Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:48:06 PM EDT
[#1]
First off, I love how people act like taking a round in the chest if you are wearing a BP vest is like shrugging off a fly.  I tell you what, you could be wearing body armor and if a handful of SS agents uncork full auto on you with MP5s, you won't simply advanced like you're the Terminator.  Which brings us to point #2.  Their job isn't necessarily to defeat the threat with the first line responders.  Their job is to protect and evacuate the President.  If some some douchebag in full kit manages to turn the engagement into a prolonged affair until the next line responders show up with the big guns and end it, mission still accomplished if the SS inside get the Pres wrapped up and into a safe room or into the Beast and bail out.

Same thing as the aforementioned 50-100 people simultaneously jump the fence.  If all the first line defenders do is buy enough time to get the Pres out of the situation, Mission accomplished.

Gotta remember that they have a totally different job than an offensive military force.  They have the means to buy whatever toys they feel they need to do the job, so I'm sure they have thought it through.

ETA: and before someone mentions how heavily armored the North Hollywood shootout guys were and how they stood up to multiple shots with ease, try quickly jumping the white house fence with all that shit on.  You'll get sniped and overrun before you get halfway up that bitch.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#2]
he HAD to be that close for the rounds to be effective.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A few years ago when this same thing happened they all had P90s IIRC.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2jcsilv.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's a surprise I assumed they all carried mp7s now.

A few years ago when this same thing happened they all had P90s IIRC.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2jcsilv.jpg

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:51:00 PM EDT
[#3]
What if they're not really 9mm MP5s at all, but Phased Plasma rifle in the 40 watt range, INSIDE an MP5 shell!  

The future is now !
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

to say nothing of November 22, 1963,September 22, 1975, and March 30, 1981, now one can be forgiven possibly the others?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to think the USSS were some of the most professional and best trained people out of the alphabet agencies. Then the shoes being thrown at Bush, with the Iraqis taking the guy down instead of the SS, then the scandal with the whores in Columbia, and I know there's one other incident which escapes me at the moment, and now it's more like .

The grenade thing.

to say nothing of November 22, 1963,September 22, 1975, and March 30, 1981, now one can be forgiven possibly the others?

You forgot November 1, 1950.  HST came very, very close to getting whacked.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This is correct. They are actually GSG .22 LR "MP5"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes OP, the only weapons the SS has at the WH are MP5s.

I know that is BS!   Nobody can get .22lr anymore....not even SS

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
First off, I love how people act like taking a round in the chest if you are wearing a BP vest is like shrugging off a fly.  I tell you what, you could be wearing body armor and if a handful of SS agents uncork full auto on you with MP5s, you won't simply advanced like you're the Terminator.  Which brings us to point #2.  Their job isn't necessarily to defeat the threat with the first line responders.  Their job is to protect and evacuate the President.  If some some douchebag in full kit manages to turn the engagement into a prolonged affair until the next line responders show up with the big guns and end it, mission still accomplished if the SS inside get the Pres wrapped up and into a safe room or into the Beast and bail out.

Same thing as the aforementioned 50-100 people simultaneously jump the fence.  If all the first line defenders do is buy enough time to get the Pres out of the situation, Mission accomplished.

Gotta remember that they have a totally different job than an offensive military force.  They have the means to buy whatever toys they feel they need to do the job, so I'm sure they have thought it through.

ETA: and before someone mentions how heavily armored the North Hollywood shootout guys were and how they stood up to multiple shots with ease, try quickly jumping the white house fence with all that shit on.  You'll get sniped and overrun before you get halfway up that bitch.
View Quote

Exactly.

Nobody who was serious about harming the President via some ground attack would seek to do so while he was at the White House. An infantry attack on the White House would be simply a political statement not a strategic move to take out the CIC.  You'd never reach the President quickly enough before they could lock him down safely unless of course you had some James Bond villain type bad guys with people on the inside.

The President is most vulnerable when he's in transit and then he's still protected by a convoy of Secret Service ready to rock with plenty of 5.56 and most likely a QRF with gunships.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I worked at their HQ. They have an armory that would blow GD's mind.
ETA Union membership has its privileges.
View Quote

Oh great, you just turned this into a union thread.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Exactly.

Nobody who was serious about harming the President via some ground attack would seek to do so while he was at the White House. An infantry attack on the White House would be simply a political statement not a strategic move to take out the CIC.  You'd never reach the President quickly enough before they could lock him down safely unless of course you had some James Bond villain type bad guys with people on the inside.

