Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:37:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Did I miss the pictures of OP's wife?  I saw the ones she took
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Very cool pics OP!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:07:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Isn't it amazing how much avionics processing power they pack in their at most pea-sized brain?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:16:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm ashamed to admit that I laughed out loud.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do I see a Box of Truth video on what round for a hummingbird in the future?

I'm ashamed to admit that I laughed out loud.

.22 Colibri as it's the Italian/Latin word for them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:24:49 PM EDT
[#5]
My HB  ratio was way down this year.

Saw one back in june....thats it

My nectar must suck

Add some pineapple ?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I enjoy watching them, but was unfortunate enough to see one killed by a preying mantis once. I never would have guessed that it was hanging out on the feeder for that purpose. It seemed "wrong" somehow, as if hummingbirds should be protected for some reason...
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:02:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I caught one at work the other day. Got trapped in a skylight, couldn't figure out the way out. Adult female based on what I know of the markings. Got her in a net, took a couple quick phone pictures and took her outside. She flew until I couldn't see her, so she's probably OK as long as she found food.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:58:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I enjoy watching them, but was unfortunate enough to see one killed by a preying mantis once. I never would have guessed that it was hanging out on the feeder for that purpose. It seemed "wrong" somehow, as if hummingbirds should be protected for some reason...
View Quote

I once saw a hummer hanging from the bottom of a feeder. It was really weird looking. On closer inspection, a praying mantis had it by the head and was sucking out its brains. I thought it was pretty cool to see.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:57:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's some pics I took a couple days ago. We had a cool front with a north wind and the numbers have been cut by 1/2 to 2/3's. One more front and they'll be gone.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top