BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2014 10:40:35 PM EDT
When I experienced a few fight or flight situations in South Africa I
felt like time slowed down and then I was able to go through my options
and then pick the best one.  The times when this happened the incidents
only took five seconds or something short.  So I know my option
searching only take a second to go through them in my head.

One of these incidents can be read about here:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1298434_My_robbery_story__in_South_Africa_.html

During two events I went through the options in my head and picked
one, in two other events I immediately went into action drew my Spyderco
in preparation for the worse and blinded the subject with my Surefire.
That ended that incident.  

The incident can be seen here:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1479005__ARCHIVED_THREAD____There_is_a_reason_I_generally_prefer_Spyderco_Knives_Or_Why_Spyderco_and_Surefire_are_the_best.html&page=1

I don't know why but in the situation with the dogs I drew my Spyderco and lit them up with a light rather than going through options, it was almost like I knew that was the only option so I did what I could.  I suppose it is a good thing that I knew the difference between the events and knowing when to spend a bit more time to think and when to act.  

In your experience is what I explained common?

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:01:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool stories bro.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cool stories bro.
View Quote
Figured as much  

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:05:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I have found the same thing happens with me MOST of the time.

I think that it helps to play the "what if" game and constantly consider responses so your mind has them at the ready when similar incidents occur.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top