Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well, yeah, it was more than just some guy that snapped. It was a guy with a history of violence within the context of a relationship. It was a woman that had had enough of it and finally got up enough gumption to get herself and her children out of the situation. And a guy that reacted to that with violence. Yes, she saw signs, which is why she was trying to get out of the situation. That is the "more to the story".

It is the duty of a mother to protect her children from that sort of person, and she would have been criminally negligent had she not attempted to leave and take her children with her.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blaming the victim in a case as horrible as this is absolutely wrong....no one can reasonably argue that.

On the other hand, to not at least ask questions only begs for it to happen again and again. If there is any silver lining at all in a situation like this, it is to at least have a chance to learn from it.

Ive been to enough domestic violence calls and dealt with enough perpetrators and victims to know this shit doesnt just explode out of know where. She saw this coming, she just didnt recognize it for what it was. She defended herself with a base ball bat from him? C'mon, I wasnt there but Ive responded to enough of these scenes and interviewed and arrested enough people that I would bet every penny I own on the fact that I could re-intact what went down with a very close approximation of how things actually transpired.

Some common sense and de-escalation skills and I bet she would still be alive today. Using a little more common sense about who the fuck she hooked up with in the first place would eliminate the problem in the first place. Again....this shit didnt blind side her, she just wasnt looking.

Not blaming her or saying its her fault, of course its not.....but I guarantee there was more to this than just some asshole that snapped from out of nowhere and blew her brains out.

Well, yeah, it was more than just some guy that snapped. It was a guy with a history of violence within the context of a relationship. It was a woman that had had enough of it and finally got up enough gumption to get herself and her children out of the situation. And a guy that reacted to that with violence. Yes, she saw signs, which is why she was trying to get out of the situation. That is the "more to the story".

It is the duty of a mother to protect her children from that sort of person, and she would have been criminally negligent had she not attempted to leave and take her children with her.

Where are you getting the "history of violence"?

Sincere question.

Is her mother saying that he had beat her in the past?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#2]
GD is truly amazing at times.

If a woman stays in a relationship where she is being beaten, it is her fault. If she tries to leave, it's also her fault, and she was probably cheating anyway, and she probably did something to provoke the beating. If she takes her kids away from an abusive asshole, she's an evil beast depriving a father of his kids (and probably cheating). If she lets him have contact with the kids and he abuses them, she's a negligent bitch equally responsible for the abuse.

Holy catch 22, Batman!!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:12:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If a woman stays in a relationship where she is being beaten, it is her fault. If she tries to leave, it's also her fault, and she was probably cheating anyway, and she probably did something to provoke the beating. If she takes her kids away from an abusive asshole, she's an evil beast depriving a father of his kids (and probably cheating). If she lets him have contact with the kids and he abuses them, she's a negligent bitch equally responsible for the abuse.

Holy catch 22, Batman!!!
View Quote

I haven't read anyone say in this thread that it's her fault by the way.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:14:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sincere question.

View Quote

Here

Arrendale's mother, Teresa Ionniello, told WSB Radio that Arrendale and Davis were together the night that Davis became 'belligerently drunk and abusive,' an episode that sadly had happened many times before in their relationship.

Also:  In addition to the couple's five-month-old, Fox 5 reports that Davis's two daughters from a previous marriage, ages 9 and 10, were in the home.

Their mother, Tamaira Chesley, described how one daughter later told her that Davis stared at her for a 'very long time' before she asked him, 'Daddy, what are you doing?'

Chesley says Davis then went upstairs with a gun and the daughter heard Arrendale screaming and then a 'boom.'

Further, it states Jessica Arrendale had 2 children and someone stated above that she'd been married before.  She definitely got mixed up with the wrong dude (not unusual if you believe the numerous posts here from men who got mixed up with crazy women ) but there's nothing at all to give credence to the *slut having an affair* theory being bandied about.  

Occam's Razor and all that.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sincere question.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sincere question.

This was where I got it. Not sure where she got it. You may want to ask her.

Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd bet cash that this had little to do with depression, and more to do with infidelity.

I think it had to do with an asshole.  Reports were that he'd beaten on her in the past.  

Maybe she finally realized the baby was worth protecting and attempted to leave.  Damn shame it was apparently too late.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sincere question.

It would be a rare occurrence for a mother to throw her dead daughter under the bus.

The difference between you and I is I am not putting as much weight behind her mother trying to make a saint out of her daughter.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy catch 22, Batman!!!

