Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>
Is this the 9mm LCR you want?
Ruger 9mm LCR
ETA They even make an exposed hammer model

Why can't they make one with real (adjustable) sights? *sigh*

Why would you need given the purpose of the LCR? I'm asking honestly. I prefer the uncomplicated, less costly sights that are on it. It's not a "range" gun.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:00:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Not only would it sell well (if priced right), but I think it would lead to more sales of their SR pistols if that was the mag they went with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
PC9 please

I'll take one too.

Seconded

Thirded.

Not only would it sell well (if priced right), but I think it would lead to more sales of their SR pistols if that was the mag they went with.

I think they could make a few bucks even selling them as a combo package.  

Maybe I am wrong, but I think there is more of a place in today's market for a pistol and carbine that use the same mags and ammo, especially to people who might be more inclined to be as cost conscious and practical as possible about what they buy.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:16:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Updated Ruger PC carbine in 10mm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vaquero in 45-70

Magnum Research already did that. Not exactly a vaquero frame but close enough.I want one.

ETA-another I'd like. Updated, slimmed and lightened P series in 10MM.

Updated Ruger PC carbine in 10mm.

Better idea. Both, with common mags.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:18:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Hell yes.  We only get 7 rounds here, may as well make them count.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LCR in 500 S&W

I would buy one.

Hell yes.  We only get 7 rounds here, may as well make them count.

.500 on LCR size? If you miss the bad guy you can kill him with fire. That's a win.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Why would you need given the purpose of the LCR? I'm asking honestly. I prefer the uncomplicated, less costly sights that are on it. It's not a "range" gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>
Ruger 9mm LCR

Because at 7 yards, I want it to hit where I'm aiming, not where it wants to hit. I know other people have found fixed sight guns that work that way. I've never had any luck. It isn't me--I've just never convinced someone with a fixed sight revolver that has proper point of impact to sell it to me.

ETA: I mean I've shot other people's fixed sight revolvers that have proper POI. Then I buy one, go through 8-12 different makes, bullet weights, etc. of ammo and still never get one that's close. That and, in my opinion, adjustable sights are easier to get a good sight picture with.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:50:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Because at 7 yards, I want it to hit where I'm aiming, not where it wants to hit. I know other people have found fixed sight guns that work that way. I've never had any luck. It isn't me--I've just never convinced someone with a fixed sight revolver that has proper point of impact to sell it to me.

ETA: I mean I've shot other people's fixed sight revolvers that have proper POI. Then I buy one, go through 8-12 different makes, bullet weights, etc. of ammo and still never get one that's close. That and, in my opinion, adjustable sights are easier to get a good sight picture with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>
Ruger 9mm LCR

If I decide to sell mine (I'm considering it since I don't carry it), I'll try and let you know. This is 15ft, but it's pretty much the same out to 10-12 yards. The group just opens up a bit because of me.

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Is that aluminum billet?  I thought Ruger did almost everything by investment casting.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:56:17 PM EDT
[#8]

I think that it is pretty small piece of whatever it is.  I can't tell from the picture.  I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think that it is pretty small piece of whatever it is.  I can't tell from the picture.  I could be wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, I can't tell the scale, either.  That page hanging on the wall isn't offering any clues.

But I'm not even sure about the material.  It doesn't look like anything I'm used to seeing, and I'm frequently in and around a DoD manufacturing facility.  Maybe steel blanks with a coating of machine oil?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like extruded aluminum bar stock cut to length.  Those bins come in every size under the sun, but given the proportion I'm guessing that stock is roughly 6"x2"x3/4".  Like a 3/4" thick dollar bill.

