scrutiny but have yet to see anyone but a guy who shot a kid at 200 yards with a .308 for stealing some plants out of his marijuana patch and another guy who shot a kid at a similar distance for stealing a bale of straw actually put on trial.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That mirrors my experience on the grand jury.  They explain the charges, what is required to meet the charges, and then what exactly happened any why it fits the charges.  Then they present any evidence.  Finally, it's put to a vote.  I'm pretty sure he's in the clear seeing as far as the shooting goes.  As far as carrying is concerned if he was OCing I'm pretty sure he's g2g.  If he was CCWing, it wouldn't take a particularly skillful attorney to convince a couple jury members that he meets one of the "reasonable need" exceptions for not having a license, assuming the DA even tries to push the issue...

I lived in Stark for 25 years before I moved to neighboring Wayne county.  Parts of Canton are a shithole.  IMHO just living and/or working there meets the "reasonable need" requirement...
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#40]
I lived in Ohio all my life until last year I never knew about the felony murder thing.  Cool.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 4:35:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Not to many details on the clerk, but he was hit in the legs and still killed two of the three crooks.  Sound like he has a good bit of community support and the PD portion sounds supportive of the shoot.

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local/stark-county/2014/09/22/marathon-armed-robbery/16083845/
View Quote

Sounds like 1st Degree Robbery since a weapon was used and inflicted serious bodily harm

Minimum Sentence = 3 years
Maximum Sentence = 10 years

Average Cost per day for an Inmate in Ohio - $164

Minimum Cost to Tax payer for 1 Inmate for 3 years - $179,580
Maximum Cost to Tax Payer for 1 Inmate for 10 years - $598,600

Two Criminals Killed - Cost Savings for Tax Payer - Range ( $359,160 , $1,197,200)

I'd say the Clerk earned a new handgun for his birthday...Group Buy?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Good shoot,   That is the guy from the other thread about his gofundme thread.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Ha! How is it running shot with your pants halfway down dumbass!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Good shoot!
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Private property no license required.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 5:18:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Dead Eye Dick deserves a...

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 5:18:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top