BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:32:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any R is better than a D.

A vote for a third party is a vote for Hillary.

Chess, not checkers.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:49:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Or... You can read what the NRA has said about it. The NRA defended Bush.

I can see why the NRA told Bush to play his cards like he did.

Bush and the NRA was able to keep the argument out of the National-level... And at the congressional-level... Where (drum-roll, please) pro-gun NRA candidates had the majority.

Rest assured... If anti-gun Democrats controlled the House and the Senate, the NRA would take the debate to the National-level... To try to win the debate.

The NRA was wise to keep guns out of the Presidential debates. It would not do the NRA any good, any good at all to get the Presidential debates centered on the verbology of a new gun-ban...

The NRA was strategic in their thinking... And I agree with the NRA. Bush saying, "I will sign it if it gets to my desk." Knowing full-well that it will never get to his desk...

Ends the debate, ends his role in the argument... And allows the NRA to send money to congressional candidates, instead of spending millions of dollars on network national-level advertising.

The NRA was thinking strategically... While losing a tactical debate on the national level, they were able to be effectively positioned for a strategic battle.

A network advert on *national* network TV during prime-time viewing can cost millions. One advertisement on network TV during prime-time can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars... While a donation of $20K-$50K can make a massive difference on a race for a seat in the House... The NRA was smart in keeping the argument at the House and Senate level... And *out* of the Presidential race...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He said he'd sign it if Congress passed it.  He neither spoke out in favor of a new ban, nor did he pressure anyone in Congress to pass one.

I've written two letters to politicians in my life.  I wrote GWB and Karl Rove in 2004 pleading that they not to renew the AWB if the bill reaches their desk.  Both responses were obviously form letters; both said that they specifically support the AWB becoming permanent and they will sign it if it reaches their desk.

Then fuck them both.

I agree.  However, some members here are so blindly loyal to the RNC establishment that they can't reconcile clear and unambiguous anti-2A rhetoric from republican politicians. They bitch and moan about libertarians rather than getting their own fucked up political house in order.

Or... You can read what the NRA has said about it. The NRA defended Bush.

I can see why the NRA told Bush to play his cards like he did.

Bush and the NRA was able to keep the argument out of the National-level... And at the congressional-level... Where (drum-roll, please) pro-gun NRA candidates had the majority.

Rest assured... If anti-gun Democrats controlled the House and the Senate, the NRA would take the debate to the National-level... To try to win the debate.

The NRA was wise to keep guns out of the Presidential debates. It would not do the NRA any good, any good at all to get the Presidential debates centered on the verbology of a new gun-ban...

The NRA was strategic in their thinking... And I agree with the NRA. Bush saying, "I will sign it if it gets to my desk." Knowing full-well that it will never get to his desk...

Ends the debate, ends his role in the argument... And allows the NRA to send money to congressional candidates, instead of spending millions of dollars on network national-level advertising.

The NRA was thinking strategically... While losing a tactical debate on the national level, they were able to be effectively positioned for a strategic battle.

A network advert on *national* network TV during prime-time viewing can cost millions. One advertisement on network TV during prime-time can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars... While a donation of $20K-$50K can make a massive difference on a race for a seat in the House... The NRA was smart in keeping the argument at the House and Senate level... And *out* of the Presidential race...

You post the same stuff whenever anyone here questions if the republican establishment is genuinely pro-2A.  You seem to have political Stockholm Syndrome.  I acknowledge that the Republican party is far more pro-2A than Democrats, but overall, they are very malleable on this issue (obviously there are exceptions).  

If Bush truly didn't want the AWB extended, he could have simply veto'd it. None of the political shenanigans you outlined were necessary if the republican president would have simply said "I'll veto any extension of the AWB".  

In March of 2004, the AWB came within a whisper of reaching GWB's desk.  I remember that day well.  Former Senator Larry Craig, for all faults, worked like a boss that day to prevent the AWB from being extended by GWB.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You post the same stuff whenever anyone here questions if the republican establishment is genuinely pro-2A.  You seem to have political Stockholm Syndrome.  I acknowledge that the Republican party is far more pro-2A than Democrats, but overall, they are very malleable on this issue (obviously there are exceptions).  

If Bush truly didn't want the AWB extended, he could have simply veto'd it. None of the political shenanigans you outlined were necessary if the republican president would have simply said "I'll veto any extension of the AWB".  

