Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:57:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I honestly don't know what to think about his actions in Iraq.  I wasn't there so I can't say.

What I can judge him on, however, is how he presents himself.  And from what I've seen of him he's a complete asshat.  He associates with douchebags and seems to have quite the attitude problem.  

Most of the guys I know who've seen action and that I would consider badasses are pretty humble about it.  He's pretty much the opposite of those guys.  He would help his reputation a lot by just keeping his mouth shut and focusing on providing quality instruction.  But then I'm guessing he wouldn't get nearly as many Youtube hits.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:59:35 PM EDT
[#2]
So the buck angel of firearms instructions with a loud slobber filled cock socket basically is this.
A. not qualified to have been there in the first place.
B. a coward chick shit filled ditch diving cunt.
C. not able to write an AAR without looking worse than the mall ninja who just got done beating the shit out of an elderly person for shitting in his mall.
D. Blames everyone but himself for his fucking cowardly actions.  Refer to A.
E. Is a dyed in the wool buddy fucker.

Gets home
F. runs his cock socket a whole lot.
G. Still not qualified to guard a over filled shit house at a chili cook off.
H. snivels more than half the toddlers I've ever run across.
I. Does STUPID WINDOW LICKING shit in his classes that he is not qualified to teach...

So why do people listen to this pile of genetic slop?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:59:54 PM EDT
[#3]
No..
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:00:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Maybe he would have done what he was trying to do when he gave it gas and it wouldn't go (because it wasn't in gear and the e-brake was on).  What was he trying to do when he couldn't operate the vehicle?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
On behalf of my state, I apologize for this thread.

Still more useless bullshit...

I think this thread makes a good point....about Yeagers actions AND the derps on this forum

Maybe he would have done what he was trying to do when he gave it gas and it wouldn't go (because it wasn't in gear and the e-brake was on).  What was he trying to do when he couldn't operate the vehicle?

Possible scenario:

Hits gas.  Accelerate off the X.
Teammates from down vehicles radio his vehicle to let him know they're down.
Reverse back to non-contact side of downed armored vehicle, using it for cover.
Cross-deck to only operational vehicle while teammates provide suppressing fire.
Get off the X.

Would it happen as smoothly as I typed it out?  No.  There was a lot of confusion.  But atleast knowing they had an operational vehicle would have allowed them to go into a down vehicle drill which I'm sure they practiced rather than everybody abandoning vehicles and sitting there.  Even if they didn't do that the vehicle could have been used for Casevac after the fact rather than hanging around with their thumbs up their asses.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:01:25 PM EDT
[#5]
What if there was never another Yeager thread?
We can dream, right?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:01:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Because you didn't answer the question you derp.

All you said was he probably couldn't have done anything....then you went on to restate ALL THE SAME SHIT that we have had to read before....which is just that....complete shit...
View Quote

Yeah, my points are bullshit alright.

His actions are plain as day in the video of the ambush.  He did nothing to help his fallen teammate.  Of course you don't sound like someone who is experienced with small unit tactics or with the simple brotherhood of people entrusting you with their life, just as you entrust yours to them.

So I take it you are either JY, or your a coward just like him and believe it's ok to leave a fallen teammate in the line of fire without means to defend himself?

People like you make me fucking sick.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:02:01 PM EDT
[#7]
So is there a video that shows this ditch hiding and what not?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:04:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It is a prompt to others who may be similarly positioned.  

You chose to respond to my post . . . what does that mean?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm in no position to judge the man, so I won't.

Yet you posted... what does that mean?

That from my experience... I have a clue and can critique (a different word than criticize) the available information.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:05:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
STOP MAKING YEAGER THREADS
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:05:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is a question that Yeager probably has wrestled with for a decade now.

So....what if it had happened different???

Since he has been the topic of two other threads this week......lets go ahead and ask the question no one is.

Lets say the shooting started.....and he jammed it into gear and was in vehicular motion now in the middle of a firefight.