The President is most vulnerable when he's in transit and then he's still protected by a convoy of Secret Service ready to rock with plenty of 5.56 and most likely a QRF with gunships.  

View Quote

Going to have to disagree. If we can bring in our specially modified cargo plane and our urban assault garbage trucks, we can effectively make barricade the President inside unless he gets to his high speed space rail train that runs under the Potomac.  I learned this from extensive research  using first hand accounts and the following documentaries...

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

[Han Solo]
I don't know. I can imagine quite a bit.
[/Han Solo]

If there's not something more impressive than a handful of Davy Crocketts, directed energy weapons, brain freezing rays, remote viewers in cages for COMINT/ELINT/SIGINT/TINFOILINT/etc., ill-tempered less-than-lethal sea bass, and anything else needed for protection of the POTUS, I would feel a bit ripped off for the use of my tax dollars.

Is that Gary Sinise?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I worked at their HQ. They have an armory that would blow GD's mind.
ETA Union membership has its privileges.

[Han Solo]
I don't know. I can imagine quite a bit.
[/Han Solo]

If there's not something more impressive than a handful of Davy Crocketts, directed energy weapons, brain freezing rays, remote viewers in cages for COMINT/ELINT/SIGINT/TINFOILINT/etc., ill-tempered less-than-lethal sea bass, and anything else needed for protection of the POTUS, I would feel a bit ripped off for the use of my tax dollars.

Is that Gary Sinise?

I don't know, but there looks to be a real lard ass below the awning white shirt, looks like he has a sling.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well....to be honest it seems the MP5s are only for show as they not only let the guy run across the yard but they left the door unlocked
View Quote

That's the Best Part!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Some loony jumping the fence and running?

Happens all the time.  Blowing their brains out would be unpopular and it's so far been unnecessary.

They caught him, nobody died, life went on.  I think it was handled fine.
View Quote

In this day and age of suicide bombers, that is an attitude that could come back and bite somebodies in the ass hard.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:41:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Pretty sure thats Capitol Police.  Being faggots posing in front of Marine One.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:49:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lots of citizens sounding like they aren't to fond of our free and open society. I guess the alternative is we spend 100 billion on an Obama bunker and further isolate our political elites from the populace completely defeating the purpose of our republican form of government.

It sounds like it was a good no-shoot, they are reviewing their security measures as a result.

People may forget the White House got burned to the ground once before as well, its kind of a dangerous world out there.
View Quote

War of 1812
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Even the pop-up machine guns?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And don't forget the command detonated claymores.....or the fougasse barrels hidden in the bushes.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:51:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Neither Reagan or Clinton or either Bush were hell bent on destroying America as an ideal and as a country.  All had their flaws but none have violated the oath of office and used the power of the office to attack conservatives like Obama has. He and those he surrounds himself with are traitors to this country. He is not worthy of the office and not worthy of our respect.  That is not to say a conservative doctor should refuse to operate on him but I do not blindly worship the office.  Presidents are men, not gods.

And if God forbid something happened to him I truly believe Joe Biden would be an improvement.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I said it above, and I'll say it again.

You do know that the doctor who operated on President Reagan was a liberal democrat, right?  And that he was American enough to say "we are all Republicans today Sir?"  I suppose you would rather he let Mr. Reagan die so as to be ideologically pure.

Neither Reagan or Clinton or either Bush were hell bent on destroying America as an ideal and as a country.  All had their flaws but none have violated the oath of office and used the power of the office to attack conservatives like Obama has. He and those he surrounds himself with are traitors to this country. He is not worthy of the office and not worthy of our respect.  That is not to say a conservative doctor should refuse to operate on him but I do not blindly worship the office.  Presidents are men, not gods.

And if God forbid something happened to him I truly believe Joe Biden would be an improvement.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

This gets so old.  It really is a derangement syndrome of some kind.  Posts like this are exactly why when some mentally impaired shooters FO, people here ask "what was their screen name?"  You've drank your koolaid for so long that you seem to be unable to separate hyperbole from reality.
If you honestly believe the things you just typed, why are you sitting at a computer and bitching?  Why aren't you FOing?

Normally I just keep scrolling, but mother of god, it's everywhere now!  Every.  Single.  Thread.  Are you guys just working on your post count, or are you that all-consumed?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The MP5 is the swiss watch of firearms. You don't have to aim, just point in the general direction and pull the trigger and the gun does the rest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sexy firearms.  Surprised no optics on the weapons.

