Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What you do to yourself is your business.  Personally though I don't care for tattoos, the more there is the worse it looks IMHO.  

We have a gal that rents some space from us and is trying to start up and run a small hair salon.  She has no money, either late with or light on rent every month, yet she has the time and money to spend working on getting sleeves.  How many nice little ol' ladies or Mrs. middle class lady are going to go to a hair salon with the hairdresser sporting sleeves?  

Never did quite get the 'tribal' thing.  What tribe is it you're trying/pretending to belong to?
View Quote

Lots of people with sleeves don't pay for them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Play her some Adventure Club and and staying gold goes right out the window..

Biting girls is her favorite hobby... As well as few other things..
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What you do to yourself is your business.  Personally though I don't care for tattoos, the more there is the worse it looks IMHO.  

We have a gal that rents some space from us and is trying to start up and run a small hair salon.  She has no money, either late with or light on rent every month, yet she has the time and money to spend working on getting sleeves.  How many nice little ol' ladies or Mrs. middle class lady are going to go to a hair salon with the hairdresser sporting sleeves?  

Never did quite get the 'tribal' thing.  What tribe is it you're trying/pretending to belong to?

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:13:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of really good artists (and some really bad ones) like to show off their work at conventions,  in magazines,  etc.  They'll often do deals for free work in exchange for going to the shows,  shoots,  contests,  etc to represent them.  Barter isn't uncommon either.  A few days ago,  a local artist was making an offer on facebook for inking exchange for .22lr. If he was better,  I'd have taken him up on it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I only judge by choice and quality of tattoo. I don't even judge location anymore. I have 4 tattoos. Only one is visible most of the time. I don't think they ruin the way a body looks if they are tasteful. But that's just me. I don't judge blankskins for their lack of tattoo.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#6]

My original statement stands. I like her already nwg.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:23:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sailors, soldiers and cons only. Everyone else, no.
View Quote

And then not officers

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:57:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Play her some Adventure Club and and staying gold goes right out the window..

Biting girls is her favorite hobby... As well as few other things..
View Quote

Holy. Hell. Can I play? She's fucking hot........

(respectfully, of course...... Welcome to Texas.........)

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:06:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm curious as to how many of the anti-ink posters are disgusting fatbodies.

View Quote

Now you've gone and hurt their feelings.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:57:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Lots of really good artists (and some really bad ones) like to show off their work at conventions,  in magazines,  etc.  They'll often do deals for free work in exchange for going to the shows,  shoots,  contests,  etc to represent them.  Barter isn't uncommon either.  A few days ago,  a local artist was making an offer on facebook for inking exchange for .22lr. If he was better,  I'd have taken him up on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The most tattooed people I know did not pay for them.

An artists needs their medium..

Friends of tattoo artists can get a lot of free ink, sometimes someone would have some new ink because the guy just had this idea and wanted to do it.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:02:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Friends of tattoo artists can get a lot of free ink, sometimes someone would have some new ink because the guy just had this idea and wanted to do it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where can I sign up?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:51:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Always need more megan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too many words in this thread.  Needs more Megan Massacre.

http://cdn.hype.my/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Megan-Massacre-Americas-Worst-Tattoos.jpg

Always need more megan.

out of
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:54:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've a tattoo that way. I installed a window for my neighbor, who is a tattoo artist.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:43:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess it's somewhat harsh.  But seriously, I wonder how many of the "Tattoos are bad decisions" people are in terrible shape, making bad decisions of their own.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:12:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Some are OK as long as they are not to large. My ex had this one on her lower back that was big and distracting. I would be hitting it from behind and it would just stare at me. I would have to cover it up or change positions. I hated that thing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I guess it's somewhat harsh.  But seriously, I wonder how many of the "Tattoos are bad decisions" people are in terrible shape, making bad decisions of their own.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Judging from the people like that I've met in the real world, a lot of them.

There was a guy I used to work with (until he committed a felony and lost his job) that was going on about tattoos and how dirty inkies are idiots who make poor choices and won't be able to get a "good job".  I over heard him, walked up and said " what about me? I have tattoos and I work at the same place you do."

After hemming and hawing he said "that's different, you only have a few little ones"

The other guys standing there started laughing and told me to show him. So I took off my shirt and told him that I have won awards for the work on my back and sides, an that most of the work was one for free or for half-rate so I would do more competitions.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:21:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There was a guy I used to work with (until he committed a felony and lost his job) that was going on about tattoos and how dirty inkies are idiots who make poor choices and won't be able to get a "good job".  I over heard him, walked up and said " what about me? I have tattoos and I work at the same place you do."

After hemming and hawing he said "that's different, you only have a few little ones"

The other guys standing there started laughing and told me to show him. So I took off my shirt and told him that I have won awards for the work on my back and sides, an that most of the work was one for free or for half-rate so I would do more competitions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it's pretty funny.  It's like the obese people complaining about smokers jacking up health insurance rates.  I see that here, too.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:34:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Where can I sign up?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
[quo te]Quoted:
Quoted:

Never did quite get the 'tribal' thing.  What tribe is it you're trying/pretending to belong to?[/qu ote]

Where can I sign up?