Now what?!?!??  

Where the fuck is he supposed to go to support the mission???  

Chase the Suburban that contained the shooters with the beltfed out the window and get sawed in half with everyone else in the car???  Haul ass to the soldiers down the road and get shot that way too???? Just plain haul ass?? There is no S.O.P for a situation that never should have existed in the first place with all three cars sitting on their asses after making their presence known to the world.

Would you still call him a coward? Of course you would! Haters gotta hate!!

Then what the fuck was he supposed to do now that he is in gear and accelerating away from the kill zone?????? If you could have controlled the car by order, where would you order him to go in that nanosecond????

View Quote

Yeager could destroy most of the people who post in GD.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:06:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't give 2 shits about Yeager but iirc even if he got the car in gear there was no where for him to go. Again, iirc, they were stopped in the first place because our military was dealing with an IED blast up ahead, just guessing but I would assume they would have thought it was an enemy and opened up on them if they got too close. Behind them was a complete traffic jam, they pulled ahead just a little so as to not be confined. It appears to have done the opposite and exposed them.

OP asks if he got the car in gear, I don't think it would have made a difference as far as being able to get out. My memory is not what it used to be so correct me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:08:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since he has been the topic of two other threads this week......lets go ahead and ask the question no one is.

Lets say the shooting started.....and he jammed it into gear and was in vehicular motion now in the middle of a firefight.

Now what?!?!??  

Chase the Suburban that contained the shooters with the beltfed out the window and get sawed in half with everyone else in the car???  Haul ass to the soldiers down the road and get shot that way too???? Just plain haul ass?? There is no S.O.P for a situation that never should have existed in the first place with all three cars sitting on their asses after making their presence known to the world.

Then what the fuck was he supposed to do now that he is in gear and accelerating away from the kill zone?????? If you could have controlled the car by order, where would you order him to go in that nanosecond????

Could you put that in context?

...as in "If it goes one inch further, I'm gonna start killing people."?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:08:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Now what?!?!??  

Probably not in a car chase.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Now what?!?!??  

So could the average rough neck from a honky-tonk bar.  That doesn't excuse them proclaiming themselves as the best tactical trainer on earth, or make me want to spend money with them.

If I want to learn how to smash a bar stool over someone's head and bite their ear off, I'll go to a honky tonk vet.  It I want to learn sound firearms training, I will go to someone who has actually done that as a professional for a good amount of time.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:10:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now what?!?!??  

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:11:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So is there a video that shows this ditch hiding and what not?
View Quote

Yes and him SCREAMING like a little girl as he runs. Then still not qualified to even assist the wounded other than running his cock socket.

Sorry that I find dual fault. Fault of the company not hammering in battle field first aide and cock socket not shutting his fucking hole long enough to learn it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:14:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Let's say you're 6 years old and you're cruising down a sidewalk trying to run over grasshoppers and then BOOM, a frog jumps out in front of you. You're so totally freaked and not sure what to say so you just scream Yeager is a wanker and then you smash the fucking frog.

That's how to turn an ambush around.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:17:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
That from my experience... I have a clue and can critique (a different word than criticize) the available information.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apparently, you aren't similarly positioned. Good for you. Be as judgmental as you care to be.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:22:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

1) Return Fire  -- Yeager did.  Contrary to the 10-15 rounds he probably expended his first mag and moved to a position where he wasn't completely exposed to an armored vehicle with a crew served weapon.  This didn't show cowardice - it showed common sense.

2) Seek cover  -- He did.

The only medical intervention you do in the middle of a firefight is putting on a tourniquet per TCCC.

I've driven on Irish close to 500 times and there's not much he could have done different given the location they were in once he jacked up putting the vehicle in gear.

The guy that fired off his weapon like a dipshit and gave away who they were was 99% responsible for the clusterfuck.  Everyone else shares the other 1%.

