BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 7:38:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Please please please let it be a 9mm carbine!
View Quote

This!!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:12:49 PM EDT
[#2]
They used to make a Mini-14 in 6.8 SPC... my guess is one now in .300 Blackout.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

If this is the case it will die off rather quickly just like the 6.8 version...
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:32:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

No front sight post visible on the barrel, however...and the profile doesn't match that of a Mini-30.

The pistol caliber carbine crowd is starting to look almost certain at this point....
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:34:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No front sight post visible on the barrel, however...and the profile doesn't match that of a Mini-30.

The pistol caliber carbine crowd is starting to look almost certain at this point....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't it have iron sights also? The only rifle without irons at the end of the barrel that I can think of is some kind of AR variant.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The original GB model had the front sight further back from the muzzle.

Maybe they're making GB models.

The PC series profile had the front sight right up to the muzzle.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Wouldn't it have iron sights also? The only rifle without irons at the end of the barrel that I can think of is some kind of AR variant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So it's going to likely be something free-floated, or a "tactical" version of something extant with 1913 rails.

My bet is something with 1913 rails

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:54:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So it's going to likely be something free-floated, or a "tactical" version of something extant with 1913 rails.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ugh.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:56:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Because at 7 yards, I want it to hit where I'm aiming, not where it wants to hit. I know other people have found fixed sight guns that work that way. I've never had any luck. It isn't me--I've just never convinced someone with a fixed sight revolver that has proper point of impact to sell it to me.

ETA: I mean I've shot other people's fixed sight revolvers that have proper POI. Then I buy one, go through 8-12 different makes, bullet weights, etc. of ammo and still never get one that's close. That and, in my opinion, adjustable sights are easier to get a good sight picture with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>
Is this the 9mm LCR you want?
Ruger 9mm LCR
ETA They even make an exposed hammer model

Why can't they make one with real (adjustable) sights? *sigh*

Why would you need given the purpose of the LCR? I'm asking honestly. I prefer the uncomplicated, less costly sights that are on it. It's not a "range" gun.

Because at 7 yards, I want it to hit where I'm aiming, not where it wants to hit. I know other people have found fixed sight guns that work that way. I've never had any luck. It isn't me--I've just never convinced someone with a fixed sight revolver that has proper point of impact to sell it to me.

ETA: I mean I've shot other people's fixed sight revolvers that have proper POI. Then I buy one, go through 8-12 different makes, bullet weights, etc. of ammo and still never get one that's close. That and, in my opinion, adjustable sights are easier to get a good sight picture with.

I agree. Adjustable sights on everything.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:31:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Another guess: a version of a threaded American rimfire.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was told months ago this was coming
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:48:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:34:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its been in stores for months.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:35:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ugh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ugh.

Because Ruger wouldn't release something with only rail at the 12, oh wait they did almost 3 years ago...

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Ruger SR556 in 300BO?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:56:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone else think that barrel step is for a gas block? I'm thinking semi auto for sure.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:56:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anyone else think that barrel step is for a gas block? I'm thinking semi auto for sure.
View Quote

Me too.

I vote SR in 6.5 Grendel  
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:00:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Me too.

I vote SR in 6.5 Grendel  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.

I vote SR in 6.5 Grendel  

That might get me out of my "Ruger is for rimfire" mode.

I don't think it's a Mini anything.  They have steel receivers do they not?

If it's not an AR variant, it's an aluminum receivered PCC.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:56:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please please please let it be a 9mm carbine!

This!!!!

Looking like that is a no.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:58:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Man I hope this is a joke... Jeff from Gunblast just put up a video of Ruger's new "AR 556 Gas impingement rifle"
LAME

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:09:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Man I hope this is a joke... Jeff from Gunblast just put up a video of Ruger's new "AR 556 Gas impingement rifle"

LAME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQOMeh8FDZk

View Quote

Looks like a better gun than the M&P Sport and it's cheaper.  I bet they'll sell a ton
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Is it wrong to like the FSB? Looks like it would put a lot of inconsistent pressure on the barrel.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:18:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Looks like a better gun than the M&P Sport and it's cheaper.  I bet they'll sell a ton
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LAME

Street price of around $600?!?!?!  Shit, for that price I would probably buy one.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Is it wrong to like the FSB? Looks like it would put a lot of inconsistent pressure on the barrel.
View Quote

I really like the QD socket on the bottom of the FSB
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

A couple days ago I was going to post a DIG AR, but poopooed the idea due to it being in direct competition with themselves.

