[#2]
30 rounds
55 gr m193
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#3]
30 round mag
20 rounds in mag
Mag in Carbine

If I cannot get it done with 20 rounds ..... something is seriously wrong.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#4]
28 rounds of 62gr Federal Fusion.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#5]
30, 55gr Gold Dots.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Who makes your stock.... or pistol buffer tube cover?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
BETA MAG or go home
View Quote

Umm.. the is a HD Gun, you should already be at home...
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:08:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
to the guys voting >40, out of curiosity what kind of scenariofantasy are you preparing for?
View Quote

Most people will never have a scenario that will require more than one magazine, but most people will never have 60 illegals on their back porch like I have.  I have a 40 rounder on the rifle and ten 30 round magazines ready to go in a bag.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:11:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Does SBR change the legal limit to > 30?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Standard capacity. 30. Not allowed any more than that in my state (no SBR stamp yet ) , but I do have a backup mag.

Does SBR change the legal limit to > 30?

Does not apply to NFA firearms. Tacked at the top of the Ohio HTF:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_12/318417_Ohio_s_magazine_limit.html

ETA: And would have been fully fixed already, if it wasn't for BS anti-gun lobbyists like the OSHP and the FOP
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#10]
One 25 round magazine of 110gr Sierra Pro Hunter 6.8 SPC in my HD carbine with four more magazines on the night stand.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:14:22 PM EDT
[#11]
2 20s loaded with XM193
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:17:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thordsden Customs for the sleeve and CAA for the cheek weld. Awesome snug fit

Quoted:

Hey! That looks familiar!

It should look as familiar as the AR in your avatar
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:18:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
to the guys voting >40, out of curiosity what kind of scenariofantasy are you preparing for?
View Quote

Z-Poc, Mutant Zombie Bikers & Russian Paratroopers
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Whats up with the poll?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:22:56 PM EDT
[#15]
30 rds. mk262 mod1

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:24:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I voted 30 rounds, but in reality I load 27 rounds (GI mag)....so I know for certain that the mag will easily insert on a closed bolt. It gets a little tight on a closed bolt with 28+ rounds on a GI mag.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:27:26 PM EDT
[#18]

I would not trust that mag for HD
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:35:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did not vote but, it is better to have them and not need them then the other way and,

read this

This was drilled into us back in the day at the Academy.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Did not vote but, it is better to have them and not need them then the other way and,

read this

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

read this

But when does the magazine you are using interfere with the weapons ability to be relied on as deadnuts reliable? There is no way that I am gonna trust a beta mag or a surefire mag on my go to HD weapon. If that psycho POS in Colorado would have packed pmags instead of a beta mag, the aftermath would have been much uglier.

It's not that hard to grab a couple spare mags and put them in your back pocket when you grab your rifle.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#21]
I figure that a couple mags clipped together would be ideal, considering that the only time that I'll ever need to use the HD gun for HD will be at 0200, in the dark, while I'm buck-naked.  Not much time to put on pants and my anus doesn't open wide enough to fit a PMAG for backup.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I figure that a couple mags clipped together would be ideal, considering that the only time that I'll ever need to use the HD gun for HD will be at 0200, in the dark, while I'm buck-naked.  Not much time to put on pants and my anus doesn't open wide enough to fit a PMAG for backup.
View Quote

I would hope not.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I would hope not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would hope not.

Maybe with some more practice, but right now it just ends in a bloody ass.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:45:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would hope not.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Colt 6450 with the Sopmod stock, BFG sling and tritium sights I like.

Mags are 5 Colt originals to keep her running smooth.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:47:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i254/TecRsq/My%20Firearms/DSCN0488-1_zps0jsqiprr.jpg

View Quote

That is cool. Any reason why you chose 9 over 5.56 for HD?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

But when does the magazine you are using interfere with the weapons ability to be relied on as deadnuts reliable? There is no way that I am gonna trust a beta mag or a surefire mag on my go to HD weapon. If that psycho POS in Colorado would have packed pmags instead of a beta mag, the aftermath would have been much uglier.

It's not that hard to pick a couple spare mags and put them in your back pocket when you grab your rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

read this

It's not that hard to pick a couple spare mags and put them in your back pocket when you grab your rifle.