To answer the original question posed by the OP;  In a perfect world - he would have driven forward ~100-300m on Irish where he could have deployed and set up a base of fire on the enemy.  This is why the team designated marksman usually rides in the lead vehicle.

All that said - Yeager is still an idiot for plenty of other reasons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He probably wouldn't have been able to do anything had he gotten the vehicle in gear.  The secondary vehicle in their column was taken out in the first volley from the PKM.  IIRC it was hit in the transmission and was essentially immobilized.  As you can see in the video they were able to pull it up alongside the first vehicle, but the AAR stated it pretty much couldn't have gone any further.  The driver of the third vehicle was KIA after the first volley as well, so while JY may have been able to drive away, the other two vehicles wouldn't have been able to.

As to JY being a coward, that doesn't change a fucking thing.  He is a fucking coward.  No hate, no bias, just plain fact.

JY exited his vehicle, fired 10-15 rounds in the direction of the enemy and then left his vehicle and dove into a ditch.

He left a wounded teammate at the rear of his vehicle without any form of hard cover.  He didn't stick around to establish a base of fire, he didn't stick around to begin first aid on his fallen teammate, he didn't even attempt to get his wounded teammate to a position of better cover because said wounded teammate was immobilized.  He had no problem getting himself behind better cover though.  

JY dove into a fucking ditch leaving the rest of his detail to fend for themselves.

If you don't call that cowardice then I don't know what the fuck is.

1) Return Fire  -- Yeager did.  Contrary to the 10-15 rounds he probably expended his first mag and moved to a position where he wasn't completely exposed to an armored vehicle with a crew served weapon.  This didn't show cowardice - it showed common sense.

The only medical intervention you do in the middle of a firefight is putting on a tourniquet per TCCC.

I've driven on Irish close to 500 times and there's not much he could have done different given the location they were in once he jacked up putting the vehicle in gear.

The guy that fired off his weapon like a dipshit and gave away who they were was 99% responsible for the clusterfuck.  Everyone else shares the other 1%.

To answer the original question posed by the OP;  In a perfect world - he would have driven forward ~100-300m on Irish where he could have deployed and set up a base of fire on the enemy.  This is why the team designated marksman usually rides in the lead vehicle.

First off, that 15 round number came from the AAR.  Not from his tainted AAR that layed blame everywhere but himself, but the AAR that was compiled after thorough debriefs with all of the surviving members of his team.

He exited the vehicle, fired approximately 15 rounds over the trunk of his car and then retreated to a ditch.

As to their team lead firing his MP5 at approaching vehicles to warn them off prior to the ambush, I agree, not the best of ideas.

Going further, yes, there were limited things he could have done in the way of trauma care at that point in time.  TQ was about his only option (at least from what I've heard, I haven't seen an autopsy report nor was I there so I can't speculate to the exact mechanism of injury, all I know is the wounded teammate from his vehicle perished due to blood loss from a femoral artery bleed.)  His other options though included:

1. Staying at his vehicle (even though it was shitty cover) with the other teammate that had the beltfed and continuing firing at the vehicle that had fired upon them.  There are downsides to this of course, but it at least gets another gun firing at your attackers.  When you're trying to repel an ambush, the more fire you get in the enemies direction, the better.

2.  Grabbing his wounded teammate in any way he could and getting him either a) behind the armored vehicle that was second in the column or b) into the ditch where JY hunkered down.  That wounded teammate was damn near out of the fight according the AAR and looking at the video.  He was at the rear of the vehicle in the prone position not firing his weapon.  Unarmored sedans are notoriously poor at stopping rifle rounds.  Leaving his fallen teammate is where I have my main problem.  (This and the fact that he layed in a ditch for over two minutes not firing his weapon once, while everybody else from his detail were engaging the white SUV.)

