Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 9/21/2014 6:06:22 PM EDT
So, like the title says, I've noticed that half of arfcom is all sorts of dirty inkies, and the other half enjoy not being a dirty inky.
So, let's see a poll.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:07:44 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a new topic.
Bravo OP , you started a cool thread.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:09:03 PM EDT
[#3]
To each their own, but I don't find them attractive AT ALL.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:11:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think they look okay on people like DKProf, but not on me.

View Quote

Well of course, his are tastefully done.  The goose is almost lifelike!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Never really liked them but they look great on that "Twin Peaks" new girl.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I feel like they aren't conducive to a general appearance of well-being. One of the things I've noticed with people who have a significant amount of
tattoos is that they generally seem to be a bit more quirky than your average person. In terms of employment, I'd definitley think twice before hiring
somebody who had a significant amount of tattoos unless my place of business was a tattoo/piercing facility. I think it's important to note that, although
many people with tattoos/body piercings are psychotic, not all of them are. However, most people with tattoos do tend to be on the wild side. YMMV. I don't have tattoos;
I never will.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't really think it matters what I or anyone else is okay with. It's your body. If you like it, do it. And ignore the haters.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#8]
No problems really, keep it professional. None of my ink is visible with a T-shirt.

I have been considering a full sleeve though
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:15:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No problems really, keep it professional. None of my ink is visible with a T-shirt.

View Quote

This is me ^^^^^^^^^, both arms 1/2 sleeved. I actually took a work shirt in and had them draw a line 1/4" above, the bottom of the sleeve. I love tattoos but they do effect things, esp when it comes to management positions.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Best FPNI in weeks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#11]
It's a personal decision, but I personally would never get a tattoo or a piercing and I hope my kids feel the same way, except for ear piercing for my daughter.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:19:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have been considering a full sleeve though
View Quote

Never go full retard
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:19:26 PM EDT
[#13]
They help to identify scumbags.
I have never met a single person who had tats and/or piercings that was a decent individual (they may have been wealthy, or had a decent job....but they were still scum).
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#14]
It's not my thing, but by all means go for it if you like it. Different strokes for different people and what not.

I've seen pastors that are tatted up and criminals that are clean cut. Tattoos and piercings aren't a good method for determination of someone's character.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Good, clean work that was thought out and done by good artists-FUCK YEAH!!!
Scratch done by someone's cousin in the kitchen- FUCK NO!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I've got many of both.

I am well aware that basically 99% percent of people with them are dirtbag criminals.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:21:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#18]
None here, don't really care what other people do to their own bodies.

That said, tattoos and over-the-top piercings will cause me to instantly lose interest in a woman.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:26:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's not my thing, but by all means go for it if you like it. Different strokes for different people and what not.

I've seen pastors that are tatted up and criminals that are clean cut. Tattoos and piercings aren't a good method for determination of someone's character.
View Quote

Neither is "pastor" status.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Women with facial piercings do it for me  I don't know why but a nose stud or spider bites just does the trick...

Edit: maybe it's because they show a history of bad decisions
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I have never met a single person who had tats and/or piercings that was a decent individual (they may have been wealthy, or had a decent job....but they were still scum).
View Quote

You've probably met lots of them and never knew it.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I am well aware that basically 99% percent of people with them are dirtbag criminals.

View Quote

1%er.  

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#23]
In opposition to what the Creator desires of His children.....Satanic in fact and deed

/Rabbi mode off

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#24]
i like when we talk about our feels
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:32:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I have never met a single person who rides a KTM that was a decent individual (they may have been wealthy, or had a decent job....but they were still scum).
View Quote
Fixed it for you

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:33:25 PM EDT
[#26]
I have seven. Wife has 3 and numerous piercings. I love em
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit lol.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Makes it easier to ID criminals and mentally defective among us.  I hope they can get the help they need to deal with their personal demons.  Until they do, I know who to avoid.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't have any tats or piercings, but don't mind if other people have them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Not for me. But I really don't care what others want to do to their own body. However it is naive to believe you won't be judged by some for your ink or piercings. No amount of inky crying will change the fact that people are constantly looking at your dress, hair, facial hair (or lack there of), shoes, jewelry, car, teeth, smell, etc etc and making judgments about you. Body decorations are probably not much of a benefit in a professional setting.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:39:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Should be an option for "Stupid, but I don't care"
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#32]
I wouldn't ever get any.   And I personally consider them unattractive so it's a point against a girl I'm interested in.

My last girlfriend had two very small, discrete tats that could easily be covered in almost any setting, in that instance I could have cared less.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Im a inky.......but not dirty at all
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:56:35 PM EDT
[#34]
I love inked up girls. I only have 6 tattoos so far, all of them covered by t shirt and jeans.  Waiting on the day I get into a management position before the sleeve gets done.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Used to be that tattoos and piercings were an easy way to identify the deviants. Now, it's a sign of somebody who wants to fit in with the cool crowd.

Tats are kind of like cargo pants.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#36]
I don't have a "problem" with them, but they are "not for me".

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:59:40 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Fixed it for you

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have never met a single person who rides a KTM that was a decent individual (they may have been wealthy, or had a decent job....but they were still scum).
Fixed it for you

I'm an inkie that rides a KTM.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Fixed it for you

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fixed it for you

It's very easy to rid ones self of motorized vehicles...Tats and piercings, not so much.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:03:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Nice to look at but I don't personally have any and probably never will. Its more of a "Id rather spend this money on guns than tattoos" decision though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Helps me easily identify the ppl I sould be doing crimes with.  More monies = more tattoos
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Both ears pierced and stretched, tattooed on my arms, hands, legs, and head.

Poke holes, and add ink.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:06:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Fine with both...except gauges. That shit is tarded.

No tattoos yet, had a few different piercing in high school. (Wasn't goth or emo.)

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I don't really think it matters what I or anyone else is okay with. It's your body. If you like it, do it. And ignore the haters.

View Quote
It matters what your prospective employer thinks....

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:08:13 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't think anyone should have tattoos, and I think tattoo shops should be banned and closed.  People who already have tattoos should be taxed per square inch of ink.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is true.  How do you think he would look in fish net stockings, spike high heels, and a mini skirt?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm an inkie (sort of, just have the one), but I don't care whether or not anyone else has one. Not my body to worry about.

My first, not my last:

ETA:

Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
It matters what your prospective employer thinks....  
View Quote

My employer will never be able to tell whether or not my body is pierced or inked.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:12:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. I have my ears pierced (lobes), though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:13:17 PM EDT
[#49]
I have a significant amout of tattoo work, but never had my ear pierced. I am suprised by the dirty inkie talk on hear.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
To each their own, but I don't find them attractive AT ALL.
View Quote

Agreed.

Last week while I was standing in line to check out at a gas station some Old Man asked me, "Why does that girl have tarp grommets in her ears?"
Cracks me up every time I think about it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top