I'd imagine It is pretty damn hard to focus on putting a mag in a gun when people are shooting at you. Do a search on home invasions. Plenty of cases of 4 or more armed guys  doing them on a daily basis. the Walls in most houses aint cover they are concealment BTW.  Where are you gonna do your mag change with no cover? Overwhelming firepower is good. Very good. I'd use surefire 60s if they ever get reliable enough, but I have had a few minor problems. I have one stuck in an AR right now. quality 40 round mags are plenty reliable.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i254/TecRsq/My%20Firearms/DSCN0488-1_zps0jsqiprr.jpg

I am going to guess it has something to do with ammo commonality with his carry pistol and maybe a bit more friendly for the wife/gf to handle.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It was more of a bad joke. The magazine has some issues for sure. I bought it at normal price during the panic. My HD gun is a CZ SP01 with tlr1s in a FAS1 safe attached to the bed frame. I have to keep my guns secure with 3 and 6 year old boys in the house.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'd imagine It is pretty damn hard to focus on putting a mag in a gun when people are shooting at you. Do a search on home invasions. Plenty of cases of 4 or more armed guys  doing them on a daily basis. the Walls in most houses aint cover they are concealment BTW.  Where are you gonna do your mag change with no cover? Overwhelming firepower is good. Very good. I'd use surefire 60s if they ever get reliable enough, but I have had a few minor problems. I have one stuck in an AR right now. quality 40 round mags are plenty reliable.
View Quote

I can't say I've ever had to reload an AR-15 while under fire, but I think I'd rather take my chances with pmags (or GI mags with Magpul followers) over a beta mag or a surefire.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I can't say I've ever had to reload an AR-15 while under fire, but I think I'd rather take my chances with pmags (or GI mags with Magpul followers) over a beta mag or a surefire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My Beta has been flawless but I agree.  I'd rather take the 30 round mag.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:58:28 PM EDT
[#32]
None of the above, 28 rounds of 55gr TSX loaded in all mags.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:01:18 PM EDT
[#33]
60 rounds on two jungle taped 30s loaded with 77gr SMKs. Not the best, but I don't have one of those redimag things.

180 more on a plate carrier under the bed. Still another 280 rounds on bandoliers in the closet. For a grand total of 520 rounds
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:08:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
60 rounds on two jungle taped 30s loaded with 77gr SMKs. Not the best, but I don't have one of those redimag things.

180 more on a plate carrier under the bed. Still another 280 rounds on bandoliers in the closet. For a grand total of 520 rounds
View Quote

I pity the fool that shows up at your doorstep looking for a shootout.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't argue with you there. 10 years ago I'd be saying 40s were crap and Plastic mags are crap too. all Plastic mags not made in austria and sticking out of an AUG  or glock would be hated on.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#36]
30 in the rifle. Hanging with it is an ALICE harness with another 6 loaded magazines.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#37]
30 rd Gen 2 Window PMAG loaded with 62 gr Federal Fusion.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:54:31 PM EDT
[#38]
30 rounds of Federal Fusion.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:54:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey! That looks familiar!

Thanks for the info... did you ever hear back from the atf?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:11:20 AM EDT
[#40]
10 rounds, if I run out I grab my other AR, if I run out of THAT I'll grab my PTR91, If I am still fighting after that, maybe god is just telling me that I fucked.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:43:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:45:53 AM EDT
[#42]
40 in a 40 round Pmag.
Other loaded mags nearby.
Also 20 round mag in the Beretta.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:56:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I voted "30", but I actually keep a metal 20 in the pistol and a PMAG 30 in the carbine. It just depends on which one's out of the safe.

Ammo is usually M193's and M855's staggered at 2:1. There's better choices I guess, but that'll more than do the job.
View Quote

Out of curiosity, why stagger two types of ammo?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:04:52 AM EDT
[#44]
25 here, which is a full mag.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:22:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
20 in the mag well with a couple 30s within arms distance.
View Quote

Same for me. 20 round with MK262, a couple mags with Hornady NATO 75gr TAP and 2-30 round mags of XM193. 400 XM193 on stripper clips.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:27:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Same here. Also how I carry it on duty.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
20 in the mag well with a couple 30s within arms distance.

Same here. Also how I carry it on duty.

Are the 20's just because they're slightly easier to handle?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:30:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I voted "30", but I actually keep a metal 20 in the pistol and a PMAG 30 in the carbine. It just depends on which one's out of the safe.

Ammo is usually M193's and M855's staggered at 2:1. There's better choices I guess, but that'll more than do the job.

Differing levels of penetration and expansion out of one indiscriminate mag dump?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:35:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Two.
Just in case the first round is a misfire.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:37:18 AM EDT
[#50]

That how I do it, but full 60.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top