Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:43:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Page 2
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
[b]Quoted:[/b
Who needs a gun? This woman has the answer!

View Quote

My son and another guy we're seeing the same girl. She was polyamorus (a slut) and they both knew it. Dude got mad and pepper sprayed my son as he was getting something out of his trunk. My son didn't see his attacker but managed to grab him. Son beat the hell out of him.

Dude calls the cops and gets arrested for the initial assault.

Pepper spray my blind a bear, it does not stop a bear.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think NJ will accept "Bear Protection" as a reason to have a carry permit.  So, well, then that's life, or death.  NJ gov't would rather people not leave their homes.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:59:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My son and another guy we're seeing the same girl. She was polyamorus (a slut) and they both knew it. Dude got mad and pepper sprayed my son as he was getting something out of his trunk. My son didn't see his attacker but managed to grab him. Son beat the hell out of him.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bear spray?  Last I knew the only effective hand-held item against a bear had either "magnum" or "half a fucking inch diameter" in the caliber.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#5]
"Hmmm Vindaloo Hiker! Yummy!" - The Bear
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#7]
What's the old saying, " you don't have to outrun the bear, just outrun anyone around you ".
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:18:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:19:45 AM EDT
[#9]

That sycho bitch that runs that group is a lying fucking cunt who has vandalized vehicles parked on the road while guys were hunting !  She has been arrested numerous times! Fuck her
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:22:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I read this as Hitler killed by bear in northern New Jersey. Confusion ensued
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:22:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I have said for a long time that sooner or later, someone gonna get deaded by a bar over in nj.  Too bad he didn't have a .50 cal hawkin.

And Jesus Christ, the idiocy in so many of those comments makes my head hurt.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:23:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
Thank you!

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

<snip>

Pepper spray makes it taste like Vindaloo.
View Quote

LOL.  I believe Satan is in the process of readying the comfy chair for you.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#14]
"They became frightened and attempted to flee the area," said West Milford police Lt. Keith Ricciardi in the release. "During the confusion the group became separated as they ran in different directions."

Sounds like Darsh was the slowest one in the group.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
"They became frightened and attempted to flee the area," said West Milford police Lt. Keith Ricciardi in the release. "During the confusion the group became separated as they ran in different directions."

Sounds like Darsh was the slowest one in the group.
View Quote

Did they notice the gunshot wound to the knee yet?

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#16]
"Bears rarely attack, you don't need a gun in the woods"

I'll carry my gun and if something rare happens, I'll be prepared.

"Bear spray works better"

I'll take my chances with a gun.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They made a huge mistake separating and running.  That made them look like prey.  They should have stayed together, close together and made a lot of noise, maybe even thrown things at the bear.  Bears won't attack groups of people and black bears in particular are hesitant to attack loud, aggressive people.  Which is ironic, given this was in New Jersey...
View Quote

Hard not to look like prey when they obviously were prey.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
For some reason, I read the thread title as "Hitler Killed By Bear In Northern New Jersey."

Clicked on it expecting all sorts of WTF. I was disappoint.
View Quote

Lol at first glance I read "hiker killed by beer" I thought he must have been really hammered wanting to take a walk
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You realize angry bears can fight through bullets too, right?

If I was going in bear country, and I could only choose 1 weapon, it would be bear spray.  Bear spray is likely more effective than a handgun at stopping a bear attacks, at least what I've read.

That said, this is arfcom, get both!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If only the state of New Joisey had allowed him to carry a gun

http://i.imgur.com/7GPJuLj.jpg

what an idiot.

if humans can fight through pepper spray because of training, anger, drugs etc...  why wouldn't an angry bear fight through bear spray too?

You realize angry bears can fight through bullets too, right?

If I was going in bear country, and I could only choose 1 weapon, it would be bear spray.  Bear spray is likely more effective than a handgun at stopping a bear attacks, at least what I've read.

That said, this is arfcom, get both!

12 gauge with slugs is what I carry into bear territory.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#20]
I guess they really do shit in the woods
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:51:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They made a huge mistake separating and running.  That made them look like prey.  They should have stayed together, close together and made a lot of noise, maybe even thrown things at the bear.  Bears won't attack groups of people and black bears in particular are hesitant to attack loud, aggressive people.  Which is ironic, given this was in New Jersey...

No shit.  I might have chased one down and eaten him, myself.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You have hiking trails?  I remember reading something 20 years ago about NJ being 100% urban.  Does a walk in the park constitute hiking in NJ?
View Quote

Shit, almost. It was a 500 acre preserve. The GA wilderness that I visit is probably as big as NJ...
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#23]
For some reason, I read the title as "Hitler killed by a bear in northern New Jersey" and just had to click it
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

If I was a bear I'd probably stay in an anti-gun state too.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:59:59 AM EDT
[#25]
597 acre nature preserve? hiking on 597 acres? seriously?

hahah.

really? I think my HOA has 597 acres of open space...
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:01:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Bears gotta eat too.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:16:42 AM EDT
[#27]

Apparently he was also the slowest runner in the group too!
View Quote

LOL...apparently he was
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Shit, almost. It was a 500 acre preserve. The GA wilderness that I visit is probably as big as NJ...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You have hiking trails?  I remember reading something 20 years ago about NJ being 100% urban.  Does a walk in the park constitute hiking in NJ?

That's 600 acre preserve is in the middle of 40,000 acre watershed property which also borders about 20,000 acres of state landall which is accessible to hunters
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#29]
NJ is a very pretty state if you could just get rid of the assholes
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Unpossible, because GD has assured me that black bears aren't dangerous.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#31]
I for one, wholeheartedly support the re-introduction of Grizzly bears to the San Francisco bay area.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:14:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

You gotta watch out for Black Bears. Always playing the knock-out game with hikers.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You gotta watch out for Black Bears. Always playing the knock-out game with hikers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bear bells keep them hiding if I recall correctly ....

