Quoted:
Quoted:
Easy street?

No...

ETA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErN4WwxGAMA

This is the subdivision I live in Click here

How's the hobo camp across the river?

I can't see it and they're in a floodplain, so who cars?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:23:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I voted sort of yes.
I live in the bay area Ca.. I have a rental in San Ramon Ca., and another in San Diego Ca.. When real-estate was down, I bought a big ass house in Pahrump Nv., and
I'm currently renting it. My plan was, move to Pahrump, SBR's, FA, Can's, etc., (dream world) but I'm getting real fucking tired of the heat. I'm not sure if  I could handle real cold weather, but I know that I hate the heat. I've been looking at places in Oregon, but i know that I'm going to have to spend some time there to find the right place.

Tough one, but I'll probably move within the next few years.
View Quote

Your field of work can significantly narrow your choices. Just be warned going in.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:26:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, Alaska is the best place I have ever lived.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:27:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Nope, I hate California and miss being in Montana, especially this time of year. However, I am happy where I am , professionally and personally, so that keeps me here. One day I'll give into the call of the Treasure State and return
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:43:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Easy street?

No...

ETA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErN4WwxGAMA

This is the subdivision I live in Click here

How's the hobo camp across the river?

Probably not many, except those fishing past the Steel Reserve St bridge
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:45:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:48:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I voted mostly yes but would like to relocate about 65 miles SE and retire at the family cabin.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:55:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I love Nevada. Gun friendly, countless mountains, canyons, basins and valleys. Mostly unpopulated public land devoid of KEEP OUT signs. I couldn't see it all in a dozen lifetimes. I live in a county nearly as big as some eastern states with a population around 4,000 with one stop light. The next best place for me would be SE Alaska. Completely different climate but unlimited hunting and fishing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:56:03 AM EDT
[#10]
What would you do in Nome, Alaska?

I voted mostly yes.   SE WA.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:01:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, mostly.

I love the weather (could be less windy) the mountains,  the desert, the food, the history, my business is here, and my family. I'm 10 minutes from anywhere in town worth going, or 10 minutes from the middle of no where in the desert, 15 minuets and I'm in the mountains.

I don't like the lack of people my age, the odd and ever drifting political environment,  the constant influx of elderly ca and east coast liberals that move here and try and make it the place they just escaped.

There isn't many other places id rather be though, and the good out way the bad, it came close in a mayoral election to swaying that towards the bad.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:02:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you were asking me I wouldn't want to be in Nome. SE Alaska is the panhandle and Inside Passage. Prince of Wales Island is a paradise.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:04:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

No idea, but I have several options. After living there for 22ish years I have a few contacts.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:16:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Nope, much as I hate to admit it I preferred Alaska.
I think coastal or more rural NC would beat the shit out of the Triad though.
I also like West Texas, and most of the Midwest, but there are no oceans nearby and that poses a problem.
End of the day, I'm not sure I'd be happy anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:18:16 AM EDT
[#15]
I love my area, just wish I lived a bit further  out of town on enough land for a range
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:21:17 AM EDT
[#16]

My stomping grounds.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:25:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm trying to figure out a way to get to London, England, UK.   My line of work would likely require me to be a citizen in order to perform my duties there, so anyone hiring menial labor?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:30:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Can I change my answer?  I'm so conflicted.....
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:36:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Mostly no. Amarillo, TX is a flat fucking piece of earth, the city itself sucks, and there really isn't much shooting sports to do around here. I liked the land around my hometown around Vernon, TX better.

Then, for the first time in my adult life (went as a kid, but don't remember much of it) I took a trip through Colorado and into Utah. All I have to say is, fucking wow. If it weren't for CO's new mag ban I'd be looking for machine shops to apply to in the future. Utah was pretty cool too, but I liked how CO had much more vegetation and public lands.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:37:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

My stomping grounds.

