BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:43:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We had live HD feeds with full surround sound in '03...
View Quote

Exactly...Bush knew how to make shock and awe look good, and get the country to rally around it.  Obama is trying to figure out how to pussy foot around this just enough to boost his approval rating and maybe win an extra seat or two in the mid terms.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This just in from FOX: Special forces call runners "squirters". I'm special forces now
View Quote

That pilot was not guilty
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:44:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Exactly...Bush knew how to make shock and awe look good, and get the country to rally around it.  Obama is trying to figure out how to pussy foot around this just enough to boost his approval rating and maybe win an extra seat or two in the mid terms.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If Bush was running this show, we'd be invading some completely unrelated country like Iceland right now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:44:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ownage must be unedited, noob.  Choke yourself.

To the subject at hand.  The world needs more glass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone on the USS George H.W. Bush reading?  I'll send you a nice fat check if you switch a conventional for a nuke.

ETA: I own 6 mutha fuckas

Ownage must be unedited, noob.  Choke yourself.

To the subject at hand.  The world needs more glass.

And just how the fucks am I to know when 6 is coming up.  I own it, whether it's cheating or not.  I don't give a fucks!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:45:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

not sure if this is legit

http://youtu.be/JTr2nFxIFH4
View Quote

Nope, old video.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:45:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Good question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait...is this the same Syria where we were sending weapons and money to arm rebels?

Good question.

That was the Free Syrian Army, who consider ISIL an opponent, even though they are mostly Sunni.
You can't unscramble eggs.
I think we are just reacting for reactions sake, or better poll numbers before the election.

They are a part of the National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces. The Coalition was officially granted diplomatic status by the U.S. and given recognition as the sole legitimate representatives of the Syrian people last May.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Coalition_for_Syrian_Revolutionary_and_Opposition_Forces

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:46:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Ft Carson on lockdown

FOX stated law enforcement only allowed entry...nothing further
View Quote

Sounds like active shooter incident.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/fort-carson-locked-down-after-shooting

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:47:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Bombing Syria?

That's a target rich environment.  Even the bombs or missiles that miss their intended targets will hit someone who hates us.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:48:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The opposition is far from uniform theologically and ideologically.  That some parts have ties with the MB is unsurprising; that the whole of the opposition is part and parcel with the MB would be surprising and is most unlikely.  The problem is that we're getting involved too late to really help develop and effective and politically acceptable opposition.  Those that would be best to overthrow Assad have been battered from all sides.  They may well be among the weakest factions opposing Assad these days.  The problem of Assad being in power remains, and he does need to go, and such would be in our interests.
View Quote

Maybe, but I think it was a myth and wishful thinking that the secular FSA ever had that much sway.  It would be Egypt 2.0 if they took over.  What we have now is a tired and broken Ba'athist regime that poses much less of a threat than anything else in the conflict.  Even John Bolton of all people said leave him in place in order to tackle bigger problems.

Hell, I would be willing to bet that at this point there is some tacit agreement with these airstrikes for the time being.  We can deal with Assad later.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:48:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not sure if serious
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
not sure if this is legit

http://youtu.be/JTr2nFxIFH4

Not sure if serious

Ive seen this episode.

Along time ago.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:52:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wait...is this the same Syria where we were sending weapons and money to arm rebels?
View Quote

What is the difference between Rebels and Insurgents ?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:54:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Passports

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:55:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Amateur video on Fox currently
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:55:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Rebels tend to be insurgents you like.  ...so are Freedom Fighters. But that's so 80's now.  Revolutionaries target foreign governments you don't like, terrorist target yours, or those you do like.  

It get's confusing.  It's propaganda speak.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:56:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:57:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Bombing Syria?

That's a target rich environment.  Even the bombs or missiles that miss their intended targets will hit someone who hates us.  
View Quote

That about the only good thing that could come from it.

Notice that no Brit or French aircraft are taking part.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:59:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Ft Carson traffic flowing again.  Now sounds like shots were fired, but no active shooter.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:00:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bombing Syria?

Didn't the French start this party a day or two ago?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:00:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Rebels are insurgents you like.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought that was a freedom fighter
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:00:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If Bush was running this show, we'd be invading some completely unrelated country like Iceland right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair point, but we'd have blown the shit out of them and left now question at all about our abilities.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:00:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Gas prices will be up in less than 24 hours.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:01:01 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Looks like that was a turbine engine of some sort, perhaps from said cruise missiles.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:01:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Gas prices will be up in less than 24 hours.
View Quote

Glad I filled up today
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:02:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:02:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:06:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's so 80's.

After Osama we don't use that term much anymore, well except for McCain, but he's senile.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:07:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Maybe, but I think it was a myth and wishful thinking that the secular FSA ever had that much sway.  It would be Egypt 2.0 if they took over.  What we have now is a tired and broken Ba'athist regime that poses much less of a threat than anything else in the conflict.  Even John Bolton of all people said leave him in place in order to tackle bigger problems.

Hell, I would be willing to bet that at this point there is some tacit agreement with these airstrikes for the time being.  We can deal with Assad later.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The opposition is far from uniform theologically and ideologically.  That some parts have ties with the MB is unsurprising; that the whole of the opposition is part and parcel with the MB would be surprising and is most unlikely.  The problem is that we're getting involved too late to really help develop and effective and politically acceptable opposition.  Those that would be best to overthrow Assad have been battered from all sides.  They may well be among the weakest factions opposing Assad these days.  The problem of Assad being in power remains, and he does need to go, and such would be in our interests.

I'm not claiming they were ever a very powerful group, but that is why we needed to get involved.  They are certainly far weaker now than they were originally.  Same with other more moderate rebel groups (including some that were, interestingly, religiously mixed).  Doing nothing ensured they would never have as much sway as we'd like.  