In March of 2004, the AWB came within a whisper of reaching GWB's desk.  I remember that day well.  Former Senator Larry Craig, for all faults, worked like a boss that day to prevent the AWB from being extended by GWB.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Wait... what.

GWB never actively campaigned for the AWB... You are making some real reaches of the imagination here...

Quoted:

I acknowledge that the Republican party is far more pro-2A than Democrats,.

You are correct.

It is in black-and-white. It is written down.

The party-platform of the Democrat Party is "comprehensive restrictions to gun ownership." Obama repeated it consistently during his campaign.

The party-platform of the Republican Party is "no new gun laws."

Yeah... There is malleability. Reagan supported gun laws to get the ball moving on making other aspects of gun ownership easier... And it was a different day back in the day, before the internet. The NRA worked-with Reagan and Bush I behind closed doors to protect the American gun manufacturers... The NRA was largely an arm of the American gun manufacturers during large swaths of the 1970s and 1980s...

But I cannot fault Reagan and Bush doing what the NRA told them to do... And the NRA has changed... The NRA is more of an arm of its members, and less of an arm of manufacturers now...

Quoted:

Bush II did exactly what the NRA told him to do.

The NRA didn't have the money or the resources for a protracted national-level fight... A *national* advertisement during prime-time can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars a pop... But a $20,000 given to a congressional candidate can make-or-break the race.

The NRA could not risk a national-level fight... Constant MSM, "its for the children" free advertising... Constantly... The NRA would run out of money, fast, in a national-level fight...

But they could take $5-10 M and keep the House... They would spend that in a week in a *national* level advertising campaign... And still not get the *free* airtime the opposition was getting.

The NRA telling Bush II to say, "I will sign it when it gets to my desk," completely-ended the national-level fight. It ended it. The msm could harp all-day-every-day, "we need to ban guns, we need to ban guns..."

And that did not matter one iota because the NRA would get a lot of local mileage out of $10,000 in a close local race against an anti-gun incumbent.

Instead of paying $100,000 on *one* national advertisement, they could run a massive mailer in a congressional district, and get a pro-gun Republican into office...

What the NRA did makes perfect sense to me...

Quoted:

It would have been a lot, lot closer if Bush II had not listened to the NRA, and if the NRA had been forced to take money away from key congressional races, and waste that money countering a national anti-gun campaign.

The AWB didn't reach Bush IIs desk because of the sole reason pro-gun Republicans held the House.

That is the sole, solitary, single reason why the AWB renewal didn't reach Bush IIs desk.

Bush was smart and correct to listen to the NRA. The NRA was smart and correct and frugal in their use of resources to attempt to win fights they could win...

They will never, ever be able to meet the msm's ability to give constant, consistent *free* advertising to the anti-gun agenda... But they can take a House seat with targeted mailers, and advertising and an inexpensive ground-game in a contested locality...

The NRA did the right thing... And Bush II did the right thing by leaving his door open to the NRA, and listening to, and going-along with their strategy...
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:37:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Am I in before the "you must absolutely vote for the (R) candidate, no questions asked" crew?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:41:36 PM EDT
[#5]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chess, not checkers.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/op7tQGEtP4k/hqdefault.jpg

I'll just vote for Hillary. Fuck Christy.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:44:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Chess, not checkers.

View Quote

With genius strategy like this, it's no wonder the country is fucked!

Blame the libertarians!

It's their fault we're idiots!

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:46:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Am I in before the "you must absolutely vote for the (R) candidate, no questions asked" crew?
View Quote

You did not make it in before the "A vote for a anti-gun Democrat is just the same as an NRA-endorsed Republican, or just stay at home... Makes no difference... Yeah, lets all stay at home" DU trolls, either...

Threads like this in mere weeks before anti-gun Democrats *could* lose control of the Senate is not a mere accident...

"Stay at home! Stay at home! or vote Democrat, because there is no difference or just stay home... Everybody stay home!!!-!!!"

No way. Absolutely no way threads like this were no accident in the weeks leading up to hardcore anti-gun Obama getting re-elected... And in the political climate right now... With Democrats crapping their pants...

No way this "Stay home everybody, just stay home!" is an accident.

Absolutely no way... Too much is on the line right now for anti-gun Democrats...
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:53:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Fucking hilarious.

We haven't even held the mid terms.

The Presidential primaries are 2 years away.

You clowns want so desperately for him to be the nominee.

Actually, it's too pathetic to be hilarious.

My only comment in this thread.