Sit down and draw out the epic piece that you want, draw the concept of what you want it to look like, do the basic line drawing that will be used for a stencil, then do it again slightly differently, then again, then again.

Then take all of that to a local artist that is good, and set up and appointment to talk about it. Tell them where you want it, and the back story behind it. Get their opinion, give them all of your drawings and ask them to rework it into one piece. Trade work is very collaborative.

Then set up an appointment and be willing to pay for the whole thing.  If they are excited about it they will most likely tell you about a comp and say you should enter the "under construction" category. After that they will usually start to discount or start working for free (but you should still tip)

If they don't offer, ask about the flyers for comps they have hanging up. See if they bite.

Hang out and make friends, if they like you, and think they can work with you they will make the offer.

But be aware it isn't all roses.  The guy that did my back, changed the color of black he used 3 times.  Each time he had to go back over everything we had done before.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:40:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Another way to get free ink is to let apprentices practice on you.  That can be risky since they are just starting out, but you can judge them based on the artist they are working under.

I have done that in the past, and will continue to do it for some of the simple pieces I want done.

But there are apprentices I know that refuse to touch me, because I have competition level ink, and they are afraid of fucking up.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:41:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Sit down and draw out the epic piece that you want, draw the concept of what you want it to look like, do the basic line drawing that will be used for a stencil, then do it again slightly differently, then again, then again.

Then take all of that to a local artist that is good, and set up and appointment to talk about it. Tell them where you want it, and the back story behind it. Get their opinion, give them all of your drawings and ask them to rework it into one piece. Trade work is very collaborative.

Then set up an appointment and be willing to pay for the whole thing.  If they are excited about it they will most likely tell you about a comp and say you should enter the "under construction" category. After that they will usually start to discount or start working for free (but you should still tip)

If they don't offer, ask about the flyers for comps they have hanging up. See if they bite.

Hang out and make friends, if they like you, and think they can work with you they will make the offer.

But be aware it isn't all roses.  The guy that did my back, changed the color of black he used 3 times.  Each time he had to go back over everything we had done before.
View Quote

Do you have pictures of your tattoos available?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:45:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Trading tattoo work for ammo.  Lol.

These are the folks that make good life desicions right?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:45:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Double post

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:04:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only one I can find with the quickness, since I'm posting from my phone

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:06:29 AM EDT
[#24]
But anyone who goes to CWE will see it, since I am sponsoring a "filthiest inky" competition
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:06:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

http://luckyrabbittattoos.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/img_0292.jpeg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I have a sleeve. On chicks, meh. Depends. Most chicks with a lot end up looking like shit. Girls just don't go in and say I want a sleeve and stick to the design. They get a pice on the bicep. A piece on the forearm. Leg piece. A piece on the ribs. A piece on the back. Birds, cars, hearts, stars, names, shapes, cartoons, all over randomly.

Like a serial killers ransom note.
View Quote

Good analogy I think.  I don't like it when there appears to be no rhyme or reason to the tats or placements.  Messes with my ocd.

No sleeves for me for at least 15 more years due to work.  I could get away with quarter sleeves but would be it.  I'll stick to the less chance of being seen places.  My dad just recently saw mine and had no clue previously.  Sister was pissed because all he said asked was what it said and anytime she had gotten one he griped at her for weeks.  My wife has about 5 of her next tattoos already planned out but she is little so space on her is at a premium.  She is just waiting on the funding to get started.  She is into tats and piercings.  Fortunately for me I like them on women as long as they are well done.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:18:14 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Do you cut the hair at the side of your head?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD." Leviticus 19:28

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." Matthew 5:17

And does he eat pork or catfish?  If we are following the rules of Leviticus then those apply too.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:29:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

And does he eat pork or catfish?  If we are following the rules of Leviticus then those apply too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD." Leviticus 19:28

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." Matthew 5:17

Or send his wife out of town when she is on the rag?

And the verse on tattoos has also been translated as "Do not tattoo or scar your flesh in remembrance of the dead"   Which actually makes far more sense as being a commandment against Ancestor Worship.  

Cause Baby Jesus thinks memorial tattoos are just as trashy as the memorial decals on your shitty fucking rustbucket.

Or maybe the theological professors I know are all heretics.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:30:18 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Tattoo threads, check.

Cop threads, check.

Yup, Im in /GD/.

View Quote

What about tattooed cops?

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#30]
So the poll says that more than half of arfcom says they are okay with tattoos and piercings.

Fuck all you anti inkie fucks
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Nice!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice!

Its strange, photo spreads of guys tattoos don't stay online as long as ones of girls
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So the poll says that more than half of arfcom says they are okay with tattoos and piercings.

Fuck all you anti inkie fucks
View Quote

I would really like to see an age and socioeconomic breakdown

Cause my ink and my retirement accounts are gonna look bad ass in 30 years.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:43:07 AM EDT
[#33]
They're not for me, but I don't mind them. The only exception is that I don't personally care for facial piercings beyond earrings and maybe a nose stud.

