Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/22/2014 7:10:10 AM EDT

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick

Rev. Al Sharpton is strangely silent on the use of the "N-word" in this case.

The 49ers quarterback was responsible for four turnovers in the team's loss, but it was a curious flag that has also drawn attention.

After throwing an interception that set up a Bears touchdown, Kaepernick allegedly used a racial slur, according to the refs.

Kaepernick was fined more than $11k for the alleged slur, but denied saying anything.
View Quote

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/colin-kaepernick-49ers-refs-racial-slur-bears-loss-fine-092114
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:12:51 AM EDT
[#1]
is it racial slur if they are both black?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:17:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The NAACP is says you can't use it, your career should be ruined if you do, and you should lose your businesses (AKA Donald Sterling syndrome).

Thousands gathered in Detroit, Michigan to participate in the NAACP’s funeral and burial for the “N” word.

NAACP Chairman Julian Bond, Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, hip-hop legend Curtis Blow and R & B legend Eddie Levert led the procession today from COBO Hall to Hart (Freedom) Plaza. The burial was a part of the 9th Annual Convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

http://www.naacp.org/press/entry/the--n--word-is-laid-to-rest-by-the-naacp
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:21:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Take the pads off and give them flags at this point.  NFL football has turned into an arena for PC non hitting puffs.

The hitting penalties have gotten beyond ridiculous.  The PC crap is equally outrageous.  It's a violent game played by large men with lots of testosterone.  I don't know why the NFL is trying to play to the skinny jean crowd
but it's pure faggotry.

If your feelings get hurt by a racial or sexual word/phrase you need to harden the fuck up.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:24:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The NAACP is says you can't use it, your career should be ruined if you do, and you should lose your businesses (AKA Donald Sterling syndrome).
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thousands gathered in Detroit, Michigan to participate in the NAACP’s funeral and burial for the "N” word.

NAACP Chairman Julian Bond, Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, hip-hop legend Curtis Blow and R & B legend Eddie Levert led the procession today from COBO Hall to Hart (Freedom) Plaza. The burial was a part of the 9th Annual Convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

Rappers and hip-hop "artists" must have missed that memo
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:25:29 AM EDT
[#5]
49ers lost again?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:28:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Take the pads off and give them flags at this point.  NFL football has turned into an arena for PC non hitting puffs.

The hitting penalties have gotten beyond ridiculous.  The PC crap is equally outrageous.  It's a violent game played by large men with lots of testosterone. I don't know why the NFL is trying to play to the skinny jean crowd
but it's pure faggotry.

If your feelings get hurt by a racial or sexual word/phrase you need to harden the fuck up.  
View Quote

Money.

Liberals have nothing better to do than to attack anything that doesn't conform to 'their' standards. If attacking the NFL directly won't work they will attack the sponsors. Once the sponsors start pulling out because of it all bets are off. The NFL doesn't give a shit about these people, they only care about the damage they can do to their bottom line, and because of that they will kowtow to them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:28:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't know anything about football and don't care.

Is there a list of words that are considered racial slurs or is just "That" word the only one they can't say?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:30:01 AM EDT
[#8]
The nfl is a non profit org, though.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:32:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

YES.  If we are to be treated equally (that's what they say they want, right?) then no special rules, for anybody.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:33:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The hitting penalties have gotten beyond ridiculous.  The PC crap is equally outrageous.  It's a violent game played by large men with lots of testosterone.  I don't know why the NFL is trying to play to the skinny jean crowd
but it's pure faggotry.

View Quote

But it IS NFL Hispanic Heritage month!
Still waiting for NFL Asian Heritage month, and Transgendered, Handicapable Persons month!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:35:21 AM EDT
[#11]
That's thier word. Punishment is not applicable.

Also, was it spelt with an "er" or an "a"?
That makes all the difference.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:36:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Should have flagged him for being a dirty inky.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:37:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Still waiting for NFL Asian Heritage month, and Transgendered, Handicapable Persons month!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

but it's pure faggotry.

They made a special point of hiring three "domestic abuse consultants" after Peterson beat his wife...FFS

Suspend him, make a public statement that beating your wife is bad, and let the courts sort it out.

Hiring someone to make the soccer moms feel better makes me want to vomit.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:37:23 AM EDT
[#14]
The sea of pink last October was ridiculous.  