View Quote

Goddamn it you make me jelly when you post pics like this. I need to make a trip up there sometime.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:49:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Beautiful. What part of Oregon is that Smashy?
View Quote

Douglas County.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:09:51 AM EDT
[#23]
State? Yes, absolutely. Town? Ehh, not so much. I hope to correct that in the next year or so. Hopefully.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:24:19 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I'm right where I want to be, I'm happy in my little corner of Montana. But if I were to leave, I would go back to Nome, AK.
View Quote
Don't hear that every day

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:42:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Nope. I hate being in Louisiana.

I plan to return home to TX eventually. Well, that, and spend plenty of time in the Philippines.

But now, work is here so I am here.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:48:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Kind of. I'm happy where I am, but could always upgrade.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:50:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Medical issues and a mother in law in a nursing home keep me prisoner in the Commiewealth...
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:47:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Kind of. I'm happy where I am, but could always upgrade.
View Quote

Tunisia? I've heard it's lovely.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:49:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#30]
trying to talk the wife into KY or TN, not sure why but those 2 places have always seemed really nice to me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#31]
I live in NOVA. I like where I live, hate where I work, and would happily bail on the whole damn place in a heartbeat to live somewhere like Smashy does.

Guess it's time to buy another lottery ticket.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Mostly yes.  RIght state, need a house out of town.
View Quote

Same here. I want to live in Texas, I just want to own enough of it to shoot on.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Where I live is ok, I have lived in worse, it just isn't home. The climate is too warm for me, I like colder climates and feel very at home in them. If I could get my wife to finish her degrees we might be able to move to the mountains. I think about moving at least once a week.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#34]
I ike upstate NY, I just hate our state government, not sure I'll be here forever
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:59:15 AM EDT
[#35]
I'd rather have my land and place on a lake , but realistically speaking , I'm isolated enough and have no desire to EVER move again . EVER
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:02:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Tired of lack of seasons and price of real estate.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#37]
No I don't. I have lived here in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia off and on three times now. I got divorced here and left the Navy here and I live 5 minute drive from my kids in Hampton/ Newport News area.  

I want to live in Florida again. I lived there from age 6 until 19 and it is where I want to go back to, as does my girlfriend who is a Maine native (she hates snow and cold weather). Because of my current line of work (ship repair) I in all reality don't see us moving to Florida for many years unless I went into a totally new line of work.

What might happen in the near future is buying a house in Virginia Beach.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Used to love the small town feel of Fernley. Now we are a city run by morons. $ 70.00 water bill before you take a dump. Love Nevada though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#40]
I love it where I live.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:26:33 PM EDT
[#41]
No.No.No.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:27:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Of course, because Alaska.......

- Clint
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#43]
I am exactly where I want to be.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#44]
I grew up in Ohio.
Lived most of my adult life in Nevada.
Moved back to Ohio when I retired.

Everywhere you live, there are positives and negatives. Good and bad.
I weighed my options and decided that this is where I wanted to live.

One thing I don't like about living in the west is the distance between places. If the place you live doesn't offer what you want, you have to drive three hundred miles to get it. I like the west but it has it's drawbacks like everywhere else.

That being said, if something happened to change things here,  I could see myself moving to central Nevada or Wyoming. Probably never happen, but you never know. I do know that I am never going to live somewhere that is really hot all year  and has no change of seasons again.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:40:46 PM EDT
[#45]
I love the Adirondacks but I have NY state and the stupid people that also live here.
Soon I plan my escape... soon
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:52:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Good job, good schools for the kids, fairly conservative neighborhood (in a town with plenty of liberals to laugh at).

A little citified and far from my preferred hunting and fishing grounds, but overall I can't complain.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:38:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Katy, TX now.

8 years here, wanna go back to NWA. The winters make me miss it the most.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I voted mostly yes but would like to relocate about 65 miles SE and retire at the family cabin.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/562/medium/DSCF08721.JPG
View Quote

Beautiful, man.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm mostly happy in NOLA, but sometimes I consider moving back to either Austin or to North Central FL.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top