Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2014 2:53:07 AM EDT
http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2014/09/19/gop-looks-to-stop-government-from-asking-ethnicity-of-gun-buyers/

Interesting. I'm in favor of it. Also, it will help dispell the rumors that the NRA only cares about white gun owners.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:28:32 AM EDT
[#1]
While I can somewhat understand the sentiment, seems to be a feel good, "drum up your base", fluff move to try and garner some more votes before the elections without actually doing anything.

It really shouldn't be absolutely required, but for people who don't want to provide a social, it aids in more quickly identifying them when running the NICS check.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:55:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2014/09/19/gop-looks-to-stop-government-from-asking-ethnicity-of-gun-buyers/

Interesting. I'm in favor of it. Also, it will help dispell the rumors that the NRA only cares about white gun owners.
View Quote

Frankly, I wish they'd do away with the ethnicity question on everything.  Not supposed to make any difference, right?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:07:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure if the motivations are purely political, or if they actually want to fix the problem, and frankly, I don't care.
There's no bad reason to do the right thing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:18:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I joked about them with the last FFL I filled out paperwork with.

Get rid of them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:30:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Get rid of them.
View Quote

You mean the Form 4473, right?

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:30:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
While I can somewhat understand the sentiment, seems to be a feel good, "drum up your base", fluff move to try and garner some more votes before the elections without actually doing anything.

It really shouldn't be absolutely required, but for people who don't want to provide a social, it aids in more quickly identifying them when running the NICS check.

View Quote

Agreed. This is a totally useless gesture. Of all the things that need fixing, this couldn't possibly be lower on the list.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:58:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get rid of them.

Yes, dump the 4473!!!

I am not going to the local gun store while in the penitentiary, I should be able to hand over cash and walk away with said gun.

If I need to show ID and fill out a form to exercise my 2nd Ammd. rights, I should need to do it to vote. Do it for all or none.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#8]

We are hip deep in debt, at war with religious fanatics, and drownng in unemployed people and this is what these bozos are working on?

Where is the emoticon for jerking off?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:39:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We are hip deep in debt, at war with religious fanatics, and drownng in unemployed people and this is what these bozos are working on?

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:53:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Frankly, I wish they'd do away with the ethnicity question on everything.  Not supposed to make any difference, right?
View Quote

The government wrote themselves into a catch 22 on ethnicity.  Ethnicity should not matter for anything government related; however, how do you show that there is no ethnic bias?  You have to track ethnicity to know that ethnicity isn't a factor.  That's government logic for you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:52:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You must be living under a rock since Dems Reid and Pelosi took over Congress in 2006 and Obama was elected?

Reid and Obama trashcanned all GOP jobs bills, keystone, repealing obamacare, sealing the borders, deporting underage illegal aliens and spending cuts but kept their prohibition of private property transfers, awb  and mag bans on the table. While Obama directs Reid's Senate nuclear option Dem appointment ATF Dir B Todd Jones to prohibit NFA Trusts, Saiga firearms, ammo imports and expands FFL reporting requirements.

Reid supported the measure but voted against it to preserve his ability to bring the measure up again.
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/294571-senate-rejects-tougher-background-checks-on-gun-purchases

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-republicans-reject-climate-change-science/

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/republicans-mobilize-block-epa-regulation

Their bill states simply: “The federal government may not require any person to disclose the race or ethnicity of the person in connection with the transfer of a firearm to the person.”

The legislation is called the Freedom From Intrusive Regulatory Enforcement of Arbitrary Registration Mandates Act, or the FIREARM Act.

Black and Poe proposed their bill on Thursday, the same day that several House Democrats introduced their own gun legislation that would require homemade firearms to have serial numbers. That bill was introduced by Rep. Mike Honda (D-Calif.), and is cosponsored by nine other Democrats.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Everyone should just lie. Who's going to challenge it? The shop owner? He doesn't want to be accused/sued for racism.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top