I will hand this to Ruger.  The bang for buck on this marketing plan has to be pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fucking lever action pistol caliber carbine. Huge market now that Marlin collapsed on the job, and since they like to copy Rossi/Taurus designs, super easy to throw together a 1892 clone.
View Quote

I'd buy the shit out of that.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If I decide to sell mine (I'm considering it since I don't carry it), I'll try and let you know. This is 15ft, but it's pretty much the same out to 10-12 yards. The group just opens up a bit because of me.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5097/14007647303_3b2affea10_z.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>
Ruger 9mm LCR

Looks like a 357?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:24:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I really wish Ruger would have gone the route of the terrible IB revolver from Taurus, and chopped the cylinder to fit the the length of the 9mm round, and then chopped the frame to fit the shorter cylinder.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Looks like a 357?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like a 357?

It is. I like it a lot, but after trying 3 different holsters I never could get used to carrying it. The cylinder width just makes it too wide for me to carry IWB. I've heard there's a new "boot" grip that makes it pocket-carryable, but I never could find one in stock and I'd be concerned with the shootability of the .357 with that little tiny grip. Seems a bit silly to keep it around if I won't carry it, but I haven't decided yet.

ETA: It is a lot of fun to pull out at the range and scare the people next stall over with, though. It's a cannon.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:26:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I really wish Ruger would have gone the route of the terrible IB revolver from Taurus, and chopped the cylinder to fit the the length of the 9mm round, and then chopped the frame to fit the shorter cylinder.
View Quote

Same here

For the folks that have no clue what you're talking about.

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:18:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here

http://www.taurususa.com/images/imagesMain/taurus-2-tau_2_380129ul_lft.jpg

http://www.taurususa.com/images/imagesMain/taurus-1-tau_2_380129ul.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/BDSBruce/Blog%20Photos/0467f6ef.jpg

So what you're telling us, is Taurus took a great idea and executed it poorly? How shocking.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Same here

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here

I would have rather seen them keep the same overall footprint, but with the shorter cylinder, so the barrel could be extended backwards.  Same size, just slightly longer barrel.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I would have rather seen them keep the same overall footprint, but with the shorter cylinder, so the barrel could be extended backwards.  Same size, just slightly longer barrel.

View Quote

That would have been really cool as well.  Smith did that with a Performance Center 625 a few years ago.  I really, really wish I had bought one then.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:58:26 PM EDT
[#19]
New teaser pic up. It's a barrel on a lathe.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote
There is a decent chamber step on that thing.  Could be a shotgun....

....or an XGI?  What else would they make that requires such a massive chamber?

Though, with the large silver blanks, and huge boxes....I'm gonna go for the Gold Label.  Silver monoblock would explain the earlier images and why it could be small, and since its a monoblock and long barrels, that could explain how such a thing could be made at the MO plant.

Then again, I could just be talking out of my ass.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:40:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:33:40 PM EDT
[#23]
That's a CNC lathe center. My guess the chuck is 7-8" in in diameter...

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Anyone more experienced with lathes have any sense of scale of what were looking at here?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Anyone more experienced with lathes have any sense of scale of what were looking at here?  

between the aluminum and this I am now guessing an AR variant.  If i was off on the scale of the aluminum it could be billet lowers.  The step in the barrel is a pointless  operation unless the finished profile has a step.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:26:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Whatever the hell it is I wish they'd just do these damn things for products that are actually new. Not just modifications of existing mediocrity.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

between the aluminum and this I am now guessing an AR variant.  If i was off on the scale of the aluminum it could be billet lowers.  The step in the barrel is a pointless  operation unless the finished profile has a step.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AR Pattern .308.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:50:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

AR Pattern .308.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AR Pattern .308.

They already have one of those.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:51:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

AR Pattern .308.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AR Pattern .308.

Been out for over a year
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:53:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Been out for over a year
View Quote

Ehhh....   Tells you how much I pay attention to ruger.  

Other .308 derivative cartridges perhaps?

