User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Big, fat, gleaming pearl of wisdom there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I'll just stick to avoiding acts or behaviors that would potentially put me in prison.

What about the act of non compliance? What then?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I talked to a guy who was a prison guard and he more or less said the same thing.  He said the sex offenders were usually segregated and kept out of gen pop though.  I don't know if that's specific to his location or if that's the case everywhere.
View Quote

I was told the same thing by an ex Texas prison guard and by two guys that did several years in a Texas prison.
Prison sex and rape do occur but from what I have been told prison rape is directed at effeminate homo types.
Most guys just want to do the time and stay out of trouble.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:47:14 PM EDT
[#3]
That was an interesting article. The prison culture has always been fascinating to me, that said I wouldn't ever want to be in there. I'm fine with reading about it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:57:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

5  people have been released from over 5-25 years in prison in Oklahoma after being fraudently convicted in Tulsa County on jaded testimony and pure fraud committed by the DA and his office or TPD officers.

3 of them were completely innocent. the last one was released 2 weeks ago after spending over 20 in prison over the murder of her child that the DA knew of evidence that would have proved her innocence and never released that evidence.

the judge was not happy. the DA is retiring in a few months and word on the street is that the Feds are investigating numerous other issues with convictions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No one "accidentally" gets thrown in jail.  Almost every one "Earns" his way in.

5  people have been released from over 5-25 years in prison in Oklahoma after being fraudently convicted in Tulsa County on jaded testimony and pure fraud committed by the DA and his office or TPD officers.

3 of them were completely innocent. the last one was released 2 weeks ago after spending over 20 in prison over the murder of her child that the DA knew of evidence that would have proved her innocence and never released that evidence.

the judge was not happy. the DA is retiring in a few months and word on the street is that the Feds are investigating numerous other issues with convictions.

I was not happy when said DA's protégé won the election either. the whole office needed a change.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:05:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I was not happy when said DA's protégé won the election either. the whole office needed a change.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No one "accidentally" gets thrown in jail.  Almost every one "Earns" his way in.

I hope Harris gets a Grand Jury. the entire office wreaks of illegal convictions.

did you read about the evidence hearing on that last case, Harris stood up and said their evidence will not stand scrutiny and the judge slammed the gavel, looked at the poor defendant and said "you are free to go" and she asked him for how long and he replied " forever, you are innocent". 20 years of her life... labeled as a child killer in an Oklahoma Prison. damn.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:25:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yet people are continually found innocent of crimes and released after years and years in time in prison for crimes they didn't commit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet people are continually found innocent of crimes and released after years and years in time in prison for crimes they didn't commit.

There is a thread here in GD about a NY detective who framed an unknown number if people for murder.  Several have been exonerated already.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:04:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"Some truly look like women, and as a consequence they are well taken care of by their admirers. Others just look like men with breast implants. There was one called Grandma who was quite a fright, but apparently had customers anyway, because his dentures came out."

View Quote

My mom's mom always said she could give better head b/c her teeth came out. I was almost 13 before I figured it out.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:18:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yep. I am not afraid to go back. (no buttsecks for me). As a touring musician in my other
life I got to experience the hospitality of a few (three) lockups.

It's mostly just boring, but I would never get bored enough to play for the other team.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's pretty much what a guy told me the second time I was in jail.

Yep. I am not afraid to go back. (no buttsecks for me). As a touring musician in my other
life I got to experience the hospitality of a few (three) lockups.

It's mostly just boring, but I would never get bored enough to play for the other team.

The second week in, I felt his wave wash over me. "Holy shit, I can survive in jail on the Mexican border. I can survive anything!"
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:32:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I hope Harris gets a Grand Jury. the entire office wreaks of illegal convictions.

did you read about the evidence hearing on that last case, Harris stood up and said their evidence will not stand scrutiny and the judge slammed the gavel, looked at the poor defendant and said "you are free to go" and she asked him for how long and he replied " forever, you are innocent". 20 years of her life... labeled as a child killer in an Oklahoma Prison. damn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It would be fitting if she she spent her "retirement" in prison

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:43:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Is that aluminum foil?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:59:19 AM EDT
[#12]

the tin mans fifi?!?!?!

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:06:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I'll just stick to avoiding acts or behaviors that would potentially put me in prison.

Statistically, Americans average three felonies daily.  Good luck with that "pearl of wisdom".
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:15:35 AM EDT
[#14]

I was wondering the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:30:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:37:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:52:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:23:42 AM EDT
[#18]
In my entire time in EMS I've only transported one prisoner to the hospital for repair after a rape.  Neither he nor the guard said anything about it on the ride and it was none of my business how it happened; he was an average sized black guy, not an effeminate little bitch, and he didn't come across as being gay so I imagine he pissed someone off.  He seemed pretty traumatized by it and I don't mean just the physical injuries.  With a few exceptions, nobody deserves that.    
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:31:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 3:05:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:02:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top