If he had retreated to a position that offered him a vantage point of the area they were ambushed from I would have less problem.  In his own AAR he claims he fired his weapon after retreating to the ditch.  The Edinburgh AAR makes no mention of this, which is odd, considering that AAR covers which other members of the team fired their weapons at what times they did and rough estimates of ammunition that was expended.  Look at the video as well, you can clearly see he is in a position directly behind his vehicle.  The only thing he did from his ditch is pop smoke to obscure their positions (little good that does when your attackers know you're static) and then lay right back down in the ditch.

As I've stated before, the blame doesn't solely lie with JY.  Everybody from his team lead all the way up to higher level management were at fault for this.  I wouldn't even attempt to MMQB this thing if it weren't for what JY has come back to this country and done since then.  He's an idiot of epic proportions.  From retarded youtube videos to threatening to "start shooting people."  My biggest beef is that he has built a career offering training classes in "tactical response", when his basis for teaching these classes is a small amount of time at a podunk PD and an illustrious career as a PMC where he utterly failed in the "tactical response" realm.

The dude has no credentials to justify himself as a "tactical response" instructor, yet he continues to do so defrauding people who are either new to the hobby or just simply don't know any better.  The more he is outed for what he really is, the better.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:22:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh, look, another ditch boy thread!  
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:26:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Apparently, you aren't similarly positioned. Good for you. Be as judgmental as you care to be.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Critiquing is evaluating the facts available. It is not being judgmental!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:29:32 PM EDT
[#22]
The op gobbles balls
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:34:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now what?!?!??  

Meh, another yeager ball gargler.  Why is it almost always the 13ers or 14ers?

How about this 13er.  You tell us why YOU think JY is qualified to teach tactical shooting classes?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:34:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Oh, look, another ditch boy thread!  
View Quote
I have to believe that people are being motivated/paid to do this.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:36:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Does he get money for clicks on this video?

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:43:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm going to settle this shit right now.

He could have loaded the wounded and got the fuck out of the kill zone. It's more than likely they would have lived.

He did nothing but laid down in a ditch for several vital minutes that cost lives.

So, you Yeager fanboy's can put that in your scrapbook.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:43:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

First off, that 15 round number came from the AAR.  Not from his tainted AAR that layed blame everywhere but himself, but the AAR that was compiled after thorough debriefs with all of the surviving members of his team.

He exited the vehicle, fired approximately 15 rounds over the trunk of his car and then retreated to a ditch.

As to their team lead firing his MP5 at approaching vehicles to warn them off prior to the ambush, I agree, not the best of ideas.

Going further, yes, there were limited things he could have done in the way of trauma care at that point in time.  TQ was about his only option (at least from what I've heard, I haven't seen an autopsy report nor was I there so I can't speculate to the exact mechanism of injury, all I know is the wounded teammate from his vehicle perished due to blood loss from a femoral artery bleed.)  His other options though included:

1. Staying at his vehicle (even though it was shitty cover) with the other teammate that had the beltfed and continuing firing at the vehicle that had fired upon them.  There are downsides to this of course, but it at least gets another gun firing at your attackers.  When you're trying to repel an ambush, the more fire you get in the enemies direction, the better.

2.  Grabbing his wounded teammate in any way he could and getting him either a) behind the armored vehicle that was second in the column or b) into the ditch where JY hunkered down.  That wounded teammate was damn near out of the fight according the AAR and looking at the video.  He was at the rear of the vehicle in the prone position not firing his weapon.  Unarmored sedans are notoriously poor at stopping rifle rounds.  Leaving his fallen teammate is where I have my main problem.  (This and the fact that he layed in a ditch for over two minutes not firing his weapon once, while everybody else from his detail were engaging the white SUV.)