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was expecting to read that the bear goebbeled him up...
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bear mace???

Ptooey.

Get those dumb fucks from the Bear Education And Resource Group to write another letter to the editor about how you should carry a Super Soaker to fend off angry bears. Also, ban guns and hunting and you shouldn't be allowed to buy a house in the proletarian New Jersey Highlands. You shouldn't be allowed to take a hike there, either.

Yeah!

Liberals!

I can't wait to see how they spin this one since they can't say that it happened to whitey and whitey deserved it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:08:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Lol at first glance I read "hiker killed by beer" I thought he must have been really hammered wanting to take a walk
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For some reason, I read the thread title as "Hitler Killed By Bear In Northern New Jersey."

Clicked on it expecting all sorts of WTF. I was disappoint.

I knew a bunch of people that happened to maybe ten miles from this incident.

Joints might have also played a role.

Hypothermia is a bitch.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:08:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

When I read the topic, I read it that way also. I was expecting the Hitler in the bunker video parody.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Then it would probably have a population of about 10
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#39]
This, FYI, is what the area actually looks like:

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They'd be ten very happy people. I'd go back.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#41]
The son and his wife lived in N. Arlington for about 2 years for their jobs. They liked the jobs, hated the people and area. The are much happier in southern Ohio now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Where was Crispy Cream at the time of the attack?
View Quote

I chuckled.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Reminds me of the joke where one guy asks another what they should do if they see a bear.

First guy says, "I'd take off running."

Second guy says, "Why would you run?  You can't outrun a bear."

First guy, "I don't have to outrun the bear. I just have to outrun you."

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:17:51 PM EDT
[#44]
That's a shame.  I can't imagine the horror of being mauled to death by an animal like that.

I'm a 5 minute drive from black bear country, and when we go camping I often bring a shotgun loaded with 000 buck/bear shot.

Yes I bring bear spray, too.  I just get excitable as to choice- like to have my options open.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:34:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Are you even allowed to buy and carry bear spray in the Glorious Democratic Workers' Republic of New Jersey?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That's what I was thinking.

I guess 911 didn't save him....

I wouldn't say they were "tame".  That implies they're safe.

They're not tame - they're just unafraid of humans.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I was thinking.

I guess 911 didn't save him....
Quoted:
I have only seen one bear so far, thing had absolutely no fear of me.  It was in a garbage can about 15 feet from me in my neighbor's driveway, when I saw it I slowly made my way back up the driveway.  The bear walked up my neighbor's drive, parallel to mine until I reached the house then sat there and watched me go inside.  Never ran, never seemed spooked, didn't give a shit.  If those fuckers get as tame as the deer I think we will see this more often.  

I wouldn't say they were "tame".  That implies they're safe.

They're not tame - they're just unafraid of humans.  

Which spells serious trouble at this time of the year.  If the bears are unafraid of humans, and this bear was stalking a group of five men, then it is a short move to the bear thinking it can take a human for food.

News reports say this was a 300lb bear, fairly light for an adult in this part of the country.  My bet is that the bear figured that with one human kill it could eat its fill to put on weight for winter.  And with the winter that's forecast, if it's true and bears are reacting by trying to put on fat for a long, hard winter then this attack was almost entirely predictable.

And I fear that there will be more bear attacks in NJ, NY & PA as bears get desperate to feed before winter.  It's been a bad year for apples and acorns around here.  The bears are looking hard to find protein and humans are a relatively easy to kill, slow, high fat & protein food source that will let the bears get close enough to make successful easy attacks.  I fear for children and small adults I such a situation.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:11:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Victim was probably a liberal trying to have a conversation with Yogi.
View Quote

You just never know...

Two of my buddies once had to impolitely warn-off a family of four who were walking down an old railroad grade to go take closer pictures of a brown bear and her two cubs.

As they told the story, the dad had managed to get within about fifty yards of the bears, and the mom and two children were within about seventy-five yards. My friends never got any closer than about one-hundred yards - which they felt was still way too close for comfort considering the circumstances.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:13:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Ya just never know.

I walked out the door and smack into the face of a monster....had to be 500lbs or more. We both froze, less than 2 feet apart, until he bolted like a missile thru the woods.

I stood on my deck and had a thirty minute standoff with a little 200 pounder who was not the least bit afraid of me.....woofing, clacking his teeth, stomping the ground and standing up to rake the shit out of a maple tree in the yard not 20ft from me on the deck.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:14:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Kid definitely put up a fight. RIP.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Which spells serious trouble at this time of the year.  If the bears are unafraid of humans, and this bear was stalking a group of five men, then it is a short move to the bear thinking it can take a human for food.

News reports say this was a 300lb bear, fairly light for an adult in this part of the country.  My bet is that the bear figured that with one human kill it could eat its fill to put on weight for winter.  And with the winter that's forecast, if it's true and bears are reacting by trying to put on fat for a long, hard winter then this attack was almost entirely predictable.

And I fear that there will be more bear attacks in NJ, NY & PA as bears get desperate to feed before winter.  It's been a bad year for apples and acorns around here.  The bears are looking hard to find protein and humans are a relatively easy to kill, slow, high fat & protein food source that will let the bears get close enough to make successful easy attacks.  I fear for children and small adults I such a situation.
View Quote

I've heard it said that with most brown bear attacks, the bear is responding to being startled or may be feeling territorial or protective of a carcass that it's going to eat.  With most black bear attacks, the bear is being predatory.  Meaning that when black bears attack, it is usually because they decide to put humans on the menu.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top