I can't debate with fucking loons especially when they start threads like this just to stir shit up.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Now is the time to let the GOP know you won't support him.
View Quote

The washPOSt will just put out another story in 2 weeks when the official report comes out saying they can't prove Cristie was involved in bridgegate quoting Christie staffers and Donald Trump. Liberal bloggers will chant never vote GOP 1 month before midterms to help Senate dems and keep Reid's progressive nuclear options.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I won't vote for him even if he's the only candidate on the ballot.  I'll write in a name.  

Not a fucking chance.  Any one who votes for him should just kill themselves.  Fuck you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I can't debate with fucking loons especially when they start threads like this just to stir shit up.

View Quote

Absolutely nailed it.

But I think in the weeks leading up to the mid-terms, we are going to see a lot more... "Reagan was pro-Union, every body needs to stay at home for any and all elections..."

And...

"Chris Christie is a Republican... Aaaarrrggg, everybody stay home, everybody. Chris Christie is a Republican! Stay home on election day!"

Whatever reason to back-up their agenda... Vote Democrat.

If you don't vote Democrat, stay home.

A DU troll would get caught in a spit-second with a "Just vote Democrat" post... But, "I have closely analyzed the two parties, and I can see no difference between voting-for anti-gun Democrats and pro-gun republicans..."

With that kind of stance, the DU trolls can get some repeated mileage... Especially when they are called-out they just say, chest thumping, "I am a libertarian."

And... If they fail at, "vote Democrat."

They say... "If all else fails, might as well vote Democrat, because there is no real difference, anyway... And if not that, then stay at home on election day."

Lots and lots of repeated mileage for the DU trolls on that...

The agenda of the liberal trolls is to stir-up animosity towards imperfect conservatives... And if all they can get is, "Well, might as well stay home." Then they have achieved victory.

The truth... Perfect conservatives simply do not exist outside the minds of retards and DU trolls.

But you are correct... This thread is here for the sole, solitary, single reason of stirring-up animosity towards pro-gun Republicans... I will take it a step further... This thread is here for the sole, solitary, single reason of stirring up animosity towards pro-gun Republicans in ****CURRENT**** close races with anti-gun Democrats...

And... As we get closer to the mid-term election, you will see more, "Reagan wasn't perfect, vote Democrat or stay home..." And "Christie calls himself a Republican, might as well vote Democrat or stay home..." threads as we get nearer and nearer to the mid-terms...

Folks on arfcom troll liberal sites... And liberals troll arfcom.

This thread is an example...
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I agree.  But you'll note that SOME people here see Christie as another reason to condemn the entire GOP.

The Democrats and the Libertarians both play this game.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So does this thread inspire you to support the Republicans in taking back the Senate or not?

What exactly changed to make everyone rant and rave about the GOP, today?

Bitching about Krispy Crème does not in any way depress me about the upcoming mid-terms. Bring November ON!

I just can't stand Christie.

I agree.  But you'll note that SOME people here see Christie as another reason to condemn the entire GOP.

The Democrats and the Libertarians both play this game.

Now that you mention it, Sir, yes I agree. I see and read those posts and am left scratching my head in confusion.

I can confidant it will not work, though. AR15.com, bless her, is not all of America, and there are a LOT of pissed-off Republicans just ITCHING
to vote this November.

Hold the Line! Stand Your Ground!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:33:03 AM EDT
[#13]
http://washingtonexaminer.com/another-small-sign-the-2016-gop-race-is-insanely-wide-open/article/2553513

This very unscientific to the point of being close to worthless "poll" gives a writer a reason to slam the Republican party.  I do not know what he expects to gain from asking random people who they would vote for.

A couple I have never heard of and Petraeus!  

Get Republicans in a position to control the Senate and defeat Boehner in Ohio this November.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:44:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I won't vote for him even if he's the only candidate on the ballot.  I'll write in a name.  

Not a fucking chance.  Any one who votes for him should just kill themselves.  Fuck you.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:19:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Not voting for that fat fuck.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Where are there libertarians talking up Christie? Not happening.

Republicans are talking about Christie, and he's been making appearances in places like Iowa and Oklahoma where a liberal New Jersey governor shouldn't really be unless he's up to something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Again, conservatives aren't talking about Christie for prez in 2016-only libtards and "libertarians".  You do the math.

Where are there libertarians talking up Christie? Not happening.

Republicans are talking about Christie, and he's been making appearances in places like Iowa and Oklahoma where a liberal New Jersey governor shouldn't really be unless he's up to something.