For now certainly the focus should be on ISIS, with Syria only being attacked if it decides to oppose us, but once ISIS has been dealt with sufficiently, we are going to have to make a decision regarding Assad, and leaving his regime in power is not an acceptable policy.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:08:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:12:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
reminiscent of Clinton.....
View Quote

My thoughts exactly.  Is Obama having a Bimbo eruption?  I thought he was gay.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:13:17 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I'm not claiming they were ever a very powerful group, but that is why we needed to get involved.  They are certainly far weaker now than they were originally.  Same with other more moderate rebel groups (including some that were, interestingly, religiously mixed).  Doing nothing ensured they would never have as much sway as we'd like.  

For now certainly the focus should be on ISIS, with Syria only being attacked if it decides to oppose us, but once ISIS has been dealt with sufficiently, we are going to have to make a decision regarding Assad, and leaving his regime in power is not an acceptable policy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why? (I'm not being sarcastic)

He's a westernized suite wearing tyrant with a fairly attractive wife.  But looking around the region, what are the alternatives?

Our track record social engineering the region is fairly shitty.  Why not let Syrians resolve Syria?  
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:17:54 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So eerily reminiscent of Clinton - and we know what happened after his actions...

I really worry by airstrikes we're doing nothing more than emboldening our enemies.

This requires more action than a half assed attempt at poking a beesnest.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:20:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

F-16s, F-18s, B-1s, F-22's, Predators, Tomahawks.

This sounds like no small operation.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:23:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm not ruling out anything anymore. Ain't nothing you can do at this point but joke about it and hope that the bombs don't actually end up being exchanged. The fact of the matter is, if the US and russia get to scrapping, I'm probably going to die. I don't have the financial means to build a doomsday ICBM proof bunker. Any amount of prepping I can do for this occasion will be nothing more than a comfort to circle jerk over while I eat a MIRV.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In this situation you cannot rule out all out war. Russian has interest that they will protect in Syria.
What ever the US is doing they've counted the risk and have decided to move forward.  
I'm not ruling out anything anymore. Ain't nothing you can do at this point but joke about it and hope that the bombs don't actually end up being exchanged. The fact of the matter is, if the US and russia get to scrapping, I'm probably going to die. I don't have the financial means to build a doomsday ICBM proof bunker. Any amount of prepping I can do for this occasion will be nothing more than a comfort to circle jerk over while I eat a MIRV.

Well you might die. Not a big deal to the Muslim in the white hut. He has a big assed shelter, for him and his crotch fruit.
Just shut up and die. Oh, pick up that can first!

A Fucking joke is leading this country now.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:24:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

He's a westernized suite wearing tyrant with a fairly attractive wife.  But looking around the region, what are the alternatives?

Our track record social engineering the region is fairly shitty.  Why not let Syrians resolve Syria?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

^^^^Why? +1
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:29:10 AM EDT
[#35]

Just saw some more pics of this on twitter, hopefully not true.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:33:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Finally
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:40:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:49:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Fuck Turkey, on the wrong side of history yet again.

Riots on Turkey's border with Syria as up to 200,000 Kurds are blocked from fleeing Isis onslaught

Turkey won't attack ISIS but they will attack Kurd civilians.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/22/1411402300774_wps_2_Riot_police_use_teargas_t.jpg]
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/22/1411402371812_Image_galleryImage_A_Kurdish_woman_runs_away.JPG

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2764819/100-000-Syrians-flee-Isis-onslaught-terrorist-group-targets-innocents-stolen-tanks-artillery-rocket-launchers.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Fuck Turkey, on the wrong side of history yet again.

Riots on Turkey's border with Syria as up to 200,000 Kurds are blocked from fleeing Isis onslaught

Riots have broken out between Kurds and Turkish security forces as the number of Syrians who have flooded into Turkey to escape Isis militants has reportedly reached 200,000,

Clashes broke out as Kurds trying to approach the crossing from inside Turkey to take part in solidarity demonstrations with Syrians fought with security forces, who responded with tear gas, paint pellets and water cannons.

Turkey won't attack ISIS but they will attack Kurd civilians.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/22/1411402300774_wps_2_Riot_police_use_teargas_t.jpg]
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/22/1411402371812_Image_galleryImage_A_Kurdish_woman_runs_away.JPG

The IS was bombarding villagers with tanks, artillery and multiple rocket launchers, said Nasser Haj Mansour, a defence official in Syria's Kurdish region.

'They are even targeting civilians who are fleeing,' He said.

Speaking of his decision to flee, Sahab Basravi said: 'When the Daesh (IS) attacked Ain al-Arab, we were frightened. They said in the mosques that they could kill all Kurds between seven and 77 years old. So we collected our things and left, immediately.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2764819/100-000-Syrians-flee-Isis-onslaught-terrorist-group-targets-innocents-stolen-tanks-artillery-rocket-launchers.html

Kurds are who we should be giving arms to.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:52:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

probably some of Syria's stuff.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:54:17 AM EDT
[#40]
October surprise a week early this cycle it seems.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:56:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Read on WSJ that F-22s are being used for some of the attacks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:57:47 AM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:03:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:10:01 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Operation Everyone Look At Me
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:17:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Just spent a few minutes watching CNN coverage. Their presentation layer is about what "The Americans" are doing; what "The American" plan is, etc...

No mention of our Nobel Prize winner during this coverage.

huh.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:17:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Good.  I like knowing my tax dollars are doing something important.  o_0
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:27:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Would make more sense to be bombing them in Iraq since that's who's losing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:33:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's why we aren't doing that.

Assad has to think America is schizophrenic.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:40:23 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

ISIS/ISIL headquarters is in Raqqa, Syria

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:42:15 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

technically we shouldve done this to the taliban in Waziristan.

Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top