Gr
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:40:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Is he even black?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:40:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Gr
View Quote

You'll see it again this year.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:42:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gr

NFL says they're scaling it back from last year.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:44:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Imagine how 'in check" our country would be if the media focused on other people and groups as they do the NFL.

How friggin' pathetic.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:49:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gr

Even more so at the highschool level.
Then they try to shame you into buying pink gear for the occasion.
Told mine to wear brown socks and armbands in support of colon cancer.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:59:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Gr
View Quote

probably the worst thing I have ever seen in my life in the NFL and I'm a Cowboys fan.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:00:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

probably the worst thing I have ever seen in my life in the NFL and I'm a Cowboys fan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gr

What did I miss?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:22:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Is he even black?
View Quote

His father is black and his mother is white. I think the father left before he was born. The mother put him up for adoption. A white family adopted him.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:31:48 AM EDT
[#23]
As much as I think it's a stupid flag, and a stupid rule, I also think it's funny that it was Cameldick that was first
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:32:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gr

Yeah, think I saw something about lessening the pink, and upping the camouflage.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:36:39 AM EDT
[#25]
jesus fuck what a joke

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:39:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Who cares? The NFL sucks now. It's almost flag football. The only reason I care about any of it anymore is because it gives me a chance to talk shit to other players in the fantasy football league which ironically I can say anything I want without getting fined.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:39:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Evidently the only person on the field who heard it was the ref. Nobody else, including the guy he supposedly said it to on the Bears.

I wouldn't put it past the NFL to "make an example" of somebody to show how PC they are. "Eh, they're gonna lose anyway and he's mad. Let's tag him."
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:41:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yeah, think I saw something about lessening the pink, and upping the camouflage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gr

yeah...i wonder what charities the money will go to in November with all the camo sales.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:56:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Dude looks like an alien, or that his facial features never spread out to meet the growing size of his face as he got older.  Eyes way too close together.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:56:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is he even black?
View Quote

He's snack bar...

Not that I care as long as he wins football games and doesn't hurt children or import suicide bombers.....I don't care if he's checkered pink and baby blue
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:12:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thousands gathered in Detroit, Michigan to participate in the NAACP’s funeral and burial for the “N” word.

NAACP is racist. Refer to a black person as "colored" in public and see what kind of reaction you get.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:27:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

but it's pure faggotry.

View Quote

^^Thank you, says it all.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:32:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

He's snack bar...

Not that I care as long as he wins football games and doesn't hurt children or import suicide bombers.....I don't care if he's checkered pink and baby blue
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is he even black?

He's snack bar...

Lol, he's an oreo. Not a snack bar.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#34]
He's dark skinned, so it's okay to call another black person a "nigger" even if it's in a derogatory/insulting manner.

But fucking God save you, if you're White. All hell will break loose.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:46:30 AM EDT
[#35]
But his grandmother is Dutch.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:53:02 AM EDT
[#36]
NFL's image is junk right now
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:17:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
But his grandmother is Dutch.
View Quote

No No No,

He is Irish......

if Obama had a son.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:43:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

NFL's choice. As soon as they started doing the 'we care about social issues' PR route instead of football, they were doomed.

Now every malcontent group is going to project their cause onto the NFL.

NFL And Athlete Ally Debut Gay Pride T-Shirt Line Featuring Football Stars

http://m.nflshop.com/San_Diego_Chargers_Helmets/Riddell_NFL_Pink_Breast_Cancer_Awareness_Mini_Speed_Helmet

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:46:24 AM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Ok get ready *lol*

First of all Colin Kaepernick has a body that was chiseled and sent by the Gods...His face, well, anyway but that body though *lol*.. Now that we have that out of the way

Why does the NAACP have a fucking thing to do with the NFL in the fist place.  It is insane...The National Association for the Advancement of Crooks and Pimps has a whole bunch of other shit they should be dealing with.  The NFL isn't one of them.  God between them and NOW why do we even have football anymore?  The pandering to each little group is really starting to piss me off.. The whole story about Ray Race would have never gotten legs if it wasn't for the pandering to women. Look, women get beat up every single day and no one says a damn thing..But because a football player does it, Stop the Presses...FOH (I digress). Same thing with the Redskins, and the list goes on and on.  As a woman, I don't wanna be all on the sidelines and in the locker room and shit.  I just wanna sit at home and have a cocktail and yell at the screen in peace. The damn shit is annoying...