Talking "up" and talking "about" are two different things.  One is advocacy, and the other is keeping the idea alive (which seems to the sole providence of self-described "libertarians" here in GD).

There isn't a fucking soul here in GD who calls himself an "R" that advocates for Gov. Christie to be the GOP nominee for president.  I can't recall one thread that's been started advocating any such thing.  Who the fuck are you people kidding?

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:32:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I can not vote for that fat, fucking, conservative posing, asshole.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Vote for Kris Krispy?

Not a chance. I wouldn't do it if Obama was running against him for a third term. I'd just write Rand's name in.

If he gets nominated, the Republican party wants to lose. They threw the last couple of elections IMO.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:49:47 PM EDT
[#20]
This would be absolute proof that the game is rigged and that the will of the people in selecting a candidate is completely meaningless.

As if we needed any proof.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:16:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This would be absolute proof that the game is rigged and that the will of the people in selecting a candidate is completely meaningless.

As if we needed any proof.
View Quote

What would be proof?  Ask yourself what concrete event occurred to trigger this thread.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:27:50 PM EDT
[#22]
I doubt there will be any clear GOP front runner until after the first or second debate.  There are several who are near the top but it's still a relatively open field.

Krispy Kreme?... Umm, no.

Does Romney complete his trifecta?

Where Rand, Cruz, MIke Lee, Perry, Jindal, and company line up is anyone's guess.  Any one of them is better than any choice the D's will throw up there.  I anticipate Billary, but the left is so unstable, I wouldn't be surprised to see an unknown, again.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:37:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Fuck that fat piece of shit.  Before he was causing traffic jams he was using the governor's chopper to watch his kid play ball.

That said, let the Democrats think fatboy will be the nominee.  2 years is plenty of time for him to drop out or have a massive coronary.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:46:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

There isn't a fucking soul here in GD who calls himself an "R" that advocates for Gov. Christie to be the GOP nominee for president.  I can't recall one thread that's been started advocating any such thing.  Who the fuck are you people kidding?

View Quote

There isn't a fucking soul on here who is a member of the Republican Washington Elite either.

They are the ones who want Crispy and will push hard for him on every MSM outlet they can do so.
Combine that with an early Primary schedule that favors Blue States, States that allow non-Republicans to vote in Republican Primaries and the usual low information voters, we could wind up with him.

That is the same rigged play book we've had for the last few elections that forced " moderates" McStain and MeatHead Romney upon us.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:48:21 PM EDT
[#25]
I will not vote for Fatfuck.

Not even with a gun to my head.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:37:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Folks who live in la-la land cannot wrap their head around the fact that there is no such thing as a "perfect" ideologically-pure conservative.

They do not exist.

Which is why I am highly suspect of so many so-called "libertarians" who get-together for, "Might as well vote straight-party anti-gun liberal Democrat or stay at home" circle jerks... A month away from a huge, huge mid-term election... With Democrat balance in the Senate on the line...

Knowing full-well that there is no such thing as a perfect ideologically pure electable conservative. They do not exist. They are the unicorn of retards, DU trolls, and idiot so-called GD "libertarians."

Ronald Reagan had massive, huge, humongous, oozing warts. He had taken hard-core anti-gun stances as Governor. He had signed into-law the first (pre R v W) pro-abortion bill into law. He had his warts.

But he was still a conservative at heart, and he was a good conservative... The *perfect* example that the perfect ideologically-pure conservative does not exist in reality.

They do not exist in the real-world.

The best you can get is... Reagan. Warts and all. Former Union President. Campaigned on a pro-Union, big-tent platform. The perfect conservative is like the Unicorn.

That is why I sincerely believe much of the, "Might as well vote anti-gun liberal Democrat or stay at home." Are really just DU trolls...

No. It is not an accident that balance of the US Senate hangs in the balance of a vote that takes place in a month... And there are DU trolls saying, "Stay home! Stay home! Vote anti-gun Democrat, they are the same as a pro-gun Republican, or just stay home! If in doubt, stay home!"

The truth... Reagan was absolutely, unequivocally,  no-doubt, not-perfect. He had signed anti-gun legislation into law. He had signed pro-abortion legislation into law. He was a million miles from perfect.

The "perfect" conservative only exists in the minds of retarded people and DU trolls...

Reagan (warts and all) was the lesser-evil against anti-gun, super-liberal Jimmy Carter.

