Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2001 6:01:15 AM EDT
I am a member of the local Boosters-an orginizaztion that is in existence for "the betterment of the local youth".  We sponser/organize/coach little league baseball/softball/footbal in the city.  In my opinion, we need to expand our reach to new activities.  While sitting at the last meeting, I noticed a rifle on the placemat of the table we were sitting at.  I thought that a shooting club/youth shooting competition would be a possible avenue to explore.  I would only want kids that have been through gun safety class.  Has anybody set up something like this?  I would proably want a couple of age groups, and possibly teams-One of our desires is to keep the playing field level-no "expert" kids all on one team.  Any help would be good.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 6:05:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Contact the NRA they have the very program you are talking about.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 6:07:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 6:24:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Get lots of insurance.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 8:18:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Cleatus,

Look into this. [url]http://www.uspsa-juniors.org/[/url]

I have been involved with a local club for a few months now.  Fill out the form on the website, and they will send you a nice manilla envelope full of useful info.  It is primarily pistol shooting, but the guys in our local club get together and have outdoor shoots with anything they want to bring.  A couple fo guys have legal full auto goodies. :^)  I am currently getting my step son inloved.  Best way I know to keep kids out of trouble is to keep them occupied in something that interests them.  It is an added bonus when you also enjoy what is keeping them out of trouble.  

Good luck,

Joe
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 8:53:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Look into your state's dept of hunting/fishing.  They may have instructors and materials which you could use.

Are you a member of a local gun club???  That's another place to try.

The NRA and CMP are great places to look, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top