If he had retreated to a position that offered him a vantage point of the area they were ambushed from I would have less problem.  In his own AAR he claims he fired his weapon after retreating to the ditch.  The Edinburgh AAR makes no mention of this, which is odd, considering that AAR covers which other members of the team fired their weapons at what times they did and rough estimates of ammunition that was expended.  Look at the video as well, you can clearly see he is in a position directly behind his vehicle.  The only thing he did from his ditch is pop smoke to obscure their positions (little good that does when your attackers know you're static) and then lay right back down in the ditch.

As I've stated before, the blame doesn't solely lie with JY.  Everybody from his team lead all the way up to higher level management were at fault for this.  I wouldn't even attempt to MMQB this thing if it weren't for what JY has come back to this country and done since then.  He's an idiot of epic proportions.  From retarded youtube videos to threatening to "start shooting people."  My biggest beef is that he has built a career offering training classes in "tactical response", when his basis for teaching these classes is a small amount of time at a podunk PD and an illustrious career as a PMC where he utterly failed in the "tactical response" realm.

The dude has no credentials to justify himself as a "tactical response" instructor, yet he continues to do so defrauding people who are either new to the hobby or just simply don't know any better.  The more he is outed for what he really is, the better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He probably wouldn't have been able to do anything had he gotten the vehicle in gear.  The secondary vehicle in their column was taken out in the first volley from the PKM.  IIRC it was hit in the transmission and was essentially immobilized.  As you can see in the video they were able to pull it up alongside the first vehicle, but the AAR stated it pretty much couldn't have gone any further.  The driver of the third vehicle was KIA after the first volley as well, so while JY may have been able to drive away, the other two vehicles wouldn't have been able to.

As to JY being a coward, that doesn't change a fucking thing.  He is a fucking coward.  No hate, no bias, just plain fact.

JY exited his vehicle, fired 10-15 rounds in the direction of the enemy and then left his vehicle and dove into a ditch.

He left a wounded teammate at the rear of his vehicle without any form of hard cover.  He didn't stick around to establish a base of fire, he didn't stick around to begin first aid on his fallen teammate, he didn't even attempt to get his wounded teammate to a position of better cover because said wounded teammate was immobilized.  He had no problem getting himself behind better cover though.  

JY dove into a fucking ditch leaving the rest of his detail to fend for themselves.

Hey!! Good job little boy!!! After all that stupid shit you talked you FINALLY read the original post and answered the question!!! Good job little baby!!!

So basically THREE or FOUR actual ANSWERS.....INCLUDING this little girl from Ohio.....amongst two pages of derp...

My point is well made.....

1. Yeager was in an impossible situation and there was no winning regardless of what he did...
2. No matter what he did, the mommas basement ladyboys are going to armshair hate all day regardless....

AND HAHA!!! I AM JAMES YEAGER!!!!!!! FAH-QQUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(just kidding. im still not james yeager)

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:49:57 PM EDT
[#28]

It's too bad the ditch wasn't full of water.  As a douchecanoe, he would have a natural advantage.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:53:23 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Hey!! Good job little boy!!! After all that stupid shit you talked you FINALLY read the original post and answered the question!!! Good job little baby!!!

So basically THREE or FOUR actual ANSWERS.....INCLUDING this little girl from Ohio.....amongst two pages of derp...

1. Yeager was in an impossible situation and there was no winning regardless of what he did...

2. No matter what he did, the mommas basement ladyboys are going to armshair hate all day regardless....

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sorry that you have invested so much money training with an unqualified instructor.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:53:30 PM EDT
[#30]
I'd love to be sitting in my recliner with a huge bowl of my favorite popcorn, and to be able to watch each and everyone of you who seem sooooo knowledgeable in this matter go through the same exact sincero. Granted a select few will perform like fearless gladiators, but I'm willing to bet the majority will downright piss themselves! It's time to drop this and let go..........
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:57:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Well....that's a good place to start...

What was he trying to do?? Get the fuck away maybe!!!?? What would YOU have instructed him to do with all the benefit of retrospect?

Where should he have tactically maneuvered??

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
On behalf of my state, I apologize for this thread.