Chris Christie is never going to win the South in the Republican Primary. He will never win any state or area outside the Northeast. Giuliani ran back in 2008, and got his teeth handed to him. The liberal media painted Giuliani as the front-runner, and he came-in last among the handful of early runners in the early Primaries. He was the first one to drop-out. Just like Giuliani, Christie is not a real conservative, so DU trolls and retards like pointing to him as "this is what Republicans believe." But in reality Christie polls terribly among conservatives. He polls terribly in Republican circles.

The truth... Reagan was the lesser-evil against Carter...

And that is how it works... Only DU trolls and retards cannot wrap their heads around the real-world...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Once again, it's the lesser of two evils. This is one reason why I hate the parties.

Every election is about the lesser of two evils.  

Folks who live in la-la land cannot wrap their head around the fact that there is no such thing as a "perfect" ideologically-pure conservative.

They do not exist.

Which is why I am highly suspect of so many so-called "libertarians" who get-together for, "Might as well vote straight-party anti-gun liberal Democrat or stay at home" circle jerks... A month away from a huge, huge mid-term election... With Democrat balance in the Senate on the line...

Knowing full-well that there is no such thing as a perfect ideologically pure electable conservative. They do not exist. They are the unicorn of retards, DU trolls, and idiot so-called GD "libertarians."

Ronald Reagan had massive, huge, humongous, oozing warts. He had taken hard-core anti-gun stances as Governor. He had signed into-law the first (pre R v W) pro-abortion bill into law. He had his warts.

But he was still a conservative at heart, and he was a good conservative... The *perfect* example that the perfect ideologically-pure conservative does not exist in reality.

The best you can get is... Reagan. Warts and all. Former Union President. Campaigned on a pro-Union, big-tent platform. The perfect conservative is like the Unicorn.

That is why I sincerely believe much of the, "Might as well vote anti-gun liberal Democrat or stay at home." Are really just DU trolls...

No. It is not an accident that balance of the US Senate hangs in the balance of a vote that takes place in a month... And there are DU trolls saying, "Stay home! Stay home! Vote anti-gun Democrat, they are the same as a pro-gun Republican, or just stay home! If in doubt, stay home!"

The truth... Reagan was absolutely, unequivocally,  no-doubt, not-perfect. He had signed anti-gun legislation into law. He had signed pro-abortion legislation into law. He was a million miles from perfect.

The "perfect" conservative only exists in the minds of retarded people and DU trolls...

Reagan (warts and all) was the lesser-evil against anti-gun, super-liberal Jimmy Carter.

Chris Christie is never going to win the South in the Republican Primary. He will never win any state or area outside the Northeast. Giuliani ran back in 2008, and got his teeth handed to him. The liberal media painted Giuliani as the front-runner, and he came-in last among the handful of early runners in the early Primaries. He was the first one to drop-out. Just like Giuliani, Christie is not a real conservative, so DU trolls and retards like pointing to him as "this is what Republicans believe." But in reality Christie polls terribly among conservatives. He polls terribly in Republican circles.

And that is how it works... Only DU trolls and retards cannot wrap their heads around the real-world...

That's a lot of bloviating.   As often as you keep saying Christie will never be the nominee, WHY are you so fundamentally aghast at people talking about WHY he should not be the nominee?   Why are you so INTENT on talking about the lesser of two evils as if you are already laying the groundwork to support him if he is the nominee?  Why are you willing to ignore people with official standing in the Republican party who are pushing this asshole?

Why can't you just say:  "The GOP should not run the fat fuck, and if they do, the party faithful should not support him."?

I'll tell you why.  Because if the party establishment maneuver this fuckhead into running, you will line up to pull the lever and tell everyone here its their sacred duty to do so as well.   You'll go on and on with pages of posts about how his anti-gun record should be ignored in favor of campaign time weasel words.    You'll miss the problem with voting for someone with the right "R" letter behind their name, but who actually supports the POLICES of the left that are destroying this country.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:25:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Again, conservatives aren't talking about Christie for prez in 2016-only libtards and "libertarians".  You do the math.
View Quote

Which group is Ann Coulter in?

Which group is Bama-Shooter in?

Note that those two have diametrically opposed positions, Coulter being a Christie booster.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:14:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Chess, not checkers.

View Quote

I don't see what's so strategic about that sentiment. The GOP already relies upon it and uses it to do give the finger to the conservative base.