My wife has several tats and three holes in each ear.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:13:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder how many dirty inkies are dirty inkies and fat...double bad decisions!

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know I've made some bad decisions in my life, I am human after all. But my ink and piercings are not on the list of them. So I like this point.

As for not paying for ink someone else mentioned, how the hell??!! I've paid for all mine.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:28:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Is it strange that I am a pureskin who supports inkies?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:34:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No doubt there are those out there.  But that's besides the point.  It's not the inkies acting all high and mighty in this thread.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I feel like they aren't conducive to a general appearance of well-being. One of the things I've noticed with people who have a significant amount of
tattoos is that they generally seem to be a bit more quirky than your average person. In terms of employment, I'd definitley think twice before hiring
somebody who had a significant amount of tattoos unless my place of business was a tattoo/piercing facility. I think it's important to note that, although
many people with tattoos/body piercings are psychotic, not all of them are. However, most people with tattoos do tend to be on the wild side. YMMV. I don't have tattoos;
I never will.
View Quote

Good comment.  I generally agree.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:40:52 AM EDT
[#39]
No doubt there are those out there.  But that's besides the point.  It's not the inkies acting all high and mighty in this thread.
View Quote

It's a poll and it's GD - what did you expect?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:43:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I feel like they aren't conducive to a general appearance of well-being. One of the things I've noticed with people who have a significant amount of
tattoos is that they generally seem to be a bit more quirky than your average person. In terms of employment, I'd definitley think twice before hiring
somebody who had a significant amount of tattoos unless my place of business was a tattoo/piercing facility. I think it's important to note that, although
many people with tattoos/body piercings are psychotic, not all of them are. However, most people with tattoos do tend to be on the wild side. YMMV. I don't have tattoos;
I never will.

That tends to be true to some extent. But not in a bad way.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes,  as reading these threads would cause most to think there must be something in tattoo ink that impairs logical thinking.

About all we haven't seen yet is the "shame that non-inkies have nothing in their life they value enough to make permanent" and the "non-inkies don;t like 'art'" memes.

I'm surprised it took so long for the "inkies are proud of their bodies as they are in better shape than flabby pureskins" - though admittedly it wasn't presented with quite the snideness it normally is.

But, the after school special "reveal" story about shaming the bigoted pureskin by showing that "you" are one of "them" was just pure poetry.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm surprised it took so long for the "inkies are proud of their bodies as they are in better shape than flabby pureskins - though admittedly it wasn't presented with quite the snideness it normally is.
View Quote

Quite the contorted twist on what I said.  Unless you're talking about someone else.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:55:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Thread needs more Rachel.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lji2t5lcwa1qasqa8o1_500.jpg

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I love her
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quite the contorted twist on what I said.  Unless you're talking about someone else.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm surprised it took so long for the "inkies are proud of their bodies as they are in better shape than flabby pureskins - though admittedly it wasn't presented with quite the snideness it normally is.

That you didn't present it with snideness?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:00:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Holy shit, 30% of ARFCOM consists of prohibited possessors?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have a significant amout of tattoo work, but never had my ear pierced. I am suprised by the dirty inkie talk on hear.
View Quote

likewise, allegedly. Tried the ears many a decade ago, issues with gold etc. The lower extremities were the topic of conversation. Ladies across the board ALL wanted to see and touch it   Now i'm a mere shell of the man when i was young.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Trading tattoo work for ammo.  Lol.

These are the folks that make good life desicions right?
View Quote

A hard to get commodity in exchange for services.  Yeah, really crazy.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yes,  as reading these threads would cause most to think there must be something in tattoo ink that impairs logical thinking.

About all we haven't seen yet is the "shame that non-inkies have nothing in their life they value enough to make permanent" and the "non-inkies don;t like 'art'" memes.

But, the after school special "reveal" story about shaming the bigoted pure skin by showing that "you" are one of "them" was just pure poetry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But, the after school special "reveal" story about shaming the bigoted pure skin by showing that "you" are one of "them" was just pure poetry.

Thank god the inkies are buff, it would be turrible if they weren't.    

I get that people are stupid.  Some stupid people get ink.  They are still stupid.  

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:10:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Specifically referring to tattoos, I don't particularly like or dislike them. I lean toward preferring none on a partner but it's not a big deal if they do.

As for piercings on a perspective lady friend, I don't like them if it's anywhere other than the bellybutton or ears. Pierced nipples are a turn off and a pierced pussy is a major turn off.

While I generally don't care what anybody does with their body, there's definitely a point where somebody can go full retard with both tats and piercings. It doesn't bother me other than to make me look at them like:
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:21:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Specifically referring to tattoos, I don't particularly like or dislike them. I lean toward preferring none on a partner but it's not a big deal if they do.

As for piercings on a perspective lady friend, I don't like them if it's anywhere other than the bellybutton or ears. Pierced nipples are a turn off and a pierced pussy is a major turn off.

While I generally don't care what anybody does with their body, there's definitely a point where somebody can go full retard with both tats and piercings. It doesn't bother me other than to make me look at them like:
View Quote

More for me, then!
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top