The MP5 is the swiss watch of firearms. You don't have to aim, just point in the general direction and pull the trigger and the gun does the rest.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sexy firearms.  Surprised no optics on the weapons.

Smart bullets that detect heartbeat and heat signature

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm just kind of tweaked that the King can protect himself and his family with cool NFA toys that I'm not allowed to own. (Yes, I'm aware of Transferables.)
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, the Capital emblem on their patches made me wonder why the USSS were THAT undercover.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
In the pictures I have seen of the Secret Service agents at the White House during the incursion this week, I noticed they all had MP5's.

If a determined adversary showed up in body armor with AK/AR15's wouldn't the guys with MP5's be in trouble ?

Think  a major review of the weapons in use should be underway ?

Any one think our adversaries have taken notice ?
View Quote

They got magic ammo.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Many of you kids here may not remember this nut from back in Nov 06 when he opened up on the WH.
No head shot from a WH roof top sniper, just two citizens taking him down until police arrived.
WH be bullet proof

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
When I'm president, I'll make sure every USSS officer, hell, every federal agent down to the Dept of Education, carries a 240B everywhere they go.
View Quote

When I am Lord Protector of the Republic they they will lock the fucking doors on the Pale Palace and have two guards standing next to every exterior access door...and if they are not some people's heads will be decorating my Iron Fence. Right next to the heads of the fuckwits who try to climb the fucking fence.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

"10 millimeter explosive tip caseless. Standard light armor piercing round, why?"
View Quote
You win 2 internets.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:48:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's where all the .22 went!  
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:55:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

MP5 on-a-stick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MP5 on-a-stick.

best laugh I had all day.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Normally I'd agree but this isn't you run of the mill political opponent.  This guy hates the US and everything about it and most of us - so I'm going with the first guy.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the first few minutes, on the ground, that's all I see in pictures.

I know they have more somewhere.

But this guy proved it only takes around 42 seconds to get over the fence and through the front door.

Shouldn't the first line of defense have more than MP5's ?

We gonna need a different president for me to care.

I cannot fathom this mentality.

I do not like President Obama's politics, his policies, his methods, his attitudes, his manner, his attitude, his dang near anything, but he was elected to the office he holds by a majority of the voters of this country.  I may hope fervently that he fails at his domestic agenda, and find his foreign agenda deplorable, misguided, and amateurish, but if someone attacks the President with violence, they are attacking far more than just that man.

Normally I'd agree but this isn't you run of the mill political opponent.  This guy hates the US and everything about it and most of us - so I'm going with the first guy.  

So... Biden for President, then?

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#27]
They have a super sharp shooter with a 22 LR to shoot a criminal with body armor in the ear with a 22LR.

Of course I'm kidding, but remember my father watching the 97 North Hollywood bank robbers saying without missing a beat "I'd shoot him in the throat or ankle and stop this whole silly mess".  He's gone now but I've seen him drop a running deer so believe he could do it.  

I think putting a lot more dogs on site would probably solve most of their problems, no one is going to out run a Malinois and the chance of a fatal event is small.

Quick minds and good planning is better than more firepower.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:59:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm concerned we have neither !
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:29:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then you are a fool.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Then you are a fool.
View Quote

Maybe, but if this the surveillance upgrade in effect at the WH, I'm not impressed.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then you are a fool.

Maybe, but if this the surveillance upgrade in effect at the WH, I'm not impressed.

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/NA-CC842_WHITEH_G_20140922182912.jpg

Cool, I just got to use the new image approval system.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:31:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Cool, I just got to use the new image approval system.
View Quote

I finally contributed here.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It was all downhill after the P90 was phased out.
View Quote

Nah, they are still using them (at least the ERT is).

http://time.com/3421801/secret-service-white-house-security-breach/
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MP5 on-a-stick.

so with strings on the trigger like in Shoot Um Up?

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then you are a fool.

I don't think they care if you're impressed so I guess it's a stalemate.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:44:09 PM EDT
[#36]
unlocked front door, ...mp5-toting security, ...agents whoring it up out of country, ...i'd say the quality of security is a reflection of, and commensurate with, what the occupant is deserving of...
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:26:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
unlocked front door, ...mp5-toting security, ...agents whoring it up out of country, ...i'd say the quality of security is a reflection of, and commensurate with, what the occupant is deserving of...
View Quote

You guys crack me up.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top