So saying that she was cheating (absent any evidence whatsoever and in the face of plenty of evidence that he was a violent dick) isn't an attempt to pass it off that she "made him do it" or "drove him to it"?

That is a cute little back door way of saying it was her fault without using those words. In effect, that he wouldn't have done that but for her wrongdoing. In essence, her fault. And you started it by the cute little quip that it was all about infidelity, of which there is zero evidence. Plenty of others have chimes in to say that they think so too, also absent any evidence. In fact, there is plenty of evidence that he was an abusive nutcase, but y'all skip that part and immediately jump to infidelity as the cause.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It would be a rare occurrence for a mother to throw her dead daughter under the bus.

The difference between you and I is I am not putting as much weight behind her mother trying to make a saint out of her daughter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sincere question.

Instead, you're trying to scapegoat her by making up allegations of infidelity.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So saying that she was cheating (absent any evidence whatsoever and in the face of plenty of evidence that he was a violent dick) isn't an attempt to pass it off that she "made him do it" or "drove him to it"?

That is a cute little back door way of saying it was her fault without using those words. In effect, that he wouldn't have done that but for her wrongdoing. In essence, her fault. And you started it by the cute little quip that it was all about infidelity, of which there is zero evidence. Plenty of others have chimes in to say that they think so too, also absent any evidence. In fact, there is plenty of evidence that he was an abusive nutcase, but y'all skip that part and immediately jump to infidelity as the cause.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy catch 22, Batman!!!

You can say or think whatever you like.

She didn't deserve to get murdered.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:42:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sincere question.

Like I've said twice now (this is 3) that I would bet she cheated.  That doesn't mean she should have been murdered, and that doesn't mean it's her fault for getting murdered.

I'm just playing the odds.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#11]
What a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:47:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I just came to post my condolences for the mother, and my prayers for the children.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:07:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
His aspiring rap career is ruined now.
View Quote

He was a Marine..
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
For the record.. I'm not passing shit. Fuck both of them for putting that child in danger. I'm sure they were both complete manipulative psycopaths
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's trying to play it off like he wasn't serious before.

Don't get all excited now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfnFF8VVbrw&sns=em

I'm not excited.  Why would you think I was excited?  It not like I haven't seen someone try to pass off their bullshit as a joke about a thousand times before.

For the record.. I'm not passing shit. Fuck both of them for putting that child in danger. I'm sure they were both complete manipulative psycopaths

So for the record.....you like to beat and rape women.

Ed

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Another one looking to blame the victim. Yay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd bet cash that this had little to do with depression, and more to do with infidelity.

Yep !

Another one looking to blame the victim. Yay.

I'd bet cash that this had to do with some asshole who got pissed at the drop of a hat and loved to beat women and kids.

I've seen it a thousand times and arrested cowards just like him. Too bad his mother didn't believe in abortion.
Ed

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
............because the MSM has an agenda
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is it so important that he was a marine at some point

............because the MSM has an agenda
To get you to click on it.
Just like any fluff story or story where the victim is a veteran.
If marine or veteran is in the title it probably gets more clicks.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not excited.  Why would you think I was excited?  It not like I haven't seen someone try to pass off their bullshit as a joke about a thousand times before.

For the record, no, you're not, but not for lack of trying.  You quote and respond to Joker's post about the fucked up shit in this thread by saying you're "sarcastic", and start yukking it up about napalm and aliens.  Bullshit, you weren't  try to play off your earlier posts as a joke.  You really need to pick one line of bullshit and stick to it.  This back-and-forth stuff just makes you look silly.

Obviously, Davis had mental health issues; he hit a six month old baby with a bat and shot her mother.  But why do you characterize the murder victim as a "manipulative psycopath"(sic)?  Do you know something the rest of us don't?  Are you personally acquainted with the victim?  Or do you consider getting murdered as symptomatic of mental illness?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
This would be proper use of 'Ex-Marine'.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Fuck that piece of shit.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That sentence.  That grammar.  I'm so mad, I'm going to start swinging a cactus.  Jane, if you get hit ... it's your own misfortunate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At a week shy of six years participating in GD, I'm pretty much convinced that there is no act of violence that can be committed against a woman but what something here won't squirm out from under a rock to proclaim her responsible for her own misfortunate.

That sentence.  That grammar.  I'm so mad, I'm going to start swinging a cactus.  Jane, if you get hit ... it's your own misfortunate.