I let my 15 minutes of fame slip right through my fingers.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Street price of around $600?!?!?!  Shit, for that price I would probably buy one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LAME

For $600 I'm in for one.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#27]
And the glut continues.

Not that it's a bad thing...
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:25:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Does it have something to do with barrel length?
<snip>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does it have something to do with barrel length?
<snip>

Nope. I have a ~3 inch barrel 41 Magnum 657 (adjustable sights) custom shop special (round butt conversion) that is a joy to shoot at 25 yards. That's what I use to distract other people at the range. (Somewhere, I should have pictures of me shooting a4" 41 Mag in IPSC, and the RO has his head turned away and one hand covered the ear closest to me.)

Plus, I've shot other short barrel, fixed sight revolvers that hit properly. I just haven't managed to buy one.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:28:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:31:52 AM EDT
[#30]
A new claw hammer?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Its official. DI AR.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:16:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Hmm. For $600 I feel like selling something and buying that instead.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:19:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:21:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Talk about being late to the party.  I think they missed the boat by about 2 years?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Talk about being late to the party.  I think they missed the boat by about 2 years?
View Quote

Late yes, but at a price point under $600 they will sell like hotcakes.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
No shit.

ETA:  holy balls,mother make something with a bayonet lug again!  
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#37]
What kind of grip is taht?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:29:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Wait, so now even Ruger is going to sell an AR cheaper than the Mini-14?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Its official. DI AR.
View Quote

It really sucks to be DPMS and the smaller budget mfrs right about now.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:30:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Their price point will make their arrival time less an issue. I think a Ruger brand AR for $600 on store shelves will sell well.

I wouldn't buy one since I can build something to higher specs by looking for deals and piecing something together.

Those who want to maybe delve into the auto loading rifle world and branch out from their pump 12 gauge are going to be tempted by this.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Well...  that's even plainer than I suspected.

But I bet they sell a ton of them on their name alone.  Much less on their name and at that price point.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:32:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
No shit.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No shit.  

The panic did more for retailers than it did for manufacturers.

Dealers and flippers made margin. Manufacturers only upped volume for a short time.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#43]
So I guess this delegates the mini's target market to ban states. I'm seeing this putting a hurting on DPMS, Bushmaster, Rock River and other brands that offer $700+ rifles with less than Colt specs. I think BCM, PSA, Del-Ton and the high end guys will be almost unaffected.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So I guess this delegates the mini's target market to ban states. I'm seeing this putting a hurting on DPMS, Bushmaster, Rock River and other brands that offer $700+ rifles with less than Colt specs. I think BCM, PSA, Del-Ton and the high end guys will be almost unaffected.
View Quote

I think it can destroy freedom group sales.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Is Ruger producing all the components of this rifle in-house?

They have gigantic (for the gun industry) manufacturing capacity.  Ruger getting into the AR "pieces" business could alter the market tremendously.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:40:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Their price point will make their arrival time less an issue. I think a Ruger brand AR for $600 on store shelves will sell well.

I wouldn't buy one since I can build something to higher specs by looking for deals and piecing something together.

Those who want to maybe delve into the auto loading rifle world and branch out from their pump 12 gauge are going to be tempted by this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know what your saying, but damn think how many would they could have sold at double that price if they would have gotten into the game years ago.

These days everybody and their brother is putting out ARs.  I think I may be the only one that doesn't have a machine spittin out lowers right now.  

Their name is gonna be what saves them on this venture, as I'm sure when deciding between the Ruger AR for 600 and the Anderson AR for 600 most

are gonna grab the Ruger as they're already familiar with the name? Just my .02 cents.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Where are we getting the $600 price point? Is it just a calculated guess based on the MSRP of $750 or am I missing something obvious?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:45:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Where are we getting the $600 price point? Is it just a calculated guess based on the MSRP of $750 or am I missing something obvious?
View Quote

Looking at Ruger's typical MSRP-to-street price ratio, I'd say $600 is probably pretty accurate.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ruger MSRP is always really high
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top