ETA:  Surely they would not do something as plain as making such a big deal out of one in .300 Blackout?
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:57:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

ETA:  Surely they would not do something as plain as making such a big deal out of one in .300 Blackout?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Been out for over a year

I think that the big deal that many are missing is that Ruger has released for different firearms in the last two weeks and dealers can find them in stock at the distributors. That is miles better than any other company. In reality, its only a week of hype, compared to most new firearms that is nothing.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 11:11:41 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope not

Could that giant hunk of aluminum become a Mini receiver, or an XGI?    I'd settle for the PC series again.....possibly.....unless they made it suck again

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 11:13:07 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Been out for over a year

Their piston .308 is actually a nifty piece, and that is not conditional upon it being a Ruger.

If memory serves, it's the lightest piston .308 around.  Still relative, but nifty.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:26:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I think that the big deal that many are missing is that Ruger has released for different firearms in the last two weeks and dealers can find them in stock at the distributors. That is miles better than any other company. In reality, its only a week of hype, compared to most new firearms that is nothing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Been out for over a year

Actually, that's a pretty big deal.

My local fun shop had a LCR 9mm in stock when I went in on Friday.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:37:36 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Been out for over a year

Traditionally Ruger is one of the best for making sure their products actually exist.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Traditionally Ruger is one of the best for making sure their products actually exist.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Been out for over a year

Which is why they need to troll Kel-Tec again and make a clone of the KSG shotgun.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:00:27 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Been out for over a year

Traditionally Ruger would advertise the shit out of shit for a year or two in magazines and then release it. Ruger is really turning hings around with the last few years.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:01:43 AM EDT
[#37]
M&P Pro 10mm
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:04:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I vote pump or auto shotgun...
View Quote

Ya know...if Ruger would put out a AR15 based shotgun......
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Their marketing department guys/gals deserve raises.

This is fun and my next gun will be a Ruger. Again. I need to unload a few non R branded guns to do it. Do consignments at LGS's generally sell well over the holidays?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:17:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Because most of us have stacks of AR mags?

Because proprietary mags are stupid and expensive?

Pie?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Retro GB folder Ruger Mini-14... Because that would actually make sense and sell like hotcakes.

hell yes

As long as it took AR mags I'd be all over that

Why does everything need to take AR mags? A mini 14 would take mini 14 mags.

Because most of us have stacks of AR mags?

Because proprietary mags are stupid and expensive?

Pie?

I can't wait till Glock starts making their guns work with S&W mags....'cause ya know..proprietary mags are stupid..
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:25:20 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Traditionally Ruger would advertise the shit out of shit for a year or two in magazines and then release it. Ruger is really turning hings around with the last few years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:?

You got me.  I meant to say "as of late"

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

M&P Pro 10mm
View Quote
Wrong company. Ruger copies Kel-Tec, not S&W.

But I want one BAD!
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:34:50 PM EDT
[#43]
The new pic shows barrels with flash hiders.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote

Post it.... I don't do facebook.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does it have something to do with barrel length?

I've shot fixed sight revolvers with longer barrels that seem to hit fine, but my S&W 642 and I can't really get together on what the sights are supposed to mean.  Meanwhile, I swear that one of the other J-frames in the family (my mother's LadySmith) hits with its sights better than this 642, but then I don't recall what the rear sight on that LadySmith looks like anymore.

I bought my 642 before the real introduction of a grip laser for them, but after trying one I went from being a detractor of laser sights on general purpose civilian guns to a believer for shorter pistols.  I don't own a laser grip yet, but it was the only sight that made sense on the 642.  I would not want adjustable sights as I don't want anything else, nor anything sharp, built up on that area of the weapon and digging into my side.  The 642 is an ultra-comfortable carry piece, and I don't want to change that.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Dedicated 22LR M4 pattern rifle?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
8 Shot .357 Magnum built on the Redhawk frame.

Can only hope.
View Quote

I like how  you think. I'm in for a 9mm LCR though.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Please please please let it be a 9mm carbine!
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Dedicated 22LR M4 pattern rifle?
View Quote

Zero market for that right now, due to all the assholes buying up the .22 and reselling.

Nobody buys a gun they can't readily get ammo for.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top