Meh, it might not have been the best sentence I ever wrote, but it was good enough for the target audience.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Another half day stand off, nice. I guess the MRAPs, and bad ass door kicker units, are only for 3am no knocks on sleeping people. If the dept. policy is to stand down when it may be dangerous what`s the point.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:38:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Meh, it might not have been the best sentence I ever wrote, but it was good enough for the target audience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
At a week shy of six years participating in GD, I'm pretty much convinced that there is no act of violence that can be committed against a woman but what something here won't squirm out from under a rock to proclaim her responsible for her own misfortunate.

Stand back, while I swing this cactus.

This whole thing makes riles me.  Reminds me of a friend who was in an abusive relationship in ATL.  To make matters worse, the guy was a cop.  The gal was no fool, either; well educated, good job and so forth.  Taught me that almost anyone can fall into the trap of an abusive relationship.  She was smart enough to eventually extricate herself from it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:46:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Like I've said twice now (this is 3) that I would bet she cheated.  That doesn't mean she should have been murdered, and that doesn't mean it's her fault for getting murdered.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:l

Sincere question.

And what odds would those be?  And if, as you say, infidelity doesn't enter into the moral calculus of her demise, why speculate about it?  

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sincere question.

You're just disregarding facts, making shit up, and then deciding your story is the right one.

You are going out of your way to find some way to blame the victim.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:20:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are really good at reading only the parts you want to read.

1)  Facts?  According to whom?  Her mother?
2)  Blame the victim?  I've said at least twice (this is the third time.  Oh and this is the second time I've had to say this to you) Let me start over.  I've said at least twice that I'm not blaming her for being murdered.  The murderer is responsible for murdering her.
3)  I haven't made any shit up.  I have speculated.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

And what odds would those be?  And if, as you say, infidelity doesn't enter into the moral calculus of her demise, why speculate about it?  

View Quote

Every murderer has his or her own reasons for committing the crime.

My bet is that his reason for murdering her is that she cheated on him.

He is still guilty of murder.  Her death is not her fault.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see.  So you decided you'd make up shit about a dead woman just for the hell of it, with neither purpose nor basis?  By the way, I'm still waiting for you to tell me about "the odds".
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote
It seems to get mentioned.  The same way a guy who "helped" kill a big alligator gets USMC in headlines.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:36:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Must be because beatings and rapes sometimes DO fall from the sky.

BTW, who the fuck is this Bill Burr?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then Bill Burr's a moron. Crazy and drunk people will accuse you of made up shit. When my ex used to drink, I'd get in trouble for what I "probably did" and "probably would do".

I have had the means to fuck men up who had done me wrong, but I never did. Why? Because I'm not a PoS.

Stop making excuses. There's no "reason why", just lame excuses for people who don't act right.

Eta: ex bf a long time ago, not ex husband.

Must be because beatings and rapes sometimes DO fall from the sky.

BTW, who the fuck is this Bill Burr?

Bill Burr - "No Reason To Hit a Woman"
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I see.  So you decided you'd make up shit about a dead woman just for the hell of it, with neither purpose nor basis?  By the way, I'm still waiting for you to tell me about "the odds".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't make up anything.  It's my personal bet, and mine alone.  The odds are based on nothing more than personal experience, perception and prejudice.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:09:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blaming the victim in a case as horrible as this is absolutely wrong....no one can reasonably argue that.

On the other hand, to not at least ask questions only begs for it to happen again and again. If there is any silver lining at all in a situation like this, it is to at least have a chance to learn from it.

Ive been to enough domestic violence calls and dealt with enough perpetrators and victims to know this shit doesnt just explode out of know where. She saw this coming, she just didnt recognize it for what it was. She defended herself with a base ball bat from him? C'mon, I wasnt there but Ive responded to enough of these scenes and interviewed and arrested enough people that I would bet every penny I own on the fact that I could re-intact what went down with a very close approximation of how things actually transpired.

Some common sense and de-escalation skills and I bet she would still be alive today. Using a little more common sense about who the fuck she hooked up with in the first place would eliminate the problem in the first place. Again....this shit didnt blind side her, she just wasnt looking.

Not blaming her or saying its her fault, of course its not.....but I guarantee there was more to this than just some asshole that snapped from out of nowhere and blew her brains out.

And when Ray Rice's wife ends up in a dumpster everyone is gonna stand around acting all surprised?

Domestic violence has a pattern. People don't just snap from out of no where.  If she didn't notice the violent propensity this ass hole had,  she should have. No excuses for the murdering asshole that killed her..... He can rot in hell. On the other hand,  what's that story about the old lady and the snake? "Bitch,  you knew I was a snake,  it's in my nature."
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:11:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

And when Ray Rice's wife ends up in a dumpster everyone is gonna stand around acting all surprised?