I think a better philosophy is to pick an important issue (like immigration) and be a one-issue voter. If that means the GOP loses, let them. They'll get the message eventually.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:25:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Note that those two have diametrically opposed positions, Coulter being a Christie booster.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For about a minute, years ago.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:39:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Crispy Cream is not on the side of the Second Amendment, nor does he bring anything to the table that I would stand for. The current POS is better than Crispy Cream.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:44:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'll vote third party if that assbag is the nominee.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 3:16:52 AM EDT
[#32]
We can see in this thread who loves their party more than their country.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 3:26:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
We can see in this thread who loves their party more than their country.
View Quote

Their posts, their rules, L_Y
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 3:57:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I don't care. A vote for a Decepticon is the same thing as voting for a far leftist. No difference.
View Quote

So you think it would make no difference whatsoever if Hillary nominated a Supreme Court Justice or two instead of Christie?

I see what you mean, but it does make a difference with the Supreme Court, if not much else. Bush expressed support for an AWB, yet the court he gave us allowed Heller to become one of our greatest victories.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:12:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That's a lot of bloviating.   As often as you keep saying Christie will never be the nominee, WHY are you so fundamentally aghast at people talking about WHY he should not be the nominee?   Why are you so INTENT on talking about the lesser of two evils as if you are already laying the groundwork to support him if he is the nominee?  Why are you willing to ignore people with official standing in the Republican party who are pushing this asshole?

Why can't you just say:  "The GOP should not run the fat fuck, and if they do, the party faithful should not support him."?

I'll tell you why.  Because if the party establishment maneuver this fuckhead into running, you will line up to pull the lever and tell everyone here its their sacred duty to do so as well.   You'll go on and on with pages of posts about how his anti-gun record should be ignored in favor of campaign time weasel words.    You'll miss the problem with voting for someone with the right "R" letter behind their name, but who actually supports the POLICES of the left that are destroying this country.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Once again, it's the lesser of two evils. This is one reason why I hate the parties.

Every election is about the lesser of two evils.  

They do not exist.

"The GOP should not run the fat fuck"?

How exactly do you think this process works?

Do you believe the RNC decides whether Christie should run?

What have YOU done to ensure that better candidates run?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:15:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Who is the Libertarian party running?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:20:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Who is the Libertarian party running?
View Quote

That's the irony.   The GOP does not "run" these candidates; they run themselves, and then people vote for them -or not.  There is no secret group who chooses the GOP candidate; it's us.

How exactly does the the Libertarian candidate become the Libertarian candidate?  Is THAT the process we prefer?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:41:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have decided to boycott Krispy Kreme.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:58:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But they're so sweet and delicious.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:06:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

But they're so sweet and delicious.
View Quote

Sometimes sacrifices MUST be made.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:24:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:30:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can we import Nigel Farage of UKIP to lead a third party run?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:34:54 AM EDT
[#43]
God we are so fucked!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:12:59 AM EDT
[#44]
I'd take Hillary or Obama over Christie - seriously.  At least if we have a lib in the white house they take the lion's share of the blame and the GOP controlled House will continue stalling their agenda.

With Christie in office it would be harder for the House to stall Christie's liberal-lite agenda because politicians are scared to go against the party.

Romney was what I'd call a "hold your nose" Republican.  Not the ideal candidate but I could vote for the guy.  

Christie?  Not a fucking chance.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Democrats do not have the luxury of crossing over to vote in Republican primaries this time, so there goes Christie's best voting bloc outside the New Jersey.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:23:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Democrats do not have the luxury of crossing over to vote in Republican primaries this time, so there goes Christie's best voting bloc outside the New Jersey.

View Quote

I thought there were a bunch of states in the early primaries that allow voters to vote in any one of the primaries, but only one?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

The doughnuts?   That is a mistake.  

The New Jersey RINO?   I concur.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:31:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I thought there were a bunch of states in the early primaries that allow voters to vote in any one of the primaries, but only one?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would be good to know which states allow this.  Ideally there will be contenders for the Democratic nominee so that may prevent this crossover to screw the Republicans.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:32:12 AM EDT
[#49]
pass
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last cycle they had a candidate picked from the outset, and nothing was going to change that. That gave dems the freedom to cross over and make mischief, like voting for Santorum in Michigan, or more recently Thad Cochran in Mississippi.

This time they will have their own primary to occupy them. Even with open primaries they only get to pick one. Very few are going to pass on voting in their own primary if it's Clinton versus Warren versus Sanders.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top