Next, for all of you who say that this is a silly rule, you are correct as I stated above.  But let's not get too crazy.  The N word is not an ok word.  Should you get fined?  Nope..Should you get your ass kicked?  Depends.  And context is everything.  So when you say things like words don't matter, well that just isn't true. That being said, if I hear the N word in a song, I am not as ready to whip some ass as if someone calls me that at my local grocery store..Make sense??

Words have a way of cutting you deep and can be quite hurtful if used in the right way...Let me give you some examples...I remember as a kid, when I got in trouble my parents would do this whole psychological warfare shit *lol*.  Instead of spanking me, they would have these long talks and it would literally make me feel like shit.  Sometimes, I just wished for the spanking because it was quick and the pain would go away, but damn their words really hurt.  "We are disappointed in you"..Damn it still makes me cringe.  So that is why I am saying words are pretty powerful...  If you don't think words sting and hurt, let some girl you meet and take home tell you that you have small dick.  You might laugh it off at first but you are gonna think damn that bitch hurt my feelings a little *lol*.  Or let your wife say something in front of your friends to embarrass you, or do anything to hurt your pride.  It would totally suck.. Let someone talk about your kid, or your wife, or your Mom?!! (Those are fighting words for me)

Al that being said, words have a way of slicing deep.  The N word is no different.  Have I said it? Yep...Have you?  I am sure you have.  Again context is everything, and just like I have said Bitch or Cu*t and a whole host of other icky words in my life, if I am playing around with my friends it is one thing.  If I am trying to hurt someone it's another.

You can't fine people for being ignorant and stupid, it wont change anything and its probably gonna make Colin say it more just covert now...Now he will say things like "Ninja" or whatever.  His race has no bearing on this at all..

You wanna know how to get people to stop saying the N word?  Teach your kids..Teach your kids it is an ugly word..Don't worry about what Lil Wayne and Pusha-T are doing.  You can't do anything about them. You aren't them.. And to use the excuse that rappers say it so it must be ok, go listen to a rap song that they don't play on the radio and tell me, even if the N word was never spoken again, do you want you kids repeating some of the lyrics they hear?  It's not a good excuse.  Teach your kids..It starts with them, and then they will tell their friends etc etc.  And sooner or later that word, and the feelings behind it will go away...

Side note: My daughter listens to rap (as well as Alternative, Metal, and a whole host of other music) and we were all sitting around watching videos last night, and I was like, "HOLY SHIT"...Is that what they are saying...Good Lawd...So not only do I not want her saying the N word, I don't want her saying, "Wait 'till you see my dick". *lol*

My whole point in this long rambling of mine is that we have to do better..Seriously..We have to learn that big brother slapping our hands is never a good thing, but that we should want better for ourselves and our kids.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

They DO have a lot of jobs that pay really well though too.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:06:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thousands gathered in Detroit, Michigan to participate in the NAACP’s funeral and burial for the "N” word.

...as did the roving groups of urban yutes at the local mall I always get stuck behind.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:10:13 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote

So is the PGA, whats your point.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Is he even black?
View Quote

1/2, not that it matters.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#45]
lol the guy he supposedly said it to said kapernick didnt say it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#46]
the a ending not the er ending please
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:52:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

1/2 slur as Colin's white half insulted the black half of himself and the whole self of the other player
so they got him on 1.5 counts of racial slurs

His biological mom is white his biological dad is black he was raised by loving parents who adopted him and he
was raised to be a good kid...and he was....still is compared to a lot of NFL "stars"
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#48]
fix one toilet and you are not a plumber but say one slur and you are a racist.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/073/590/hi-res-7449604e8172b56f57854cf00bafe81f_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick

Rev. Al Sharpton is strangely silent on the use of the "N-word" in this case.

The 49ers quarterback was responsible for four turnovers in the team's loss, but it was a curious flag that has also drawn attention.

After throwing an interception that set up a Bears touchdown, Kaepernick allegedly used a racial slur, according to the refs.

Kaepernick was fined more than $11k for the alleged slur, but denied saying anything.
View Quote

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/colin-kaepernick-49ers-refs-racial-slur-bears-loss-fine-092114
View Quote

lol Just using a word you may or may not like about another race in NOT rascism.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

but it's pure faggotry.

View Quote

Bravo
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top