Domestic violence has a pattern. People don't just snap from out of no where.  If she didn't notice the violent propensity this ass hole had,  she should have. No excuses for the murdering asshole that killed her..... He can rot in hell. On the other hand,  what's that story about the old lady and the snake? "Bitch,  you knew I was a snake,  it's in my nature."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought it was a frog and a scorpion.

Tom-eh-toes, Tom-ah-toes and all that.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:11:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Change the fucking title OP.
His being a former Marine had NOTHING to do with the crime.
Unless you're some fucking libtard dummycunt reporter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Change the fucking title OP.
His being a former Marine had NOTHING to do with the crime.
Unless you're some fucking libtard dummycunt reporter.

"A Marine is a Marine.  I set that policy two weeks ago - there's no such thing as a former Marine.   You're a Marine, just in a different uniform and you're in a different phase of your life.  But you'll always be a Marine because you went to Parris Island, San Diego or the hills of Quantico.  There's no such thing as a former Marine."

The Commandant of the Marine Corps, General James F. Amos

A suspects job is relevant to the story, not necessarily the crime.  It serves to inform people that evil has no predefined face. It shows up anywhere and everywhere in all walks of life, in any career... It reminds us all that nobody is exempt from the ability to be evil, to do evil or to project evil.

Whether it's a Marine, a former Marine, an ex-Marine, a welder, a cop, a dentist, you name it. It should make any righteous man read and say, there but for the grace of God go I.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:40:51 PM EDT
[#34]
pretty white girl: check
scary icky AR gun with scary icky supressor: check
cute baby: check
veteran with depression or PTSD: check

say hello to the new posterchild case for gun control. the media and gun control lobby will have a field day with this one.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:07:41 AM EDT
[#35]
She was very beautiful
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:26:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
She was very beautiful
View Quote

I didn't think so but that has no relevance to the issue. I would agree to the 'NY Daily Times' comments if that is the correct name.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:30:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

For the record, no, you're not, but not for lack of trying.  You quote and respond to Joker's post about the fucked up shit in this thread by saying you're "sarcastic", and start yukking it up about napalm and aliens.  Bullshit, you weren't  try to play off your earlier posts as a joke.  You really need to pick one line of bullshit and stick to it.  This back-and-forth stuff just makes you look silly.

Obviously, Davis had mental health issues; he hit a six month old baby with a bat and shot her mother.  But why do you characterize the murder victim as a "manipulative psycopath"(sic)?  Do you know something the rest of us don't?  Are you personally acquainted with the victim?  Or do you consider getting murdered as symptomatic of mental illness?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But she's pretty!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:47:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Jesus Harold Christ, some of you people could fuck up a free lunch.

We could probably write a very simple equation to determine how quickly these threads get fucked:

+ Marine
+ suppressed AR
+ completely unfounded and unsubstantiated suspicion that she cheated on him (because, come on, you've been messed around on, too, right?)
- black

My math puts it at him getting somewhere around 8-10% of the aggregate population of GD's support in the matter.

A woman is killed by some raving lunatic while performing the most basic act of love she could muster in her final moments, and it's her fault.

I'd say un-fucking-believable, but it's really totally fucking believable.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:08:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Another white woman whose life could have been saved by racism.

Chris Rock says it the other way around in his act, but he's black so that's okay.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:16:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

And the guy was living in her home and she was the only provider for the household.  I'm not sure whether his other two daughters just happened to be there or if they resided there.  If I had to guess, I'd say there was some kind of joint custody arrangement with the girls' mother such that they ate and slept there a portion of the time.

Something else: by the time I finished page one, I said to myself: If this makes it to page four, someone will portray the murderer as the real victim.  Prescient, I was.  Such is Guys' Drama.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.  The other two girls in the house at the time were from his previous marriage.  

Jesus Christ............and this piece of shit tried to kill the child he had with the woman he murdered.

Pretty selective sick anger.

And the guy was living in her home and she was the only provider for the household.  I'm not sure whether his other two daughters just happened to be there or if they resided there.  If I had to guess, I'd say there was some kind of joint custody arrangement with the girls' mother such that they ate and slept there a portion of the time.

Something else: by the time I finished page one, I said to myself: If this makes it to page four, someone will portray the murderer as the real victim.  Prescient, I was.  Such is Guys' Drama.