Still more useless bullshit...

I think this thread makes a good point....about Yeagers actions AND the derps on this forum

Well....that's a good place to start...

What was he trying to do?? Get the fuck away maybe!!!?? What would YOU have instructed him to do with all the benefit of retrospect?

Where should he have tactically maneuvered??

Back to the States, or not even go.  Might have saved a few people's lives.  Seat would have been taken by a more competent operator...if James was ever one.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote

Here you go, OP, from somebody who has BTDT and knows whereof he speaks:

Quoted:

You have seconds to make that vital first decision. no second guessing.

Yeager was sitting in a car, with the ebrake set and the car in neutral. In my opinion, he was fucked from the get go due to the wrong mindset and lack of experience. He sat there like he was at a stop light or waiting to pick up a friend from the mall. In combat.

He stalled the car, and abandoned his "post". In a situation like that, the saying is "THE DRIVER DRIVES". He made no attempt to restart his vehicle and extract their asses from the kill zone, should have been priority one.

There was no gaining fire superiority without mounted belt feds, out in the open, in soft skin cars. His actions left his entire team blocked in, sitting ducks.

People have always said it's easy to MMQB, and it is. But anyone who has been there will tell you these are things he should have been going over in his mind prior to the shooting starting, even prior to rolling out. He was out of his depth, which seems to be a common theme with him and his cronies.

I'm not trying to sway you one way or the other, I'm merely offering some insight to why some think him a coward. His initial reaction was one of cowardice, not a well rehearsed and executed battle drill we've come to expect from trained personnel. No, he didn't have the experience or training to be in that situation, but he'll be judged by the same metric as those who do.

View Quote

Direct Link

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:03:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're a fuckin clown shoe, bro.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:05:28 AM EDT
[#34]
He was doomed no matter what.

Coward or dead.  Those were his options as far as I can tell.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:07:27 AM EDT
[#35]
I think he and Cory should team up and become partners.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:08:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
All this monkey chatter and no one can give me a big boy response....
View Quote

It's like asking what would you do if your junk was longer than your pinky finger.  Since he didn't,  it doesn't matter.  . .
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:09:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

[div style='FONT-FAMILY: tahoma, arial; FONT-SIZE: 8pt']

Direct Link

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[div style='FONT-FAMILY: tahoma, arial; FONT-SIZE: 8pt']
Quoted:

You have seconds to make that vital first decision. no second guessing.
Yeager was sitting in a car, with the ebrake set and the car in neutral. In my opinion, he was fucked from the get go due to the wrong mindset and lack of experience. He sat there like he was at a stop light or waiting to pick up a friend from the mall. In combat.
He stalled the car, and abandoned his "post". In a situation like that, the saying is "THE DRIVER DRIVES". He made no attempt to restart his vehicle and extract their asses from the kill zone, should have been priority one.
There was no gaining fire superiority without mounted belt feds, out in the open, in soft skin cars. His actions left his entire team blocked in, sitting ducks.
People have always said it's easy to MMQB, and it is. But anyone who has been there will tell you these are things he should have been going over in his mind prior to the shooting starting, even prior to rolling out. He was out of his depth, which seems to be a common theme with him and his cronies.
I'm not trying to sway you one way or the other, I'm merely offering some insight to why some think him a coward. His initial reaction was one of cowardice, not a well rehearsed and executed battle drill we've come to expect from trained personnel. No, he didn't have the experience or training to be in that situation, but he'll be judged by the same metric as those who do.

Direct Link

See, I knew it was in that thhhhhhhhrrrrrnnnnnngggggg
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:10:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:11:07 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm a little late to the part but.....
" />
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:12:05 AM EDT
[#40]
The failure was not after the first bullet was fired, but well before. The series of events that led to them being stationary in the middle of a road, with no cover anywhere and a big flashing "shoot me" neon sign hovering overhead is where the real lapses in judgment happened. You guys are focusing on the wrong thing.

Same thing with Benghazi. The question is not "Why wasn't help sent" but "Why weren't there adequate security measures to prevent that kind of thing?"
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:12:05 AM EDT
[#41]
another one?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:12:50 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

He was doomed no matter what.

Coward or dead. Those were his options as far as I can tell.

View Quote

I don't agree.

Bad shit happened and continues to happen over there and other places where PSD's and contractors operate.

We know Yeager's name and face simply because he didn't know enough to shut his fucking pie-hole and refrain from slagging his team-mates.

That, and his further assholery, like the 'one-inch-further' remarks, are the only reasons we know him.

He's a relatively successful instructor, Youtube personality, and dildo salesman, all of which require one to still be alive, physically whole, and basically functional.

How, exactly, does all of that = doomed?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:23:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/hQ5OAVS.gif

It's too bad the ditch wasn't full of water.  As a douchecanoe, he would have a natural advantage.
View Quote

LULZ
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:04:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'd love to be sitting in my recliner with a huge bowl of my favorite popcorn, and to be able to watch each and everyone of you who seem sooooo knowledgeable in this matter go through the same exact sincero. Granted a select few will perform like fearless gladiators, but I'm willing to bet the majority will downright piss themselves! It's time to drop this and let go..........
View Quote

From what I'm seeing the only thing that would make a lot of these guys happy with what Yeager did is if he had been that guy running out into sniper fire to drag out his buddy who ends up getting shot as well...

Realistically speaking he followed a pretty standard SOP - still in use today - almost to the T except for forgetting to put the vehicle in gear.

Simply put, when you're ambush attacked by an armored vehicle with a crew served weapon in unarmored vehicles while in a static position you're pretty much fucked from the get go.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:10:46 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
From what I'm seeing the only thing that would make a lot of these guys happy with what Yeager did is if he had been that guy running out into sniper fire to drag out his buddy who ends up getting shot as well...

Realistically speaking he followed a pretty standard SOP - still in use today - almost to the T except for forgetting to put the vehicle in gear.

Simply put, when you're ambush attacked by an armored vehicle with a crew served weapon in unarmored vehicles while in a static position you're pretty much fucked from the get go.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have never called him a coward, or brought up the derpy ditch BS.  I will question his claims and suitability as an instructor though.  Looks like it will just be brushed of as "South America bro!" and that is that.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:19:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same. I wasn't there, who am I to judge?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:27:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The dude has no credentials to justify himself as a "tactical response" instructor, yet he continues to do so defrauding people who are either new to the hobby or just simply don't know any better.  
View Quote

Lol, you called "tactical response" a hobby. This is perfect for GD. I love you.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:40:47 AM EDT
[#48]
It's not necessarily his actions overseas that cause people to call him a coward. It's his attitude of "I'm the baddest motherfucking ultimate tactical instructor ever and you're all a bunch of fair-weather pussies if you disagree. I've been in engagements on 20 continents and I'm going to shoot people if another gun law gets passed."

He parades himself around as Billy Bad-ass based on his private contracting experience, experience which was him fucking up under pressure and hiding in a ditch while leaving his buddies behind. People wouldn't get on his shit so bad if he wasn't such a volatile person in general.

ETA : He's a self-serving asshole who creates drama in order to get more attention. He also surrounds himself with and supports assholes (Valor Thieves, Former Felons who burn people's products, etc.) that have his same attitude.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:42:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
James Yeager never should have been there in the first place.
View Quote

This. He had zero background in the military and/or the tactics and skills involved to be an asset in a combat zone. He was a liability that was relying on luck to keep his lack of proper experience from surfacing. In the end, it got people killed.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:48:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Now what?!?!??  

View Quote

You Jammed it into first.

I don't think it would have changed anything. Even though you are supposed to  "get off the X" in an ambush. I suppose it would have been worse.
I am not going to judge the guy.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top