Ain't that page 2 out of the liberal playbook? Villainize the victim and victimize the Villain?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:46:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy catch 22, Batman!!!

Yes, because that's not what you're doing. ;)
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:02:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/AlvvCYUDHrQ
View Quote

Oh a comedian.

Thanks for the info.

As to the dead woman..........the only mistake she made was not having a gun and blowing that fucktard's brains out at the first sign of repeated violence against her.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:27:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Holy catch 22, Batman!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Holy catch 22, Batman!!!

I saw a report on TV about abusive partners and abusive partners who kill their partners and this interesting fact came out ...........

An abused woman is more likely to be murdered by her abusive partner if she leaves the relationship.

I don't have the numbers handing but they were staggering enough for that information to stick in my head.

I guess it could be researched easy enough though.

Here is something ......

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/10/opinion/steiner-domestic-violence/

Many victims know instinctively what friends and family usually don't: The most lethal time in an abusive relationship is after you leave. More than 70% of domestic violence murders happen after the victim has gotten out.

That's rather alarming to me.

Like getting out isn't enough, you have to ...
Get Out
Get Away
Get A New Name

ETA: More information ......

http://www.domesticabuseshelter.org/infodomesticviolence.htm

Of the total domestic violence homicides, about 75% of the victims were killed as they attempted to leave the relationship or after the relationship had ended.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:35:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Absolutely true info I would bet....but that is rather intuitive, dont need studies to prove that.

Also dont need studies to know that the women in those abusive relationships stayed way too long in them in the first place. If they had left at the very first sign of violence or mistreatment, things wouldnt have escalated that far.

Its a lesson to those with daughters, be the man you want you daughter to love. Show her how a man should treat a woman by treating her that way, by treating her mother that way. Teach her to accept nothing less......teach her the self respect and self worth necessary to recognize a piece of shit when he is right in front of her. Teach her not to lie down with dogs for the sake of acceptance or financial security.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:42:37 AM EDT
[#45]
That's a shame. Get that man some help.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:50:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
As to the dead woman..........the only mistake she made was not having a gun and blowing that fucktard's brains out at the first sign of repeated violence against her.
View Quote

My father used to say, of my bouts of youthful exuberance, "Once is a good story; twice is a problem."  I've found this generally helpful advice in dealing with others.  So, yeah, the second time a guy beat me, I can pretty much guarantee his would be a closed casket funeral.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Oh a comedian.

Thanks for the info.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/AlvvCYUDHrQ

Oh a comedian.

Thanks for the info.

I agree.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:11:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

But she's pretty!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But she's pretty!

So you believe all attractive women are manipulative psychopaths?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:31:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I take no issue with those that say she made a very poor decision in choosing that guy as a husband and father. I agree.

What I do take issue with are the guys that are saying she must have done something wrong to provoke him like to that end. Saying that she must have cheated or done something else to make him do this. As though, absent her misconduct, he would have been a model husband and father. They are scapegoating her and trying to blame his actions on her (mis)behavior. Add to it the fact that they are making up the supposed misconduct completely from exactly zero evidence and yeah, they're trying to lay the blame at her feet, rather than that of the violent lunatic that actually did the shooting.
View Quote

Absolutely concur with this.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Holy catch 22, Batman!!!
View Quote

I think your comment does speak to something interesting here...bear with me, I'll try to explain myself succinctly:

There is a pattern to the cycle of violence that women NEED to pay attention to if they'd like to avoid the worst of this problem, but women in these relationships usually are too busy "trying to save" the abuser to notice the signs.

If a woman stays, the violence increases in the "normal" up-tick (which can lead to her death).  BUT if she leaves, that violence CAN accelerate along that path (usually because she decides to leave too late to avoid the escalation & acceleration).  Leaving within the first 3 instances might be the only hope a woman has to survive at all, IMHO.  Even then, she might not (as some guys have already latched on...the really f*ed up ones).

Maybe de-escalation tactics would work, maybe they wouldn't...it's always hard to determine what would prevent violence when you're dealing with mentally unstable individuals.  To me, PTSD is rough but doesn't scare me like schizophrenia or bipolar disorders, or someone who wasn't raised to respect others or has some other serious issues, would.

I don't know why women get the blame for being a victim, although I think (at least I hope) some couch it in those terms as their crude way of asking "Why didn't she leave sooner?"

Ah, I don't know...I've been so risk-averse my whole life that I've been pretty lucky, at least in the relationship department.  I think most guys thought I'd kick their ass if they even asked me out, soooo...
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top